Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,320 members, 7,815,622 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:25 PM

Find A Job Or Start A Business, Which Is Better? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Find A Job Or Start A Business, Which Is Better? (12674 Views)

I Am 25 And Want To Start Up My Own Business. Which Businesses Can I Consider? / "N300k Job Or I Won't Work" - Slay Queen, Chinny Okekki (Photos) / Help, Should I Accept The Condition Of 3 Months Probation For A New Job Or Not? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Find A Job Or Start A Business, Which Is Better? by SamsonDGreat(m): 8:16am On Mar 29, 2023
I want us to discuss about this.

A lot of people find it difficult to make a choice or take a stand concerning this topic.

Back up your take with some points and examples if available.

1 Like

Re: Find A Job Or Start A Business, Which Is Better? by Fab21: 10:57am On Mar 29, 2023
There are lots of factors to consider.
If you're starting a business, you'll need capital.
However, if you can combine your Job and business together it's very good.

47 Likes 1 Share

Re: Find A Job Or Start A Business, Which Is Better? by sirwealth(m): 11:17am On Mar 29, 2023
, ,
Re: Find A Job Or Start A Business, Which Is Better? by Sugarcious(m): 11:17am On Mar 29, 2023
Re: Find A Job Or Start A Business, Which Is Better? by Godwin4444: 11:17am On Mar 29, 2023
Them no dey ask person this question now

It solely depend on how much u have at that time now, someone with 5 million naira n above cant n looking for job now n someone with 50k in account can’t talk about setting up a business

52 Likes 1 Share

Re: Find A Job Or Start A Business, Which Is Better? by NobleSeed(m): 11:17am On Mar 29, 2023
if at this stage we are in this country your subconscious mind can't tell you which one is better,then you and the Guy below don't know what's wrong with the two of you. undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Find A Job Or Start A Business, Which Is Better? by bigdammyj: 11:18am On Mar 29, 2023
Both.
Re: Find A Job Or Start A Business, Which Is Better? by toffyz(m): 11:18am On Mar 29, 2023
It's good to first find a job, then after making enough money you can establish your business and start making double income.

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Find A Job Or Start A Business, Which Is Better? by hopefulLandlord: 11:18am On Mar 29, 2023
okay

18 Likes

Re: Find A Job Or Start A Business, Which Is Better? by Kalatium(m): 11:18am On Mar 29, 2023
We are living in an Entrepreneurship revolution so most advice will tend to go towards starting a business.

If you can combine both it will be better.

5 Likes

Re: Find A Job Or Start A Business, Which Is Better? by VTJN(m): 11:19am On Mar 29, 2023
Where's the job in the first place
Re: Find A Job Or Start A Business, Which Is Better? by ugonology(m): 11:19am On Mar 29, 2023
If Nigeria were to be used for locational context.....

1) with fuel price at 350naira and ambitiously chasing the post-subsidy mark of 700naira per litre.

2) with diesel price above 800naira on the litre

3) with a barrel of Brent crude below 100$ on the international market

4) with NEPA charging 25naira per kilowatt

5) with dollar exchanging at 750 for a dollar

6) with meaningless and poorly planned
government financial policies( cashless policy)

7) with central bank interest rates at 25%

cool with inflation rate above 22%

9) with rents (for shops and warehouses) increasing more than 50%

10)with the current highly desperate and criminal mindset of the average Nigerian employee

11) with a compromised judiciary

12) with almost assured and secured insecurity forecast s

10) with lots of uncertainty with the political future of the country.

It would be careless, almost madness to conceive the ideation of starting a business in this turbulent times of unprecedented uncertainties. Except the business is frying Akara in wuse market, please keep your job and stock food at home, the ride would be bumpy... winter is coming.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Find A Job Or Start A Business, Which Is Better? by GeneralPula: 11:19am On Mar 29, 2023
Business bro. Just that it's luck..
Re: Find A Job Or Start A Business, Which Is Better? by SALLYBERRY01(m): 11:20am On Mar 29, 2023
Learning but I’m merging both together

1 Like

Re: Find A Job Or Start A Business, Which Is Better? by nkemjacob2(m): 11:20am On Mar 29, 2023
If u can't find enough capital to start your business. Don't leave your job. Don't be deceived entrepreneurship can be frustrating. However get useful experience y embarking on Ur entrepreneurial journey. Wen Ur business is able to cater for your needs u can leave your job

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Find A Job Or Start A Business, Which Is Better? by colestephan86: 11:20am On Mar 29, 2023
SamsonDGreat:
I want us to discuss about this.

A lot of people find it difficult to make a choice or take a stand concerning this topic.

Back up your take with some points and examples if available.
U must be ready to stay hungry if u wat to start a business.
Cos you will definitely go broke by the second

4 Likes

Re: Find A Job Or Start A Business, Which Is Better? by iLoveYouToo(m): 11:20am On Mar 29, 2023
Omor

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Find A Job Or Start A Business, Which Is Better? by WHITELIGHTER: 11:21am On Mar 29, 2023
Business ain't easy and not for the faint hearted but you can't be a rich/wealthy man with a 9-5 job except you're corrupt.

Just pray God gives you a divine idea 💡that will make you stand out. If your business idea is as a result of copy and paste, you will only be floating and likely end of frustrated.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Find A Job Or Start A Business, Which Is Better? by Donemmaco(m): 11:22am On Mar 29, 2023
Like for business
share for job

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Find A Job Or Start A Business, Which Is Better? by maleekberry: 11:22am On Mar 29, 2023
With where we are now in nigeria, the best option is to go and start a business or better still have multiple sources of income. Female Bank workers now they work from 9-5pm then go home and change and do like 2 hookups before going to work the next morning.

To survive in nigeria now you must be wise and forget about religion. Just make sure you make the bread by all possible means.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Find A Job Or Start A Business, Which Is Better? by Kaycee54321(m): 11:23am On Mar 29, 2023
Find a job.

A job is basically working for someone else's business. Find a job relating to the business you'd want to launch into, that way, you'd see the pitfalls and learn the business environment; and you'd have nothing to lose if you eventually find out that the particular business is not your cup of tea afterall.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Find A Job Or Start A Business, Which Is Better? by Skillsnigeria: 11:23am On Mar 29, 2023
Hmmm
Re: Find A Job Or Start A Business, Which Is Better? by Emily22(m): 11:23am On Mar 29, 2023
Business ain't easy as it seems.

But if you study it well, good training and skills, there is 60% chance you will succeed.

But with full honesty, I worked for 3 years after graduation before I started my own business and I can tell u with full confidence to start a business at early age.

Presently, I am in my house watching arise tv while my staffs are working, the joy is topnotch unlike back then when I had to leave home as early as 5:30pm on a 120k job monthly with fear of not getting sacked.

You need a job to finance a business, but if you have the capital already, please start a business and quickly learn the failures and benefits of business asap.

I forgot, I was later sacked sha cuz they reduced our salary to 70k but thank my brain that I have saved enough already.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Find A Job Or Start A Business, Which Is Better? by cutedharmee: 11:23am On Mar 29, 2023
Start a business

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Find A Job Or Start A Business, Which Is Better? by samwillyco1(m): 11:23am On Mar 29, 2023
Please start Business immediately if you can, if you get job is then a blessing to you, you can decided to either close it or still give it to trusted someone to manage it for you
Re: Find A Job Or Start A Business, Which Is Better? by Titilayo4life: 11:24am On Mar 29, 2023
Biz You can be in business for more than 2yrs without breaking even.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffohSf-D7c0

1 Like

Re: Find A Job Or Start A Business, Which Is Better? by Gerrard59(m): 11:24am On Mar 29, 2023
People would say "start a business" but forget that even in the US - the world's most capitalist society, the vast majority of graduates search for jobs after graduation. In countries where almost every graduate is told to start a business or learn a trade, check every well, the unemployment rate is high. Where I am, the majority search for jobs in their penultimate year and resume when they graduate. Those who start businesses either have rich parents to back/support them during their nascent stages or come up with very innovative ideas not POS businesses and car wash stands.

19 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Find A Job Or Start A Business, Which Is Better? by OlawaleBammie: 11:24am On Mar 29, 2023
Person wey get money to start a business na hin dey get choice

1 Like

Re: Find A Job Or Start A Business, Which Is Better? by uuzba(m): 11:24am On Mar 29, 2023
This is a simple thing na.
Start a business. Start producing, or selling whatever product or service.
That one will never fail you.
As you are doing it, you can later apply for a job with full confidence that your business is there at your back.
The business doesn't have to be big million dollar setup.
It can be plaiting hair or selling moi-moi.

The important thing is to just START IT.

Otherwise you end up here on Nairaland, jobless, wasting your time arguing and fighting with the whole of Nigeria.
Job is by luck.

2 Likes

Re: Find A Job Or Start A Business, Which Is Better? by id4sho(m): 11:24am On Mar 29, 2023
Type of Job matters and business matters

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ndic Recruitment Test! / NBS: 21.7 Millions Nigerians Now Unemployed / Nigerian Airforce Finally Release List Of Shortlisted Candidates For 2018/2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.