Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,231 members, 7,829,415 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:27 AM

Don’t Travel To State Of Origin For Census – NPC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Don’t Travel To State Of Origin For Census – NPC (2010 Views)

2023 Census: NPC Seeks Extra N256bn For Training, Others / Return Home For Census, IPOB Urges Igbos / Buhari Approves ₦10 Billion For Census (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Don’t Travel To State Of Origin For Census – NPC by Biodun556(m): 11:53am On Mar 28, 2023
Don’t travel to state of origin for census – NPC
28th March 2023
Nasir Isa Kwarra
NPC Chairman, Nasir Isa Kwarra

By
Solomon Odeniyi
Kindly share this story:

The National Population Commission has said it had put up measures to guard against all forms of malpractices ahead of the forthcoming population and housing census.

The commission also stressed that citizens living away from their states of origin do not need to travel to home for the purpose of the exercise.

It said people would be enumerated at their places of residence.

The spokesperson for the commission, Isiaka Yahaya, said this in an interview with our correspondent on Monday.

He said,”People should stay where they are, to be counted. They are not to move to their states of origin. It is totally against the essence of the census. You have to be counted where you reside because that’s where you enjoy the social facilities like education and health, among others.

Related News
NPC to recruit 885,000 persons for census
Politics, ethnic bias won’t affect census – NPC
2023 census not tribal, politically motivated - NPC
“Apart from this, when the time comes for people to be provided with infrastructure and other things you will not allow the planners to have accurate figures. People are not to move.”

On measures to check malpractices, the NPC spokesman added: “This is a de facto census. We are asking practical questions about those who are living, not those who are yet to be born. We have not trained our enumerator to count people who are not yet born. We have a system in place to guard against all the malpractices that we have envisaged.

https://punchng.com/dont-travel-to-state-of-origin-for-census-npc/?utm_term=Autofeed&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1679962305
Re: Don’t Travel To State Of Origin For Census – NPC by Biodun556(m): 11:53am On Mar 28, 2023
cool
Re: Don’t Travel To State Of Origin For Census – NPC by ekineme: 12:03pm On Mar 28, 2023
"EYE NECK" said more than this But laslas Where are we now?

18 Likes

Re: Don’t Travel To State Of Origin For Census – NPC by SmartPolician: 12:05pm On Mar 28, 2023
The day we decide to stop living in a hypocritical country, the first step we will take is to replace that official document we call state of origin with place of birth.

State of origin has no place in a country that genuinely wants to move forward; Nigeria is a scam.

14 Likes

Re: Don’t Travel To State Of Origin For Census – NPC by Racoon(m): 12:08pm On Mar 28, 2023
Still affirming that your primary place of abode is your area of stay. Why would the demographic matters and be important to them during census( which will still be corrupted anyway) but should have no say during elections? They wants to enjoy the economic benefits but do draws a line with the indiginization.
Re: Don’t Travel To State Of Origin For Census – NPC by Oxb90: 12:09pm On Mar 28, 2023
Wetin concern you. I don taya for una promises.
Re: Don’t Travel To State Of Origin For Census – NPC by ImmaculateJOE(m): 12:10pm On Mar 28, 2023
I have made up my mind, if I am unable to travel back home for the census, I will not allow my self to be counted..

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Don’t Travel To State Of Origin For Census – NPC by Blackdeewhy(m): 12:14pm On Mar 28, 2023
Let eye neck chairman manhood give them figure as usual. After all, the numbers are always doctored just like the just concluded presidential election.

7 Likes

Re: Don’t Travel To State Of Origin For Census – NPC by PointB: 12:16pm On Mar 28, 2023
Those denied voting in Lagos, know what to do in Lagos. MC Olumo should present his family for counting in their stead. We are not going to interfere in Lagos matter this time around.

I have said my own.

30 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Don’t Travel To State Of Origin For Census – NPC by Phoen1X: 12:19pm On Mar 28, 2023
According to mc oluomo,mama chinedu should stay indoor and not be counted,...its strictly a "landlord's" affair.

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Don’t Travel To State Of Origin For Census – NPC by Pickmycall: 12:23pm On Mar 28, 2023
This is another avenue to steal.Instead of investing the money into something productive,they want to connive and loot it.
Count me out of your Yeye census.

2 Likes

Re: Don’t Travel To State Of Origin For Census – NPC by Phoen1X: 12:25pm On Mar 28, 2023
ImmaculateJOE:
I have made up my mind, if I am unable to travel back home for the census, I will not allow my self to be counted..
It another way for igbos in lagos to protest ,..#lagosforlandlordonly.

7 Likes

Re: Don’t Travel To State Of Origin For Census – NPC by Pickmycall: 12:25pm On Mar 28, 2023
PointB:
Those denied voting in Lagos, know what to do in Lagos. MC Olumo should present his family for counting in their stead. We are not going to interfere in Lagos matter this time around.

I have said my own.
His children are enjoying better life in America.While,he is destroying Nigeria.When he finishes,he will abscond and seek for refuge in America.

3 Likes

Re: Don’t Travel To State Of Origin For Census – NPC by Bashet: 12:26pm On Mar 28, 2023
What's even the essence of the census?

Invest the money in something productive!
Re: Don’t Travel To State Of Origin For Census – NPC by KanwuliaExtra: 12:27pm On Mar 28, 2023
So, where should non-yorubas living in lagos as indigenes go to be counted? cheesy
All the Fulani herdsmen and their cows should go where to be counted?

1 Like

Re: Don’t Travel To State Of Origin For Census – NPC by Felimax(m): 12:31pm On Mar 28, 2023
Jokers!
Re: Don’t Travel To State Of Origin For Census – NPC by malcom1X: 12:39pm On Mar 28, 2023
Anyone who doesn't travel back is stupid.

Don't let yourself be counted. In another man's land

Just find a way and travel back home and get counted.

6 Likes

Re: Don’t Travel To State Of Origin For Census – NPC by Nobody: 12:46pm On Mar 28, 2023
But during election some people will be beaten up ??

Non indigena should go back to their respective states simple!!!

8 Likes

Re: Don’t Travel To State Of Origin For Census – NPC by renderme: 12:48pm On Mar 28, 2023
Mistake. Census determines resource allocation for economic planning.

If your town is sparsely populated, they won't spend money there.

4 Likes

Re: Don’t Travel To State Of Origin For Census – NPC by dominic17: 1:12pm On Mar 28, 2023
I am going back to my hometown to be counted there.Lagos belongs to Yorubas alone I will not mingle in their matter.

4 Likes

Re: Don’t Travel To State Of Origin For Census – NPC by obi4eze(m): 1:12pm On Mar 28, 2023
Rubbish
Re: Don’t Travel To State Of Origin For Census – NPC by Godsfrezx: 1:27pm On Mar 28, 2023
APC will still rig census

5 Likes

Re: Don’t Travel To State Of Origin For Census – NPC by spy24(m): 1:37pm On Mar 28, 2023
INEC talk pass this one but in the end we know how it played out..

Make ona rest

3 Likes

Re: Don’t Travel To State Of Origin For Census – NPC by kettykin: 1:39pm On Mar 28, 2023
Even the parents of Jesus traveled back to their village for census

3 Likes

Re: Don’t Travel To State Of Origin For Census – NPC by IgOga(m): 1:39pm On Mar 28, 2023
Without BVAS whether you travel or you nor travel you will still be counted grin grin grin

Na time to share national cake everybody go dey inflate numbers anyhow......Alhaji go say him get 4 wives and you nor fit see them na haram.....4 wives plus 12 news babies .....as in triplets o grin grin grin grin add the grown 9 children ....na so our numbers dey take high grin grin grin
Re: Don’t Travel To State Of Origin For Census – NPC by BombAttack(f): 1:52pm On Mar 28, 2023
Opolopoopolonio:
Piigggidioootts will still travel cheesy

No be today embarassed

dominique, mukina2, Lalasticlala, seun.

Rule 2 broken

1 Like

Re: Don’t Travel To State Of Origin For Census – NPC by Ofunaofu: 1:59pm On Mar 28, 2023
But some people have been warned not to interfere in lagos State, they will have no other option than to go to their State of origin to be counted

2 Likes

Re: Don’t Travel To State Of Origin For Census – NPC by cktheluckyman: 2:02pm On Mar 28, 2023
I will allow only Landlords to be counted in Lagos.Nobody is counting me or any of my family

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Really Is The Offence Of Both Tribes To The Other / PDP Split: Your Views! / United States: Imo Dep Gov Still On Our Wanted List

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.