Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,663 members, 7,816,699 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:36 PM

My Husband is in Love with My Sister: Help! - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / My Husband is in Love with My Sister: Help! (738 Views)

My Husband & 1 (18+) / Letter To My Husband’s Sidechick – A Story By Nwaoma007 / My Husband, Warm The Bed! A Story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Husband is in Love with My Sister: Help! by ExploreFeelings(f): 2:18pm On Mar 29, 2023
“———————————-
Rachel stabbed her food angrily as she listened to Maverick and Rose dominate the conversation over dinner. Their usual dinner which was filled with both of them talking about their childhood and random experiences was now replaced by Rose’s noisy laughter and silly stories. Rose giggled louder then and Rachel stabbed her food harder.

But none of them took notice of her as Rose continued telling Maverick stories about school, he laughed heartily and it was just too obvious that he was glad Rose was there.

“So, this my friend has been disturbing us to come visit her in their home, yeah… and I am not a fan of visiting people’s home. But after so much disturbance we decided to surprise her. So this very day, I and my three friends decided to pay her a surprise visit after we openly told her we couldn’t come. But, look we had no idea they had this mighty dog in their home” Rose’s bubbly voice filled the dining room while Maverick watched her keenly.

And occasionally his gaze rested on large breasts and her pretty face.
Rachel’s clenched her jaw, unable to eat her food as she watched them with a glowering look on her face. She had slowly turned into a bitter jealous soul and she hated herself for it. But no matter how hard she tried she couldn’t get herself to ignore what was happening in front of her or stop her heart from pounding in anger and pain.

“And then we got there, knocked on the door and there was this thunderous barking from their mighty dog and no one told us to run back and dial our friend’s number. After we called her, she opened the gate and there was the hefty dog watching us and she told us to come in and that it was harmless. I said no no… I can’t sign my death warranty by walking into this lion’s den. One of my friends stayed back with me but the other one insisted on going and when she got into the gate, the door bared its teeth and growled so loudly that she ran out and sped past us” Rose said in between laughter.

Maverick laughed even louder, unknowingly hitting his hands on the table. And that was enough for Rachel, she pushed her seat aside and walked away from dinner.

Maverick and Rose watched her go and Maverick didn’t know what to make of her awkward behavior.

Rachel couldn’t endure one more moment in the presence of the annoying lovebirds. She was burning in anger as she paced around her room. This wasn’t her, she told herself. When did she become so jealous and bitter? Towards her own sister? But why was Maverick staring at Rose like he had never seen a woman before?
She sat on her bed to think until Maverick came knocking. She opened the door and asked

“What do you want? Are you done having a great time with Rose?”

“Rachel, what’s wrong with you? Rose is your sister!”

“And the woman you have always wanted. You never wanted me! I was forced on you, wasn’t I? So, why are we even pretending you care about how I feel? Go and enjoy yourself with Rose. She is finally here, go feast on her!”

“You are yelling and she may hear. You don’t want her feeling uncomfortable in her own sister’s home. This is insane! You are behaving like a silly child who can’t get over the fact that her sister wants to share her doll with her.”

“A doll? What? Are you trying to say you want us to share you?”

“No, that’s not what I mean. I am only saying that you are acting that way.”

“And how have you been acting since you saw Rose? How? Like some lost puppy, staring at her like you have never seen her before. Gosh! I can’t believe we are talking about this. Maverick please, just leave my room, please. I need to be alone and control this stupid thing I feel.”

“Rachel…” Maverick said in a low voice, going to her to touch her but she moved away and said.

“Please just go away! I don’t need this now!” and he had no choice but to go to his own room.

When he left, Rachel couldn’t go to sleep. She tossed and turned in her bed restlessly as she tried really hard not to let her anger consume. It took a very long time before she could get herself to fall asleep, with a heavy heart.

The sun was barely up when her eyes opened but the weak rays somehow found their way into her room to disturb her sleep. She woke up to the sound of chattering and laughter. Rubbing her sleepy eyes, she tried to make sense of what was happening in her home. Yet again, she heard Rose’s bubbly laughter and that was the last stroke that broke the Carmel’s back.

Forcefully, she dragged her door open and walked to the sitting room. However, when she got to the doorway she paused to observe Maverick and Rose. They both had no idea she was there. And even though their conversation was totally harmless, the look Maverick gave Rose wasn’t.

He had that same longing look in his eyes as he watched her lips move as she spoke, his gaze moving through every inch of her body…
He desired her.

And it made Rachel’s heart squeeze in pain.

Marching back to her room, she took off her nightdress and jumped into the bathtub where she furiously scrubbed off her anger until it was replaced by indifference. In that pool of warm water, she cried out her frustration and came out feeling nothing at all as she made up her mind to go visit her father.

They were both still laughing and chatting when she entered the sitting room all dressed up. Maverick saw her first and he had a guilty look on his face as if he had been caught doing something bad.

“How are you, Rachel. Where are you off to?” Rose asked but Rachel simply nodded as she made her way to her car.

Maverick hurried behind her.
“Rachel, where are you off to so early?” But he was greeted by silence as she walked majestically to her car.

“Rachel” he called out again as she got into her car and banged the door.

“Rachel” he came to her window and she rolled down the glass.

“I am going to see my father. Don’t worry about me. Enjoy your home!”
She wound the window up and drove away.

Maverick felt so guilty as he watched her drive off and he was extremely uncomfortable that Rachel left him all alone with Rose. He couldn’t deny he wanted Rose and being alone with her in the house was a very bad idea. He hurried into the house towards his room, ignoring Rose.

“Maverick, where’s Rachel?”
He said nothing as he ran into his room, locked the door and got ready to leave the house before he did something he would regret.
——————————————————————————–
Rachel wasn’t angry when she drove into her father’s compound. The short ride had somehow helped her to calm her sour feelings and now what she felt was silly for being so jealous…

“Gosh, what is wrong with me?” She muttered to herself, taking her time to calm herself before going to see her father.
She hadn’t seen him in three months.

And she had done it on purpose, despite the fact that they lived close enough for a daily visit, to show him she was strong enough to care for herself.

But now she was here to see him, she was happy and just wanted to cry to him. But telling him about Rose and Maverick would be a silly thing to do, she reasoned as she knocked on the door. The housekeeper opened the door with a welcoming smile on her face.

“Where is my dad?” Rachel asked as she walked into the place which used to be her place of safety.

She felt nostalgic as she looked around only for her to see a strange woman sitting with her legs crossed in their sitting room. And she was reading their father’s favorite book.

“Who are you?” Rachel asked, suddenly furious that her father had let a stranger into their home.
The woman lowered her book, and gave her a cursory look without answering or acknowledging her.

“I said who are you?”

Read for Free on Okadabooks https://okadabooks.com/search?query=Grace%2520Amadi

Re: My Husband is in Love with My Sister: Help! by didroon43: 5:33pm On Mar 29, 2023
Very long story indeed.
Re: My Husband is in Love with My Sister: Help! by ExploreFeelings(f): 8:19pm On Mar 29, 2023
didroon43:
Very long story indeed.

It’s just a chapter of the book. You should learn to read long writings, it helps.
Re: My Husband is in Love with My Sister: Help! by didroon43: 11:54am On Mar 31, 2023
ExploreFeelings:

It’s just a chapter of the book. You should learn to read long writings, it helps.

It will be difficult for me honestly, as I have a lot of reading work to do.

(1) (Reply)

Your Audio/pdf Book Stores / Free Isbn For 3 Lucky People Now! / As Anyone Heard Of The Literary Magazine, Saraba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.