Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,354 members, 7,815,750 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:33 PM

Find A Job Or Start A Business, Which Is Better? - Jobs/Vacancies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Find A Job Or Start A Business, Which Is Better? (12675 Views)

I Am 25 And Want To Start Up My Own Business. Which Businesses Can I Consider? / "N300k Job Or I Won't Work" - Slay Queen, Chinny Okekki (Photos) / Help, Should I Accept The Condition Of 3 Months Probation For A New Job Or Not? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Find A Job Or Start A Business, Which Is Better? by SimeonOTC(m): 5:23pm On Apr 18, 2023
ugonology:
If Nigeria were to be used for locational context.....

1) with fuel price at 350naira and ambitiously chasing the post-subsidy mark of 700naira per litre.

2) with diesel price above 800naira on the litre

3) with a barrel of Brent crude below 100$ on the international market

4) with NEPA charging 25naira per kilowatt

5) with dollar exchanging at 750 for a dollar

6) with meaningless and poorly planned
government financial policies( cashless policy)

7) with central bank interest rates at 25%

cool with inflation rate above 22%

9) with rents (for shops and warehouses) increasing more than 50%

10)with the current highly desperate and criminal mindset of the average Nigerian employee

11) with a compromised judiciary

12) with almost assured and secured insecurity forecast s

10) with lots of uncertainty with the political future of the country.

It would be careless, almost madness to conceive the ideation of starting a business in this turbulent times of unprecedented uncertainties. Except the business is frying Akara in wuse market, please keep your job and stock food at home, the ride would be bumpy... winter is coming.

Please Great man, I solely need your advise and input. Please advise me as your younger brother.

Am about to go into business. Computer Business Center to be precise. The capital is there, have starting getting the equipment I will be needing.
Please what's your sincere input and advise in this as I will be depending 85% on fuel to run it and the longer I put off getting most equipment now, the more the increase of their prices.
Please what's your input. cause am scare and I don't have mentor or someone to guild me through.
Re: Find A Job Or Start A Business, Which Is Better? by ugonology(m): 7:18pm On Apr 18, 2023
SimeonOTC:

Please Great man, I solely need your advise and input. Please advise me as your younger brother.

Am about to go into business. Computer Business Center to be precise. The capital is there, have starting getting the equipment I will be needing.
Please what's your sincere input and advise in this as I will be depending 85% on fuel to run it and the longer I put off getting most equipment now, the more the increase of their prices.
Please what's your input. cause am scare and I don't have mentor or someone to guild me through.
Good day brother,
The business center biz is an ever-green business domain in Nigeria, as long as people continue to do registrations, online applications, printing and photocopies.
It's a good thing you have the foresight of planning ahead, especially as the federal government moves aggresively to finally remove fuel subsidy.

I will suggest the following;

1) make sure you are using a prepaid meter [/b]for your electricity billings, NEPA and her agents will most likely increase the bills for those on estimated billing.

2) [b]please consider using laptops for your operations [/b]as they consume less power and come with a few hours of battery charge when there is power outage.

3) [b]integrate or add pos business to the business center
. This with guarantee you a few thousand naira in profits daily and will go a long way in reducing your expenses.

4) buy paper, ink-colour, turner, staple pin and other stationaries in bulk from major dealers [/b]and if possible, buy for up to six months supply.
5) buy monthly data subscription plans, 3gig for 1 month preferably as you may not have much patronage in the first few weeks or months.
6) [b]buy your fuel yourself, refuse to deligate sensitive routine business purchases
as hardship and crime rate will increase with increasing fuel price as well.

7) consider investing in solar panels if you can afford them, even a single cell and one panel will go a long way.

cool lastly, pray...flee fornication and commit the business in the hands of God.
You will succeed!

2 Likes

Re: Find A Job Or Start A Business, Which Is Better? by SimeonOTC(m): 2:21am On Apr 19, 2023
ugonology:

Good day brother,
The business center biz is an ever-green business domain in Nigeria, as long as people continue to do registrations, online applications, printing and photocopies.
It's a good thing you have the foresight of planning ahead, especially as the federal government moves aggresively to finally remove fuel subsidy.

1) make sure you are using a prepaid meter [/b]for your electricity billings, NEPA and her agents will most likely increase the bills for those on estimated billing.

2) [b]please consider using laptops for your operations [/b]as they consume less power and come with a few hours of battery charge when there is power outage.

. This with guarantee you a few thousand naira in profits daily and will go a long way in reducing your expenses.

4) buy paper, ink-colour, turner, staple pin and other stationaries in bulk from major dealers [/b]and if possible, buy for up to six months supply.
5) buy monthly data subscription plans, 3gig for 1 month preferably as you may not have much patronage in the first few weeks or months.
6) [b]buy your fuel yourself, refuse to deligate sensitive routine business purchases

7) consider investing in solar panels if you can afford them, even a single cell and one panel will go a long way.

cool lastly, pray...flee fornication and commit the business in the hands of God.
You will succeed!

Thank you alot for this..I really really appreciate. All this means alot to me.

Please I will keep updating you as time goes on.

2 Likes

Re: Find A Job Or Start A Business, Which Is Better? by IyaTola: 10:23am On Apr 19, 2023
SimeonOTC:

Thank you alot for this..I really really appreciate. All this means alot to me.

Please I will keep updating you as time goes on.
Let me be your plug for solar inverter system
Re: Find A Job Or Start A Business, Which Is Better? by SimeonOTC(m): 2:55pm On Oct 23, 2023
ugonology:

Good day brother,

I will suggest the following

You will succeed!

Good day sir..
Please if you can see this, I have sent you a mail, please try and reply..we need to talk sir.
Or send me your WhatsApp number.
Re: Find A Job Or Start A Business, Which Is Better? by SimeonOTC(m): 9:45pm On Nov 22, 2023
ugonology:

Good day brother,

You will succeed!

Goodday sir,

I still come back once in a while to read your comment even though I have started the business and is really moving on well for me, thanks to the location.
Thanks again for this๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ndic Recruitment Test! / NBS: 21.7 Millions Nigerians Now Unemployed / Nigerian Airforce Finally Release List Of Shortlisted Candidates For 2018/2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.