Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,126 members, 7,814,942 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:57 AM

LASU Replies Critic Of Its LASU Bread Bakery (Pix) - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / LASU Replies Critic Of Its LASU Bread Bakery (Pix) (36354 Views)

LASU Bread: Lagos State University Launches LASU Bread Bakery / Kiki Mordi Replies Kemi Olunloyo, Unblocks Her / Can I Study Doctor In OAU With 106 JAMB Score?: Guy Asks; Gets Hilarious Replies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: LASU Replies Critic Of Its LASU Bread Bakery (Pix) by mytime24(f): 9:43am On Mar 31, 2023
Achievement

Bread Science and technology
Re: LASU Replies Critic Of Its LASU Bread Bakery (Pix) by McLizbae: 9:47am On Mar 31, 2023
You still don't understand.
meum:
A very weak response(clap back) in defense of bread baking by an institution of higher learning

1 Like

Re: LASU Replies Critic Of Its LASU Bread Bakery (Pix) by Nobody: 10:18am On Mar 31, 2023
I don't see anything wrong with LASU opening a bakery, and even saying it should be d only bread sold in campus, its even encouraging as long as the bread is affordable and d standard is not low quality, they av a go ahead

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: LASU Replies Critic Of Its LASU Bread Bakery (Pix) by Maxymilliano(m): 10:32am On Mar 31, 2023
Can we see the response by LASU to the claim by Babatunde Irukera, chief executive officer of the Federal Competition and Consumer Protection Commission (FCCPC), who said the directive by LASU “violates competition law” ?

I am afraid this presents a potential violation of competition law. Under the FCCPA, it’s an offense to to limit competition in this manner, LASU is not exempted because govts are also subject when they engage in commerce. I assume this statement doesn’t convey what it says,

1 Like

Re: LASU Replies Critic Of Its LASU Bread Bakery (Pix) by padi94(m): 11:01am On Mar 31, 2023
[quote author=renderme post=122190466]

All campuses make money outside their primary assignment of higher education.

LASUs counterparts outside the country have exclusive campus cafes that sell snacks and coffee and cooked food daily.

They also have their shops that sell University merchandise to students such as mugs, sweatshirts, pens and books.

With all that, they still charge their students at least $10,000 for the cheapest course.
[/quoyou are showing us where they sell academic stuff, Cafe there is privately owned, not by the school. We know those schools abroad are renowned for research, if Lasu and other Nigerian schools had been big on research will they be celebrating bread. Instead of breakthrough in STEM. Why should any institution invest in bakery sef. If them celebrate New library or books shop e make sense. What do they want SMEs around them to survive on abi Lasu dey lack 🍞??

1 Like

Re: LASU Replies Critic Of Its LASU Bread Bakery (Pix) by leanonme82: 11:07am On Mar 31, 2023
Re: LASU Replies Critic Of Its LASU Bread Bakery (Pix) by leanonme82: 11:15am On Mar 31, 2023
[quote author=padi94 post=122192748][/quote]

In my University in the UK, the main lunch room was owned by the school and they employed cooks that made and served food. Students could buy vouchers weekly or for the semester for breakfast/lunch, which was cheaper than tapping your card. All proceeds went to the school, it wasnt private.
There was also a starbucks coffee shop at the top floor of the school shop. That was private.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: LASU Replies Critic Of Its LASU Bread Bakery (Pix) by Herbiodun09: 11:34am On Mar 31, 2023
Zonefree:
I'll suggest Sanwo Olu close down the school and turn it to State Bakery since Bread is their top priority. Rubbish!

How senseless

4 Likes

Re: LASU Replies Critic Of Its LASU Bread Bakery (Pix) by Dpatch(m): 11:36am On Mar 31, 2023
They are trying to say they have programs like grants, research etc that they post quite often but this same people don't react but have only decided to react on this particular one.

It might also be the bread program is to diversify the varsity's line of income...

Morning!

5 Likes

Re: LASU Replies Critic Of Its LASU Bread Bakery (Pix) by confirmIt: 11:37am On Mar 31, 2023
if you need uk or usa number for whatsapp email me
Re: LASU Replies Critic Of Its LASU Bread Bakery (Pix) by adekola4258: 11:49am On Mar 31, 2023
TT...
Re: LASU Replies Critic Of Its LASU Bread Bakery (Pix) by LikeAking: 12:22pm On Mar 31, 2023
Very soon them go start to fry akara...
Re: LASU Replies Critic Of Its LASU Bread Bakery (Pix) by Kingzeez10: 1:49pm On Mar 31, 2023
Obidients are coming to wail as usual

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: LASU Replies Critic Of Its LASU Bread Bakery (Pix) by GeneralPula: 1:50pm On Mar 31, 2023
renderme:

It doesn't matter dt she took a picture. You can't knock her just for that. Fact is LASU is still the best state University in Nigeria. grin
You try sha..

Nah same person dey behind the 2 monikers wey you dey quote..

E get up to 10monikers..

2 Likes

Re: LASU Replies Critic Of Its LASU Bread Bakery (Pix) by dnawah(m): 1:50pm On Mar 31, 2023
meum:
A very weak response(clap back) in defense of bread baking by an institution of higher learning

I understand they want to make money but it’s not an achievement worthy of commendation by an institution of higher learning
imagine finishing school with experience in beckery.u go start somewhere.
Re: LASU Replies Critic Of Its LASU Bread Bakery (Pix) by onuman: 1:52pm On Mar 31, 2023
University competing with farmers who never saw the four walls of a university.
Indian universities are preparing spacecraft. India was once a 3rd World country like Nigeria.

But Nigeria depends on proceeds from crude oil and gas deposits in the Niger Delta to pay for everything.

Worse, Nigeria's roguish political structure and governance system throws up the worst of leaders from every election in Nigeria.
The universities in Nigeria are rotting.
Re: LASU Replies Critic Of Its LASU Bread Bakery (Pix) by Blakjewelry(m): 1:56pm On Mar 31, 2023
fourboys:
That LASU reply no make sense at all...
It made sense perhaps you choose not to see. They replied when Issues grant and the likes are posted on platform like twitter people should not to pay attention or rather it won't trend as a topic rather na this kind one dey sweet them for body.

7 Likes

Re: LASU Replies Critic Of Its LASU Bread Bakery (Pix) by Chetas81(m): 1:56pm On Mar 31, 2023
When man refused to develop their self their environment won't be developed
Re: LASU Replies Critic Of Its LASU Bread Bakery (Pix) by iLoveYouToo(m): 1:57pm On Mar 31, 2023
It’s a good idea but monopolies should be discouraged. Allow for competition if you really want to build your product and make it stand out
Re: LASU Replies Critic Of Its LASU Bread Bakery (Pix) by WhisperedNoise: 2:00pm On Mar 31, 2023
gasparpisciotta:
It is within their rights to insist that LASU bread will be the only bread on Campus

It's wrong.
Re: LASU Replies Critic Of Its LASU Bread Bakery (Pix) by OtuologyProf(m): 2:01pm On Mar 31, 2023
yinkus6750:
Must they react to everything ?
Tho it's good to hear that research & projects have always been posted before bread.

My brother
The problem of our country men could be lack of wet otu.
The sound you hear when pounding a wet otu is enough to take life easily
Imagine this sound
Fukum fukum fukum fukum
Yes daddy ! Come on, daddy mu !

1 Like

Re: LASU Replies Critic Of Its LASU Bread Bakery (Pix) by MatrixCircle: 2:02pm On Mar 31, 2023
The Branding name LASU will not sell the bread. Because LASU has not demonstrated any form of competency in producing a quality and affordable bread. What was the result of the marketing survey. Who are the target market.
If for in instance the key people involved were asked to pitch an investment plan of bread making to a possible investor , What will be thier UNIQUE selling point.
With the Brand LASU on the bread I don't see any unique selling point.
For me it would have made sense if they wrote 100% LASU so we know the plastic bag, product design, the flour etc used in making the bread was made in LASU. We would know the skill man power and technology is they as an institution of higher learning.
Re: LASU Replies Critic Of Its LASU Bread Bakery (Pix) by Unrated900(m): 2:02pm On Mar 31, 2023
meum:

I understand they want to make money but it’s not an achievement worthy of commendation by an institution of higher learning

The vc has low IQ
Re: LASU Replies Critic Of Its LASU Bread Bakery (Pix) by sammirano: 2:03pm On Mar 31, 2023
These people will suddenly die of hate. Like there is nothing going for them so they all hate the Progressive SW. You, people, are pathetic.

2 Likes

Re: LASU Replies Critic Of Its LASU Bread Bakery (Pix) by GetMeRight: 2:04pm On Mar 31, 2023
meum:

Nigerians must criticise anything and everything. FUTA has been making and selling bread for the past 15 years

3 Likes

Re: LASU Replies Critic Of Its LASU Bread Bakery (Pix) by Iwedunloye: 2:04pm On Mar 31, 2023
fourboys:
That LASU reply no make sense at all...

How, or is it because they gave your brother a nice shut up

4 Likes

Re: LASU Replies Critic Of Its LASU Bread Bakery (Pix) by SmartPolician: 2:06pm On Mar 31, 2023
renderme:

You are just being clever by half. Other campuses in Nigeria do it. I know for a fact the only bread and pure water sold in BIU is by their university. And it's not the first.

Nigeria is a poor country with poor people. If you don't want school fees above N150k then allow universities make money in other ways. Education is not cheap.

There's a lot of sense in this comment.

Besides, we deceive ourselves a lot with research in this country. Who does research in this country? Let's admit it - black Africans are too lazy to do research because the government doesn't encourage it. Most of our final year projects ended up as trash and many have been burnt.

We are only interested in results of research so we can sell it and make a lot of money. In serious countries, governments invest massively in research because they want to be ahead, make money and improve lives.
Re: LASU Replies Critic Of Its LASU Bread Bakery (Pix) by slimfit1(m): 2:07pm On Mar 31, 2023
If this is all they can come up with I'll sack the chancellor of the university for poor thinking basically.
Re: LASU Replies Critic Of Its LASU Bread Bakery (Pix) by johnjose68: 2:10pm On Mar 31, 2023
meum:

Go to court

1 Like

Re: LASU Replies Critic Of Its LASU Bread Bakery (Pix) by Nobody: 2:10pm On Mar 31, 2023
renderme:

All campuses make money outside their primary assignment of higher education.

LASUs counterparts outside the country have exclusive campus cafes that sell snacks and coffee and cooked food daily.

They also have their shops that sell University merchandise to students such as monogrammed mugs, t-shirts, sweatshirts, pens and books.

With all that, they still charge their students at least $10,000 for the cheapest course.

You see how mediocrity has messed 15 of you up. why didn't the University of Sussex advertise its cafeteria as an achievement?

Sometimes, Y'all need to slow down before you type

1 Like

Re: LASU Replies Critic Of Its LASU Bread Bakery (Pix) by kingsleefolli(m): 2:11pm On Mar 31, 2023
Check the bakery owner na VC wife or his relative will owns the bakery. Or DEAN of one mumu faculty. Rubishii

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Seplat Joint Venture 2019/2020 Scholarship Application Is Ongoing / Come Study Any Degree Program In France- French Embassy Tells Nigerians / Kaduna University Hikes Tuition Fees From N26000 To N500000 For Non Indigenes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.