Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,706 members, 7,816,897 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:44 PM

Covenant University CBT Centre Denies Candidates Wearing Hijab From Writing Mock - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Covenant University CBT Centre Denies Candidates Wearing Hijab From Writing Mock (52480 Views)

International School, University Of Ibadan Suspends Student For Wearing Hijab / Muslim Girls Suspended From Isolo Secondary School Lagos For Wearing Hijab / The 5 Muslim Students Suspended For Wearing Hijab To School In Lagos (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Covenant University CBT Centre Denies Candidates Wearing Hijab From Writing Mock by AbuAeesha: 9:58pm On Mar 30, 2023
Nyanabo:

If you haven't been to Cu before, you could have kept quiet rather thank displaying your ignorance.
Hypocrisy at its peak!
Even in the western world that brought the religion here,pple are allowed to dress as they want either with hijab or not as long as they don't posses any threat or cause harm to others.
Will never argue with you.
Bye.
Re: Covenant University CBT Centre Denies Candidates Wearing Hijab From Writing Mock by AbuAeesha: 9:59pm On Mar 30, 2023
LaReinaa:

You can cry all want but it change the fact that the ladies in question will wait to write another mock jamb some other time.. They ain’t ready to take their academics seriously yet
Hypocrisy at its peak!
Even in the western world that brought the religion here,over there pple are allowed to dress as they want either with hijab or not as long as they don't posses any threat or cause harm to others.
Bye.
Re: Covenant University CBT Centre Denies Candidates Wearing Hijab From Writing Mock by MamaletASO: 10:00pm On Mar 30, 2023
As a student..

Put on a shirt and skirt or trouser and do your examination.

But since your head is empty and looking for excuses then you can use religion as excuse because u knw u will fail the exam before...

They use that kind of dress to cheat in exam..

Crazy country where d politicians has used religion and tribalism to destroy.

What's d way forward... They shld conduct a private exam for her

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Covenant University CBT Centre Denies Candidates Wearing Hijab From Writing Mock by omoteejay(m): 10:00pm On Mar 30, 2023
NoToPile:
I don't know how jamb allocates centers these days, if it's the students that choose the centers during registration then they are being mischevious and just want to forment trouble because they can see the venue but if it's Jamb allocating centers as it was before then Jamb should stop posting members of other faith to faith based institutions for exams it's that simple.

I believe there would be a space for religion on the forms online then the computer will refrain from allocating students of either faith to CBT centers in faith based institutions. These things are not that hard abeg.

It's a private christain university in a christain environment, they have a right to say what they want or not as per dressing

The other day it was at redemption camp, today it's convenant, tomorrow it might be MTU.

Guy, the church lobby for cbt center
Re: Covenant University CBT Centre Denies Candidates Wearing Hijab From Writing Mock by Saladdin: 10:03pm On Mar 30, 2023
JAMB should do the needful and delist the University from being a center. The students are writing a Federal exam not Covenant Bible study test. The school is wrong from stopping them taking their test because they are donning an Hijab.

To the useless hypocrites frothing on this thread. Would a nun be turn back if she's also to take the test?
Re: Covenant University CBT Centre Denies Candidates Wearing Hijab From Writing Mock by LaReinaa(f): 10:04pm On Mar 30, 2023
AbuAeesha:

Hypocrisy at its peak!
Even in the western world that brought the religion here,over there pple are allowed to dress as they want either with hijab or not as long as they don't posses any threat or cause harm to others.
Bye.
I am not the one you be preaching this to.. tell that to your Muslim brothers... You are the hypocrite for always demanding for what you can’t tolerate!!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Covenant University CBT Centre Denies Candidates Wearing Hijab From Writing Mock by NoToPile: 10:06pm On Mar 30, 2023
omoteejay:

Guy, the church lobby for cbt center

It doesn't change anything, All CBT centers apply(or lobby as you put it) to be one they met the requirements and got approved right?

So it's simple people of other faiths should not be given center in locations of opposite faiths because this will keep reoccurring.
Re: Covenant University CBT Centre Denies Candidates Wearing Hijab From Writing Mock by bonnyhope: 10:07pm On Mar 30, 2023
Encyclopedia1:

Really? Which cave are u from? Oh what if a nun goes to the exam hall in her way of dressing. Is that allowed?

Not allowed
That nun should obey the rules of that institution

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Covenant University CBT Centre Denies Candidates Wearing Hijab From Writing Mock by Nyanabo(m): 10:07pm On Mar 30, 2023
AbuAeesha:

Hypocrisy at its peak!
Even in the western world that brought the religion here,pple are allowed to dress as they want either with hijab or not as long as they don't posses any threat or cause harm to others.
Bye.

You are the hypocrite here. We're talking of a religious environment here. Not a Secular environment. CU is a Christian school.

Reporters of CNN, BBC, when they report news live from the Arab worlds, you see them doning hijabs because the laws there says whether you are a Muslim or not, your hair must be covered. Why can the Muslims accept same in Nigeria, that for you to gain access in a Christian religious school you must off your hijab.

I have Muslim friends that tie only their hair properly with wearing hijabs. If she opted to do that since they didn't allow here with the hijab, they would of allowed her. Muslim extremist just want to cause religious tension in this country

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Covenant University CBT Centre Denies Candidates Wearing Hijab From Writing Mock by HITsquad: 10:08pm On Mar 30, 2023
WhisperedNoise:
In Al-Hikman, you are mandated to wear a hijab Muslim or not.
leave them... They always cry first when they get served with their own medicine.

No religion... I repeat, no religion is more intorelant than Islam!

Go to Europe(supposed Christian region) Islam is allowed to thrive to any extent... They put mosque anywhere they want... They call for prayers as loud as they want.
But as a Christian... Go try something similar in Arab countries especially Saudi and see if you don't end up in jail.

Muslims are not qualified to complain about intorelance... Not even in the slightest way!

I'm not a Christian fanatic but I hate hypocracy more than anything. in UAE I only saw one actual church.... A catholic church, it was a bit big and magnificent. No doubt... But Only God knows the amount of political strings the pope pulled to make that happen. Outside that, other churches for there na hide and seek churches.

7 Likes

Re: Covenant University CBT Centre Denies Candidates Wearing Hijab From Writing Mock by DEBJOCH1(m): 10:09pm On Mar 30, 2023
Encyclopedia1:

Really? For a Federal Government of Nigeria Exam or for Covenant University Exam? Abeg think straight.
. YES A FEDERAL GOVERNMENT EXAM IN A RELIGIOUS ORGANIZATION WHICH HAS RULES AND REGULATIONS AND MODES OF DRESS. THEY HAVE THEIR CODE AND CONDUCT SPELT OUT, IF NOT THAT THE GIRL IS A TROUBLE MAKER SHE WOULD HAD ADHERE. I AM NOT A RELIGIOUS PERSON BUT LIVE OBEYING RULES AND REGULATION, THE OTHER DAY I SAW A WOMAN AT THE REDEMPTION CAMP GATE TRYING TO CREAT A BIG PROBLEM BECAUSE THE SECURITY HAD TOLD HER SHE CANT GAIN ACCESS INTO THAT PLACE COVERING HER HEAD TO TOE, SHE SAID THEY INSULTED HER RELIGION, I INITIALLY THOUGHT SHE WAS HAUSA, I HAD TO GO AND MEET HER BEGGED HER WITH HAUSA LANGUAGE, TOLD HER THAT THOSE GUTS WERE NOT AT FAULT BUT WERE JUST TRYING TO DO THEIR JOB, NOT KNOWIBG SHE WAS YORUBA, THOUGH SHE RESPONDED TO MY PLEAD IN HAUSA LANGUAGE AS WELL. IT TOOK MY INTERVENTION BEFORE SHE COULD LET GO. IF A CHRISTIAN IS TO GO TO AN ISLAMIC COMMUNITY OR SETTING, WILL THEY ALLOW THE PERSON TO BE WITHOUT COVERING EVERY?. NO NEED TRYING TO CAUSE RELIGION CONFLICT, JUST OBEY THE LAW OF YOUR HOST THAT ALL.

2 Likes

Re: Covenant University CBT Centre Denies Candidates Wearing Hijab From Writing Mock by Saladdin: 10:09pm On Mar 30, 2023
remsonik:
Hijab rights you're stupid but I can't come with Bible or as a Christian into your own mosque or organizations and una wan use terrorism force yourself into my own institution. Hell go burn you all into ashes

Being logical is not your strong point, so I'll take no offence. If Covenant so wishes to restrict them, then they should rather apply to be fully delisted and not enjoy the government's remuneration for being a JAMB centre.

Hope you can observe your hypocrisy now.
Re: Covenant University CBT Centre Denies Candidates Wearing Hijab From Writing Mock by Strikethem: 10:10pm On Mar 30, 2023
Encyclopedia1:

Really? Which cave are u from? Oh what if a nun goes to the exam hall in her way of dressing. Is that allowed?
Go and tell hisba police in Kano why they are destroying alcohols.

Why that stupid islam right or whatever they call themselves not write hisba police about freedom so people can continue drinking their beer.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Covenant University CBT Centre Denies Candidates Wearing Hijab From Writing Mock by Saladdin: 10:11pm On Mar 30, 2023
SHINJA:
Muslims and Christians can never be one..

Muslims should attend their own schools and leave Christians schools alone...

We Christians don't want anything to do with Muslims..

God bless Southsouth and Southwest

God bless our next president Obi

With dumbos like you supporting him, OBI will never be president.
Re: Covenant University CBT Centre Denies Candidates Wearing Hijab From Writing Mock by Strikethem: 10:12pm On Mar 30, 2023
Encyclopedia1:

Bowen University, Covenant University and so on, u are mandated to go to church, Christian or not.
That is why they must remove their scaff they called hijab. Because they are in Christian premises.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Covenant University CBT Centre Denies Candidates Wearing Hijab From Writing Mock by SHINJA: 10:18pm On Mar 30, 2023
Saladdin:

With dumbos like you supporting him, OBI will never be president.

Okay Abdul

2 Likes

Re: Covenant University CBT Centre Denies Candidates Wearing Hijab From Writing Mock by SHINJA: 10:19pm On Mar 30, 2023
Strikethem:
Go and tell hisba police in Kano why they are destroying alcohols.

Why that stupid islam right or whatever they call themselves not write hisba police about freedom so people can continue drinking their beer.

My brother forget those hypocrites

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Covenant University CBT Centre Denies Candidates Wearing Hijab From Writing Mock by Obajemu(m): 10:21pm On Mar 30, 2023
SAMUEL1947:
Hijab not allowed in exam hall, humbly removed it. Teach them the way of God not to disrespect elders. Be obedient

You are one of the mumu, that’s disturbing the peace of this country. When did dressing in your faith turn to disrespecting elders. Oyedepo is a fanatic reason he can’t even assist anyone other than members of his church. When they know they can’t allow another religion to take the CBT exam in there school, why did they applied with JAMB in the first instance. Radarada
Re: Covenant University CBT Centre Denies Candidates Wearing Hijab From Writing Mock by Mabco: 10:22pm On Mar 30, 2023
MadamVanessa:
shocked

What on earth will make you wear that nonsense to christian school. This people seems to be mad .

I haven't seen a religion so insecure and troublesome as Islam in this world. The devil that revealed himself to their religious leader that they assumed it was angel Gabriel, did this world strong thing.
. Have u forgotten. That was the dressing code of the mother of Jesus christ
Re: Covenant University CBT Centre Denies Candidates Wearing Hijab From Writing Mock by Qasim6(m): 10:22pm On Mar 30, 2023
chaloskyx:
I think its high time for Muslim faithful's to open their university o wait they are against learning western education that gives them a voice and knowledge to challenge them
U are just daft, a simple Google search will reveal to you how many Muslim uni we have in Nigeria alone.

Dey there dey believe nonsense, dey play
Re: Covenant University CBT Centre Denies Candidates Wearing Hijab From Writing Mock by Strikethem: 10:22pm On Mar 30, 2023
Encyclopedia1:

Really? For a Federal Government of Nigeria Exam or for Covenant University Exam? Abeg think straight.
And so fucking what? The Fg no see secular school to post them.

Oga Ade, they must remove that thing.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Covenant University CBT Centre Denies Candidates Wearing Hijab From Writing Mock by SenatePresdo(m): 10:22pm On Mar 30, 2023
Encyclopedia1:

It is allowed, covenant doesn't sound like Allahu azeez.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Covenant University CBT Centre Denies Candidates Wearing Hijab From Writing Mock by Buffalo2(m): 10:27pm On Mar 30, 2023
If UNILORIN, A Federal University, can mandate female candidates on skirts or trousers to tie wrapper b4 sitting for post utme I see no qualms in what Covenant University did.
Also candidates couldn't even write the mock TEST today at the centre due to network issue so the issue of losing time cos of hijab is a lie cos I was there ( covenant university) this morning

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Covenant University CBT Centre Denies Candidates Wearing Hijab From Writing Mock by Akinfolarin9: 10:28pm On Mar 30, 2023
Tareq1105:

Akinfolarin9, have you been to Crescent University in Abeokuta before? I'm sure if you've been there you would not have written what you wrote here.

Ask anyone that has been there to tell you what they do to a woman who did not cover. Not a student o, a total visitor trying to just make an enquiry.
Understand me, jamb is at fault for accreditting such places as cbt centers cause at the end of the day the students writing such exams can't dictate their center.
Bottom line is centers should only be accredited if they are willing to comply to being religiously or in any other aspects neutral , i wouldn't want my lil cousin mandate to wear an hijab if she was posted to a cbt center cause the owners are muslim
Thats infringement of human right

1 Like

Re: Covenant University CBT Centre Denies Candidates Wearing Hijab From Writing Mock by Orlarmeday(m): 10:28pm On Mar 30, 2023
Pierocash:
This religion of trouble have taken their madness to covenant University. They always disobey constituted authorities using religious clog as a means.

If a Christian dares wears anything like rosary, cross, or any attire depicting Christianity to access a Muslim environment,this children of hate and perdition will call it blasphemy,and murder the innocent Christian.

But see them ,always taking their foolishness to other religious environment and lord it over everyone.
We know that your religion allows you to wear anything you want, you can even walk naked if you choose to. Islam preaches modesty and that is what we are teaching our children.

Re: Covenant University CBT Centre Denies Candidates Wearing Hijab From Writing Mock by chaloskyx: 10:31pm On Mar 30, 2023
O really please can you name them and do you know any of your family members that attend such kindly enlighten us o wise one
Qasim6:

U are just daft, a simple Google search will reveal to you how many Muslim uni we have in Nigeria alone.

Dey there dey believe nonsense, dey play

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Covenant University CBT Centre Denies Candidates Wearing Hijab From Writing Mock by Akinfolarin9: 10:33pm On Mar 30, 2023
Buffalo2:
If UNILORIN, A Federal University, can mandate female candidates on skirts or trousers to tie wrapper b4 sitting for post utme I see no qualms in what Covenant University did.
Also candidates couldn't even write the mock TEST today at the centre due to network issue so the issue of losing time cos of hijab is a lie cos I was there ( covenant university) this morning
If it is a lie then fine
And one more thing jamb is a national exam not a sub to any institution and as long as it muslims are not illegal i dont see a reason their rights should be infringed
I still stand by my word my lil cuz cant be mandated to wear hijab cause she wants to write exam at a cbt center owned by muslim and this should be vice versa
Jamb can post you anywhere in your LGA and preffered town but you can't choose the actual center

1 Like

Re: Covenant University CBT Centre Denies Candidates Wearing Hijab From Writing Mock by Gaabasky: 10:35pm On Mar 30, 2023
It's a Christian School and the owner has never hide his behaviors towards your religion. Why must u go there n anything that make u to go there u must abide by the rules and regulations of the school.
Stop bn hypocrite

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Covenant University CBT Centre Denies Candidates Wearing Hijab From Writing Mock by Mabco: 10:37pm On Mar 30, 2023
This is clear. The candidates are not there on their own. Jamb posted them. This is not an internal affair of Covenant. Its the national law or Jamb laws that should prevail. Covenant can only decide to deregister her self from having a CBT center
Re: Covenant University CBT Centre Denies Candidates Wearing Hijab From Writing Mock by Dareal90s(m): 10:38pm On Mar 30, 2023
Encyclopedia1:

Let her go write the exam in the Federal Government school.
Re: Covenant University CBT Centre Denies Candidates Wearing Hijab From Writing Mock by toloohthegreat: 10:39pm On Mar 30, 2023
Ur moniker says 'encyclopedia'.
You are a wrong encyclopedia cos you've got no sense in you. A correct encyclopedia should be able to enlighten one on the rites and mores of an institute. Exams require a formal dress code. Not ceremonial or psychedelic.

Encyclopedia1:

Re: Covenant University CBT Centre Denies Candidates Wearing Hijab From Writing Mock by egunna(m): 10:40pm On Mar 30, 2023
Fahvvy:
If you can't obey the rules governing a place, then don't bother going there undecided...

When will all these religious fanatics have sense undecided...
convenant university was just rendering a service and that means for the duration of that contract,jamb owns the facility and so it is the laws of jamb regarding the exam dat needs to be obeyed.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

Government Day Secondary School Daura Photos By Abiodun @felewire / Police Arrests Adeyeye Olorunfemi, UNILAG Student Rusticated Over Facebook Post / Which Institution Has The Highest Number Of Runz Babes?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.