Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,063 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:42 AM

I Was Offered 100 Million To Step Down Says Teacher Who Defeated Yobe Speaker - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Was Offered 100 Million To Step Down Says Teacher Who Defeated Yobe Speaker (2983 Views)

Subsidy: Petrol Price Will Come Down, Says NNPC / 35-Year-Old PDP Candidate, Lawal Musa Stops Yobe Speaker’s 6th Term Ambition / Gbajabiamila: I Was Offered ₦100 Million To Support Third Term Agenda (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Was Offered 100 Million To Step Down Says Teacher Who Defeated Yobe Speaker by SReporters: 1:07pm On Mar 27, 2023
33 year old volunteer teacher Lawan Musa Majakura who defeated Yobe State House of Assembly Speaker, Ahmed Mirwa Lawan in the recently held Governorship and State Assembly Elections, claims that he was offered N100m to step down.

Musa of the People's Democratic Party (PDP) defeated Yobe Speaker of the All Progressives Congress (APC) with 6,648 votes.

The father of four, who made the revelation in an interview with Daily Trust, said a Government Official and others approached him and offered him N18 million to step down for the Speaker, which they later increased to N100m.

"To be honest, he did not contact me to step down for him on his own, but a Government official and some people I assumed were his representatives came to me twice and told me to step down." They offered me N18 million, but I refused. "They later returned and offered me N100m, but I refused," he explained.

"I told them that my village people had purchased nomination forms for me because they thought I would do better, so I didn't see why I should step down for anyone." If they really wanted me to step down for whoever sent them to me, I told them to meet my people. I even told my supporters what we talked about, but we all agreed that I would not resign, so we continued with our campaign," he said.

https://www.solutionreporters.com/2023/03/27/teacher-who-ended-yobe-speakers-aspirations-for-a-6th-term-i-was-offered-n100-million-to-step-down-and-was-twice-arrested/

6 Likes

Re: I Was Offered 100 Million To Step Down Says Teacher Who Defeated Yobe Speaker by Corridon: 1:11pm On Mar 27, 2023
A Yoruba man would have collected the bribe and step down.

32 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Was Offered 100 Million To Step Down Says Teacher Who Defeated Yobe Speaker by Jostoman: 1:11pm On Mar 27, 2023
Congratulation, just thank your God that you are not contesting in lagos they would have sent thugs to that your stronghold and make sure that your people doesnt have chance to vote for you and if by mistakingly you win they will change your results at collation center.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Was Offered 100 Million To Step Down Says Teacher Who Defeated Yobe Speaker by iykepromotions: 1:13pm On Mar 27, 2023
So much money in Nigeria politics make these greedy ones not to back out. Imagine what that amount will do for his constituency but he prefer to bribe his way through.

We need more of that teacher in Nigeria.

7 Likes

Re: I Was Offered 100 Million To Step Down Says Teacher Who Defeated Yobe Speaker by SpecialAdviser(m): 1:14pm On Mar 27, 2023
If only we know the amount these people steal everyday, we will all beg to be OBIDIENT.

12 Likes

Re: I Was Offered 100 Million To Step Down Says Teacher Who Defeated Yobe Speaker by SReporters: 1:17pm On Mar 27, 2023
Corridon:

Please can we make our points without being tribalistic? Acceptance of bribes is not limited to any tribe!
Later we complain of racism and how whites treat Africans badly but over here, tribalism is a big disease just like racism. angry

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Was Offered 100 Million To Step Down Says Teacher Who Defeated Yobe Speaker by Corridon: 1:19pm On Mar 27, 2023
SReporters:

Please can we make our points without being tribalistic? Acceptance of bribes is not limited to any tribe!
Later we complain of racism and how whites treat Africans badly but over here, tribalism is a big disease just like racism. angry
I'm Yoruba and I said the honest truth.

8 Likes

Re: I Was Offered 100 Million To Step Down Says Teacher Who Defeated Yobe Speaker by Flora2Sweet: 1:19pm On Mar 27, 2023
Bravery

3 Likes

Re: I Was Offered 100 Million To Step Down Says Teacher Who Defeated Yobe Speaker by RenaissanceGuy: 1:20pm On Mar 27, 2023
Corridon:
Only you operating SalamRushdie, SarkinYarkin, Massiveglory, malory, NaijaRoyalty, Severussnape, FarahAideed, Fahdiga, Princeoflagos, corridon, sometimes switching them and using them to comment on a single thread. I don't know what goes on in your mind, but trust me, there's nothing normal about this.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Was Offered 100 Million To Step Down Says Teacher Who Defeated Yobe Speaker by SReporters: 1:22pm On Mar 27, 2023
Corridon:
I'm Yoruba and I said the honest truth.

The Yorubas will not see it the way you said it.... They would take it as an insult and mockery. You don't generalize a tribe that consists of millions of people as easily influenced by bribe....

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Was Offered 100 Million To Step Down Says Teacher Who Defeated Yobe Speaker by Corridon: 1:22pm On Mar 27, 2023
RenaissanceGuy:
Only you operating SalamRushdie, SarkinYarkin, Massiveglory, malory, NaijaRoyalty, Severussnape,, Princeoflagos, corridon, sometimes switching them and using them to comment on a single thread. I don't know what goes on in your mind, but trust me, there's nothing normal about this.
I'm a Yoruba man so shut up.

3 Likes

Re: I Was Offered 100 Million To Step Down Says Teacher Who Defeated Yobe Speaker by RenaissanceGuy: 1:23pm On Mar 27, 2023
Corridon:
I'm a Yoruba man so shut up.
What has being a Yoruba got to do this, even though I know you're lying??

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Was Offered 100 Million To Step Down Says Teacher Who Defeated Yobe Speaker by Corridon: 1:24pm On Mar 27, 2023
SReporters:

The Yorubas will not see it the way you said it.... They would take it as an insult and mockery. You don't generalize a tribe that consists of millions of people as easily influenced by bribe....
Oga what is your problem? Are you in a place to tell me how my people behaves? Do you know my culture more than I do? Go and sleep if you are that jobless.

1 Like

Re: I Was Offered 100 Million To Step Down Says Teacher Who Defeated Yobe Speaker by Nobody: 1:25pm On Mar 27, 2023
Interesting...
Re: I Was Offered 100 Million To Step Down Says Teacher Who Defeated Yobe Speaker by vanitybutiwanti: 1:25pm On Mar 27, 2023
SpecialAdviser:
If only we know the amount these people steal everyday, we will all beg to be OBIDIENT.
No politicians is a saint, obi is a decent man and he understands human nature, there was no better time to preach the gospel of sainthood and sanctity than now, he took advantage of the masses to propagate his presidential ambition. Obi can't beat his chest to affirm that he never made a dime from politics, the politicians know these things, the masses are the fodder, when you're in dire straits or incapacitated due to a debilitating illness , you latch on to anyone that claims to have a solution to your problem, same formats the pastors use to fleece their members, till the end of time, even in advanced climes, politicians and pastors will continue to make money because there is always a problem to deal with.

Same obi was an adviser in GEJ government, do you know the number of persons that carted away with public funds when GEJ held sway? Obi ran with Atiku in 2019, are you aware that public funds was used to run that election? All PDP states at that time contributed cash to run their campaigns, if he was a saint, as he claims to be, why didn't he object on grounds of principle? No politician is a saint. Life is just funny, the poor and the masses are the disadvantaged.

I have a question for you and please be honest, if you have $1b or $500m, will you go into politics? And I hope you know what it takes to gather that kind of wealth on Earth, you can't make that kind of money without making one or two compromise. Your obi is a wealthy and intelligent man, if he had won the election, he'd have been wealthier as a president. Go figure!

5 Likes

Re: I Was Offered 100 Million To Step Down Says Teacher Who Defeated Yobe Speaker by Auxtan(m): 1:25pm On Mar 27, 2023
This is what we call integrity. Hopefully you work for your people that showed you so much trust, confidence and love.

5 Likes

Re: I Was Offered 100 Million To Step Down Says Teacher Who Defeated Yobe Speaker by Corridon: 1:25pm On Mar 27, 2023
RenaissanceGuy:
What has being a Yoruba got to do this, even though I know you're lying??
Any evidence that I'm the one operating those monikers?
Re: I Was Offered 100 Million To Step Down Says Teacher Who Defeated Yobe Speaker by SpecialAdviser(m): 1:25pm On Mar 27, 2023
vanitybutiwanti:
No politicians is a saint, obi is a decent man and he understands human nature, there was no better time to preach the gospel of sainthood and sanctity than now

Ok oooo. Some are sainter than the others cool cool cool
Re: I Was Offered 100 Million To Step Down Says Teacher Who Defeated Yobe Speaker by SReporters: 1:28pm On Mar 27, 2023
Corridon:
Oga what is your problem? Are you in a place to tell me how my people behaves? Do you know my culture more than I do? Go and sleep if you are that jobless.

The truth they say is bitter! Your earlier remark was totally wrong and you should accept that!! It's a total, tribalistic comment and you should cease from doing that.... Calling me jobless or throwing tantrums at me won't irk me from telling you the truth.

3 Likes

Re: I Was Offered 100 Million To Step Down Says Teacher Who Defeated Yobe Speaker by RenaissanceGuy: 1:30pm On Mar 27, 2023
Corridon:
Any evidence that I'm the one operating those monikers?
You're the one, young man. I fear for your mental health sha, unless you're being paid for it. People who operate more than one moniker do so in order to switch to another when one is banned, but you use all of your monikers to comment on threads multiple times, sometimes even quoting yourself to prevent people from decoding you're the owner of the two accounts.
Re: I Was Offered 100 Million To Step Down Says Teacher Who Defeated Yobe Speaker by adekolaelect(m): 1:31pm On Mar 27, 2023
Corridon:
Like Igbo who dey sell their papa for money. Baby factory !! , Drugs, 419 and selling of fake product na them.

1 Like

Re: I Was Offered 100 Million To Step Down Says Teacher Who Defeated Yobe Speaker by Corridon: 1:33pm On Mar 27, 2023
RenaissanceGuy:
You're the one, young man. I fear for your mental health sha, unless you're being paid for it. People who operate more than one moniker do so in order to switch to another when one is banned, but you use all of your monikers to comment on threads multiple times, sometimes even quoting yourself to prevent people from decoding you're the owner of the two accounts.
Evidence pls. I deal with facts only.
Re: I Was Offered 100 Million To Step Down Says Teacher Who Defeated Yobe Speaker by Corridon: 1:35pm On Mar 27, 2023
adekolaelect:
Like Igbo who dey sell their papa for money. Baby factory !! , Drugs, 419 and selling of fake product na them.
I don't banter with a tribal bigot.

2 Likes

Re: I Was Offered 100 Million To Step Down Says Teacher Who Defeated Yobe Speaker by phorget(m): 1:56pm On Mar 27, 2023
Corridon:

You sabi dem wella, nah Judas Iscariot lineage dem be... undecided
Re: I Was Offered 100 Million To Step Down Says Teacher Who Defeated Yobe Speaker by slivertongue: 2:05pm On Mar 27, 2023
APC thrives on bribe
Re: I Was Offered 100 Million To Step Down Says Teacher Who Defeated Yobe Speaker by wahalawahala: 2:07pm On Mar 27, 2023
phorget:

You sabi dem wella, nah Judas Iscariot lineage dem be... undecided
una go wail fr 8years

Re: I Was Offered 100 Million To Step Down Says Teacher Who Defeated Yobe Speaker by jaytimeo: 2:15pm On Mar 27, 2023
You still don’t understand or get the point behind obedient movement ,there’s been so much wickedness glaringly portrayed for the people to see how do you explain life pension to a sane mind, how do you explain touts taking over government as non state actors ,how do you explain some decisions by the judiciary to a sane mind ,how do you explain the killings and kidnapping with all these and many more how do you expect votes from the masses,the worst thing to do is to think the people are fools because you control the police army and finance.

Obi is not a saint but a lesser evil and it’s what Nigerians figured out by themselves.

vanitybutiwanti:
No politicians is a saint, obi is a decent man and he understands human nature, there was no better time to preach the gospel of sainthood and sanctity than now, he took advantage of the masses to propagate his presidential ambition. Obi can't beat his chest to affirm that he never made a dime from politics, the politicians know these things, the masses are the fodder, when you're in dire straits or incapacitated due to a debilitating illness , you latch on to anyone that claims to have a solution to your problem, same formats the pastors use to fleece their members, till the end of time, even in advanced climes, politicians and pastors will continue to make money because there is always a problem to deal with.

Same obi was an adviser in GEJ government, do you know the number of persons that carted away with public funds when GEJ held sway? Obi ran with Atiku in 2019, are you aware that public funds was used to run that election? All PDP states at that time contributed cash to run their campaigns, if he was a saint, as he claims to be, why didn't he object on grounds of principle? No politician is a saint. Life is just funny, the poor and the masses are the disadvantaged.

I have a question for you and please be honest, if you have $1b or $500m, will you go into politics? And I hope you know what it takes to gather that kind of wealth on Earth, you can't make that kind of money without making one or two compromise. Your obi is a wealthy and intelligent man, if he had won the election, he'd have been wealthier as a president. Go figure!
Re: I Was Offered 100 Million To Step Down Says Teacher Who Defeated Yobe Speaker by PussyMiners: 2:41pm On Mar 27, 2023
Corridon:
An osu Ellu pig would have greedily collected the money and still asked if he could help influence his fellow pigs to step down .
A very pathetic and greedy tribe!
I'd rather be a maggot than a yebhoe
Re: I Was Offered 100 Million To Step Down Says Teacher Who Defeated Yobe Speaker by lazynairalander1: 3:03pm On Mar 27, 2023
Walahi this news dey totori me, this is the type of Nigeria I want, where an almost nobody can become somebody.
Congratulations honourable and pls don't disappoint those who gave you the mandate.

May Allah be your light and guide.

1 Like

Re: I Was Offered 100 Million To Step Down Says Teacher Who Defeated Yobe Speaker by lazynairalander1: 3:06pm On Mar 27, 2023
Corridon:

Seun here is a better place to start working your words of apology. Rid this platform of tribalistic fellows.
Re: I Was Offered 100 Million To Step Down Says Teacher Who Defeated Yobe Speaker by Kooldon(f): 3:48pm On Mar 27, 2023
This is how political candidates should be nominated and elected. Not these ones that candidates are imposing on us.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Cross Rivers Legislators Fight On Arik Airline / Ijeoma Nwogwugwu(Thisday) Vs Yemi Kolapo(Punch) / Jilted Nigerian Female Banker Commits Suicide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.