Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,910 members, 7,835,047 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:19 AM

Atheist Turn Theist - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheist Turn Theist (493 Views)

Welcome To NL Where You Get To See 80% Of Theist And Philosophers In Nigeria?lol / 10 Fallacies Theist and deist Use To Defend The Existence Of God/gods / AI (alien Intelligence) And The Question Of God - How Atheist & Theist Are Right (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Atheist Turn Theist by StonesA: 9:07am On Mar 28, 2023
science ia amazing but there are not obsolute truth in science. i was the type that was so obsesse with science to extend that i become a full time atheist. in my mind i was thinking i know it all. but last year i was struck with a mysterious disease that know doctor could understand it, i was depressed and full of sorrow. it even reach a point that i nearly commited suicide. But i thank God that my sanity was strong and i realise that this disease is not physical at all. i began spiritual cleansing, two months after this disease disappears like a majic and i felt a great joy inside me. Right now i am focusing on spiritual growth, my life is transforming. So please if your the type here that believes that everything is physical pls beware
Re: Atheist Turn Theist by Bintabisiriyu2: 10:33am On Mar 28, 2023
Ok so who cure you of your ailments was it Scissors sorry jesus or Allahu abubakar

3 Likes

Re: Atheist Turn Theist by StonesA: 10:41am On Mar 28, 2023
non. don't misunderstand me. i am neither a christian nor muslim but the truth is there something extra ordinary out there
Bintabisiriyu2:
Ok so who cure you of your ailments was it Scissors sorry jesus or Allahu abubakar
Re: Atheist Turn Theist by StonesA: 10:45am On Mar 28, 2023
Bintabisiriyu2:
i use to be like you, mocking religious people but now i am awaken. even science now begin to question our physical reality through quantum physics
Re: Atheist Turn Theist by Bintabisiriyu2: 10:48am On Mar 28, 2023
StonesA:
i use to be like you, mocking religious people but now i am awaken. even science now begin to question our physical reality through quantum physics

you neva answer my question na
Re: Atheist Turn Theist by LordReed(m): 11:31am On Mar 28, 2023
StonesA:
science ia amazing but there are not obsolute truth in science. i was the type that was so obsesse with science to extend that i become a full time atheist. in my mind i was thinking i know it all. but last year i was struck with a mysterious disease that know doctor could understand it, i was depressed and full of sorrow. it even reach a point that i nearly commited suicide. But i thank God that my sanity was strong and i realise that this disease is not physical at all. i began spiritual cleansing, two months after this disease disappears like a majic and i felt a great joy inside me. Right now i am focusing on spiritual growth, my life is transforming. So please if your the type here that believes that everything is physical pls beware

So your evidence is you had an illness then you were cured because you believed in a god? So if you find someone who gets cured without believing in a a god what would that mean to you?

5 Likes

Re: Atheist Turn Theist by StonesA: 11:53am On Mar 28, 2023
my higher self healed me(sub conscience mind)
Bintabisiriyu2:

you neva answer my question na
Re: Atheist Turn Theist by StonesA: 11:56am On Mar 28, 2023
LordReed:

So your evidence is you had an illness then you were cured because you believed in a god? So if you find someone who gets cured without believing in a a god what would that mean to you?
it is not only me, right now as i am typing this thousands of people are suffering from this ilness, some has spent millions but no cure. it is a disease which is not physical nor mental
Re: Atheist Turn Theist by LordReed(m): 12:10pm On Mar 28, 2023
StonesA:
it is not only me, right now as i am typing this thousands of people are suffering from this ilness, some has spent millions but no cure. it is a disease which is not physical nor mental

What is the name of the illness?

So some how only you has been healed of this disease because you believe in something all the others do not believe in?

2 Likes

Re: Atheist Turn Theist by KnownUnknown: 12:40pm On Mar 28, 2023
Lol. All hail the Almighty Leprechaun that healed the OP with his lucky charms!!!

3 Likes

Re: Atheist Turn Theist by StonesA: 12:41pm On Mar 28, 2023
LordReed:

What is the name of the illness?

So some how only you has been healed of this disease because you believe in something all the others do not believe in?
i am not the only one that got healed there are also few others like me and the process is always the same i.e foucusing on higher frequency. The name of the ilness is People Allergic To Me(PATM). uptil this day there is no any proven scientific solution to this disease
Re: Atheist Turn Theist by StonesA: 12:46pm On Mar 28, 2023
KnownUnknown:
Lol. All hail the Almighty Leprechaun that healed the OP with his lucky charms!!!
is not a joking matter bro. before i was like you believing that everything is science but life prove me wrong. right now i am not religious but i am spiritual. there is more to this world that no any science or religion can explain
Re: Atheist Turn Theist by StonesA: 12:50pm On Mar 28, 2023
KnownUnknown:
and for your information i did not use any charm or object. i only change the way of my thinking.
Re: Atheist Turn Theist by KnownUnknown: 12:53pm On Mar 28, 2023
StonesA:
is not a joking matter bro. before i was like you believing that everything is science but life prove me wrong. right now i am not religious but i am spiritual. there is more to this world that no any science or religion can explain

You are nothing like me and you are not capable. I am not an “atheist” because I know the concept of god is nonsense and it’s not a “belief”. i don’t need to act reverently towards a concept that is utter rubbish . No arguments to be had about that. The god you speak about is as nonsensical as my Almighty Leprechaun but you view my Leprecahun as nonsense while your god isn’t?
Your god is a joking matter bro.

“Everything is science” is not even a meaningful statement. “Spiritual” is another that doesn’t mean anything outside of superstition.

“There is more to this world that any science or religion” is a vague statement that needs clarification to make sense.
The scientific method is still the best way to acquire knowledge about the world. Religious ideas on the other hand do not explain anything.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atheist Turn Theist by KnownUnknown: 1:00pm On Mar 28, 2023
StonesA:
and for your information i did not use any charm or object. i only change the way of my thinking.

Changed your way of thinking to a childlike manner. Lucky charms would have been better.

1 Like

Re: Atheist Turn Theist by LordReed(m): 1:01pm On Mar 28, 2023
StonesA:
i am not the only one that got healed there are also few others like me and the process is always the same i.e foucusing on higher frequency. The name of the ilness is People Allergic To Me(PATM). uptil this day there is no any proven scientific solution to this disease

Higher frequency of what?
Re: Atheist Turn Theist by Maynman: 1:02pm On Mar 28, 2023
StonesA:
non. don't misunderstand me. i am neither a christian nor muslim but the truth is there something extra ordinary out there

And the something extra is called “god”?

1 Like

Re: Atheist Turn Theist by triplechoice(m): 1:08pm On Mar 28, 2023
StonesA:

I'm afraid your Op is not detailed enough for people to get your message. As you already can see, some persons are already misrepresenting you

You make it seem a god helaed you from whatever was plaguing you at some point in the past, whereas from what I can deduce, from your story, you only used an alternative means to get cured and now describing it as spiritual.

IEven though I'm not an atheist myself, I know there's nothing in atheism which says atheist shouldn't seek for alternative cure when medical science fails.

Some atheist are known to meditate to manage depression or other health issues, and we know that is not something your regular doctor would recommend.
Re: Atheist Turn Theist by LordReed(m): 1:11pm On Mar 28, 2023
triplechoice:

I'm afraid your Op is not detailed enough for people to get your message. As you already can see, some persons are already misrepresenting you

You make it seem a god helaed you from whatever was plaguing you at some point in the past, whereas from what I can deduce, from your story, you only used an alternative means to get cured and now describing it as spiritual.

IEven though I'm not an atheist myself, I know there's nothing in atheism which says atheist shouldn't seek for alternative cure when medical science fails.

Some atheist are known to meditate to manage depression or other health issues, and we know that is not something your regular doctor would recommend.

Well he says he is now a theist so how is it misrepresentation to say he believed in a god to get healing?

3 Likes

Re: Atheist Turn Theist by triplechoice(m): 1:32pm On Mar 28, 2023
LordReed:

Well he says he is now a theist so how is it misrepresentation to say he believed in a god to get healing?

I know. I think he has used the wrong descriptive term. I'm yet to see how a god or God should come in now based on what he has narrated about his personal experience.

He has even refused to acknowledge any god, but only mentioned spirituality and higher frequency

Those ones don't mean god .
Re: Atheist Turn Theist by KnownUnknown: 2:31pm On Mar 28, 2023
LordReed:

Higher frequency of what?

Microwaves of course. Just stand in front of a microwave machine and do the Macarena.
Re: Atheist Turn Theist by Tboy222: 2:32pm On Mar 28, 2023
StonesA:

The healing is an attestment that you have to turn to Christ Jesus he is the only one that can save you, he loves you and have his life for you he his willling for you to know him better by going down on your knees and confessing your sins.

You have to ask Jesus to forgive all your sins because that is the best and only spiritual growth you can ever encounter.

The book of Romans 5:8 says " all have sinned and come short of the glory of God". We are all sinners by nature no matter how good we pretend to be.

Jesus loves us with an undying love that he gave his body for us.

Isaiah 55:7 says " come and let us reason together,though your sins be as scarlet they shall be as white as snow and as red as crimson they shall be as wool."

So my brother self righteousness is not enough without surrendering to Christ Jesus ask him to be your personal Lord and Saviour and ask him to give you the grace to overcome sin. The Lord Almighty bless you I will be praying for you.amen.
Re: Atheist Turn Theist by StonesA: 2:48pm On Mar 28, 2023
triplechoice:

I know. I think he has used the wrong descriptive term. I'm yet to see how a god or God should come in now based on what he has narrated about his personal experience.

He has even refused to acknowledge any god, but only mentioned spirituality and higher frequency

Those ones don't mean god .
you gat my point. Thanks for your understanding. i am not talking about religious god at all. i am talking about our higherself which is our sub conscience mind.
Re: Atheist Turn Theist by Dtruthspeaker: 2:54pm On Mar 28, 2023
Tboy222:
[i]

The healing is an attestment that you have to turn to Christ Jesus he is the only one that can save you, he loves you and have his life for you he his willling for you to know him better by going down on your knees and confessing your sins...

See you were too hasty. I told you atheists can almost never change.
Re: Atheist Turn Theist by Dtruthspeaker: 2:56pm On Mar 28, 2023
See how the evils are panicking!
Re: Atheist Turn Theist by StonesA: 2:56pm On Mar 28, 2023
KnownUnknown:

You are nothing like me and you are not capable. I am not an “atheist” because I know the concept of god is nonsense and it’s not a “belief”. i don’t need to act reverently towards a concept that is utter rubbish . No arguments to be had about that. The god you speak about is as nonsensical as my Almighty Leprechaun but you view my Leprecahun as nonsense while your god isn’t?
Your god is a joking matter bro. If trully

“Everything is science” is not even a meaningful statement. “Spiritual” is another that doesn’t mean anything outside of superstition.

“There is more to this world that any science or religion” is a vague statement that needs clarification to make sense.
The scientific method is still the best way to acquire knowledge about the world. Religious ideas on the other hand do not explain anything.
if trully you agreed that the scientific method is the best, i will like you to go read quantum physics so you can understand very well what i am trying to point out
Re: Atheist Turn Theist by Tboy222: 3:03pm On Mar 28, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

See you were too hasty. I told you atheists can almost never change.

By the grace and power in the blood of Jesus they will
Re: Atheist Turn Theist by LordReed(m): 3:25pm On Mar 28, 2023
StonesA:
you gat my point. Thanks for your understanding. i am not talking about religious god at all. i am talking about our higherself which is our sub conscience mind.

So how are you a theist?
Re: Atheist Turn Theist by KnownUnknown: 3:36pm On Mar 28, 2023
StonesA:
if trully you agreed that the scientific method is the best, i will like you to go read quantum physics so you can understand very well what i am trying to point out

What does quantum physics have to do with your claims?

I guess you can’t hide your vague and nonsensical claims in classical physics because it’s relatively easy to understand compared to quantum physics.
What are you going to say next? A person is both a particle and a wave? Lol

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atheist Turn Theist by StonesA: 3:41pm On Mar 28, 2023
KnownUnknown:

I guess you can’t hide your vague and nonsensical claims in classical physics because it’s relatively easy to understand compared to quantum physics.
pls google quantum physics on reality
Re: Atheist Turn Theist by StonesA: 3:45pm On Mar 28, 2023
KnownUnknown:

we are all made up of energy
Re: Atheist Turn Theist by LordReed(m): 4:21pm On Mar 28, 2023
StonesA:
we are all made up of energy

So? Is energy a god?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Are Christians The Only People Going To Heaven? / Evangelist Ebuka Fumes After A Church Member Stole 20million From The Offering B / Miracles Can Be A Sign Of Fake Prophets. The Truth About Tb Joshua And God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.