Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,758 members, 7,809,923 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:14 PM

NIGERIAN Upwork Freelancers To Start Paying VAT By April - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / NIGERIAN Upwork Freelancers To Start Paying VAT By April (404 Views)

Banks Fear Rush As CBN Threatens To Bar Customers Without BVN, NIN By April / Nigerian Upwork Freelancers Please Step In Here For A Minute I Need Your Help! / Nigerians To Start Paying For Bank Deposits In 2020 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

NIGERIAN Upwork Freelancers To Start Paying VAT By April by Cutezt(m): 7:06pm On Mar 30, 2023
Just got the mail from Upwork saying they will start charging VAT from end of April.

Now I don't have a problem with paying, however, I do not and still can't see what the government has been using the ones I have been paying for all these years.

Brace up Nigerians, the battle is just beginning.

Seun Lalasticlala mynd44

Re: NIGERIAN Upwork Freelancers To Start Paying VAT By April by coolcharm(m): 7:23pm On Mar 30, 2023
Read and comprehend oga

You're only paying VAT on services you purchase from Upwork. Stuffs like connects, plus e t c

No one is taking VAT from your earnings because it is not a value added service.

Lower your alarm.
Re: NIGERIAN Upwork Freelancers To Start Paying VAT By April by Cutezt(m): 7:39pm On Mar 30, 2023
coolcharm:
Read and comprehend oga

You're only paying VAT on services you purchase from Upwork. Stuffs like connects, plus e t c

No one is taking VAT from your earnings because it is not a value added service.

Lower your alarm.

I see you are the one with comprehension problems. Will freelancers PAY VAT or not? Upwork is now for the highest bidder If you are not established already, so tell me, WILL NIGERIAN FREELANCERS PAY VAT WHEN BUYING CONNECTS?? or Not? Will their service fee be VAT INCLUSIVE OR NOT

Do you even understand what service fee means??

cos I don't understand your argument.
Re: NIGERIAN Upwork Freelancers To Start Paying VAT By April by Observer20: 7:54pm On Mar 30, 2023
Cutezt:

I see you are the one with comprehension problems. Will freelancers PAY VAT or not? Upwork is now for the highest bidder If you are not established already, so tell me, WILL NIGERIAN FREELANCERS PAY VAT WHEN BUYING CONNECTS?? or Not? Will their service fee be VAT INCLUSIVE OR NOT

Do you even understand what service fee means??

cos I don't understand your argument.

They reduced their commission from 20% to 10% hence the vat. It won't be that bad....no need to raise alarm.

Na to dey target bigger clients
Re: NIGERIAN Upwork Freelancers To Start Paying VAT By April by talk2hb1(m): 8:36pm On Mar 30, 2023
VAT does not affect your charges, it’s added to your transaction

(1) (Reply)

Serious Business Partner Needed From Uk Or Any Of The Europe Countries / Waste Plastics Urgently Needed In Large Quantity / Autocad Training(2d And 3d)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.