Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,797 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:08 AM

70 Hypocritical Acts Identifiable In Churches Today - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 70 Hypocritical Acts Identifiable In Churches Today (386 Views)

20 False Doctrines In Churches Today- By Apostle Joseph Udoh / Which Of The Churches Today Is Following Jesus Christ's Teachings? / Sri Lanka Easter Bombings In Churches And Hotels: Mass Casualties Recorded (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

70 Hypocritical Acts Identifiable In Churches Today by thebookofthomas: 11:22am On Mar 30, 2023
Hello Believers in Christ,

Peace be unto you and Love from Yah the Father and from our Adon Yeshua Ha Mashiach,

Now the Bible says in 2 Corinthians 13:5 (the Message Translation):

"Test yourselves to make sure you are solid in the faith. Don’t drift along taking everything for granted. Give yourselves regular checkups. You need firsthand evidence, not mere hearsay, that Jesus Christ is in you.

Test it out. If you fail the test, do something about it..."

So during a meditation exercise I was able to do some introspection and test myself and as I did so I identified some hypocritical flaws in my soul that prompts me to seek Divine Processing and Realignment;

You see,

Hypocrisy is the window through which we see the world, but never the mirror through which we all see ourselves; hence it is difficult most times to admit that we are hypocrites (which we are; outside the Grace and Benevolent Mercies of Yahweh),

As I laboured to identify some of my hypocritical ideas and ideals it also came to me other hypocritical acts that we Believers commit on a daily basis.

Having seen the passionate need for some of us to be edified by the LORD I shall share some of them here so we can all learn and test ourselves as to whether we are still solid in the Faith;

I actually wanted to write just 10 but inspiration took over and now we are all here;

Please feel free to share yours that you too have identified in your church so I too can test myself and see if I am guilty of such so that we all can Confess, Repent and Realign ourselves to the Express and Perfect Will of ADONAI,

Grace be with all them that love our Adon Yeshua Ha Mashiach in sincerity.

Amen.

Now leg us begin,

2 Likes

Re: 70 Hypocritical Acts Identifiable In Churches Today by thebookofthomas: 11:24am On Mar 30, 2023
1. We sing that God is too faithful to fail us whereas we are too faithful to obey and please HIM,

2. We want God to kill and destroy all our enemies but we want God to protect us when others pray same prayer against us,

3. We all want to make heaven when we die but we don't want to die just yet because deep down we're not sure of our salvation,

4. We want God to bless others; just not as much as we want Him to bless us,

5. When we are rising we call it Grace; when an enemy is rising we call it juju and fraud,

6. We so much want God to change our lives but we don't want Him to change our hearts,

7. Everyone wants a Prophet to tell them their future but when it doesn't tally with their desires they go look for a second opinion,

8. When we are worshiping God we shout and scream that we love Him but when its time to confess our sins our voices and shouts suddenly disappear,

9. Everyone would love to attend "A night of worship," but scanty few would want to attend "A night of Intercession,"

10. On Sunday morning we are all saints, we are all Holy, we are all sinless due to the fact that our sins and hearts cannot be seen, so we try to give a false impression of a holiness we know deep in our hearts we do not so gracefully possess,

And somehow, we forget that such self deception which has become public deception is acceptable before a God that cannot stand hypocrisy and the guile that it feeds on,

3 Likes

Re: 70 Hypocritical Acts Identifiable In Churches Today by thebookofthomas: 11:28am On Mar 30, 2023
11. When we point out other people's failures we're being observant and corrective but when someone does it to us they're being judgemental,

12. We love to share testimonies to show how our God has blessed us so it would pepper others but when we see them sharing theirs on social media we quickly scroll pass in envy and deep disgust,

13. We give to unbelievers without hesitation but blatantly refuse to help a brother or sister because we feel that our being of help to them may one day make them richer or greater than us;

Thus we're afraid of becoming the architect to our own "misfortune",

14. When someone else is falling under the power we say they're demon possessed, but when it happens to us we say it is the anointing that has broken the yoke,

15. When we gossip others we claim we're just warning the sister or brother to be careful with their dealings with that person but when we hear others gossiping us we say they're jealous and demon possessed,

16. We never miss an opportunity during worship to tell GOD how Holy HE is yet we always miss every opportunity to walk in holiness (for it would only get in the way of our favourite sins that we so so love to commit); conveniently forgetting that without same holiness no man shall see the LORD

17. We claim we love a GOD we have never seen before yet we cannot stand the person sitting next to us in church because they sin better/differently than we do,

18. We can't afford to get to work late for fear or quarry but we can afford to get late to church because GOD is merciful and full of love and compassion,

19. We borrow money from our friends and when we get money instead of paying them back we'd rather use it to pay tithes to inflate our egos that we're faithful in tithing,

20. We insist our leaders are evil and corrupt yet we borrow money from loan companies we know we'd never pay back and keep labeling them as "scammer" on Truecaller when they start putting pressure on us to pay up,

3 Likes

Re: 70 Hypocritical Acts Identifiable In Churches Today by muyico(m): 11:28am On Mar 30, 2023
thebookofthomas:
1. We sing that God is too faithful to fail us whereas we are too faithful to obey and please HIM,

2. We want God to kill and destroy all our enemies but we want God to protect us when others pray same prayer against us,

3. We all want to make heaven when we die but we don't want to die just yet because deep down we're not sure of our salvation,

4. We want God to bless others; just not as much as we want Him to bless us,

5. When we are rising we call it Grace; when an enemy is rising we call it juju and fraud,

6. We so much want God to change our lives but we don't want Him to change our hearts,

7. Everyone wants a Prophet to tell them their future but when it doesn't tally with their desires they go look for a second opinion,

8. When we are worshiping God we shout and scream that we love Him but when its time to confess our sins our voices and shouts suddenly disappear,

9. Everyone would love to attend "A night of worship," but scanty few would want to attend "A night of Intercession,"

10. On Sunday morning we are all saints, we are all Holy, we are all sinless due to the fact that our sins and hearts cannot be seen, so we try to give a false impression of a holiness we know deep in our hearts we do not so gracefully possess,

And somehow, we forget that such self deception which has become public deception is acceptable before a God that cannot stand hypocrisy and the guile that it feeds on,
Re: 70 Hypocritical Acts Identifiable In Churches Today by lordm(m): 11:32am On Mar 30, 2023
You are looking for trouble
Re: 70 Hypocritical Acts Identifiable In Churches Today by thebookofthomas: 11:48am On Mar 30, 2023
lordm:
You are looking for trouble

I lay on my bed and through deep reflection came to several critical flaws in our human nature that need the molding and work of the Holy Spirit and I thought it fit to share it here on a public forum for others like me to reflect on and realign;

I named no names,
I named no tribes,
I named no Pastors,
I named no religions,
I named no denominations,
I also named no geographical locations,

Pray tell (because I am curious to know) how am I looking for trouble?

Consider what I say and ADONAI give you understanding in all things,

Amen

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 70 Hypocritical Acts Identifiable In Churches Today by thebookofthomas: 11:52am On Mar 30, 2023
21. We sing "mould me, break me, use me," to GOD but when HE Begins to break us via affliction we cry out and attend vigils attacking witches for our plights and supposed misfortunes,

22. When we hear a song in church we refuse to dance/Worship passionately because it is not in our local dialect yet when others are showing/doing favours for their own tribe we call them out as tribalistic,

23. We are happy when the visiting Prophet is counselling us and describing our house in the village to us in front of the whole church but when he is casting out demons in front of our rivals we suddenly want to start heading home claiming he is wasting time,

24. We only attend/come early to midweek service when it's our turn to backup/lead praise and worship,

25. When the Preacher says "anyone fighting you will die this year!" we love to jump up and shout "amen!" but when he says "anyone you're hating and fighting will attend your burial this year," we're suddenly angry, quiet and chanting "GOD forbid!"

26. When it becomes our own turn to share testimony the 5 minutes allotted to everyone else suddenly becomes insufficient for us,

27. We judge the lady that gave birth out of wedlock but we fail to judge her friend that committed 3 abortions to hide her sin because GOD looks at the heart but man looks at the stomach,

28. We hate prayer meetings because it's boring to us but we love night vigils because the Prophet coming to minister can "see" us getting married this year (and sadly our prayer departmental leader cannot),

29. We want our Express Will to be done in God's life but we don't want His Express Will to be done in ours; simply put HE has become our own person genie in the bottle;

30. When others are telling us what we want to hear to obtain a certain favour from us we say they're being sycophants and manipulative but when we do it to GOD we call it worship and adoration,

4 Likes

Re: 70 Hypocritical Acts Identifiable In Churches Today by mekzyjoe(m): 6:48pm On May 12, 2023
thebookofthomas:
21. We sing "mould me, break me, use me," to GOD but when HE Begins to break us via affliction we cry out and attend vigils attacking witches for our plights and supposed misfortunes,

22. When we hear a song in church we refuse to dance/Worship passionately because it is not in our local dialect yet when others are showing/doing favours for their own tribe we call them out as tribalistic,

23. We are happy when the visiting Prophet is counselling us and describing our house in the village to us in front of the whole church but when he is casting out demons in front of our rivals we suddenly want to start heading home claiming he is wasting time,

24. We only attend/come early to midweek service when it's our turn to backup/lead praise and worship,

25. When the Preacher says "anyone fighting you will die this year!" we love to jump up and shout "amen!" but when he says "anyone you're hating and fighting will attend your burial this year," we're suddenly angry, quiet and chanting "GOD forbid!"

26. When it becomes our own turn to share testimony the 5 minutes allotted to everyone else suddenly becomes insufficient for us,

27. We judge the lady that gave birth out of wedlock but we fail to judge her friend that committed 3 abortions to hide her sin because GOD looks at the heart but man looks at the stomach,

28. We hate prayer meetings because it's boring to us but we love night vigils because the Prophet coming to minister can "see" us getting married this year (and sadly our prayer departmental leader cannot),

29. We want our Express Will to be done in God's life but we don't want His Express Will to be done in ours; simply put HE has become our own person genie in the bottle;

30. When others are telling us what we want to hear to obtain a certain favour from us we say they're being sycophants and manipulative but when we do it to GOD we call it worship and adoration,
Where are you bro
Re: 70 Hypocritical Acts Identifiable In Churches Today by OkCornel(m): 11:46pm On May 12, 2023
This table you’re shaking cheesy

Nigerian Christians left the group chat.

(1) (Reply)

Is The God Of The Bible The Real Villian? / Hustlers: Check This Out!!! / Gaza genocide: Allah Addresses Children Of Israel In The Quran 1400 yrs ago

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.