Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,151 members, 7,818,470 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:31 PM

Why Are Ijaw People Being Marginalised And Maltreated In Ondo State? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Are Ijaw People Being Marginalised And Maltreated In Ondo State? (1397 Views)

Umahi: Ebonyi People Marginalised By Igbos, Will Never Be Part Of Biafra / Ngige: South East, Not Marginalised / How I Was Maltreated In DSS Detention — Sowore (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Ijaw People Being Marginalised And Maltreated In Ondo State? by Abjinvest: 8:40am On Mar 30, 2023
Obagreatdatoye:

They own the land?
Who gave them the land pls.
The land belongs to the state government just for the record. You better advise them to be careful and maintain decorum!

Again, i repeat ijaws own the land. They are Indigenous to the coastal regions they occupy in Ondo state. That they were dragged into Ondo state by Fiat does not make them Yoruba.

Let it be known to all and sundry that evil is evil no matter who commits it. Ijaws should produce the next governor in Ondo state. Their communities must enjoy the same of government as others in the state.

To say Ondo is a Yoruba state will be a lie and we all know it. It is a Yoruba and Ijaw State.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Ijaw People Being Marginalised And Maltreated In Ondo State? by Ikaeniyan0: 8:46am On Mar 30, 2023
sageb:

yes, Hon. Agboola Ajayi is an Ijaw man from Kiribo in Ese odo
The Ijaws are being marginalized in Ondo

This issue nah common sense matter, I wander why some of you guys are crying when there need to be none

If the Ijaws are been marginalise in Ondo State, an ijaw man won't have been a deputy under Akeredolu

Did Apois and Arobos complain to you dey are not been accepted in the state civil service or what?

The Ijaws in Ondo State are well represented in Ondo State

I'm from Ondo South and this is the first time I will be hearing of all this

No ijaw man in Ondo State will claim he is been marginalise

You are not from Ondo State neither are you an ijaw man.
Re: Why Are Ijaw People Being Marginalised And Maltreated In Ondo State? by saintkel(m): 8:48am On Mar 30, 2023
mrrandomguy:
I don't think this is true. But the Yoruba should join hands with the peace loving Ijaw people.

HOWEVER:
Their goal is to Igbonise Yorubaland. What they failed to do during the civil war when they pushed West and were defeated in Ore is what they are attempting to do now with GRV.

1. GRV is 50% Igbo.
2. He married an igbo
3. His children are 75% Ibo, but will still bear the name Rhodes-vivour.
4. His children will now contest to be Governor of Lagos in future while claiming to be Yoruba.
5. Some of his children may be even married to Igbo.

They will do all they can to take over Lagos and their major weapon is inter-tribal marriage.

This same script is playing out in Osun, Ondo, Ekiti, Oyo, Ogun and Yoruba speaking parts of Kwara and Kogi.

In fact I suspect Seun Osewa is 25% Yoruba, 75% Igbo.
yeah...even Tinubu is 50 percent Igbo, same with d late Awolowo......una mumu don de too much

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Ijaw People Being Marginalised And Maltreated In Ondo State? by Ikaeniyan0: 8:50am On Mar 30, 2023
Obagreatdatoye:

They own the land?
Who gave them the land pls.
The land belongs to the state government just for the record. You better advise them to be careful and maintain decorum!
Government do not have the power to evict indigenous people from their land.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Are Ijaw People Being Marginalised And Maltreated In Ondo State? by Ikaeniyan0: 8:51am On Mar 30, 2023
Abjinvest:
No matter where your proclivities lie, we must all condemn this heinous subjugation of the Ijaw nation.
Are you an Ijaw man from Ondo State?
Re: Why Are Ijaw People Being Marginalised And Maltreated In Ondo State? by Obagreatdatoye(m): 1:34pm On Mar 30, 2023
Abjinvest:

Again, i repeat ijaws own the land. They are Indigenous to the coastal regions they occupy in Ondo state. That they were dragged into Ondo state by Fiat does not make them Yoruba.

Let it be known to all and sundry that evil is evil no matter who commits it. Ijaws should produce the next governor in Ondo state. Their communities must enjoy the same of government as others in the state.

To say Ondo is a Yoruba state will be a lie and we all know it. It is a Yoruba and Ijaw State.
Stop talking nonsense...if ijaw wants to be a
governor, they should go to bayelsa or Delta and stop being a nuisance...
Re: Why Are Ijaw People Being Marginalised And Maltreated In Ondo State? by Blue3k(m): 5:01pm On Mar 30, 2023
WhizdomXX:

A Better suggestion

I doubt they will though.
Re: Why Are Ijaw People Being Marginalised And Maltreated In Ondo State? by Christistruth03: 5:05pm On Mar 30, 2023
The Deputy Governor is Ijaw
Re: Why Are Ijaw People Being Marginalised And Maltreated In Ondo State? by gashiwalesman: 5:28pm On Mar 30, 2023
Abjinvest:
Among the original owners of the present day Ondo State are the Ijaws. Arguably the 4th largest ethnic group in Nigeria.

Among the 18 local govts in Ondo State, the Ijaws own Ese-Odo LGA. In recent times without paying mind to diversity, the yoruba led govt had adopted a yoruba anthem for the state, thereby cutting off the indigenous Ijaws who bring more to the state as their local govt is one out of the only two oil producing areas in the state.

This not so subtle attempt to marginalise and stamp out ijaw languages from the indigenous lexicon has been met with opposition by Ijaws.

Speaking to the tribune, the only lawmaker representing the marginalised community Mr. Torhukerhijo said: “It is perplexing that the governor, in spite of his pedigree, does not possess the political will for an all-inclusive government, and the Ijaw of Ondo State have been subjected to neglect and abandonment on issues of state by his executive and administrative actions.”

The Ijaws occupy over 250 large communities in the state but are not given a chance to be governor, deputy governor, or even ordinary commissioner. This tacit attempt to recolonize them and even eliminate thier identity and lives them must be condemned by all well meaning Nigerians.

Nigerians must rise up and condemn this evil

Shame on you for peddling hate speech and fake news!

You're not an ijaw, I'm guessing you don't even reside in on do state!

Agboola is an Apoi.. through they share cultural ideologies and they both share the same local government! Donald Ojogo an ijaw man recently won the HOR seat! How's that for cries of marginalization dumb ass?

Kekemeke an ijaw man was a commissioner and APC state chairman in ondo state.. cry me some marginalization blood oponu
Re: Why Are Ijaw People Being Marginalised And Maltreated In Ondo State? by gashiwalesman: 5:29pm On Mar 30, 2023
Abjinvest:
Among the original owners of the present day Ondo State are the Ijaws. Arguably the 4th largest ethnic group in Nigeria.

Among the 18 local govts in Ondo State, the Ijaws own Ese-Odo LGA. In recent times without paying mind to diversity, the yoruba led govt had adopted a yoruba anthem for the state, thereby cutting off the indigenous Ijaws who bring more to the state as their local govt is one out of the only two oil producing areas in the state.

This not so subtle attempt to marginalise and stamp out ijaw languages from the indigenous lexicon has been met with opposition by Ijaws.

Speaking to the tribune, the only lawmaker representing the marginalised community Mr. Torhukerhijo said: “It is perplexing that the governor, in spite of his pedigree, does not possess the political will for an all-inclusive government, and the Ijaw of Ondo State have been subjected to neglect and abandonment on issues of state by his executive and administrative actions.”

The Ijaws occupy over 250 large communities in the state but are not given a chance to be governor, deputy governor, or even ordinary commissioner. This tacit attempt to recolonize them and even eliminate thier identity and lives them must be condemned by all well meaning Nigerians.

Nigerians must rise up and condemn this evil

Shame on you for peddling hate speech and fake news!

You're not an ijaw, I'm guessing you don't even reside in ondo state!

Agboola is an Apoi.. though they share cultural ideologies and they both share the same local government! Donald Ojogo an ijaw man recently won the HOR seat! How's that for cries of marginalization dumb ass?

Kekemeke an ijaw man was a commissioner and APC state chairman in ondo state.. cry me some marginalization blood oponu
Re: Why Are Ijaw People Being Marginalised And Maltreated In Ondo State? by Jetro033: 5:36pm On Mar 30, 2023
Abjinvest:

Stop projecting the heinous acts on others simply because it is done by your tribe.

Their is systemic marginalization against ijaws in Ondo state. Evidence abounds. Just a simple internet search proves this.

The world is keeping silent while ijaws are being eliminated in their identities and lives.
. Nobody marginalized Ijaw in Ondo state, since the present south west APC party chairman is an Ijaw man, the only thing needed in Arogbo Ijaw is bridge.
Re: Why Are Ijaw People Being Marginalised And Maltreated In Ondo State? by Jetro033: 5:43pm On Mar 30, 2023
Obagreatdatoye:

Stop talking nonsense...if ijaw wants to be a
governor, they should go to bayelsa or Delta and stop being a nuisance...
. what is nonsense about what he just started? You Yoruba'should not be Governor in state like Kogi? Don't encourage injustice because your ethnic group is major in the state.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

“Why Does Obi Always Feel Need To Dispel Rumors Against Him"—APC Fumes / Lamidi Apapa Don Humble / Is Inec Tempering With Abuja Result To Give Tinubu 25%

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.