Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,426 members, 7,812,253 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:46 AM

What Really Is The Offence Of Both Tribes To The Other - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Really Is The Offence Of Both Tribes To The Other (1946 Views)

Ijaws Should Stop Adding South South Tribes To Their Niger Delta Republic. / Yoruba Vs Igbo: Both Tribes Are Blameless / Coalition Minority Tribes To Atiku: Return To Cameroon Within 21 Days, Apologise (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Really Is The Offence Of Both Tribes To The Other by Nobody: 7:03pm On Mar 31, 2023
Note : this is for intelligent discussion and none should try to bring in bigotry here. This is only for information purposes and as such only if you got something in that line to add should you comment. Otherwise just keep scrolling ......make e no turn fight but just discussion

I want to be "informed" about something with regards to this yoruba / Igbo wannabe cold war. It is in the aepect of, what exactly is the offence of one to another.

I'll speak on both with regards my observation.

I've observed this yoruba unprovoked attempts to keep trying to attack Igbo. This thing has been for years not even in this 2023. But again I can't fantom why.

All I see is something of this nature where A only looks out, and sees B as weak or not as violent and then just take it as a duty to attack not because they were provoked but just display of vile. And in this case, like I said, I want to be "informed" on what would have been the issue / offence of the Igbo in that regard.

Initially, I've stated that this has been long before now hence it ain't a matter of this "no man's land" rhethoric and to even make it more surprisen that's what almost all yoruba is saying.
And then if it were long said by Igbo when was it ? Any evidence ?

Since I can't find this that is why it looks even more obvious it's truly and unprovoked stuff - to go against whom is imaginatively seen as weak or so atleast in their thoughts.

To my Igbo people. It's okay for one to defend oneself. It's necessary Incase of issues.

But I'll like diplomacy to rule.

Generally, I believe strongly there should be a great potential if both tribes can look beyond the elite who is benefiting actually from this and see ahead of the possibility of a great thing that wouldn't only shake Africa but the world at large.

So guys, you can talk.

1 Like

Re: What Really Is The Offence Of Both Tribes To The Other by Shapeaso: 7:15pm On Mar 31, 2023
Op, if you ask me then na who i go ask?undecided

4 Likes

Re: What Really Is The Offence Of Both Tribes To The Other by Nobody: 7:20pm On Mar 31, 2023
Shapeaso:
Op, if you ask me then na who i go ask?undecided

Lol...... E reach to ask really.

Cos it's looking so dumb by the day

1 Like

Re: What Really Is The Offence Of Both Tribes To The Other by Nobody: 7:20pm On Mar 31, 2023
Still waiting
Re: What Really Is The Offence Of Both Tribes To The Other by Christistruth03: 7:21pm On Mar 31, 2023
Ipob has infiltrated the Labour Party

and are heating up the Polity

Simon Ekpa cannot be giving orders in Lagos

It is pure Provocation

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Really Is The Offence Of Both Tribes To The Other by Alexis11: 7:40pm On Mar 31, 2023
kiako:
Note : this is for intelligent discussion and none should try to bring in bigotry here. This is only for information purposes and as such only if you got something in that line to add should you comment. Otherwise just keep scrolling ......make e no turn fight but just discussion

I want to be "informed" about something with regards to this yoruba / Igbo wannabe cold war. It is in the aepect of, what exactly is the offence of one to another.

I've observed this yoruba unprovoked attempts to keep trying to attack Igbo. This thing has been for years not even in this 2023. But again I can't fantom why.

All I see is something of this nature where A only looks out, and sees B as weak or not as violent and then just take it as a duty to attack not because they were provoked but just display of vile. And in this case, like I said, I want to be "informed" on what would have been the issue / offence of the Igbo in that regard.

Initially, I've stated that this has been long before now hence it ain't a matter of this "no man's land" rhethoric and to even make it more surprisen that's what almost all yoruba is saying.

Since I can't find this that is why it looks even more obvious it's truly and unprovoked stuff - to go against whom is imaginatively seen as weak or so atleast in their thoughts.

To my Igbo people. It's okay for one to defend oneself. It's necessary Incase of issues.

Generally, I believe strongly there should be a great potential if both tribes can look beyond the elite who is benefiting actually from this and see ahead of the possibility of a great thing that wouldn't only shake Africa but the world at large.

So guys, you can talk.

Rubbish post.

In your warped mind, you think Yorubas are the problem right?

Dey playyyy grin

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Really Is The Offence Of Both Tribes To The Other by Alexis11: 7:42pm On Mar 31, 2023
Re: What Really Is The Offence Of Both Tribes To The Other by Christistruth03: 8:03pm On Mar 31, 2023
dominic17:
The truth is Yorubas want to subdue other southerners so that them and northerns will be rotating ruling of this country. Any other southerners that are not Yoruba is referred as Igbo.

So why did 88% of Yorubas vote for Goodluck Jonathan in 2011 then?

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Really Is The Offence Of Both Tribes To The Other by DMerciful(m): 8:21pm On Mar 31, 2023
You have not answered why they refer to other Southerners as Igbos
Christistruth03:

Re: What Really Is The Offence Of Both Tribes To The Other by Nobody: 9:21pm On Mar 31, 2023
Alexis11:

Rubbish post.

In your warped mind, you think Yoruba is the problem right?

Dey playyyy grin

Shhhh ...... We are here for intelligent discussion. You may want to read the first paragraph.

So I don't just want to state again that it confirms the assumption of no provocation cos still u dodged to state any one......but I ain't gonna bring in that aspect.

Just have to give in intelligence or keep scrolling
Re: What Really Is The Offence Of Both Tribes To The Other by mrvitalis(m): 9:24pm On Mar 31, 2023
Christistruth03:

88% ? Really stop lying Infact there is no south west state Jonathan got 88%. He lost osun .. got 50% plus in Ogun ,oyo and ekiti

65% in Lagos and 75% in Ondo stop lying

Jonathan barely got 60% in South west n he contested against northerners ...I pity any southerner trusting south west

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Really Is The Offence Of Both Tribes To The Other by Christistruth03: 9:34pm On Mar 31, 2023
mrvitalis:

88% ? Really stop lying Infact there is no south west state Jonathan got 88%. He lost osun .. got 50% plus in Ogun ,oyo and ekiti

65% in Lagos and 75% in Ondo stop lying

Jonathan barely got 60% in South west n he contested against northerners ...I pity any southerner trusting south west

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Really Is The Offence Of Both Tribes To The Other by Occurstaem(m): 9:36pm On Mar 31, 2023
kiako:

So guys, you can talk.
You've taken sides already. In your biased mind, you believed it is the Yoruba who are attacking the Igbos.

Just go through this thread below and observe objectively. Yoruba are just returning the favour. And we are just getting started.

https://www.nairaland.com/745731/yoruba-marginalization-elders-met-jonathan

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Really Is The Offence Of Both Tribes To The Other by Nobody: 9:45pm On Mar 31, 2023
Occurstaem:

You've taken side already. In your biased mind, you believed it is the Yoruba who are attacking the Igbos.

Just go through this thread below and observe objectively. Yoruba are just returning the favour. And we are just getting started.

Well, I'll prefer to not agree I took sides as you stated - I made obvious the only observation I had. Reason I'm asking people who think otherwise to point out the offence of the other side let's all get informed.

Meanwhile, I'm checking that your link now.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: What Really Is The Offence Of Both Tribes To The Other by mrvitalis(m): 9:49pm On Mar 31, 2023
[quote author=Christistruth03 post=122205699][/quote]
So what's the difference between what u posted and what I posted ?

How did Jonathan get 88% in South west .. is that how bad your mathematics skills are ?
Re: What Really Is The Offence Of Both Tribes To The Other by Nobody: 9:51pm On Mar 31, 2023
Occurstaem:

You've taken sides already. In your biased mind, you believed it is the Yoruba who are attacking the Igbos.

So now I've opened the link. It's about yoruba elders meeting Jonathan to complain about marginalization ......

Wow, how does that sum up as the offence of the Igbo ?

Like seriously ? My dear brother, as we both can see it's almost going to be confirmed these were / are unprovoked stuff..... So far no point has been made to pick out the offence.

I'm not quarelling with you, neither am I interested in one. I just want us to have intelligent discussion atleast to inform ourselves : but then in totality, do you really take that as the offence of the Igbo ?

And yet on that basis you staying that you only just began ??

It's getting clearer there is no case.

However, go on with any which you can find .....

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Really Is The Offence Of Both Tribes To The Other by Occurstaem(m): 10:00pm On Mar 31, 2023
kiako:

So now I've opened the link. It's about yoruba elders meeting Jonathan to complain about marginalization ......

Wow, how does that sum up as the offence of the Igbo ?

Like seriously ? My dear brother, as we both can see it's almost going to be confirmed these were / are unprovoked stuff..... So far no point has been made to pick out the offence.

I'm not quarelling with you, neither am I interested in one. I just want us to have intelligent discussion atleast to inform ourselves : but then in totality, do you really take that as the offence of the Igbo ?

And yet on that basis you staying that you only just began ??

It's getting clearer there is no case.

However, go on with any which you can find .....
They introduced tribal bigotry to this forum. Whatever comment they would make on any topic, it would be made through their tribal prism. And what did we Yoruba do, we just siddon dey look.

What I meant by "just getting started" is that the era of siddon look is over. If they bring love, we reciprocate. And if it's hate, we return the favour too.

7 Likes

Re: What Really Is The Offence Of Both Tribes To The Other by omonnakoda: 10:07pm On Mar 31, 2023
The simple truth is that What Ahmadu Bello said about Ibos in the 50s remains true today
1. They are by nature clannish....This is not just an Ibo versus no Ibo phenomenon but goes all th way down to the Umunna level and that manifests evening relationships with other Ibos. They would discriminate against non Ibos not from their clan .Everything Buhari has done in that regard they did worse during the first republic. The case of Ogbonnaya Onu at FIIRO with China Igwe and his fake PhD was typical. . There was a fake DsC scandal in the first republic with a Sylvester Anieke. Nnamdi Azikiwe gave him cover. Also the July 15 1966 killings show that same clannishness
2. The Ibos suffered severe loss and humiliation during Biafra and in a kind of collective Stockholm syndrome cannot blame the Hausa so they blame the Yoruba and that s a narrative they learn from their parents. Secretly they hope to revenge one day

Anything that they perceive as hurting Yoruba brings them joy and anything that seems to be a Yoruba triumph grates and causes resentment in their spirit.

This thread from. 14 years ago highlights that hatred clearly
Any Yoruba on This forum needs to be aware of it

The attitude towards Tinubu is purely because he is Yoruba
If Tinubu was Yoruba they would celebrate him

Yoruba are indifferent to Ibos So if all Ibos disappeared Yoruba land today we won't miss them

So they hide behind childish excuses like
Lagos was developed with everyone s resources,his us seaport in Aba and similar alibis
The reality is we have no particular need for them in Yoruba land and so no need for conflict if they all go home or try to develop their own land..

When the presidency must come South debate on came up their mantra was Ibo or Hausa. So they seem to be miscalculatng politically and box themselves into a corner from where they are confined to more Biafra or death agitation

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Really Is The Offence Of Both Tribes To The Other by BombAttack(f): 10:18pm On Mar 31, 2023
omonnakoda:
The simple truth is that What Ahmadu Hello said about Ibos in the 50s remains true today
1. They are by nature clannish....This is not just an Ibo versus no Ibo phenomenon but goes all th way down to the Umunna level and that manifests evening relationships with other Ibos. They would discriminate against non Ibos not from their clan .Everything Buhari has done in that regard they did worse during the first republic. The case of Ogbonnaya Onu at FIIRO with China Igwe and his fake PhD was typical. . There was a fake DsC scandal in the first republic with a Sylvester Anieke. Nnamdi Azikiwe gave him cover. Also the July 15 1966 killings show that same clannishness
2. The Ibos suffered severe loss and humiliation during Biafra and in a kind of collective Stockholm syndrome cannot blame the Hausa so they blame the Yoruba and that s a narrative they learn from their parents. Secretly they hope to revenge one day

Anything that they perceive as hurting Yoruba brings them joy and anything that seems to be a Yoruba triumph grates and causes resentment in their spirit.

This thread from. 14 years ago highlights that hatred clearly
Any Yoruba on This forum needs to be aware of it

The attitude towards Tinubu is purely because he is Yoruba
If Tinubu was Yoruba they would celebrate him

You are writing gibberish, Igbos will NEVER celebrate a known thieve or cocaine trafficker. Have you seen Igbos celebrating known political criminals in igboland?
If Tinubu was Igbo, no Igbo will support him or vote him. Because he has bad records.
You can't see Igbos defending a known criminal, NEVER.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Really Is The Offence Of Both Tribes To The Other by babyfaceafrica: 10:20pm On Mar 31, 2023
You are not neutral, you already chose a side.. So no need for this discussion

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Really Is The Offence Of Both Tribes To The Other by omonnakoda: 10:24pm On Mar 31, 2023
BombAttack:

You are writing gibberish, Igbos will NEVER celebrate a known thieve or cocaine trafficker. Have you seen Igbos celebrating known political criminals in igboland?
Well I am not in the mood to exchange childish banter
I can say
I am not writing gibberish You are the one writing gibberishI am not writing gibberish You are the one writing gibberishI am not writing gibberish You are the one writing gibberishI am not writing gibberish You are the one writing gibberishI am not writing gibberish You are the one writing gibberish

And we can play that till Nnamdi Kanu is released. Won't get us anywhere

You are not the only one that can say

You are writing gibberish

Do you have any other tricks?

3 Likes

Re: What Really Is The Offence Of Both Tribes To The Other by BombAttack(f): 10:26pm On Mar 31, 2023
omonnakoda:

Well I am not in the mood to exchange childish banter
I can say
I am not writing gibberish You are the one writing gibberishI am not writing gibberish You are the one writing gibberishI am not writing gibberish You are the one writing gibberishI am not writing gibberish You are the one writing gibberishI am not writing gibberish You are the one writing gibberish

And we can play that till Nnamdi Kanu is released. Won't get us anywhere

You are not the only one that can say

You are writing gibberish

Do you have any other tricks?

I have burst your known lies and propaganda, so crawl back to your rat hole.

2 Likes

Re: What Really Is The Offence Of Both Tribes To The Other by omonnakoda: 10:27pm On Mar 31, 2023
BombAttack:

I have burst my known lies and propaganda, and I'll now crawl back to my rat hole.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

‘an Ambush’— INEC Kicks As LP Tenders 18,000 Blurred Irev Sheets / Fact: Abuja Has Largest & Most Expensive Luxury Government Convoys In The World / Is The 3rd Citizen Of Nigeria Not A Bastard?!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.