Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,941 members, 7,817,755 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:41 PM

Signs You See To Identify A Stupid Person - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Signs You See To Identify A Stupid Person (607 Views)

Am I The Stupid Person?? / Please, How Can You Identify A Runs Girl? / Lolz: Who Is The Most Stupid Person? -photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Signs You See To Identify A Stupid Person by Thoughty2(m): 5:18pm On Mar 28, 2023
There are many definitions for Stupidity, but I would limit my definition of stupidity to mean someone who is closed-minded, biased, and adamantly ignorant (i.e. they assume they know thus they refuse any form of wisdom that would help them out of their sorry predicament). When you see these kinds of people, it is best you avoid them or keep them at bay before they infect you with their shallow way of reasoning. Yes, do it for your well-being.

What are the signs you will notice when you see the type of people I mentioned above? I will keep things short by mentioning only 2 of them:

Stereotyping: A biased mind often categorizes people based on their appearance, nationality, tribe, or any other characteristic, without considering their individual qualities or circumstances. This can lead to a narrow-minded view of people, and can prevent them from recognizing the unique traits of each person. So next time you see someone attempting to shame an entire tribe because of the actions of a few people from that tribe, you have seen signs of stupidity. Don't bother engaging such people in a discussion, or else you waste your time.

I shake my head out of disgust when I see posts such as "Nigerian girls are this", or "Nigerian men are that?" It just shows the smallness of the mind typing those words.

Lack of empathy: A biased mind may lack the ability to understand or empathize with people who are different from them. This can lead to a lack of compassion and understanding toward people who are struggling or facing challenges. Sometimes, I marvel at the heartless comments I see some people make just to catch fun. They've not stopped to think that there are actual people (with emotions) behind those comments they are replying to or quoting.

This is all I would say for now but I would like Nairaland tribalists and sexists to receive some sense from reading this post. I'm tired of reading disturbing Ibo vs Yoruba vs Hausa posts here on Nairaland; tired of reading sexist posts. Nairaland is meant to be a place for entertainment, and sharing good ideas. It should not be a place to breed more tribalists and sexists that would further wreak havoc on our already fragile society

1 Like

Re: Signs You See To Identify A Stupid Person by Autobot05: 10:32pm On Mar 28, 2023
This is a stupid post cheesy

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Women Ain't Loyal / You Guy's Should Talk Ooooo / It’s Sad That People Have No Idea Life’s An Illusion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.