Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,361 members, 7,819,300 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:59 PM

Covenant University CBT Centre Denies Candidates Wearing Hijab From Writing Mock - Education (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Covenant University CBT Centre Denies Candidates Wearing Hijab From Writing Mock (52504 Views)

International School, University Of Ibadan Suspends Student For Wearing Hijab / Muslim Girls Suspended From Isolo Secondary School Lagos For Wearing Hijab / The 5 Muslim Students Suspended For Wearing Hijab To School In Lagos (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Covenant University CBT Centre Denies Candidates Wearing Hijab From Writing Mock by otunbabadok(m): 8:45pm On Mar 31, 2023
SAMUEL1947:
Hijab not allowed in exam hall, humbly removed it. Teach them the way of God not to disrespect elders. Be obedient

So they can disobey their God in obedience to your whims?
Re: Covenant University CBT Centre Denies Candidates Wearing Hijab From Writing Mock by BetterHeadline: 8:47pm On Mar 31, 2023
Encyclopedia1:

Oponu, u think we be like una?
"Non—Arabs who without shame, called themselves Muslims are just plain converts whom are lowly cowards with unhonourable souls that were overwhelmed with ease by the Swords of Allah, thus they deserved to be called as our Dogs."
Muhammad al-Arifi
Saudi Cleric
Re: Covenant University CBT Centre Denies Candidates Wearing Hijab From Writing Mock by oloyedewaris(m): 9:01pm On Mar 31, 2023
GoodIsGod:

Guy I've got very close Muslim friends. I just parted with one of some minutes ago. We've been together since morning.

It is not about Hate.

If I have anything to do on a Muslim playing ground, if the rule is that I should remove my shoes I would remove it. Exams or not. Removing my shoes won't for the period exam won't kill me.

Let peace you proclaim your religion has show.

Every sane mind knows that reverse is the case concerning your slogan
Islam is a Religion of peace.

CHRISTIANS don't have to say Christianity is a religion of peace yet, world over it is a known fact Christianity is peaceful.

Everything should not be about fight and agitation.

This is strictly educational,

Why can't they suspend their religious rules just for the moment they write exam. If removing the shoe is for educational purpose as partaining to my exam, I will gladly remove it

Why are you saying Muslim student should remove hijab so peace would reign, if CU allowed them with hijab, will heaven fall, or will peace not reign

Why is it hard for them to allow them wear a piece of cloth, when they were only posted there and or didn't they pay for jamb

All for just a day

1 Like

Re: Covenant University CBT Centre Denies Candidates Wearing Hijab From Writing Mock by BetterHeadline: 9:06pm On Mar 31, 2023
oloyedewaris:

Yes it's part of my cloth, removing it is just as telling me to be unclad

You should read up on the history of hijab. Your situation is just like that of a black person who refuses to let go off the chain of slavery, calling it an accessory.
Re: Covenant University CBT Centre Denies Candidates Wearing Hijab From Writing Mock by oloyedewaris(m): 9:49pm On Mar 31, 2023
steeltrust:
who says you say remove your clothes and be naked

Now I know you’re not normal
If as a Muslim lady you dressed modest without covering your whole body shabi the person go die

Thank na oyedepo school lemme see how you bend him to your rules
Let me see you cry marginalization or islamization when Christians are not allowed to write exam in an Islamic center until they wear hijab

1 Like

Re: Covenant University CBT Centre Denies Candidates Wearing Hijab From Writing Mock by GoodIsGod: 10:01pm On Mar 31, 2023
oloyedewaris:

This is strictly educational,

Why can't they suspend their religious rules just for the moment they write exam. If removing the shoe is for educational purpose as partaining to my exam, I will gladly remove it

Why are you saying Muslim student should remove hijab so peace would reign, if CU allowed them with hijab, will heaven fall, or will peace not reign

Why is it hard for them to allow them wear a piece of cloth, when they were only posted there and or didn't they pay for jamb

All for just a day

It is easy for you to defend your fellow Muslims.
What is so special and hard to do to remove that piece of cloth if they are not looking for trouble.
You are the ones that will fight for hijab against the code of dressing of Lawyers, Immigration, Police etc.
Na your religion alone dey naija?
Abegi !

Goodnight

1 Like

Re: Covenant University CBT Centre Denies Candidates Wearing Hijab From Writing Mock by oloyedewaris(m): 10:08pm On Mar 31, 2023
GoodIsGod:

It is easy for you to defend your fellow Muslims.
What is so special and hard to do to remove that piece of cloth if they are not looking for trouble.
You are the ones that will fight for hijab against the code of dressing of Lawyers, Immigration, Police etc.
Na your religion alone dey naija?
Abegi !

Goodnight

Yes there is dress code for lawyers and other professions, but no such dress code for jamb student
Re: Covenant University CBT Centre Denies Candidates Wearing Hijab From Writing Mock by GoodIsGod: 10:46pm On Mar 31, 2023
oloyedewaris:

Yes there is dress code for lawyers and other professions, but no such dress code for jamb student

So why is MURIC fighting for hijab for lawyers and the police

It's okay
Sleep well
Re: Covenant University CBT Centre Denies Candidates Wearing Hijab From Writing Mock by edoairways: 11:27pm On Mar 31, 2023
Realists:

Your hypocrisy stinks down the pit of hell, present your facts with evidence not village square gist. You christains want to go to heaven but won't dress like the way Mary Mother of Jesus dress's but prefer Olosho dressing due to devil worship.
Some of you Muslims are limited in knowledge about Christianity. Christianity doesn't support Hjab way of dressing to begin with rather modesty is the key. However, many Muslim fantastics are quick to quote verses from the bible that they don't understand .
Re: Covenant University CBT Centre Denies Candidates Wearing Hijab From Writing Mock by Encyclopedia1: 11:37pm On Mar 31, 2023
spiralwedge:

Not allowed too.

🤣🤣🤣🤣 hypocrite
Re: Covenant University CBT Centre Denies Candidates Wearing Hijab From Writing Mock by Encyclopedia1: 11:43pm On Mar 31, 2023
edoairways:

Some of you Muslims are limited in knowledge about Christianity. Christianity doesn't support Hjab way of dressing to begin with rather modesty is the key. However, many Muslim fantastics are quick to quote verses from the bible that they don't understand .

Show us the modesty in church. Did Jesus preach modesty in dressing or for u to cover ur head as a female. The says:

1 Corinthians 11:6

For if a wife will not cover her head, then she should cut her hair short. But since it is disgraceful for a wife to cut off her hair or shave her head, let her cover her head.

Deuteronomy 22:5

“A woman shall not wear a man's garment, nor shall a man put on a woman's cloak, for whoever does these things is an abomination to the Lord your God.

Now you guys can see why Muslims are more Christian than the Christians.

U don’t read ur Bible. U hide under “The Grace” which ur pastors lie about.

Shiooorrrr.
Re: Covenant University CBT Centre Denies Candidates Wearing Hijab From Writing Mock by spiralwedge(m): 11:44pm On Mar 31, 2023
Encyclopedia1:

🤣🤣🤣🤣 hypocrite

I really can’t help you…. Sorry. I don’t think you understand what that word means.

Best way for you understand it is that you won’t accept footwears into your mosque, so why are demanding that the rules be bent for you elsewhere? Now, that’s the meaning of hypocrisy… and in this case, you are hypocrite.
Re: Covenant University CBT Centre Denies Candidates Wearing Hijab From Writing Mock by Encyclopedia1: 11:45pm On Mar 31, 2023
BetterHeadline:

You should read up on the history of hijab. Your situation is just like that of a black person who refuses to let go off the chain of slavery, calling it an accessory.

Ode, what did Mary mother of Jesus put on when she was alive and all the pix of (supposed) her that u have been seeing?

1 Like

Re: Covenant University CBT Centre Denies Candidates Wearing Hijab From Writing Mock by abdullahi45: 12:08am On Apr 01, 2023
Re: Covenant University CBT Centre Denies Candidates Wearing Hijab From Writing Mock by abdullahi45: 12:19am On Apr 01, 2023
SmallDick99:
Which religious freedom?

Are you aware that their are Islamic states in this same nigeria? Ran by sharia laws, with literally no religious freedom to others.

Yesterday hisbah destroyed alcoholic drinks in Kano, I'm almost sure those where owned by Southern Christians living in Kano but I'm sure u won't see any wrong with those acts.

Muslims should be the last people clamoring for any religious freedom any where in the world, cause you guys are bunch of bigoted religious clowns.

Christians are 100 time more tolerable than Muslims and u can't deny that.

Islam is a cancer to the world and should not be permitted in any progressive environment.

Period!!

While I do not support any act of oppression against any faith or tribe. It's quite unfortunate you used the same brush to paint everyone. The issue at hand is of a student being denied her fundamental right to a national exam because of her faith, that's nothing but intolerant. Again, like I said earlier if CU was not willing to welcome all students regardless of their faiths, then they have no business hosting a national exam.
Re: Covenant University CBT Centre Denies Candidates Wearing Hijab From Writing Mock by abdullahi45: 12:22am On Apr 01, 2023
padi94:

Yes it's a church... It's called Canaan land. CU is just inside. Its a prayer ground and you know how sacrosanct Muslim prayer grounds are. You don't just walk in there dressed anyhow.

If that is the case, then I don't think CU has any business hosting a national exam or better still ask Jamb to only recommend Christian students to their center. Exam centers should be accessible to everyone regardless of their religious beliefs.
Re: Covenant University CBT Centre Denies Candidates Wearing Hijab From Writing Mock by Mamaafrik1(m): 12:26am On Apr 01, 2023
AbuAeesha:

good question.

have you really been following islamic posts on NL.
do you not see how the non-muslims constitute nuisance on the post(almost every post) whereas you rarely find such instances regarding christian posts.
there is no doubt that there is more Christian posts that Islamic post on NL.
thank u
I want to ask,do Muslim post nonsensic post and attack Christianity and christ on Nairaland??
Re: Covenant University CBT Centre Denies Candidates Wearing Hijab From Writing Mock by Mamaafrik1(m): 12:35am On Apr 01, 2023
Emir01:

That's not tenable, which type of society do you want to create. Posting is not done by religion . Best thing is to move the centre to another place.
and deny Christians of their scholastic right,NO ,they either remove their hijab and ọbẹ̀y the school rule or ask jamb to post them to cresent or other islamic universities
The school was built from Christians sweat , tithe and offering,fools who wants to claim equal right at should not go to covenant University, they had other schools.
Do you feel it is not wrong for Nairaland to remove the" swear to Allah " on islamic thread and also frown at hisban and sharia law meted on Christians in Northern Nigeria?
Except those,any one who supported such move is just An idiot and a stupid hypocrite
Re: Covenant University CBT Centre Denies Candidates Wearing Hijab From Writing Mock by Stone03: 1:33am On Apr 01, 2023
Biodun556:

Covenant university should not have applied to host government exams. It is jamb that post students there as jamb center

If you like be deceiving yourself with illogical reasoning.
Re: Covenant University CBT Centre Denies Candidates Wearing Hijab From Writing Mock by padi94(m): 1:50am On Apr 01, 2023
abdullahi45:

If that is the case, then I don't think CU has any business hosting a national exam or better still ask Jamb to only recommend Christian students to their center. Exam centers should be accessible to everyone regardless of their religious beliefs.

You're the one getting it twisted, nobody tells her to change her religion... Don't wear the Hijab inside there finish... If not leave. Same with Muslim Institutions that says grls must wear Hijab to access their facilities.
Re: Covenant University CBT Centre Denies Candidates Wearing Hijab From Writing Mock by Microwhy: 3:36am On Apr 01, 2023
BetterHeadline:

You asked for tolerance and at the same time called other people stupid. Typical muslim.

Christians don't adopt any dress code, and Mary's dressing portrayed the way people dressed back then ( checked the way Jesus's dressing is also portrayed for reference.) And their dressing had more to do with the climate than religion.

By the way, we like and prefer our half naked girls- more likable and preferable to your muslim girls that dress in bondage called hijab.
Still senseless..
What is back then? What is bondage called hijab?
What about the nuns? They choose to follow the true path aside not marrying which eventually lead them to wearing extremely similar thing to hijab.
What is the difference between Israel climate and the one we have?
Israel's climate is characterized by hot summers and mild winters
Christianity keep leading the youths to perdition, telling them everything is fine.
Modern Christianity is trash and so irritating.
Thats how you keep encouraging yourselves, look at the rubbish reason you're giving about Mary's dressing.
If Christianity should be preach in its pure form to the yeye youths, it will become empty. Everything as changed in Christianity compared to its true teachings.
Besides, Muslims are not begging for tolerance, Islam is the one tolerating Christianity. Only a true son of the soil can tolerate not a stranger.
God have send a last messenger to perfect a religion for you, teach you how to worship, praise and invoke. but what you lots choose to do is to disobey just like the way the Jews disobeyed and continue to believe in Judaism and not Christianity.
Continue to let Western media tell you about Islam and don't go carry books and read, lazy youth.
Re: Covenant University CBT Centre Denies Candidates Wearing Hijab From Writing Mock by abdullahi45: 5:12am On Apr 01, 2023
padi94:

You're the one getting it twisted, nobody tells her to change her religion... Don't wear the Hijab inside there finish... If not leave. Same with Muslim Institutions that says grls must wear Hijab to access their facilities.

You are the one not getting it here man. Her hijab is part of her religious identity. Not sure I know of such, I only know that certain Muslim schools make it obligatory for students and not non-muslim visitors.
Re: Covenant University CBT Centre Denies Candidates Wearing Hijab From Writing Mock by abdullahi45: 5:15am On Apr 01, 2023
TenQ:

I don't know how some people reason!
Muslims and hooliganism!

As a Christian woman, I enrol in Al Hikmah Islamic university as a student and I insist on not covering my head in their school. Is that not witchcraft!?

What are you not getting here. Those kids aren't enrolled in CU, they only went for a national exam, hence your argument here is faulty.
Re: Covenant University CBT Centre Denies Candidates Wearing Hijab From Writing Mock by Encyclopedia1: 6:33am On Apr 01, 2023
BetterHeadline:

U de play abi
Re: Covenant University CBT Centre Denies Candidates Wearing Hijab From Writing Mock by Encyclopedia1: 6:35am On Apr 01, 2023
abdullahi45:

What are you not getting here. Those kids aren't enrolled in CU, they only went for a national exam, hence your argument here is faulty.
She doesn’t understand. I just got to know that most Christians don’t read before they talk. How did they ever pass?

1 Like

Re: Covenant University CBT Centre Denies Candidates Wearing Hijab From Writing Mock by Encyclopedia1: 6:38am On Apr 01, 2023
Microwhy:

Still senseless..
What is back then? What is bondage called hijab?
What about the nuns? They choose to follow the true path aside not marrying which eventually lead them to wearing extremely similar thing to hijab.
What is the difference between Israel climate and the one we have?
Israel's climate is characterized by hot summers and mild winters
Christianity keep leading the youths to perdition, telling them everything is fine.
Modern Christianity is trash and so irritating.
Thats how you keep encouraging yourselves, look at the rubbish reason you're giving about Mary's dressing.
If Christianity should be preach in its pure form to the yeye youths, it will become empty. Everything as changed in Christianity compared to its true teachings.
Besides, Muslims are not begging for tolerance, Islam is the one tolerating Christianity. Only a true son of the soil can tolerate not a stranger.
God have send a last messenger to perfect a religion for you, teach you how to worship, praise and invoke. but what you lots choose to do is to disobey just like the way the Jews disobeyed and continue to believe in Judaism and not Christianity.
Continue to let Western media tell you about Islam and don't go carry books and read, lazy youth.

Ah oponu. Hijab is not about climate or climatic condition of an area sir. It is a divine law for Muslims in their holy book like it is for Christians to believe that 1+1+1=1. If u don’t get it, forget about it.
Re: Covenant University CBT Centre Denies Candidates Wearing Hijab From Writing Mock by TenQ: 6:39am On Apr 01, 2023
abdullahi45:

Are you saying that it is possible for a lady to go to Al-Hikmah University or Crescent University for the same kind of exam without covering her hair?

Yes or No?
Re: Covenant University CBT Centre Denies Candidates Wearing Hijab From Writing Mock by AbuAeesha: 7:03am On Apr 01, 2023
Mamaafrik1:
I want to ask,do Muslim post nonsensic post and attack Christianity and christ on Nairaland??
Kindly go through my previous comment again
Re: Covenant University CBT Centre Denies Candidates Wearing Hijab From Writing Mock by steeltrust: 7:41am On Apr 01, 2023
oloyedewaris:

Let me see you cry marginalization or islamization when Christians are not allowed to write exam in an Islamic center until they wear hijab
that what I’m saying
I know the Christian’s to obey rules in as much they get what they needed to be done and go home but you see Muslim they will want to force you to make you drop your rules and obey theirs
And if you don’t they start intimidation and blackmail, who does that. That unfair
Why not just obey their rules tie a scarf on their their head, dress modest, write the exam and go. Must you force your way of life or religion on people. I trust oyedepo em go give ona wotowoto

You have brain think with it
Re: Covenant University CBT Centre Denies Candidates Wearing Hijab From Writing Mock by abdullahi45: 8:09am On Apr 01, 2023
TenQ:

Are you saying that it is possible for a lady to go to Al-Hikmah University or Crescent University for the same kind of exam without covering her hair?

Yes or No?

Of course.
Re: Covenant University CBT Centre Denies Candidates Wearing Hijab From Writing Mock by padi94(m): 8:19am On Apr 01, 2023
abdullahi45:

You are the one not getting it here man. Her hijab is part of her religious identity. Not sure I know of such, I only know that certain Muslim schools make it obligatory for students and not non-muslim visitors.

That means you know nothing about your religion even the elites that brought the religion to you most of their children don't wear the Hijab or carry it on their head Like you people. Na Una dey decieve Una self.
Re: Covenant University CBT Centre Denies Candidates Wearing Hijab From Writing Mock by BetterHeadline: 9:34am On Apr 01, 2023
Encyclopedia1:

Ode, what did Mary mother of Jesus put on when she was alive and all the pix of (supposed) her that u have been seeing?

Typical muslim! Can't even make a simple comment without showing us his terroristic nature.
Firstly, what Mary, all the other women, and the men put on when they were alive were simple cloths with a simple scarf around their heads used to protect themselves from sand storms because they were living close to the desert. Their descendants today don't wear the scarfs (or only do occasionally) because their land have been de-desertified.

Secondly, If you have seen the portrait of Mary and concluded that she was wearing that bondage called hijab, then you have a problem.

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply)

Police Arrests Adeyeye Olorunfemi, UNILAG Student Rusticated Over Facebook Post / 10 Powerful Quotes That Will Change the Way You Live and Think / 2013 Federal Government Scholarship Awards For Nigerian Students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.