Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,270 members, 7,811,794 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:43 PM

LASU Replies Critic Of Its LASU Bread Bakery (Pix) - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / LASU Replies Critic Of Its LASU Bread Bakery (Pix) (36344 Views)

LASU Bread: Lagos State University Launches LASU Bread Bakery / Kiki Mordi Replies Kemi Olunloyo, Unblocks Her / Can I Study Doctor In OAU With 106 JAMB Score?: Guy Asks; Gets Hilarious Replies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

LASU Replies Critic Of Its LASU Bread Bakery (Pix) by renderme: 9:08am On Mar 31, 2023
The Lagos State University has replied critics of it's new bread business on it's twitter page. The University had announced a new Bread Bakery as shown in this thread https://www.nairaland.com/7634053/lasu-bread-lagos-state-university

In response to a critic that tweeted:

Isn't it worrisome that a UNIVERSITY is being applauded for opening a bakery when their counterparts outside the country are focused on researches and grants to increase IGR?

The University responded that:

Isn't it worrisome that when news of research grants and awards (and there are tons of them) from the university are posted on this same platform, they don't attract this level of engagements? 🤔

Source:
https://mobile.twitter.com/LASUOfficial/status/1641335633879736324

51 Likes 14 Shares

Re: LASU Replies Critic Of Its LASU Bread Bakery (Pix) by meum: 9:09am On Mar 31, 2023
A very weak response(clap back) in defense of bread baking by an institution of higher learning

McLizbae:
You still don't understand.
I understand they want to make money but it’s not an (big) achievement worthy of commendation by an institution of higher learning

106 Likes 3 Shares

Re: LASU Replies Critic Of Its LASU Bread Bakery (Pix) by gasparpisciotta: 9:10am On Mar 31, 2023
It is within their rights to insist that LASU bread will be the only bread on Campus

Go and buy outside the school if you want any other brand

50 Likes 2 Shares

Re: LASU Replies Critic Of Its LASU Bread Bakery (Pix) by JasonScoolari: 9:12am On Mar 31, 2023
Na Bread project this people wan dey defend now?

79 Likes 2 Shares

Re: LASU Replies Critic Of Its LASU Bread Bakery (Pix) by Zonefree(m): 9:13am On Mar 31, 2023
I'll suggest Sanwo Olu close down the school and turn it to State Bakery since Bread is their top priority. Rubbish!

103 Likes 5 Shares

Re: LASU Replies Critic Of Its LASU Bread Bakery (Pix) by fourboys: 9:13am On Mar 31, 2023
That LASU reply no make sense at all...

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: LASU Replies Critic Of Its LASU Bread Bakery (Pix) by inoki247: 9:13am On Mar 31, 2023
Wu eat bread reach student before anything to make money for the school make dem Add Ewa Agonyin too sad shocked shocked

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: LASU Replies Critic Of Its LASU Bread Bakery (Pix) by skj1377(m): 9:14am On Mar 31, 2023
Bread is key. I just hope it's not a branch of obedient bread. undecided

2 Likes

Re: LASU Replies Critic Of Its LASU Bread Bakery (Pix) by yinkus6750(m): 9:14am On Mar 31, 2023
Must they react to everything ?
Tho it's good to hear that research & projects have always been posted before bread.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: LASU Replies Critic Of Its LASU Bread Bakery (Pix) by Westerhoffe(m): 9:16am On Mar 31, 2023
Let them advertise their bread in peace.
Because I still wonder who is expecting development in this country with the kind of government we are running here.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: LASU Replies Critic Of Its LASU Bread Bakery (Pix) by renderme: 9:16am On Mar 31, 2023
padi94:
Only Nigeria we go see this kind thing... It should HV been on a low key.

This has deeper meaning that the institution management is only out to create revenue for the institutions, away from its primary assignment of higher education.

All campuses make money outside their primary assignment of higher education.

LASUs counterparts outside the country have exclusive campus cafes that sell snacks and coffee and cooked food daily.

They also have their shops that sell University merchandise to students such as monogrammed mugs, t-shirts, sweatshirts, pens and books.

With all that business, they still charge their students at least $10,000 for the cheapest course.

69 Likes 9 Shares

Re: LASU Replies Critic Of Its LASU Bread Bakery (Pix) by Zonefree(m): 9:17am On Mar 31, 2023
JasonScoolari:
Na Bread project this people wan dey defend now?
You can imagine the nonsense undecided
Using a school handle to debate about Bread making embarassed

Shameless beings!

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: LASU Replies Critic Of Its LASU Bread Bakery (Pix) by psucc(m): 9:19am On Mar 31, 2023
LASU has pioneered Manufacturing/production by Universities. But others are into pure/table water production o, such as Uniuyo, MOUAU, etc.

Nigeria, na joke

8 Likes

Re: LASU Replies Critic Of Its LASU Bread Bakery (Pix) by JasonScoolari: 9:19am On Mar 31, 2023
Zonefree:

You can imagine the nonsense undecided
Using a school handle to debate about Bread making embarassed

Shameless beings!
If we talk now, Owners of Lagos will trace our generation to Mogadishu and Kampala respectively.

Bread of Life.

24 Likes

Re: LASU Replies Critic Of Its LASU Bread Bakery (Pix) by renderme: 9:21am On Mar 31, 2023
JasonScoolari:
If we talk now, Owners of Lagos will trace our generation to Mogadishu and Kampala respectively.

Bread of Life.

You are just being clever by half. Other campuses in Nigeria do it. I know for a fact the only bread and pure water sold in BIU is by their university. And it's not the first.

Nigeria is a poor country with poor people. If you don't want school fees above N150k then allow universities make money in other ways. Education is not cheap.

82 Likes 8 Shares

Re: LASU Replies Critic Of Its LASU Bread Bakery (Pix) by JasonScoolari: 9:23am On Mar 31, 2023
renderme:

You are just being clever by half. Other campuses in Nigeria do it. I know for a fact the only bread sold in BIU is by their university. And it's not the first.
Clever by full moon, did I argue about your Bread production?

Why are you jittery over my comment.

23 Likes

Re: LASU Replies Critic Of Its LASU Bread Bakery (Pix) by Zonefree(m): 9:23am On Mar 31, 2023
JasonScoolari:

Bread of Life.

cheesy grin cheesy
Bread of Life.

Department of food science should also introduce Production of Ewa goyin to collaborate with the Bread.
Bread without Ewa is breadless.

10 Likes

Re: LASU Replies Critic Of Its LASU Bread Bakery (Pix) by Zonefree(m): 9:24am On Mar 31, 2023
renderme:

You are just being clever by half. Other campuses in Nigeria do it. I know for a fact the only bread and pure water sold in BIU is by their university. And it's not the first. Nigeria is a poor country with poor people
Did you see or hear BIU make noise about producing Bread?

8 Likes

Re: LASU Replies Critic Of Its LASU Bread Bakery (Pix) by renderme: 9:26am On Mar 31, 2023
Zonefree:

Did you see or hear BIU make noise about producing Bread?
Did LASU make noise?

43 Likes 6 Shares

Re: LASU Replies Critic Of Its LASU Bread Bakery (Pix) by redsun(m): 9:26am On Mar 31, 2023
Of course, Nigeria's level of development is still rudimentary. Instead of focusing on space and nanotechnology research, universities should concentrate on how to improve the country's leadership, food, and hygiene quality.

In a way they are right, but their primitive minds still dread competition.

1 Like

Re: LASU Replies Critic Of Its LASU Bread Bakery (Pix) by JasonScoolari: 9:26am On Mar 31, 2023
Zonefree:

cheesy grin cheesy
Bread of Life.

Department of food science should also introduce Production of Ewa goyin to collaborate with the Bread.
Bread without Ewa is breadless.
I will endorse that combo my brother....

It will add "Nutritional" value to some numb skulls in the school.

Bread without Ewa goyin or Blue Band is breadless.

After all, Man Shall not Live by Bread alone. grin

18 Likes

Re: LASU Replies Critic Of Its LASU Bread Bakery (Pix) by renderme: 9:27am On Mar 31, 2023

1 Like 1 Share

Re: LASU Replies Critic Of Its LASU Bread Bakery (Pix) by Zonefree(m): 9:28am On Mar 31, 2023
renderme:

Did LASU make noise?
Of course they did.

See their VC, A professor being proud of producing Bread in an institution of higher learning. This is gross!

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: LASU Replies Critic Of Its LASU Bread Bakery (Pix) by renderme: 9:30am On Mar 31, 2023
Zonefree:

Of course they did.

See their VC, A professor being proud of producing Bread in an institution of higher learning. This is gross!

It doesn't matter dt she took a picture. You can't knock her just for that. LASU is still the best state University in Nigeria.

31 Likes 6 Shares

Re: LASU Replies Critic Of Its LASU Bread Bakery (Pix) by Zonefree(m): 9:30am On Mar 31, 2023
JasonScoolari:
I will endorse that combo my brother....

It will add "Nutritional" value to some numb skulls in the school.

Bread without Ewa goyin or Blue Band is breadless.

After, Man Shall not Live by Bread alone. grin
grin grin

But, on a serious note, was the VC and LASU expecting Nigerians to applaud them for producing Bread?

9 Likes

Re: LASU Replies Critic Of Its LASU Bread Bakery (Pix) by Zonefree(m): 9:32am On Mar 31, 2023
renderme:

It doesn't matter dt she took a picture. You can't knock her just for that. Fact is LASU is still the best state University in Nigeria and if they have to do other business for funds, they can.
I'm done with you. Shame on all the trees around you for wasting their oxygen on you.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: LASU Replies Critic Of Its LASU Bread Bakery (Pix) by renderme: 9:34am On Mar 31, 2023
Zonefree:

I'm done with you. Shame on all the trees around you for wasting their oxygen on you.
LASU is the BEST STATE UNIVERSITY in Nigeria!

Focus your faux rage on the state Universities that go on strike and can't pay salaries.

39 Likes 4 Shares

Re: LASU Replies Critic Of Its LASU Bread Bakery (Pix) by JasonScoolari: 9:35am On Mar 31, 2023
Zonefree:

grin grin

But, on a serious note, was the VC and LASU expecting Nigerians to applaud them for producing Bread?
She was expecting a National Merit Award for the milestone achievement. grin

8 Likes

Re: LASU Replies Critic Of Its LASU Bread Bakery (Pix) by padi94(m): 9:35am On Mar 31, 2023
Only Nigeria we go see this kind thing... It should HV been on a low key.

This has deeper meaning that the institution management is only out to create revenue for the institutions, away from its primary assignment of higher education.

1 Like

Re: LASU Replies Critic Of Its LASU Bread Bakery (Pix) by Zonefree(m): 9:37am On Mar 31, 2023
JasonScoolari:
She was expecting a National Merit Award for the milestone achievement. grin
Milestone achievement cheesy cheesy. Jay, e don do abeg grin

3 Likes

Re: LASU Replies Critic Of Its LASU Bread Bakery (Pix) by JasonScoolari: 9:39am On Mar 31, 2023
Zonefree:

Milestone achievement cheesy cheesy. Jay, e don do abeg grin
grin

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lady Makes Canadian University Drop Its IELTS Requirement For Nigerian Applicant / Seplat Joint Venture 2019/2020 Scholarship Application Is Ongoing / Ethiopian Woman Sits For Her Exam Just 30 Minutes After Giving Birth (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.