Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,977 members, 7,817,876 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:53 PM

Shehu Sani Goes Into Hiding After Babakura Fugu's Death - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Shehu Sani Goes Into Hiding After Babakura Fugu's Death (7293 Views)

Kaduna Carnival "Shameful, Irresponsible": Shehu Sani Slams El Rufai / Biafra: Hausa In Onitsha Go Into Hiding- The Punch / Here Is A List Of Those Who Will Go Into Hiding After Buhari's Victory (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Shehu Sani Goes Into Hiding After Babakura Fugu's Death by Beaf: 8:34am On Sep 19, 2011
[size=14pt]Boko Haram: Shehu Sani Goes Into Hiding[/size]
Mon, 19/09/2011 - 2:30am | IYOBOSA UWUGIAREN

,  Obasanjo says Babakura did not deserve death - Civil rights crusader and pro-democracy activist Malam Shehu Sani, who facilitated last Thursday’s visit by former president Olusegun Obasanjo to the family of slain Boko Haram leader Muhammad Yusuf, has gone into hiding.

From his hideout, he has described the killing of Babakura Alhaji Fugu (eldest in-law and head of Yusuf’s family) as a setback in the attempt to restore lasting peace to the northern part of the country. The Boko Haram crisis is deeper than what people initially imagined, he warned.

In an exclusive interview last night, Sani told LEADERSHIP that a political dimension to the crisis could not be ruled out. “Take, for example, a threat message was sent to me by alleged members of Boko Haram, but they have denied it. I think the next phase of the dialogue should take cognizance of the fact that the problem is deeper than what we initially thought,” said the rights activist.
Babakura was killed by unknown gunmen at about 1.30pm on Saturday, just 24 hours after Obasanjo paid a visit to Maiduguri, the Borno State capital, in an attempt to mediate in the Boko Haram crisis.

“The unfortunate incident is a serious setback. Hardly can people be encouraged now to continue to find a lasting solution to the crisis. But the process must continue,” said Sani, who added that he felt very sad and that what he did was an attempt at ending the bloodletting and for peace to reign in the country. “Innocent souls have been lost in the last few months; we thought the contact would lead to reconciliation of the aggrieved parties in the crisis but the unfortunate incident is a serious setback.”

He advised those who love the peace and unity of the country not to be discouraged by what happened and continue the process of dialogue towards ensuring justice and peace in the country.

LEADERSHIP gathered that the rights activist had gone underground as a result of threats to his life.

Meanwhile, former president Obasanjo has stated, in a condolence message to the family of the deceased, that Babakura did not deserve to be killed as he was genuinely working for justice and peace. He said, “Babakura was genuinely working for peace. He should not be hated for that, let alone being killed. My condolence goes to the family.”

The Conference of Nigeria Political Parties (CNPP) has called on President Goodluck Jonathan to, as a matter of urgent national importance, institute a public enquiry to unravel the mystery surrounding the death of Babakura.

The group, in a statement by its national publicity secretary Osita Okechukwu, condemned the killing of Babakura. It said it was making the call for the public enquiry on the ground that “Boko Haram had denied the killing; their antecedents indicate they don’t take prisoners. Babakura was about to grant an interview to an international media before his death. The issue of money is doubtful as Obasanjo is not a bazaar man,” and since it was under the reign of Chief Obasanjo and Senator Ali Sheriff that the Frankenstein called Boko Haram mutated, “patriots may furnish the panel with necessary evidence to stop the Boko Haram insurgency.”

http://leadership.ng/nga/articles/5364/2011/09/19/boko_haram_shehu_sani_goes_hiding.html
Re: Shehu Sani Goes Into Hiding After Babakura Fugu's Death by Beaf: 8:46am On Sep 19, 2011
Sani told LEADERSHIP that a political dimension to the crisis could not be ruled out.

I really don't understand why Shehu Sani is pretending not to know what the rest of us were convinced of from the very first bombs on Independence Day.
It is understandable that he is being cautious because of the threats to his life.
Re: Shehu Sani Goes Into Hiding After Babakura Fugu's Death by Greenslim: 9:53am On Sep 19, 2011
It is more of political than religion.
Re: Shehu Sani Goes Into Hiding After Babakura Fugu's Death by okunboy: 10:28am On Sep 19, 2011
The killer of fugu will not be far from d fugu's neighbourhood. With d heavy security presence dat dotted almost every corner of the city, am suprised how someone cld get away with such crime.As sani shehu has said, the boko haram issue is more complex dan we all know. The killing of this fellow has open a window into t
he activities of this group.Now some of us talking abt th

e some northern leaders not coming out to mediate in this problem can now see the reason. Shehu sani is hiding, the fugu's contact is killed, who will come out again now?
Re: Shehu Sani Goes Into Hiding After Babakura Fugu's Death by nagoma(m): 10:33am On Sep 19, 2011
Those who know should tell the president.
Re: Shehu Sani Goes Into Hiding After Babakura Fugu's Death by juman(m): 11:59am On Sep 19, 2011
He advised those who love the peace and unity of the country not to be discouraged by what happened and continue the process of dialogue towards ensuring justice and peace in the country.

For God shake no one like unity of this sinking ship (Nigeria).
Re: Shehu Sani Goes Into Hiding After Babakura Fugu's Death by Beaf1: 12:27pm On Sep 19, 2011
SSS killed this guy and send SMS to BBC just to create 'division' among this sect - a weak tactic on the part of GEJ and his advisers. Hasn't the real sect denied that already? I am waiting for OBJ to tell us he has also received a death threat since he was the real 'negotiator' of the peace talks. Or is he mightier than them?
Re: Shehu Sani Goes Into Hiding After Babakura Fugu's Death by dustydee: 12:34pm On Sep 19, 2011
nagoma:

Those who know should tell the president.
God bless you, since the president doesn't know cos if he knew he would have done something about it
Re: Shehu Sani Goes Into Hiding After Babakura Fugu's Death by Beaf1: 1:11pm On Sep 19, 2011
I repeat

It is either:

1. SSS killed this guy and send SMS to BBC just to create 'division' among this sect - a weak tactic on the part of GEJ and his advisers. Hasn't the real sect denied that already? I am waiting for OBJ to tell us he has also received a death threat since he was the real 'negotiator' of the peace talks. Or is he mightier than them?

2. We all know that this is more of a politics than the original boko haram. This guys have made it CLEAR during election campaigns that GEJ should respect zoning or be ready to face them pure and simple. From the look of things they have or are in the process of fulfilling that promise. GEJ is not man enough to face these people, we all have to accept that.

Lastly, until i see any of the schools or universities goes off in flames, will i believe that the 2009 boko haram is PART of of what is happening today
Re: Shehu Sani Goes Into Hiding After Babakura Fugu's Death by Olaone1: 1:18pm On Sep 19, 2011
Beaf!:

I repeat

From the look of things they have or are in the process of fulfilling that promise. GEJ is not man enough to face these people, we all have to accept that.

Beaf actually said this?

Paradigm shift?
Re: Shehu Sani Goes Into Hiding After Babakura Fugu's Death by omanzo02: 1:25pm On Sep 19, 2011
Ola one:

Beaf actually said this?

Paradigm shift?

Man, check the ID again, that is the impersonator Beaf! and not the real Beaf. grin grin grin grin
Re: Shehu Sani Goes Into Hiding After Babakura Fugu's Death by Olaone1: 1:30pm On Sep 19, 2011
omanzo02:

Man, check the ID again, that is the impersonator Beaf! and not the real Beaf. grin grin grin grin

Hahahaha

No wonder.
Re: Shehu Sani Goes Into Hiding After Babakura Fugu's Death by Beaf: 2:23pm On Sep 19, 2011
Ola one:

Beaf actually said this?

Paradigm shift?

Dude, there's just one Beaf.
. . .Yeah. one truth speaking, eye popping, devil freaking, logic breathing Beaf. I frighten the pants of liars, break their tiny legs and crumble their puny minds with blazing intellectual weaponry extraordinaire. cool

Lol! The counterfeit called Beaf! is a freaked out "fan" that never knew what hit him. grin
I'm a one man assault squad, here to straighten and reconfigure errant minds. Enemies BEWARE!

Re: Shehu Sani Goes Into Hiding After Babakura Fugu's Death by adamabdul: 3:12pm On Sep 19, 2011
This guy was killed by political thugs popularly call ECOMOG.They were orderd to kill him by their chief commander Ali Modu Sheriff coz he was afraid he is going to indict him
Re: Shehu Sani Goes Into Hiding After Babakura Fugu's Death by Beaf: 4:00pm On Sep 19, 2011
adamabdul:

This guy was killed by political thugs popularly call ECOMOG.They were orderd to kill him by their chief commander Ali Modu Sheriff coz he was afraid he is going to indict him

Yes, Ali Modu Sheriff was called in by SSS earlier this year concerning boko haram. That man must be locked up soonest, I blame the SSS for letting him out again.
Re: Shehu Sani Goes Into Hiding After Babakura Fugu's Death by okadaman2: 5:39pm On Sep 19, 2011
Listen to the audio of Sowore's pre-interview with Babakura Fugu before he was shot

Listen here; https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-763401.0.html#msg9178247

Click on the Saharareporters link to listen.
Re: Shehu Sani Goes Into Hiding After Babakura Fugu's Death by Fokativ: 5:53pm On Sep 19, 2011
sad sad sad sad sad
Re: Shehu Sani Goes Into Hiding After Babakura Fugu's Death by marcus1234: 5:58pm On Sep 19, 2011
Re: Shehu Sani Goes Into Hiding After Babakura Fugu's Death by JOEWAYNE(m): 6:19pm On Sep 19, 2011
i think we had better watch it.cos we've got boko harams sets in this house.
Re: Shehu Sani Goes Into Hiding After Babakura Fugu's Death by lagcity(m): 10:09pm On Sep 19, 2011
Sani na smart guy, he shouldn't come out anytime soon if he loves his life.
Re: Shehu Sani Goes Into Hiding After Babakura Fugu's Death by lagcity(m): 10:11pm On Sep 19, 2011
Beaf:

. . .Yeah. one truth speaking, eye popping, devil freaking, logic breathing Beaf. I frighten the pants of liars, break their tiny legs and crumble their puny minds with blazing intellectual weaponry extraordinaire. cool

Lol! The counterfeit called Beaf! is a freaked out "fan" that never knew what hit him. grin
I'm a one man assault squad, here to straighten and reconfigure errant minds. Enemies BEWARE!

kai, beaf. u be rapper? cheesy
Re: Shehu Sani Goes Into Hiding After Babakura Fugu's Death by Omooba77: 10:20pm On Sep 19, 2011
Sahara Reporters tto has a hand in his death. They were interviewing him,before the phone went dead, according to SR. BH thought that the man wanted to expose them to the world. SR made lots of noise about the interview with this man. I dont blame Sani, because people behind BH are highly placed. God will expose them too.
Re: Shehu Sani Goes Into Hiding After Babakura Fugu's Death by dayokanu(m): 10:27pm On Sep 19, 2011
The blood is on Odechukwu Retardeens head and his Godfather OBJ
Re: Shehu Sani Goes Into Hiding After Babakura Fugu's Death by Beaf1: 10:32pm On Sep 19, 2011
Beaf:

Freaked out fan of whom? GEJ?
Your master is a drunken fisherman. The only action he knows is how to fcku his wfe.
Re: Shehu Sani Goes Into Hiding After Babakura Fugu's Death by PointB: 10:32pm On Sep 19, 2011
dayokanu:

The blood is on Odechukwu Retardeens head and his Godfather OBJ

Funny thing is that, Obj actually looks like the Retardeens  Odesanjo with his action; while Gej keeps his hands clean, as usual.
I dey laff ooo.  grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Shehu Sani Goes Into Hiding After Babakura Fugu's Death by brixton: 11:02pm On Sep 19, 2011
Beaf:

beaf beaf ma guy, i c your skillz, u got game!

Beaf!:

Your master is a drunken fisherman. The only action he knows is how to fcku his wfe.

so daft!eva heard d word muphocka?? just wat u re!!!
Re: Shehu Sani Goes Into Hiding After Babakura Fugu's Death by JaaizTech: 11:05pm On Sep 19, 2011
Beaf!:

I repeat

It is either:

1. SSS killed this guy and send SMS to BBC just to create 'division' among this sect - a weak tactic on the part of GEJ and his advisers. Hasn't the real sect denied that already? I am waiting for OBJ to tell us he has also received a death threat since he was the real 'negotiator' of the peace talks. Or is he mightier than them?

2. We all know that this is more of a politics than the original boko haram. This guys have made it CLEAR during election campaigns that GEJ should respect zoning or be ready to face them pure and simple. From the look of things they have or are in the process of fulfilling that promise. GEJ is not man enough to face these people, we all have to accept that.

Lastly, until i see any of the schools or universities goes off in flames, will i believe that the 2009 boko haram is PART of of what is happening today

I think we should start to ask the question? Who profits from all these bombing I am yet to see how the northern politicians benefit?
Re: Shehu Sani Goes Into Hiding After Babakura Fugu's Death by dayokanu(m): 11:32pm On Sep 19, 2011
PointB:

Funny thing is that, Obj actually looks like the Retardeens Odesanjo with his action; while Gej keeps his hands clean, as usual.
I dey laff ooo. grin grin grin grin grin

Your boss Beaf has commended the foolish act of OBJ calling him a man with swags. OBJ must have the approval of GEJ before going on such trip. Else he would be locked in jail for talking to terrorist and undermining the govt.

But since Retardeen is too stuuupiiid, Anything could happen
Re: Shehu Sani Goes Into Hiding After Babakura Fugu's Death by Beaf: 1:07am On Sep 20, 2011
dayokanu:

Your boss Beaf has commended the foolish act of OBJ calling him a man with swags. OBJ must have the approval of GEJ before going on such trip. Else he would be locked in jail for talking to terrorist and undermining the govt.

But since Retardeen is too stuuupiiid, Anything could happen

When people notice that all you do is go personal 100% of the time, they will begin to wonder about your capacity. Please keep to the topic, thank you.
Re: Shehu Sani Goes Into Hiding After Babakura Fugu's Death by Beaf: 1:14am On Sep 20, 2011
Beaf!:

Swag is like diamonds, it can't be counterfeited, you can't be me. Its like a monkey wanting to be Obama.

Dude, there's just one Beaf, verbal bulldozer, cranium wrecker, analytically robust. . .
My fancy footwork has left you so verbally scrambled and intellectually humbled that you are left with a cerebral stagger and a left legged mental limp. . . And a miserable wish to be me.
Yeah dude, crawl after me, you horrid lil creature from the bush without a life; you wanna be me, but its cos I'm better than you. I bounce you like a ball and lay your woman. Lol!

Stand still fool, while I turn your face to mush. cool

Re: Shehu Sani Goes Into Hiding After Babakura Fugu's Death by Nobody: 1:17am On Sep 20, 2011

shocked
Re: Shehu Sani Goes Into Hiding After Babakura Fugu's Death by koruji(m): 1:40am On Sep 20, 2011
Are you drunk or just working with a repressive mind?

How is an interview taking place by phone from America supposed to lead to an AK47 totting fellow walking in on the guy to do him in? The mistake SR made was they were trying to set things up too perfectly and missed a potential scoop of a lifetime.

Still, their reporting and quick move to get to the man provides insight into what was going on with the man before his death.

Omooba77:

Sahara Reporters tto has a hand in his death. They were interviewing him,before the phone went dead, according to SR. BH thought that the man wanted to expose them to the world. SR made lots of noise about the interview with this man. I dont blame Sani, because people behind BH are highly placed. God will expose them too.

(1) (2) (Reply)

2 Hours Shut Down Of Airport For Patience Jonathan Caused The Crash - Breaking / Money Is Not Our Problem, But How To Spend It - Gowon / Lagos Police Attempts To Cover Up Shooting Of Banker & Security Guard

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.