Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,977 members, 7,814,332 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:09 AM

Is Toyota Really Reliable As Claimed? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Is Toyota Really Reliable As Claimed? (1768 Views)

Users Bash Mercedes-benz On Instagram: Your Cars No Longer Reliable As Before / Is Toyota A Better Company Than Mercedes? / Is Toyota As Reliable As Nigerians Make It Seem. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Toyota Really Reliable As Claimed? by AutoManual: 8:32pm On Mar 29, 2023
Almost of the cars that smoke on the road are Toyota from almighty Corolla to Camry and the rest. Metrix, puntic Vibe to Highlander. I'm yet to see honda smoking.

My approach to mechanic workshop all the cars there are Toyota from gearbox problem to engine failure. From ringing to change of engine.

The bag wagon of toyata make them feel pride and think Honda is shit.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Toyota Really Reliable As Claimed? by dangoteinlaw: 8:38pm On Mar 29, 2023
Hondas are terrible. Was driving last sunday and only saw 3 hondas from alimosho all the way to ayobo down to Ait road. I know a man who has a abandoned his honda in the garage and now using a camry, i also know a colleague that sold his baby boy and got a camry of same year and he was always telling me how great hondas are so why change the car only to buy the toyota you claim is boring hahah.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Toyota Really Reliable As Claimed? by Aaaaarghmed(m): 12:10am On Mar 30, 2023
Toyota is reliable,honda is reliable too.I sold a honda to buy a honda,I know plenty people who did.I prefer honda because its feels premium and classy and I feel safer driving it on high speed.tenk u

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Toyota Really Reliable As Claimed? by finallybusy: 5:02am On Mar 30, 2023
Over-reliable dey worry am, sef. Buy the cars brand new.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Toyota Really Reliable As Claimed? by Elxandre(m): 1:02pm On Mar 30, 2023
dangoteinlaw:
Hondas are terrible. Was driving last sunday and only saw 3 hondas from alimosho all the way to ayobo down to Ait road. I know a man who has a abandoned his honda in the garage and now using a camry, i also know a colleague that sold his baby boy and got a camry of same year and he was always telling me how great hondas are so why change the car only to buy the toyota you claim is boring hahah.
Hondas are on roughly on par with Toyota.
Toyota just has a stronger brand and appeal to nigeirnas.
I suspect Accords of time past pulling legs didn't help their cause with Nigerians, who now believe all Honda pull legs.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Toyota Really Reliable As Claimed? by femmykenny: 6:57am On Mar 31, 2023
Toyota is reliable. 
We have too many Toyotas on the road. 
It's like 100 Toyotas to two other brands on the road.The taste for Toyota is just too much.
You can get other brands if you want to look different. 

Despite the huge number of Toyotas on the road, you barely see them breakdown on the road. 
If it's a bad brand, we should see them breakdown regularly on our roads. 

As for the smoking engine, age and abuse could be factors.
I would have considered Honda, but the regular leg pull is a major issue with their sedan.I am not ready to be a sound engineer yet.

Honda's resale value is also terrible; it's a bad investment. 

I have been using my Toyota for several years now, and I still enjoy it. 
engine is very silent.
Every time I feel like upgrading, I always ask myself if I will ever get something as reliable as this.

I remember some time ago when I helped my neighbor sell a smoking Toyota with much rust.
The way people rush the car is unbelievable. One even offered to pay more just to buy it from the other guy. I doubt if this will be possible with another brand.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Toyota Really Reliable As Claimed? by goodnewscliff(m): 9:58am On Mar 31, 2023
femmykenny:
Toyota is reliable. 
It's like 100 Toyotas to two other brands on the road.The taste for Toyota is just too much.

Despite the huge number of Toyotas on the road, you barely see them breakdown on the road. 

I would have considered Honda, but the regular leg pull is a major issue with their sedan.I am not ready to be a sound engineer yet.

engine is very silent.
Every time I feel like upgrading, I always ask myself if I will ever get something as reliable as this.

I remember some time ago when I helped my neighbor sell a smoking Toyota with much rust.
The way people rush the car is unbelievable. One elven offered to pay more just to buy it from the other guy. I doubt if this will be possible with another brand.
ur analysis is 5 years old.
Would have made perfect sense then. Although toyota is widespread, honda is closely becoming competitive as at today. When u see like 5 toyota, u must see 3 honda. And this only does not make toyota a more reliable brand. Honda has the best engine and thats like d cpu of every car. Other brands too are as well reliable. Dont want to type much tho!!!!

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Toyota Really Reliable As Claimed? by AutoManual: 12:14pm On Mar 31, 2023
femmykenny:
Toyota is reliable. 

engine is very silent.

The way people rush the car is unbelievable. One even offered to pay more just to buy it from the other guy. I doubt if this will be possible with another brand.
it's the high and bagwons we are talking about. It's good that for for honda lovers to that the price doesn't go up like Toyota.

Look at for Instance our Naira during the cashless economy people withdrawing 10k with 4k. It's because of demand that why anyone will reach a rusty car.

Like here is the east. People who don't know anything about car will tell you buy toyota. Or when you buy honda they will tell you why you didn't buy toyota. This are people who don't even know where the brake or acceleration is in a car. Just because of people are using it. It crate an atmosphere that other brands are not good. Even when you are riding Benz they will tell you Toyota is better.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Toyota Really Reliable As Claimed? by MASTAkiLLAh(m): 1:12pm On Mar 31, 2023
This same topic every three market days undecided

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Toyota Really Reliable As Claimed? by Aaaaarghmed(m): 12:35am On Apr 01, 2023
MASTAkiLLAh:
This same topic every three market days undecided
😂😂😂😂.Honda and toyota have being rivals for a very long time.thread about these two brand plenty dieee

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Toyota Really Reliable As Claimed? by femmykenny: 10:00am On Apr 01, 2023
goodnewscliff:
ur analysis is 5 years old.
Would have made perfect sense then. Although toyota is widespread, honda is closely becoming competitive as at today. When u see like 5 toyota, u must see 3 honda. And this only does not make toyota a more reliable brand. Honda has the best engine and thats like d cpu of every car. Other brands too are as well reliable. Dont want to type much tho!!!!

The competition is between Toyota and Toyota now .
Honda is no longer in the race
Anyone on Lagos road will not say otherwise.
5 Toyota and 3 Honda, maybe somewhere outside Lagos.
I am using Toyota because I am enjoying Toyota and I will not mind moving to another reliable brand.

1 Like

Re: Is Toyota Really Reliable As Claimed? by goodnewscliff(m): 11:26am On Apr 01, 2023
femmykenny:

The competition is between Toyota and Toyota now .
Honda is no longer in the race
Anyone on Lagos road will not say otherwise.
5 Toyota and 3 Honda, maybe somewhere outside Lagos.
I am using Toyota because I am enjoying Toyota and I will not mind moving to another reliable brand.
u see... Am in edo state and i believe in kaduna, kastina honda has more vehecles than TOYOTA

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Toyota Really Reliable As Claimed? by RoadMozart(m): 10:31pm On Apr 01, 2023
femmykenny:
Toyota is reliable. 

engine is very silent.

Kai nau.... Which one be sound engineer again😂😂😂

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Toyota Really Reliable As Claimed? by Aaaaarghmed(m): 7:25am On Apr 02, 2023
NA poor person dey reason resale value,may God not let me get reason resale value if cars when I want to buy and enjoy what I like.

2 Likes

Re: Is Toyota Really Reliable As Claimed? by femmykenny: 7:43am On Apr 02, 2023
Aaaaarghmed:
NA poor person dey reason resale value,may God not let me get reason resale value if cars when I want to buy and enjoy what I like.

Bad investment is the easiest road to poverty.
Anyone who understands the basic rules of addition and subtraction will not make the wrong investment. 
I will never buy a car that will lose 50% of its price under 2 years.
Whatever rocks your boat Bro

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Toyota Really Reliable As Claimed? by Aaaaarghmed(m): 7:54am On Apr 02, 2023
femmykenny:

Bad investment is the easiest road to poverty.
Anyone who understands the basic rules of addition and subtraction will not make the wrong investment. 
I will never buy a car that will lose 50% of its price under 2 years.
Whatever rocks your boat Bro
yea,well said,I have used 3 hondas and I sold all of them slightly higher than the price I bought them.In Nigeria now ,things go up everyday,if you pamper your car,you can sell it for a good price.

5 Likes

Re: Is Toyota Really Reliable As Claimed? by skywalker240(m): 6:16am On Apr 03, 2023
Toyotas are reliable, Honda's are also reliable

The problem is the mentality of the average Nigerian

Always go with the most popular

3 Likes

Re: Is Toyota Really Reliable As Claimed? by PAQ(m): 11:12pm On Apr 03, 2023
Toyota are reliable, so reliable that their value holds up better than some luxury brand names like.... Make i no find trouble.

This is not a Nigerian thing either. In America, Australia & Europe, Japanese cars are generally more reliable because they are less complicated, boring and they stick to their winning formula.

Toyota is amongst the top 3 most reliable car brands for years. The best selling car in America and the world at large is the Toyota Corolla which is also the most sold car in history with over 50 million units since 1966.

All these figures and accolades are verifiable facts and statistical data compiled over the years from across the globe. Honda is also very reliable and always on Toyota's tail but some little issues with previous models in the past put them behind. If these cars weren't so good their sales figure will show it .

Toyota ranks 11th in Forbes most valuable companies in the world, the next auto brand is Mercedes Benz at number 23.

6 Likes

Re: Is Toyota Really Reliable As Claimed? by AutoManual: 1:13pm On Apr 06, 2023
PAQ:
Toyota are reliable, so reliable that their value holds up better than some luxury brand names like.... Make i no find trouble.

This is not a Nigerian thing either. In America, Australia & Europe, Japanese cars are generally more reliable because they are less complicated, boring and they stick to their winning formula.

Toyota is amongst the top 3 most reliable car brands for years. The best selling car in America and the world at large is the Toyota Corolla which is also the most sold car in history with over 50 million units since 1966.

All these figures and accolades are verifiable facts and statistical data compiled over the years from across the globe. Honda is also very reliable and always on Toyota's tail but some little issues with previous models in the past put them behind. If these cars weren't so good their sales figure will show it .

Toyota ranks 11th in Forbes most valuable companies in the world, the next auto brand is Mercedes Benz at number 23.
honda flop with design from 2008 to 2014. That where Toyota got more market especially the Camry and accord.

1 Like

Re: Is Toyota Really Reliable As Claimed? by phungva: 11:36am On Apr 19, 2023
PAQ:

Yes same here in Australia most people getting cash for broken cars in Sunshine Coast and buying new toyota's

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

. / Buying A Used Car? Have An Expert/mechanic Do A Thorough Inspection / Driving With A Faulty Traction Control System, Straight Way To Death

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.