Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,892 members, 7,841,356 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 08:08 AM

Dear New Hires, Stop Coming Into Organizations With Messiah Attitude. - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Dear New Hires, Stop Coming Into Organizations With Messiah Attitude. (18623 Views)

7 Reasons Why New Hires Quit Before 90 Days / Why You Should Conduct Background Checks On Your New Hires / Did I Do Wrong With My Attitude ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dear New Hires, Stop Coming Into Organizations With Messiah Attitude. by uuzba(m): 1:13pm On Mar 30, 2023
QuinModah:
I think new hire are different from new hire in respect to their levels of experiences.

For example, a new hire can be, new GOC, new Unit commander (Director).

In this context, are we saying they should not fix some loopholes after they have understood the process , system and people? Yes, they will, and that where the Messiah comes in.

Also, either you are good employee or bad employee, you will always have enemies.
Eh, they will first close their mouth and learn the process.
After learning they will understand
After understanding they can suggest.
And if the suggestion is not taken, they should close their mouth back.
After all they don't have their own company that they are running in their house. And don't know anything about how to start a company like that one.

1 Like

Re: Dear New Hires, Stop Coming Into Organizations With Messiah Attitude. by xristos(m): 1:13pm On Mar 30, 2023
ok
Re: Dear New Hires, Stop Coming Into Organizations With Messiah Attitude. by Zimmermann(m): 1:15pm On Mar 30, 2023
uuzba:

I think it's only CEOs who are employed to shout at everybody and change the whole structure of the company.
But that CEO would have understudied that particular organisation for numerous years and knows exactly what he is doing before he is employed.
Elon Musk entered Twitter and sacked workers off. Well, later he sha said he made mistake and has lost money.
The Google man, too. Facebook man, Microsoft man... Those are the people that enter company and change things.
This your research presentation is appreciated..

You’re too serious grin grin
Re: Dear New Hires, Stop Coming Into Organizations With Messiah Attitude. by OpinionCounts(m): 1:16pm On Mar 30, 2023
This your statement is very open ended and subject to a lot of conditions to be an agreeable statement.

Infact, I know a lot of establishments that are desperately looking to hire someone with that messiah confidence and charisma to pull the company through (provided the person can prove by results to indeed be the messiah they are desperately looking for)

1 Like

Re: Dear New Hires, Stop Coming Into Organizations With Messiah Attitude. by Emma1Oj(m): 1:18pm On Mar 30, 2023
I do resume any new job with a quiet spirit why I watch others body movement, personality, flow and work understanding level to know who to quickly associate with.
Re: Dear New Hires, Stop Coming Into Organizations With Messiah Attitude. by LegacyB: 1:19pm On Mar 30, 2023
Lol. It’s called the JJC syndrome. Menh it happened to me too back then.
Re: Dear New Hires, Stop Coming Into Organizations With Messiah Attitude. by Exceed15: 1:24pm On Mar 30, 2023
Hmm... Never outshine your master. Keep low, humble and receptive.

3 Likes

Re: Dear New Hires, Stop Coming Into Organizations With Messiah Attitude. by Nobody: 1:25pm On Mar 30, 2023
AntiChristian:
This is cool advice!

Unlike some from a village in Anambala whose life problem was caused by MC Oluomo, Tinubu and APC.

King idiot, this does not apply to you.
You dont need this to carry blocks at the construction site you do manual labor.
Re: Dear New Hires, Stop Coming Into Organizations With Messiah Attitude. by GloriousGbola: 1:27pm On Mar 30, 2023
[quote author=Rubyjade post=122166205][/quote]

Dear New Hires,

Stop coming into organizations with Messiah Attitude.
Most times when you hire candidates they come in like Saviour to deliver the organization from the Jaws of Thor.

When you get into an organization your first point of call is onboard, orientation, and build interactions with the people you will be working with so that you can better understand their process, systems, and people.

There would be processes and projects that the organization has in place that is perfect for their business model, don't just come in because you are hired to tell everyone they are doing it wrong that is why they hired you.

It is a very wrong mindset, and this is why some of you start having enemies from day one of entry, we are not saying don't do your job, but what job will you do really if you don't understand the process, product, and People?

Change that mindset
Copied.

your mindset is why companies stagnate and die.

because they are full of old people who are unable to change and who will step on people who push for change

what you want is yes men and oga sir workers - what i call a local govt office.
Re: Dear New Hires, Stop Coming Into Organizations With Messiah Attitude. by kilokeys(m): 1:36pm On Mar 30, 2023
Another perspective.

When a new person joins your organisation, they might see your blindspots, toxic things you now see as normal.
Don't shut down the new pple, they might have some new ideas. Before they become zombies like you
Re: Dear New Hires, Stop Coming Into Organizations With Messiah Attitude. by kremzo: 1:40pm On Mar 30, 2023
Aptly said[quote author=Rubyjade post=122166205][/quote]

1 Like

Re: Dear New Hires, Stop Coming Into Organizations With Messiah Attitude. by Asamota: 1:40pm On Mar 30, 2023
Dear “new hire”, maintain that messiah mindset or your employer may think they made a mistake.

Your job is not to make insecure twàts feel secured.

1 Like

Re: Dear New Hires, Stop Coming Into Organizations With Messiah Attitude. by Olumeme: 1:43pm On Mar 30, 2023
It depends on the mandate you are given. If you are brought in to come sanitize the system, doing things the old way will only compound the problems.

I agree that you need to come, settle, build rapport with the people on ground because they information can help you succeed, but if you are a messiah, show it. If the people on ground are that good and competent, they won't bring someone from outside, and if enemies will come due to that, let them come!
Re: Dear New Hires, Stop Coming Into Organizations With Messiah Attitude. by Asswipemod: 1:45pm On Mar 30, 2023
[quote author=Rubyjade post=122166205][/quote]

Auditors will not like this thread. Especially one fake one who resides in Ibadan and who is a salesman. He carries that kind of attitude even on this forum. Wanna know him? It's Kadoso Mutairu aka seunmsg!

1 Like

Re: Dear New Hires, Stop Coming Into Organizations With Messiah Attitude. by obayendo1010(m): 1:46pm On Mar 30, 2023
Got gesture, but you trying to break the spirit of different thinkers and new approach, find a way to inculcate new spirit into your team instead of inserting your fear and limits to new recruits whose ambition might just hit the core lift the organisation has been searching for...
Re: Dear New Hires, Stop Coming Into Organizations With Messiah Attitude. by Reelmii: 1:46pm On Mar 30, 2023
They came with the obedience attitude.....they came to take over grin
Re: Dear New Hires, Stop Coming Into Organizations With Messiah Attitude. by naturefellow(m): 1:55pm On Mar 30, 2023
AntiChristian:
This is cool advice!
Unlike some from a village in Anambala whose life problem was caused by MC Oluomo, Tinubu and APC.
need your brain checked. Tribalist!
Re: Dear New Hires, Stop Coming Into Organizations With Messiah Attitude. by Kaycee54321(m): 2:02pm On Mar 30, 2023
olisefom:
From the view point of an employee in a Nigerian Organisational Setting, this your view is alright...in order to avoid "stepping on toes"

From the viewpoint of an employer/entrepreneur/CEOs, this viewpoint is like telling the new intake to observe the ills/corruption/lack of enthusiasm and whathaveyou in the organisation and systematically fall in place.

It all depends on the the side your audience is taking.

It takes a person of depth to view both sides of the coin from the edge.

Respect, Sir.

1 Like

Re: Dear New Hires, Stop Coming Into Organizations With Messiah Attitude. by merrymike47(m): 2:09pm On Mar 30, 2023
correctguy101:

Which one is very true?

Most people are outside looking for an organization to redeem them from the jaws of unemployment.
Where will such people have the time to waste in acting like Messiahs?

Many a rookie will even bootlick just to learn the ropes. undecided

Which country people una dey advice with all this kind of advice sef undecided
in reality, many Nigerians fall victim of this, we have a lot of people who have not gained the needed work experience acting like a Messiah at a new firm, always acting some kind of weird trying to impress the owner of that place. Even when you have a lot of work experience, you have not been in the new firm before, so it is wisdom to study and understand your new work environment. Meanwhile, result shows that the more experience one has, the more calm he/she becomes at a setting. It is not always about the job, your relationship with the team as well is as important.
Re: Dear New Hires, Stop Coming Into Organizations With Messiah Attitude. by AntiChristian: 2:09pm On Mar 30, 2023
naturefellow:
need your brain checked. Tribalist!

Define tribalist?
Re: Dear New Hires, Stop Coming Into Organizations With Messiah Attitude. by AntiChristian: 2:11pm On Mar 30, 2023
Ransomware:

King idiot, this does not apply to you.
You dont need this to carry blocks at the construction site you do manual labor.

Hope this is not for me cos you're deluded!
Look for who dey carry block for your house!
Just like Mr. "Church take back your country"!
Re: Dear New Hires, Stop Coming Into Organizations With Messiah Attitude. by BNLR(m): 2:19pm On Mar 30, 2023
Everything is all about timing, but I will advice new hire to never sleep on it.

The topic of this write up does not really allign with the intention of the writer.

Many new hire had been tested not only during the recruitment stage but also during the probation.

Fear the person that send you message and not the person you want to deliver the message to.

But remember to be wise while delivering the message.

Never forget the roles you are hired for and don't interfere in what does not concern you.

1 Like

Re: Dear New Hires, Stop Coming Into Organizations With Messiah Attitude. by merrymike47(m): 2:22pm On Mar 30, 2023
olisefom:
From the view point of an employee in a Nigerian Organisational Setting, this your view is alright...in order to avoid "stepping on toes"

From the viewpoint of an employer/entrepreneur/CEOs, this viewpoint is like telling the new intake to observe the ills/corruption/lack of enthusiasm and whathaveyou in the organisation and systematically fall in place.

It all depends on the the side your audience is taking.
it takes deligence in reading the Op's write up to get his actual point. Audience's opinion apart, you don't go to a new firm to rubbish every other person's work if you don't have your own team to replace all of them. You are still going to work with them after all, I bet you wouldn't want them to kill your vibe and rubbish your work too. You can have your standard but you have to understand and build a relationship with your team aswell.
Re: Dear New Hires, Stop Coming Into Organizations With Messiah Attitude. by correctguy101(m): 2:26pm On Mar 30, 2023
merrymike47:
in reality, many Nigerians fall victim of this, we have a lot of people who have not gained the needed work experience acting like a Messiah at a new firm, always acting some kind of weird trying to impress the owner of that place. Even when you have a lot of work experience, you have not been in the new firm before, so it is wisdom to study and understand your new work environment. Meanwhile, result shows that the more experience one has, the more calm he/she becomes at a setting. It is not always about the job, your relationship with the team as well is as important.

You do have a point.

Some people sure are too arrogant for their own good. You're right.

I just hope they'll take your advice. I was just expressing that after being without employment for a considerable amount of time can really quell some hot heads. And many Nigerians have really suffered when it comes to having something of worth to call a job.

As an advocate of everything goes, I still thank you for bringing this here for all the hot headed children who the forces will direct to this thread.

Greetings to you

1 Like

Re: Dear New Hires, Stop Coming Into Organizations With Messiah Attitude. by merrymike47(m): 2:30pm On Mar 30, 2023
BNLR:
Everything is all about timing, but I will advice new hire to never sleep on it.

The topic of this write up does not really allign with the intention of the writer.

Many new hire had been tested not only during the recruitment stage but also during the probation.

Fear the person that send you message and not the person you want to deliver the message to.

But remember to be wise while delivering the message.

Never forget the roles you are hired for and don't interfere in what does not concern you.
😁 I hope you know that the life of the firm is longer than your own life, I hope you know that someone was occupying that seat before you came on board, I hope you know that those ones that hired you won't hesitate to sack you once your result doesn't match your claim. Why create unnecessary headache and enemies for yourself when there are better ways to go about it?

1 Like

Re: Dear New Hires, Stop Coming Into Organizations With Messiah Attitude. by meum: 2:39pm On Mar 30, 2023
Hahaha. Na that initial ginger employers dey like na.

It makes them feel like they hired the best from the labour market. Lol

1 Like

Re: Dear New Hires, Stop Coming Into Organizations With Messiah Attitude. by Nobody: 2:44pm On Mar 30, 2023
AntiChristian:

Hope this is not for me cos you're deluded!
Look for who dey carry block for your house!
Just like Mr. "Church take back your country"!

Block head carrying blocks. What a perfect combination. You are truely a rotten gift that keeps on smelling.
Get your charred soul out of my comment.
Re: Dear New Hires, Stop Coming Into Organizations With Messiah Attitude. by naturefellow(m): 2:52pm On Mar 30, 2023
AntiChristian:

Define tribalist?
it's who you are. It's shitty!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Apply For Exxonmobil Graduate Trainee 2020 / Is Being An Introvert A Turnoff To Nigerian Employers? / 12 Biggest Lessons From The Corporate World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.