Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,337 members, 7,819,185 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:23 PM

My Experience While Hunting For Job - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / My Experience While Hunting For Job (694 Views)

Eight Things I Learnt While Hunting For A Job / My Near Death Experience While Working As A Mason / Some Fun While Job Hunting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Experience While Hunting For Job by yemite100: 8:20am On Mar 31, 2023
Good morning everyone
Please don't mind my grammar......
I lost my job about two months ago , I have been searching for a better job but no luck yet.
One of my cousin who stays at redemption camp called me and said he got a job that we can manage in a big company.
I was so happy when he told me about the job,I stay around Ikoyi Osun State, I had to look for means of getting transport fare down to the place.
To cut the story short, I got reedeem camp and me and my cousin took a bike down to the company, the company is about 20 minutes drive from redeemed camp,on getting there, it was a Chinese company where plastic product were made, they directed us to where we are going to work, there is nothing interview, our own work is to recycle waste bottles and we have to use knife to slize it and bring whatever dirt that is inside the bottle.
They gave us a very big sack bag that we will be putting the bottles, we started working and when I was around 12:30pm the supervisor called us and explain the rules of the job to us, he said we will have to work for 1months and 14 days before salary will be paid to us, and also not all all the money will be paid to us, he said the 14days will be paid whenever we are ready to leave the company , and we have to notify the company so that the money will be paid to us.
He said the big sack is #450 and the small is #350 and that the money will be calculated based of the numbers of sack we are able to fill in a day, I was very shocked, as at 12:30 we haven't even filled the big sack
The supervisor said we have the option of going to the canteen to eat but the money will be deducted from our salary, immediately after he finish discussing with us, we went to the canteen , I and my cousin ordered for 4wraps of Fufu with two meat...
Na so we japa after eating the food...
Thank God I was able to get help back to my town after spending two days with my cousin.

Can you share your own experience while hunting for job too.

6 Likes

Re: My Experience While Hunting For Job by SisterAnn(f): 8:27am On Mar 31, 2023
Nice one from you and your friend. Those Chinko guys do a lot of rubbish here without consequences.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience While Hunting For Job by Karlifate: 10:49am On Mar 31, 2023
Chinese, Lebanese, and to some extent Indian coys in Nigeria, are polished modern day slavery work. cheesy

Inner Galaxy Steel Company, Abia comes to mind. grin grin

https://www.nairaland.com/4191544/inner-galaxy-steel-company-abia#up
Re: My Experience While Hunting For Job by Nobody: 11:58am On Mar 31, 2023
Nigerian employers are also inhumane.See as the op get the work easily without interview.If to say na conducive and well paid job another person who knows the supervisor for don collect the job tey tey.
Re: My Experience While Hunting For Job by lereinter(m): 12:22pm On Mar 31, 2023
NLC will not read this

Ministry of Labour will not see this

Nigeria govt officials will not read this

Senate and rep committee on labour will not read this

Shithole country

2 Likes

Re: My Experience While Hunting For Job by hakeemhakeem(m): 3:39pm On Mar 31, 2023
lereinter:

NLC will not read this

Ministry of Labour will not see this

Nigeria govt officials will not read this

Senate and rep committee on labour will not read this

Shithole country

They are political and monetary activated
Re: My Experience While Hunting For Job by Pojomojo: 3:48pm On Mar 31, 2023
Female see shege in the hands of these foreigners especially Indians.
Re: My Experience While Hunting For Job by Isabi4lov: 5:43pm On Mar 31, 2023
yemite100:
Good morning everyone
Please don't mind my grammar......
I lost my job about two months ago , I have been searching for a better job but no luck yet.
One of my cousin who stays at redemption camp called me and said he got a job that we can manage in a big company.
I was so happy when he told me about the job,I stay around Ikoyi Osun State, I had to look for means of getting transport fare down to the place.
To cut the story short, I got reedeem camp and me and my cousin took a bike down to the company, the company is about 20 minutes drive from redeemed camp,on getting there, it was a Chinese company where plastic product were made, they directed us to where we are going to work, there is nothing interview, our own work is to recycle waste bottles and we have to use knife to slize it and bring whatever dirt that is inside the bottle.
They gave us a very big sack bag that we will be putting the bottles, we started working and when I was around 12:30pm the supervisor called us and explain the rules of the job to us, he said we will have to work for 1months and 14 days before salary will be paid to us, and also not all all the money will be paid to us, he said the 14days will be paid whenever we are ready to leave the company , and we have to notify the company so that the money will be paid to us.
He said the big sack is #450 and the small is #350 and that the money will be calculated based of the numbers of sack we are able to fill in a day, I was very shocked, as at 12:30 we haven't even filled the big sack
The supervisor said we have the option of going to the canteen to eat but the money will be deducted from our salary, immediately after he finish discussing with us, we went to the canteen , I and my cousin ordered for 4wraps of Fufu with two meat...
Na so we japa after eating the food...
Thank God I was able to get help back to my town after spending two days with my cousin.

Can you share your own experience while hunting for job too.
grin I know this company wella
Re: My Experience While Hunting For Job by UYEMDO35(m): 8:01pm On Mar 31, 2023
Hahaha! I find dis very funny.... I wish I was in your shoes I would have done same.
Re: My Experience While Hunting For Job by PerfectMan24: 9:28pm On Mar 31, 2023
U for collect 2bottles of Heineken join am
Re: My Experience While Hunting For Job by Lucasinho(m): 9:46pm On Mar 31, 2023
angry

In your own country, foreigners are showing you shege...

What a failed Nation
Re: My Experience While Hunting For Job by samtol4(m): 12:50am On Apr 01, 2023
Chinese & Lebanese enslaving Nigerians in Nigeria. Unfortunately, minister of labour is extremely busy on twitter he can't stop ✋ this rubbish

(1) (Reply)

Station Manager / Vacancies In An Ict Firm / Got Interveiw With Afrihub

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.