Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,246 members, 7,829,454 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:16 AM

Covenant University CBT Centre Denies Candidates Wearing Hijab From Writing Mock - Education (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Covenant University CBT Centre Denies Candidates Wearing Hijab From Writing Mock (52555 Views)

International School, University Of Ibadan Suspends Student For Wearing Hijab / Muslim Girls Suspended From Isolo Secondary School Lagos For Wearing Hijab / The 5 Muslim Students Suspended For Wearing Hijab To School In Lagos (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Covenant University CBT Centre Denies Candidates Wearing Hijab From Writing Mock by abdullahi45: 7:29pm On Apr 01, 2023
padi94:

That means you know nothing about your religion even the elites that brought the religion to you most of their children don't wear the Hijab or carry it on their head Like you people. Na Una dey decieve Una self.

It's interesting to know that I know nothing about my faith. Could you please educate me, bro.

The elites aren't an archetype. Islam has its standards. That some people are falling short and still striving doesn't make them the prototype.

1 Like

Re: Covenant University CBT Centre Denies Candidates Wearing Hijab From Writing Mock by TenQ: 7:54pm On Apr 01, 2023
abdullahi45:

Na, that's not true. You just have to dress modestly.
It's obvious you never being to Al-Hikmah University.
Re: Covenant University CBT Centre Denies Candidates Wearing Hijab From Writing Mock by abdullahi45: 10:22pm On Apr 01, 2023
TenQ:

It's obvious you never being to Al-Hikmah University.

Lol, okay.
Re: Covenant University CBT Centre Denies Candidates Wearing Hijab From Writing Mock by edoairways: 12:46am On Apr 02, 2023
Encyclopedia1:

Sir, respectfully again I ask. Explain it to us.

1 Corinthians 11:3-16 addresses the issue of women and head coverings. The context of the entire passage of 1 Corinthians 11:3-16 is submission to the God-given order and "chain of command." A "covering" on a woman’s head is used as an illustration of the order, headship, and the authority of God. The key verse of this passage is 1 Corinthians 11:3 "But I want you to know that the head of every man is Christ, the head of woman is man, and the head of Christ is God." The implications of this verse are found in the rest of the passage. The order is: God the Father, God the Son, the man or husband, and the woman or wife. The veil or covering on the head of a believing Corinthian wife showed that she was under the authority of her husband, and therefore under submission to God.

Within this passage is also verse 10: "For this reason the woman ought to have a symbol of authority on her head, because of the angels." Why is that important to angels? The relationship of God with men is something that angels watch and learn from (1 Peter 1:12). Therefore, a woman’s submission to God’s delegated authority over her is an example to angels. The holy angels, who are in perfect and total submission to God, expect that we, as followers of Christ,( Christians )be the same.

This covering not only means a cloth but also can refer to a woman’s hair length. How can we say that? We must take this verse in the context or the setting in which it is presented. "Does not even nature itself teach you that if a man has long hair, it is a dishonor to him? But if a woman has long hair, it is a glory to her; for her hair is given to her for a covering" (1 Corinthians 11:14-15). Therefore, in the context of this passage, a woman who is wearing her hair ( not weavon but natural hair)longer marks herself out distinctively as a woman and not a man. The Apostle Paul who wrote this bible verse you quoted is saying here that in the Corinthian culture, when a wife’s hair was longer than her husband’s, it showed her submission to his headship. The roles of the male and female are designed by God to portray a profound spiritual lesson, that is of submission to the will and the order of God.

God’s order is that the husband is the head of the wife as God is the head of Christ, but there is no inequality or inferiority implied. God and Christ are equal and united, just as the husband and the wife are one. That bible verse teaches God’s order and spiritual headship in the marriage relationship. In the Corinthian culture, a woman who covered her head during worship or when she was in public displayed her submission to authority.

In today’s culture, we no longer view a woman’s wearing of a head covering as a sign of submission. In most modern societies, scarves and hats are fashion accessories. A woman has the choice to wear a head covering if she views it as a sign of her submission to the authority of her husband. However, it is a personal choice and not something that should be used to judge spirituality. The real issue here is the heart attitude of obedience to God’s authority and submission to His established order “as to the LORD.
Re: Covenant University CBT Centre Denies Candidates Wearing Hijab From Writing Mock by Encyclopedia1: 8:56pm On Apr 02, 2023
edoairways:

1 Corinthians 11:3-16 addresses the issue of women and head coverings. The context of the entire passage of 1 Corinthians 11:3-16 is submission to the God-given order and "chain of command." A "covering" on a woman’s head is used as an illustration of the order, headship, and the authority of God. The key verse of this passage is 1 Corinthians 11:3 "But I want you to know that the head of every man is Christ, the head of woman is man, and the head of Christ is God." The implications of this verse are found in the rest of the passage. The order is: God the Father, God the Son, the man or husband, and the woman or wife. The veil or covering on the head of a believing Corinthian wife showed that she was under the authority of her husband, and therefore under submission to God.

Within this passage is also verse 10: "For this reason the woman ought to have a symbol of authority on her head, because of the angels." Why is that important to angels? The relationship of God with men is something that angels watch and learn from (1 Peter 1:12). Therefore, a woman’s submission to God’s delegated authority over her is an example to angels. The holy angels, who are in perfect and total submission to God, expect that we, as followers of Christ,( Christians )be the same.

This covering not only means a cloth but also can refer to a woman’s hair length. How can we say that? We must take this verse in the context or the setting in which it is presented. "Does not even nature itself teach you that if a man has long hair, it is a dishonor to him? But if a woman has long hair, it is a glory to her; for her hair is given to her for a covering" (1 Corinthians 11:14-15). Therefore, in the context of this passage, a woman who is wearing her hair ( not weavon but natural hair)longer marks herself out distinctively as a woman and not a man. The Apostle Paul who wrote this bible verse you quoted is saying here that in the Corinthian culture, when a wife’s hair was longer than her husband’s, it showed her submission to his headship. The roles of the male and female are designed by God to portray a profound spiritual lesson, that is of submission to the will and the order of God.

God’s order is that the husband is the head of the wife as God is the head of Christ, but there is no inequality or inferiority implied. God and Christ are equal and united, just as the husband and the wife are one. That bible verse teaches God’s order and spiritual headship in the marriage relationship. In the Corinthian culture, a woman who covered her head during worship or when she was in public displayed her submission to authority.

In today’s culture, we no longer view a woman’s wearing of a head covering as a sign of submission. In most modern societies, scarves and hats are fashion accessories. A woman has the choice to wear a head covering if she views it as a sign of her submission to the authority of her husband. However, it is a personal choice and not something that should be used to judge spirituality. The real issue here is the heart attitude of obedience to God’s authority and submission to His established order “as to the LORD.
Christians can lie!!!!!! So what is written in the Bible plain words means something different now abi? Dey Play.
Re: Covenant University CBT Centre Denies Candidates Wearing Hijab From Writing Mock by edoairways: 9:16pm On Apr 02, 2023
Encyclopedia1:

Christians can lie!!!!!! So what is written in the Bible plain words means something different now abi? Dey Play.
You see why most you Muslims are just ignorant even with a detailed explanation. Well I wouldn't blame you since you practice religion not understanding and personal relationship with God
Re: Covenant University CBT Centre Denies Candidates Wearing Hijab From Writing Mock by Akinfolarin9: 8:48am On Apr 27, 2023
Mamaafrik1:
they were not post,they chosen the school out of options.
Why chosen a school only to want to upturn their rules.
Are christain not obeying sharing rules??,is it only islam that must be the disobeying one??
Bro seem you dont know how jamb work these days i work at a tutorial and cbt center up until last year and believe me when i tell you this you can only pick the vicinity you want not the actual center or date,every candidate will be posted at random.
Ask any jambite around you.
N.B: the matter has been resolved that day tho i heard the security man was sacked
Re: Covenant University CBT Centre Denies Candidates Wearing Hijab From Writing Mock by Akinfolarin9: 9:02am On Apr 27, 2023
Encyclopedia1:

Ok I'd say I'm partially offended by you saying "christians can lie" thereby generalizing
Im a Christian but i fully understand that every religion has their norms so you need not argue with some Christians who already have hatred of muslims at heart
The school authorities have address the issue
Such act is compromising to national peace a cbt centre is not a religious organisations but a national exam centre and as long as islam is a legal religion i dont see why their rather modest way of dressing should hinder them from taking their exams
An issue of security was brought up about bombing but what i hbe to say is there are metal detector with the security men so i dont really think thats much of an issue since a bomb can be hidden in a jacket even if hijab is banned for security reasons

1 Like

Re: Covenant University CBT Centre Denies Candidates Wearing Hijab From Writing Mock by Akinfolarin9: 9:18am On Apr 27, 2023
Komu1048:

Please is it hijab that make one a Muslim or is Muslim that make hijab. Cox the way Muslim go around to foment trouble with this hijab nonsense ehn.
Bro it is part of their dressing period
Why do we have problem with the way other people dress when it is not indecent?as a Christian no one can mandate me on what to wear or what no to wear as long as I'm not promoting public indecency like wise the muslims have this right too
This is a diverse country and a CBT centre is not a Christian/muslim establishment its a national exam centre which means all the different people of nigeria have the right as long as dressing isn't indecent and thr abide my the rules stated on the exam slip which does not include removal of hijab
Even when registering for important things like NIN they are not required to remove the hijab as long as the face shows properly
Re: Covenant University CBT Centre Denies Candidates Wearing Hijab From Writing Mock by Mamaafrik1(m): 9:51am On Apr 27, 2023
Akinfolarin9:

Bro seem you dont know how jamb work these days i work at a tutorial and cbt center up until last year and believe me when i tell you this you can only pick the vicinity you want not the actual center or date,every candidate will be posted at random.
Ask any jambite around you.
N.B: the matter has been resolved that day tho i heard the security man was sacked
It is a lie the security man can't be sack,gimme proof.

Is it not rather stupid for her to have chosen a christain school to write the CBT.

Let me ask you,is it right for Sharia police to destroy Non muslims Alcohol in sharia law governed states??
Let me see if will run or not be an hypocrite.
Re: Covenant University CBT Centre Denies Candidates Wearing Hijab From Writing Mock by Akinfolarin9: 10:39am On Apr 27, 2023
Mamaafrik1:

Is it not rather stupid for her to have chosen a christain school to write the CBT.

Let me ask you,is it right for Sharia police to destroy Non muslims Alcohol in sharia law governed states??
You don't get the point
Its not right for the sharia police to destroy non-muslim school normally I'm not disputing that we aren't in a Muslim only/Christian only country so such act is a crime
Make your research i have been in this education system not a 1 year thing NO CANDIDATE CAN CHOOSE HIS/HER CENTRE
You can only choose vicinity and your preferred university choice for admission
Search for jambs statement on the issue online and see how the school authorities denies every giving such instruction to the security men because they know it is not right
This is a simple exam not an avenue for religious turmoil
Re: Covenant University CBT Centre Denies Candidates Wearing Hijab From Writing Mock by Akinfolarin9: 10:51am On Apr 27, 2023
Mamaafrik1:

I know we all have our opinion amd nothing you say would change the minds of people online but my stand is
Is the dressing indecent?
Security risk can be avoided with the use of metal detectors(which is available to the security men already) besides a bomb could be hidden in a jacket or hoodie anyway so should all these be banned also?
Re: Covenant University CBT Centre Denies Candidates Wearing Hijab From Writing Mock by Mamaafrik1(m): 1:18pm On Apr 27, 2023
Akinfolarin9:

You don't get the point
Its not right for the sharia police to destroy non-muslim school normally I'm not disputing that we aren't in a Muslim only/Christian only country so such act is a crime
Make your research i have been in this education system not a 1 year thing NO CANDIDATE CAN CHOOSE HIS/HER CENTRE
You can only choose vicinity and your preferred university choice for admission
Search for jambs statement on the issue online and see how the school authorities denies every giving such instruction to the security men because they know it is not right
This is a simple exam not an avenue for religious turmoil
Why are Muslim not condemning criminality in the of sharia??
Why have you not condemned Nairand for introducing "swearing "to Islamic before engaging Islamic thread while Christian and other religions are left for all diks and abuse??
WHY HAVE YOU NOT TALKED??
Is it not hypocritical on your part?
Re: Covenant University CBT Centre Denies Candidates Wearing Hijab From Writing Mock by Akinfolarin9: 4:06pm On Apr 27, 2023
Mamaafrik1:

Why are Muslim not condemning criminality in the of sharia??
Why have you not condemned Nairand for introducing "swearing "to Islamic before engaging Islamic thread while Christian and other religions are left for all diks and abuse??
WHY HAVE YOU NOT TALKED??
Is it not hypocritical on your part?
What is right is right and what is wrong is wrong thats my point of view it doesn't matter the religion of the person involved
I am airing my point of view i am against any movement that harms Christians also in the name of our religion
I know only one law and thats the national constitution of nigeria
You are the one being hypocritical because we would equally call out a muslim university cbt center that infringed the right of a candidate to write jamb over not wearing hijab.
We would call them out and seek both jamb and the governments intervention.
My argument is not one sided so before you throw words like hypocrisy around understand what i wrote first
And concerning nairaland,thats not a national issue this is a private site. Just take it up with the mods
Re: Covenant University CBT Centre Denies Candidates Wearing Hijab From Writing Mock by Mamaafrik1(m): 4:55pm On Apr 27, 2023
Akinfolarin9:

What is right is right and what is wrong is wrong thats my point of view it doesn't matter the religion of the person involved
I am airing my point of view i am against any movement that harms Christians also in the name of our religion
I know only one law and thats the national constitution of nigeria
You are the one being hypocritical because we would equally call out a muslim university cbt center that infringed the right of a candidate to write jamb over not wearing hijab.
We would call them out and seek both jamb and the governments intervention.
My argument is not one sided so before you throw words like hypocrisy around understand what i wrote first
And concerning nairaland,thats not a national issue this is a private site. Just take it up with the mods
now you can go and rest.Islam is its only enemy.
Violence in Islam started from Muhammad its self.
What does Jihad mean??
Why was His grandson beheaded??
Re: Covenant University CBT Centre Denies Candidates Wearing Hijab From Writing Mock by Encyclopedia1: 11:47pm On Apr 27, 2023
Akinfolarin9:

Ok I'd say I'm partially offended by you saying "christians can lie" thereby generalizing
Im a Christian but i fully understand that every religion has their norms so you need not argue with some Christians who already have hatred of muslims at heart
The school authorities have address the issue
Such act is compromising to national peace a cbt centre is not a religious organisations but a national exam centre and as long as islam is a legal religion i dont see why their rather modest way of dressing should hinder them from taking their exams
An issue of security was brought up about bombing but what i hbe to say is there are metal detector with the security men so i dont really think thats much of an issue since a bomb can be hidden in a jacket even if hijab is banned for security reasons
I will start by apologizing for what I have said. In as much as it is true, I guess I should have been more diplomatic with my words.
I love your unbiased analysis. God bless you.

1 Like

Re: Covenant University CBT Centre Denies Candidates Wearing Hijab From Writing Mock by Encyclopedia1: 11:49pm On Apr 27, 2023
Mamaafrik1:
What does Jihad mean??
If violence started from Muhammed then who were the Crusaders?
What’s the meaning of Crusade?
What did the Bible say about killing enemies?
I hope you will reply with all honesty and will not runway.
Re: Covenant University CBT Centre Denies Candidates Wearing Hijab From Writing Mock by Mamaafrik1(m): 1:37am On Apr 28, 2023
Encyclopedia1:

If violence started from Muhammed then who were the Crusaders?
What’s the meaning of Crusade?
What did the Bible say about killing enemies?
I hope you will reply with all honesty and will not runway.
Hahaha,you are trying to be smart by showing your lack of History.

You yourself know it is an embarrassing to answer those questions, that is the islam that you claim to follow.
Jihad is to kill infidels ,crusade started because of the same Jihad that took place in Turkey

https://www.degruyter.com/document/doi/10.31826/9781463211158-004/html

Now answer my two earlier questions?
Re: Covenant University CBT Centre Denies Candidates Wearing Hijab From Writing Mock by Akinfolarin9: 7:33am On Apr 28, 2023
Mamaafrik1:
What does Jihad mean??
Sir we are talking about dressing here and it is not indecent
People from both religion have slayed people end of story
Re: Covenant University CBT Centre Denies Candidates Wearing Hijab From Writing Mock by Akinfolarin9: 7:57am On Apr 28, 2023
Mamaafrik1:

You yourself know it is an embarrassing to answer those questions, that is the islam that you claim to follow.
Jihad is to kill infidels ,crusade started because of the same Jihad that took place in Turkey

Lol and what did the bible say about infidelity?they were once also punished by being stoned to death or casted out of society according to the first law which was from the old testament
My question is how does the hijab affect us?
As a believer i want to win souls for the Christian fold but at the same time i have to be cautious because of national peace(this is a diverse country)as that would be the same as discrimination on an ethinicity basis
Read about what the bible said about the leaders/authority in a country
Give what is ceasars to ceasar(in essence obey the government on a moral ground)
Re: Covenant University CBT Centre Denies Candidates Wearing Hijab From Writing Mock by Mamaafrik1(m): 8:12am On Apr 28, 2023
Akinfolarin9:

Lol and what did the bible say about infidelity?they were once also punished by being stoned to death or casted out of society according to the first law which was from the old testament
As a believer i want to win souls for the Christian fold but at the same time i have to be cautious because of national peace(this is a diverse country)as that would be the same as discrimination on an ethinicity basis
Give what is ceasars to ceasar(in essence obey the government on a moral ground)
No bro,christ told us to accept people's wrong doing for love and not for stupidity.
Islam and violence can never be separated.
It's is in their foundation, Mohammed approved Jihad, beat his own wife and his followers killer his grandson after his death.

I have been challenged for entering a mosque because I wore Redeemed hand band .
I have challenged for touching Quran but all these things we permit they can't take 1/5 of it.

I don't know if you are a christain but try wear Christians attire to crescent University
Re: Covenant University CBT Centre Denies Candidates Wearing Hijab From Writing Mock by Mamaafrik1(m): 8:28am On Apr 28, 2023
Akinfolarin9:

Lol and what did the bible say about infidelity? They were once also punished by being stoned to death or cast out of society according to the first law which was from the old testament
As a believer, I want to win souls for the Christian fold but at the same time I have to be cautious because of national peace(this is a diverse country)as that would be the same as discrimination on an ethnic basis
Give what is ceasars to Ceasar (in essence obey the government on a moral ground)
No bro, Christ told us to accept people's wrongdoing for love and not for stupidity.
Islam and violence can never be separated.
It is in their foundation, Mohammed approved Jihad, beat his wife and his followers killed his grandson after his death.

I have been challenged for entering a mosque because I wore a Redeemed hand band.
I have been challenged for touching Quran but all these things we permit can't take 1/5 of it.

I don't know if you are a Christian but try to wear Christian attire to Crescent University

https://www.nairaland.com/3025226/christian-lady-being-killed-muslims
https://www.nairaland.com/6773140/muslim-mob-kills-pastor-razes
https://www.nairaland.com/3147496/woman-murdered-blasphemy-islam-truly
https://www.nairaland.com/3989205/muslim-cleric-arrested-calling-non

https://www.nairaland.com/6771353/pastor-shaibu-butchered-death-muslim/9
https://www.nairaland.com/3304418/8-killed-zamfara-over-blasphemy/14

https://www.nairaland.com/46741/gombe-muslim-students-put-me/12

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-61691819.amp

Click on those links, those are the incidents that gave birth to Crusade in the Middle East and Europe.
Imagine what would have happened to Israel if they had followed your funny "turn the left cheek mentality "

Christianity is not foolishness , they even kill and posterize whoever converts away from Islam and bribe people for fake conversion.
If you are a Christian, you need to read your Bible well and your history book because you seem not well grounded in it and if you are a Muslim I pray for almighty God to show you the true way.
Re: Covenant University CBT Centre Denies Candidates Wearing Hijab From Writing Mock by Encyclopedia1: 9:11am On Apr 28, 2023
Mamaafrik1:

Now I know you don’t really understand is and for real I’ll not be the one to teach you. Go and read about the massacres done by the church on innocent people.
I’m done!!!!!
Re: Covenant University CBT Centre Denies Candidates Wearing Hijab From Writing Mock by Mamaafrik1(m): 11:36am On Apr 28, 2023
Encyclopedia1:

Now I know you don’t really understand is and for real I’ll not be the one to teach you. Go and read about the massacres done by the church on innocent people.
I’m done!!!!!
I asked you two questions you can't answer.
Who beheaded Mohammed Grandson?
What Is the meaning of Jihad?

I have been challenged for entering a mosque because I wore a Redeemed hand band.
I have been challenged for touching Quran but all these things we permit can't take 1/5 of it.

I don't know if you are a Christian but try to wear Christian attire to Crescent University

https://www.nairaland.com/3025226/christian-lady-being-killed-muslims
https://www.nairaland.com/6773140/muslim-mob-kills-pastor-razes
https://www.nairaland.com/3147496/woman-murdered-blasphemy-islam-truly
https://www.nairaland.com/3989205/muslim-cleric-arrested-calling-non

https://www.nairaland.com/6771353/pastor-shaibu-butchered-death-muslim/9
https://www.nairaland.com/3304418/8-killed-zamfara-over-blasphemy/14

https://www.nairaland.com/46741/gombe-muslim-students-put-me/12

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-61691819.amp

Click on those links, those are the incidents that gave birth to Crusade in the Middle East and Europe.
Imagine what would have happened to Israel if they had followed your funny "turn the left cheek mentality "

Christianity is not foolishness , they even kill and posterize whoever converts away from Islam and bribe people for fake conversion.
If you are a Christian, you need to read your Bible well and your history book because you seem not well grounded in it and if you are a Muslim I pray for almighty God to show you the true way.

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply)

Throwback Picture Of A 1946 History Exam Question Paper / Sapele Schoolgirl, Success Turns "Special Adviser" / Which Institution Has The Highest Number Of Runz Babes?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.