Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,396 members, 7,819,411 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:53 PM

Covenant University CBT Centre Denies Candidates Wearing Hijab From Writing Mock - Education (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Covenant University CBT Centre Denies Candidates Wearing Hijab From Writing Mock (52507 Views)

International School, University Of Ibadan Suspends Student For Wearing Hijab / Muslim Girls Suspended From Isolo Secondary School Lagos For Wearing Hijab / The 5 Muslim Students Suspended For Wearing Hijab To School In Lagos (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Covenant University CBT Centre Denies Candidates Wearing Hijab From Writing Mock by Encyclopedia1: 2:50pm On Mar 31, 2023
I JUST GOT TO KNOW THAT WE NIGERIANS DONT LIKE READING.

MOST OF THE PEOPLE TALKING HERE DIDNT READ THE ARTICLE AT ALL.

SHE ISNT SEEKING ADMISSION INTO COVENANT UNIVERSITY. SHE WAS ONLY THERE FOR JAMB CBT. SHE PROBABLY PICKED A FEDERAL UNIVERSITY.

I GUESS U GUYS DONT UNDERSTAND WHAT CBT MEANS OR USED FOR.

CHRISTIANS ARE SOMETIMES TOO DUMB FOR MY LIKING.
Re: Covenant University CBT Centre Denies Candidates Wearing Hijab From Writing Mock by malvisguy212: 2:54pm On Mar 31, 2023
Encyclopedia1:

Oga read well. She didn’t apply to covenant. She is just there for CBT.
then it is safe to say she's not the only one taken to a center she did not like.

surly , there's probably some christians or pagan taken to places they did not like. why this people did not cry foul play ? why na only muslims sabi cause confussion in d society ? haba
Re: Covenant University CBT Centre Denies Candidates Wearing Hijab From Writing Mock by Encyclopedia1: 3:03pm On Mar 31, 2023
malvisguy212:
then it is safe to say she's not the only one taken to a center she did not like.

surly , there's probably some christians or pagan taken to places they did not like. why this people did not cry foul play ? why na only muslims sabi cause confussion in d society ? haba

Rara, una de wear cloth for Christiandom?
Re: Covenant University CBT Centre Denies Candidates Wearing Hijab From Writing Mock by Memeni(m): 3:05pm On Mar 31, 2023
They are terrorists. They shouldn't be allowed in the exam premises. Using religion as an excape route to bring "Mgbor" otherwise known as expo into the exam Hall. Remove ur hijab or u won't be allowed to wright that exam
Re: Covenant University CBT Centre Denies Candidates Wearing Hijab From Writing Mock by Zubi10(m): 3:11pm On Mar 31, 2023
SAMUEL1947:
Hijab not allowed in exam hall, humbly removed it. Teach them the way of God not to disrespect elders. Be obedient
see mumu post

2 Likes

Re: Covenant University CBT Centre Denies Candidates Wearing Hijab From Writing Mock by babz11(m): 3:18pm On Mar 31, 2023
bukatyne:
I trust Daddy Oyedepo to deal with the issue appropriately.

If a place has rules you can't abide by, stay clear.

I am 100% sure a Christian would not dispute wearing the hijab in a Islamic university if she has to.

In addition to the drama, knowing she might not live to tell the story would set her aright. undecided

You are not harming anyone but your own self. Haters of Islam need to understand that Islam is not religion of Arab. It is religion for everyone. When you embraces Islam, you become part of family no matter where you are. I admire that I’m part of that religion who represents every culture and race

1 Like

Re: Covenant University CBT Centre Denies Candidates Wearing Hijab From Writing Mock by babz11(m): 3:27pm On Mar 31, 2023
padi94:

I no dey think straight, if them fix that exam inside mosque, we know that no woman wil enter there without Hijab.

Ordinary nairaland here them dey tell us to swear say we believe in allah before we enter thread to comment.

Bro use ur brain covenant university not covenant church
And why will exam be fixed inside mosque,

1 Like

Re: Covenant University CBT Centre Denies Candidates Wearing Hijab From Writing Mock by babz11(m): 3:33pm On Mar 31, 2023
ThatFairGuy1:
All I'm seeing are Hypocritical comments.

It's JAMB I blame..

Why would they accredited a center that wouldn't allowing some religious mode of dressing for a national examination as this.

To those referencing Al Hikmah University, if they have a JAMB/WAEC/NECO or any other national examination centre and wouldn't allow people of other Faith to dress as their religion permit, JAMB should exclude their school as a center. Same with covenant.

This is national examination, they MUST carry everybody along as their faith prescribed

Thank you

1 Like

Re: Covenant University CBT Centre Denies Candidates Wearing Hijab From Writing Mock by oloyedewaris(m): 3:44pm On Mar 31, 2023
steeltrust:
in a Christian centre so respect it

Nun can not wear her regalia to a Muslim school where govt had a centre in a Muslim school

May ona respect people rules
Y’all are making the world unsafe with your intolerance
Tolerance by removing my cloth and exposing my body

I blame jamb, they shouldn't be accepting such religious places for exams like this

1 Like

Re: Covenant University CBT Centre Denies Candidates Wearing Hijab From Writing Mock by oloyedewaris(m): 3:45pm On Mar 31, 2023
abdullahi45:

I don't know why they find it difficult to comprehend that..
To expose my body by removing my cloth
Rubbish

Just because jamb gave me a Christian center to write my exam

2 Likes

Re: Covenant University CBT Centre Denies Candidates Wearing Hijab From Writing Mock by Tochj(m): 3:59pm On Mar 31, 2023
Encyclopedia1:

Really? Which cave are u from? Oh what if a nun goes to the exam hall in her way of dressing. Is that allowed?
What made her a Nun is not veil but what is inside her.
It's just a man-made laws
Have nothing to do with God
God is only interested you do good,love ur neighbors, and be modest.
If she is entering a mosque environment
And they insist she unveil
Is either she unveil or go home.
Re: Covenant University CBT Centre Denies Candidates Wearing Hijab From Writing Mock by padi94(m): 4:02pm On Mar 31, 2023
babz11:

Bro use ur brain covenant university not covenant church
And why will exam be fixed inside mosque,

This shows you don't know anything about the school or the Church... You don't know that the school was built inside the church abi?
Re: Covenant University CBT Centre Denies Candidates Wearing Hijab From Writing Mock by BetterHeadline: 4:03pm On Mar 31, 2023
oloyedewaris:

To expose my body by removing my cloth

Rubbish

Just because jamb gave me a Christian center to write my exam

No one is telling them to remove their cloths, only that bondage they call hijab.
Re: Covenant University CBT Centre Denies Candidates Wearing Hijab From Writing Mock by BetterHeadline: 4:13pm On Mar 31, 2023
babz11:

You are not harming anyone but your own self. Haters of Islam need to understand that Islam is not religion of Arab. It is religion for everyone. When you embraces Islam, you become part of family no matter where you are. I admire that I’m part of that religion who represents every culture and race

Not the religion of Arab, but you must face Saudi Arabia when you pray in order for your prayer to be accepted; you must travel to Saudi Arabia to circle around and bow down toward a black stone every year; you must only pray in arabic. Truly, it is not the religion of Arab at all.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Covenant University CBT Centre Denies Candidates Wearing Hijab From Writing Mock by bukatyne(f): 4:19pm On Mar 31, 2023
babz11:

Haters of Islam cheesy

I am harming myself? cheesy

Come up with better emotional blackmail.

If CU stopped an Ifa worshipper from entering with his Opele on his neck, would we become haters of traditional religion?

Abegi!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Covenant University CBT Centre Denies Candidates Wearing Hijab From Writing Mock by Encyclopedia1: 4:28pm On Mar 31, 2023
Tochj:

What made her a Nun is not veil but what is inside her.
It's just a man-made laws
Have nothing to do with God
God is only interested you do good,love ur neighbors, and be modest.
If she is entering a mosque environment
And they insist she unveil
Is either she unveil or go home.

The zoo u are living in still wouldn’t let u see
Re: Covenant University CBT Centre Denies Candidates Wearing Hijab From Writing Mock by Encyclopedia1: 4:34pm On Mar 31, 2023
BetterHeadline:

No one is telling them to remove their cloths, only that bondage they call hijab.

U can feel how myopic ur brain is?

1 Like

Re: Covenant University CBT Centre Denies Candidates Wearing Hijab From Writing Mock by Encyclopedia1: 4:35pm On Mar 31, 2023
BetterHeadline:

Not the religion of Arab, but you must face Saudi Arabia when you pray in order for your prayer to be accepted; you must travel to Saudi Arabia to circle around and bow down toward a black stone every year; you must only pray in arabic. Truly, it is not the religion of Arab at all.

Oponu, u think we be like una?
Re: Covenant University CBT Centre Denies Candidates Wearing Hijab From Writing Mock by Omoogara: 4:42pm On Mar 31, 2023
In first place since covenant university will not allow in the school premises. They shouldn't have accepted the jamb mock examination. because they should know that Muslim student will be posted to convenant university center. This is a national examination conducted by Jamb not convenant school. As a Christian I blame the school authority for accepting the offer from jamb to use the school as center since they're aware that not only christian candidate will be posted to that center. Islamic religion permit female adult to use hijab. We can't stop them. The school authority should know better.

2 Likes

Re: Covenant University CBT Centre Denies Candidates Wearing Hijab From Writing Mock by spiralwedge(m): 4:50pm On Mar 31, 2023
Encyclopedia1:

Really? Which cave are u from? Oh what if a nun goes to the exam hall in her way of dressing. Is that allowed?

Not allowed too.
Re: Covenant University CBT Centre Denies Candidates Wearing Hijab From Writing Mock by rickleye: 4:55pm On Mar 31, 2023
IMO ..
Dumb move.!!!
They came to take an exam and not attend Church. Would Jesus have done this ?
I just hope they also stopped the girls wearing cleavage revealing and skimpy outfits from entering.
What were you thinking ?
When the northerners retaliate you will not like it.
Re: Covenant University CBT Centre Denies Candidates Wearing Hijab From Writing Mock by spiralwedge(m): 4:57pm On Mar 31, 2023
Trouble-seeking hypocrites don full here. How can you want to force your own rules in an environment that has theirs. Whereas, you can’t take an inch of the long list you are demanding.

Nonsense
Re: Covenant University CBT Centre Denies Candidates Wearing Hijab From Writing Mock by babz11(m): 4:58pm On Mar 31, 2023
bukatyne:

Haters of Islam cheesy

If CU stopped an Ifa worshipper from entering with his Opele on his neck, would we become haters of traditional religion?

Abegi!
Odeep
you can't understand
Re: Covenant University CBT Centre Denies Candidates Wearing Hijab From Writing Mock by babz11(m): 4:59pm On Mar 31, 2023
bukatyne:

Haters of Islam cheesy

Abegi!

Ooo deep you won't understand
Re: Covenant University CBT Centre Denies Candidates Wearing Hijab From Writing Mock by oloyedewaris(m): 5:57pm On Mar 31, 2023
BetterHeadline:

Yes it's part of my cloth, removing it is just as telling me to be unclad
Re: Covenant University CBT Centre Denies Candidates Wearing Hijab From Writing Mock by GoodIsGod: 5:57pm On Mar 31, 2023
Fahvvy:
If you can't obey the rules governing a place, then don't bother going there undecided...

When will all these religious fanatics have sense undecided...

They will never have sense. There is a spirit behind the religion.

The spirit of violence.
Re: Covenant University CBT Centre Denies Candidates Wearing Hijab From Writing Mock by oloyedewaris(m): 5:59pm On Mar 31, 2023
GoodIsGod:

They will never have sense. There is a spirit behind the religion.

The spirit of violence.

You mean a place jamb gave me to write my exam

I actually blame jamb for assigning a religious place like that for a national exam
Re: Covenant University CBT Centre Denies Candidates Wearing Hijab From Writing Mock by GoodIsGod: 6:05pm On Mar 31, 2023
Encyclopedia1:

The zoo u are living in still wouldn’t let u see

Stop reasoning like a baboon.

You guys are full of problems. From all corners of the world.
Removing your hijab for a few minutes to honor the rules of a place is not going to kill you.
If a Christian has anything to do at a Muslim praying ground if the rule is to remove his shoes, he has to conform with it. No two ways about it.

You guys are full of problems and you only portray the spirit behind your religion.

Try to be peaceful.

Islam is a religion of peace should not be by mouth alone.

Let it reflect in your behavior.
Re: Covenant University CBT Centre Denies Candidates Wearing Hijab From Writing Mock by GoodIsGod: 6:13pm On Mar 31, 2023
oloyedewaris:

You mean a place jamb gave me to write my exam

I actually blame jamb for assigning a religious place like that for a national exam

Guy I've got very close Muslim friends. I just parted with one of some minutes ago. We've been together since morning.

It is not about Hate.

If I have anything to do on a Muslim playing ground, if the rule is that I should remove my shoes I would remove it. Exams or not. Removing my shoes won't for the period exam won't kill me.

Let peace you proclaim your religion has show.

Every sane mind knows that reverse is the case concerning your slogan
Islam is a Religion of peace.

CHRISTIANS don't have to say Christianity is a religion of peace yet, world over it is a known fact Christianity is peaceful.

Everything should not be about fight and agitation.

1 Like

Re: Covenant University CBT Centre Denies Candidates Wearing Hijab From Writing Mock by steeltrust: 6:49pm On Mar 31, 2023
oloyedewaris:

Tolerance by removing my cloth and exposing my body

I blame jamb, they shouldn't be accepting such religious places for exams like this
who says you say remove your clothes and be naked

Now I know you’re not normal
If as a Muslim lady you dressed modest without covering your whole body shabi the person go die

Thank na oyedepo school lemme see how you bend him to your rules
Re: Covenant University CBT Centre Denies Candidates Wearing Hijab From Writing Mock by HADI854: 7:10pm On Mar 31, 2023
Encyclopedia1:

https://www.facebook.com/100063943813735/posts/pfbid0fx8uMbzAXbRVFHTPLBKBPLs6hSouoCrs8AYMaHZf7njWBm4FtzNSbcBq1k6qXfEbl/?mibextid=Nif5oz
Religion has actually done much harm to us than good.
Why not just remove the hijab and wear it after you are through?
Re: Covenant University CBT Centre Denies Candidates Wearing Hijab From Writing Mock by hadex90(m): 7:19pm On Mar 31, 2023
Lewisjohnson:

Can a Christian girl go 2 a Muslim University or Territory without Forced 2 Wear Hijab??
but Jesus Christ never taught us like this. He even wine and dined with sinners.

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply)

10 Powerful Quotes That Will Change the Way You Live and Think / 2013 Federal Government Scholarship Awards For Nigerian Students / Which Institution Has The Highest Number Of Runz Babes?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.