Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,148 members, 7,815,020 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:00 AM

Pete Edochie Speaks On Death Of His Grandson; People Like Him Don't Last - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Pete Edochie Speaks On Death Of His Grandson; People Like Him Don't Last (56106 Views)

Pete Edochie Speaks On His Son, Yul Marrying A Second Wife / Pete Edochie Blesses His Grandson, Star Dike Yul Edochie (Photos, Video) / Pete Edochie Speaks On Enugu's Infrastructural Development (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pete Edochie Speaks On Death Of His Grandson; People Like Him Don't Last by living2013(m): 10:31am On Mar 31, 2023
‘He was unusual’, Pete Edochie mourns grandson

*My grandson was unusual person, very brilliant and easy-going —Pete Edochie

LAGOS—Nollywood actor, Yul Edochie, yesterday, lost his first son, Kambilichukwu Edochie.

The son died two months after Edochie celebrated his 16th birthday with his wife, Mary Edochie.

Confirming the sad news to Vanguard, yesterday, Pete Edochie said his son, Yul, called him on the telephone, Wednesday, informing him that Kambilichukwu fell down while playing football with his school mates and developed a seizure.

According to him, the deceased was rushed to the Mother and Child Hospital, Lagos, where he died hours later.

The legendary actor said his family started praying for the child immediately Yul called him on the telephone about the sad incident.

Edochie said: “Kambilinachukwu is a very quiet, brilliant and talented child. He’s not somebody you can ride easily. He doesn’t get angry no matter the situation.

He may change his composure, but he was definitely a very unusual person in so many respects."

“He was so accomplished. I always tell my son that I don’t like people excelling like this in any thing they are involved in. Experience has taught me that such people don’t last long.”

Edochie said it was unfortunate that his grandson died while he had shown great promise.

Meanwhile, both Yul and his first wife, May, haven’t broken their silence since the incident.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2023/03/pete-edochie-mourns-grandsons-death/amp/

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Pete Edochie Speaks On Death Of His Grandson; People Like Him Don't Last by Nobody: 10:33am On Mar 31, 2023
So sad, obviously he has a good heart as that of his mother. May God console them. Very sad

55 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Pete Edochie Speaks On Death Of His Grandson; People Like Him Don't Last by advanceDNA: 10:35am On Mar 31, 2023
IyaebeTheGreat:
c

If u say any vawulence thing there !!!! Im watching you

143 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Pete Edochie Speaks On Death Of His Grandson; People Like Him Don't Last by Nawttiboi007(m): 10:46am On Mar 31, 2023
Hmm.. so very deep words.

Not for the shallow minded.

104 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Pete Edochie Speaks On Death Of His Grandson; People Like Him Don't Last by Nobody: 10:54am On Mar 31, 2023
advanceDNA:

If u say any vawulence thing there !!!! Im watching you
Nooo haba , I said nice things.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pete Edochie Speaks On Death Of His Grandson; People Like Him Don't Last by highchief1: 10:59am On Mar 31, 2023
living2013:
Veteran actor, Pete Edochie, mourns the death of his grandson, Kambilichukwu Edochie.

Verifying the sad news to vanguard, the actor said his son, Yul, called him on the telephone on Wednesday, informing him that Kambilichukwu fell down while playing football with his school mates and developed a seizure.

In his words, the deceased was rushed to the Mother and Child Hospital, Lagos, where he died hours later.

The actor said his family started praying for the child immediately Yul called him on the telephone about the sad happening.

“Kambilinachukwu is a very quiet, brilliant and talented child. He is not somebody you can ride easily. He doesn’t get angry no matter the situation,” Edochie said.

“He may change his composure, but he was definitely a very unusual person in so many respects. He was so accomplished. I always tell my son that I don’t like people excelling like this in anything they are involved in. Experience has taught me that such people don’t last long.” he added.

Edochie said it was unfortunate that his grandson died while he had shown great promise.

https://infomme.com/pete-edochie-speaks-on-death-of-his-grandson-kimilichukwu
/

those were my dads words.he was never too comfortable with being too fast.My dad will say if u achieve what ppl should achieve at 70 while u r 30 u should also be ready to die when those that are 70 are dying.But it doesn’t really apply in all cases.

200 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Pete Edochie Speaks On Death Of His Grandson; People Like Him Don't Last by TradingGod: 11:03am On Mar 31, 2023

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Pete Edochie Speaks On Death Of His Grandson; People Like Him Don't Last by highchief1: 11:03am On Mar 31, 2023
TradingGod:
very stupid mindset

who is stupid?

1 Like

Re: Pete Edochie Speaks On Death Of His Grandson; People Like Him Don't Last by TradingGod: 11:05am On Mar 31, 2023
highchief1:
who is stupid?

Not stupid per say but it it's that type of mindset that have limited the youth from achieving great things in life

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pete Edochie Speaks On Death Of His Grandson; People Like Him Don't Last by highchief1: 11:08am On Mar 31, 2023
TradingGod:

Not stupid per say but it it's that type of mindset that have limited the youth from achieving great things in life
nah,old ppl have the way the reason it doesn’t get to us.the statement just reminded me of my dad.I realized men of that generation have same mindset.Bro but take it or leave it,fast life is not easy.it’s just like fast car.

58 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pete Edochie Speaks On Death Of His Grandson; People Like Him Don't Last by TradingGod: 11:13am On Mar 31, 2023
highchief1:
nah,old ppl have the way the reason it doesn’t get to us.the statement just reminded me of my dad.I realized men of that generation have same mindset.Bro but take it or leave it,fast life is not easy.it’s just like fast car.

Patience is the Key to true success
But knowledge is the door to the success

The reason why those old people say what they say is because back then it was difficult to get access to the knowledge that will take them to the next level

But today you can easily access the knowledge you need to take you to the next level without waiting till you reach 50 years

With knowledge, a kid of 18 years can make millions from the comfort of his home because he has access to the knowledge that can take him to the next level

So my brother you see that there is nothing like fast life if you know what you are doing

90 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Pete Edochie Speaks On Death Of His Grandson; People Like Him Don't Last by yeyebrity: 11:19am On Mar 31, 2023
The greatest fulfillment of any parent is not in birthing children but raising well behaved and disciplined kids.

Rest in Peace my Kambili. I know you were a good kid and good people hardly last long in life.

Going down memory lane, I was less than 5 the first time I heard that someone had died. I just kept wondering what death meant and what the fuss was about.

Thinking about it now makes me realize that the greatest treasure in life is being a child. Children easily get over grieve, unlike adults. May God grant the parents the fortitude to bear the loss. Amen!

53 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Pete Edochie Speaks On Death Of His Grandson; People Like Him Don't Last by highchief1: 11:21am On Mar 31, 2023
TradingGod:

Patience is the Key to true success
But knowledge is the door to the success

The reason why those old people say what they say is because back then it was difficult to get access to the knowledge that will take them to the next level

But today you can easily access the knowledge you need to take you to the next level without waiting till you reach 50 years

With knowledge, a kid of 18 years can make millions from the comfort of his home because he has access to the knowledge that can take him to the next level

So my brother you see that there is nothing like fast life if you know what you are doing

when the kid of 18yrs now makes the money or success managing it becomes a problem.Why do you think most yahoo boys are having issues ranging from health and all.Bro the way a 40yrs man will handle 500m can never be the same way a 20yrs man will handle it.We have a parable in my place that says if thgs are going too smooth for u then u must be very careful.

68 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Pete Edochie Speaks On Death Of His Grandson; People Like Him Don't Last by TradingGod: 11:36am On Mar 31, 2023
highchief1:
when the kid of 18yrs now makes the money or success managing it becomes a problem.Why do you think most yahoo boys are having issues ranging from health and all.Bro the way a 40yrs man will handle 500m can never be the same way a 20yrs man will handle it.We have a parable in my place that says if thgs are going too smooth for u then u must be very careful.

I have seen young men of 21 years turn 1 million into 8 million in 1 year

Don't categories yahoo boys with all the hardworking young men in the country

You don't need a specific age to be successful

All you need is Lord Jesus Christ, Your Skill and Your Hardwork

Bukayo Saka of arsenal is only 21 years old but he is paid £300k weekly at arsenal

And by the way when things are going smooth for you, you thank God and bless others.

Stop expecting bad things to happen to you because you are enjoying life

The Europeans, they enjoy their life and they still die at a very old age

63 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Pete Edochie Speaks On Death Of His Grandson; People Like Him Don't Last by highchief1: 11:44am On Mar 31, 2023
TradingGod:

I have seen young men of 21 years turn 1 million into 8 million in 1 year

Don't categories yahoo boys with all the hardworking young men in the country

You don't need a specific age to be successful

All you need is Lord Jesus Christ, Your Skill and Your Hardwork

Bukayo Saka of arsenal is only 21 years old but he is paid £300k weekly at arsenal

And by the way when things are going smooth for you, you thank God and bless others.

Stop expecting bad things to happen to you because you are enjoying life

The Europeans, they enjoy their life and they still die at a very old age
I get u o.thank God u said Europeans.u know we and them are not the same.Bros I started making money early in life.I know what I went through.Before I thought spiritually if you are not chasing anyone then nobody will be chasing u.I almost died.Africa is not Europe.bro if ur doing well be careful.Why do u think our rich men don’t eat or drink outside.Do Europeans envy?envy starts and ends with Africa.

43 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pete Edochie Speaks On Death Of His Grandson; People Like Him Don't Last by TradingGod: 12:09pm On Mar 31, 2023
highchief1:
I get u o.thank God u said Europeans.u know we and them are not the same.Bros I started making money early in life.I know what I went through.Before I thought spiritually if you are not chasing anyone then nobody will be chasing u.I almost died.Africa is not Europe.bro if ur doing well be careful.Why do u think our rich men don’t eat or drink outside.Do Europeans envy?envy starts and ends with Africa.
Lol, I get it now

Poor Africans have this inferiority complex that will lead to envy when they see someone younger than them making it in life

And we have many poor Africans so the envy go choke

But you see that is why we need Lord Jesus Christ because in Him alone we find safety

Making money at a very young is a blessing especially when you are able to multiply the money by creating other stream of incomes. cool

20 Likes

Re: Pete Edochie Speaks On Death Of His Grandson; People Like Him Don't Last by highchief1: 12:13pm On Mar 31, 2023
TradingGod:

Lol, I get it now

Poor Africans have this inferiority complex that will lead to envy when they see someone younger than them making it in life

And we have many poor Africans so the envy go choke

But you see that is why we need Lord Jesus Christ because in Him alone we find safety

Making money at a very young is a blessing especially when you are able to multiply the money by creating other stream of incomes. cool
this envy and war no be strangers o.inside my family I Dey hear bad comments.e Dey do pass em self because e get money.All those kind talk.na run I run comot for Nigeria.u see why some ppl travel out and don’t want to return again?

16 Likes

Re: Pete Edochie Speaks On Death Of His Grandson; People Like Him Don't Last by floss(m): 12:17pm On Mar 31, 2023
All those saying fast lane are daft, nothing like fast lane. Success doesn't know fast lane or a lane that's a slowpoke, to succeed you just need the following

1. The right/ enabling environment
2. The right attitude towards money
3. A good perfect family background
4. Little entrepreneurial skill.

1. The right/ enabling environment

A boy in a typical Nigerian village has a lesser chances of making it compared to his counterpart in major Nigerian city, same way with a boy in New York making it compared to another boy in Lagos.

2. The right attitude towards money

If the way you're brought up, you don't appreciate the principle of savings and multiplying your money through investment rather you believe in leading an extravagant life, you will struggle with success compared to the person that invest and spends diligently.

3. A good perfect family background

Coming from a family that has connections in high places whether they're poor or rich is a big plus towards anyone being successful compared to the one that has none, poor and no connection.

4. Little entrepreneurial skill.
This one is the final, it's like the soil you sow your seed, when you have all the factors from 1-3, what ever you decides to do, all you need is show some efforts, the grass will continue to be greener for you.

In conclusion, when you have all these as a 15years old boy, there's a very high tendency that you will become a millionaire before you turn 18, so will you say such child is on a fast lane because he achieved what others that have non of his privileges normally achieve at 40 and above?

14 Likes

Re: Pete Edochie Speaks On Death Of His Grandson; People Like Him Don't Last by oshonwambada: 12:59pm On Mar 31, 2023
highchief1:
Wise saying bro. You are talking out of experience and indomie generation can't comprehend

12 Likes

Re: Pete Edochie Speaks On Death Of His Grandson; People Like Him Don't Last by ogoloray(m): 3:02pm On Mar 31, 2023
B
Re: Pete Edochie Speaks On Death Of His Grandson; People Like Him Don't Last by cococandy(f): 3:03pm On Mar 31, 2023
Can’t even imagine the heartbreak

6 Likes

Re: Pete Edochie Speaks On Death Of His Grandson; People Like Him Don't Last by EriMma1: 3:04pm On Mar 31, 2023
I don't understand. So for someone to last, they must not excel or have a smooth sail through life?
He's too young for this kind of philosophy na. At least, if he had achieved greater milestones and married before age 20, then I can listen but he has not even completed his secondary education. So where and how much has he excelled to make grandpa come up with this assertions? I no gree abeg.

I hope this is not a ploy to shift peoples attention from the dust many are already raising about this boys death.

Anyways, sorry about your loss, Sir Pete Edochie.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pete Edochie Speaks On Death Of His Grandson; People Like Him Don't Last by Mercury12(m): 3:04pm On Mar 31, 2023
Oga with due respect watch your utterances.
There are millions or billions of people with same kinda personality doing well in life. Being introverted is not a curse abeg

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Pete Edochie Speaks On Death Of His Grandson; People Like Him Don't Last by Akwamkpuruamu: 3:05pm On Mar 31, 2023
Deep! He faded like a candle in the wind!!

All those bringing up polygamy into this case should be in same room, locked up with Portable Zazooo

2 Likes

Re: Pete Edochie Speaks On Death Of His Grandson; People Like Him Don't Last by dododawa1: 3:07pm On Mar 31, 2023
Soul rest in peace
Re: Pete Edochie Speaks On Death Of His Grandson; People Like Him Don't Last by Lovelyn451(f): 3:08pm On Mar 31, 2023
this Pete sef no too clean for my eyes, talking like a mafian, which one is he was too fast, my son is this smart and unusual too, excelling effortlessly and acts like he's seen it all, so fulfilled..my husband says he's his father and he'll live to a good ripe old age...amen

12 Likes

Re: Pete Edochie Speaks On Death Of His Grandson; People Like Him Don't Last by dyera(m): 3:08pm On Mar 31, 2023
This is why I would advice polygamous men, have each of your wife and their children live in different city to avoid stories that touch the heart. This is the best way to manage polygamous family. If the second wife is not willing to live in a different city, don agree to marry her.

4 Likes

Re: Pete Edochie Speaks On Death Of His Grandson; People Like Him Don't Last by Wealthoptulent(m): 3:08pm On Mar 31, 2023
shocked shocked the Granpy's grumpy feeling toward death.. we all know the feeling when love ones are lost to hands of Death
Re: Pete Edochie Speaks On Death Of His Grandson; People Like Him Don't Last by verybadmouth(m): 3:09pm On Mar 31, 2023
Rest on son
Re: Pete Edochie Speaks On Death Of His Grandson; People Like Him Don't Last by MorolayoVictor(m): 3:09pm On Mar 31, 2023
Rest in peace

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Olu Jacobs Steps Out Joke Silva First Time After Rumored Death / Vin Diesel Surprised With A Muscle Car On His Birthday (video) / Yes, Wizkid Made History And So Did Davido, But I Stand With One Africa.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.