Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,663 members, 7,816,702 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:40 PM

6 Must-have International Money Transfer Apps For Nigerians - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 6 Must-have International Money Transfer Apps For Nigerians (3915 Views)

Money Transfer From Nigeria To UK / Derailer Thread: Meeting Point For Nigerians/Africans In Scandanavia / Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

6 Must-have International Money Transfer Apps For Nigerians by Pay4MeApp: 1:18pm On Mar 31, 2023
In this thread, we have compared the different features, delivery times, exchange rates, and other important features of many financial apps to highlight the six best international money transfer apps for Nigerians.
Re: 6 Must-have International Money Transfer Apps For Nigerians by Pay4MeApp: 1:18pm On Mar 31, 2023
Here’s a summary of these money transfer apps and the things we like about them:

1. WorldRemit: A multi-currency money transfer app with no hidden costs and offers service in more than 130 countries.

2. Wise: An effective money transfer app for personal and business customers with the mid-market exchange rate

3. Remitly: Excellent for people who want to make low-cost payments to their family and friends.

4. OFX: It offers a 24/7 phone service and ensures you receive personal support.

5. Western Union: The app allows you to transact business almost anywhere.

6. Pay4Me App: A seamless transfer app built for international students that offers the most competitive exchange rate and swiftness in every transaction.

We selected based on the Google Play store and Apple store rating data and customer reviews, including service efficiency.

1 Like

Re: 6 Must-have International Money Transfer Apps For Nigerians by Pay4MeApp: 1:21pm On Mar 31, 2023
WorldRemit

The WorldRemit app allows you to send money to your loved ones within minutes, while some transfers get to the recipients within 24 hours in any part of the world. In addition, when you introduce someone to the app, you receive a voucher for your subsequent transactions.

Pros

· No minimum transfer amount

· Easy-to-use website

· Large range of destinations

· Many transfer options

· Fast transfer option.

Cons

· Complex transfer fees

· Limits on large transfers to specific destinations

· Maximum transfer amounts

· Unpredictable fee structure

· No currency hedging options

Features
1. Instant money transfers

2. Track your transfers

3. Real-time exchange rates

4. Zero fees on your first three money transfers

Fees and exchange rates: low, transparent fees and not completely predictable

Safety: Fully regulated

Speed: Most transfers arrive in 24 hours, while some happen within minutes

WorldRemit offers different transfer methods and accepts payment from payment platforms, but not Google Pay. The app monitor accounts for unusual activity.

When you accidentally transfer money to the wrong recipient, the app can recall your transaction if you can contact WorldRemit immediately.

How do I send money with WorldRemit?
Download the iOS or Android versions of the World Remit app.

· Login to your account and

· Choose the destination country

· Select the transfer method

· Enter the amount you want to send

· Add your recipient's information, including their name, contact information, and account details to the money being sent (if applicable). Continuation: https://pay4me.app/blog/139/6-best-international-money-transfer-apps-for-nigerians
Re: 6 Must-have International Money Transfer Apps For Nigerians by Pay4MeApp: 1:22pm On Mar 31, 2023
Wise

Wise has become an excellent choice for people who want to transact in less popular currencies with no hidden charges. The app offers users multi-currency accounts in over 80 countries at a transparent transfer fee.

Pros

· Mid-market exchange rates and transparent service fees

· 40% of transfers are instant, 80% are delivered within 24 hours

· Registered with FinCEN

· All services are available online or in the Wise app

· Personal, business, and enterprise level services are available

Cons

· No branch network

· Variable fees and limits apply

· Accounts are not interest bearing

· Services, fees, and delivery times vary based on the destination

· Transfers to bank accounts only

· A one-time fee to open a business account or get a debit card

Features

1. Multi-currency account

2. Wise Card

3. Wise Assets

4. Business Account

Fees and exchange rates: low, transparent fees and mid-market exchange rate

Safety: Fully regulated worldwide

Speed: most transfers are instant; 90% arrive in 24 hours

Wise links your debit card for easy transactions and offers no monthly fee or minimum balance before usage. Hence, you can use your Wise account for any financial transaction.

How do I send money with Wise?
Download the Wise app from the Google Play store or Apple store, or sign up with Wise online.

· Type in how much you'd like to transfer.

· The kind of transfer

· Fill in your details

· The details of who you're sending money to

· Review the details of your transfer.

· Choose your transfer type and how to pay
Re: 6 Must-have International Money Transfer Apps For Nigerians by Pay4MeApp: 1:24pm On Mar 31, 2023
Pay4Me

Pay4Me App provides seamless financial transactions for international students and immigrants. In addition, the financial app allows users to make instant payments to schools, businesses, and loved ones without the lengthy and costly process of traditional banking and payment providers.

Pros

· Peer-to-peer financial support

· Easy to register an account

· Low, transparent service fees

· All services are available online

· 24/7 support

Cons

· Peer-to-peer transfer only in Nigeria (plans to expand to other countries)

· No fixed exchange rate

Features
1. Free instant peer-to-peer transfers

2. Loan feature

3. Fund wallet availability

4. Payment History

5. Real-Time Updates on Transaction Status

6. Referral Bonus

7. Cash backs and withdrawals

8. Active community, offers, and perks

Fees and exchange rates: Pay4Me App has no hidden transfer fee and offers the most competitive exchange rate

Safety: Fully authorized and safe to use

Speed: Transactions happen within 10 minutes, while transfers can take 24 hours to three days, depending on service.

Pay4Me partners with licensed and accredited money transmitters, banking partners, student loan companies, immigration firms, colleges, and universities. Users pay in their local currencies when they can pay on the platform.

How to send money with Pay4Me?

· Download the Pay4Me App from the Google Play store or Apple store

· Navigate to “Payments” and select your payment option

· Fill in your payment details and additional information.

· Proceed to the payment page and pay in your local currency using a bank transfer or Card.

· You'll get a confirmation mail from Pay4Me App.
Re: 6 Must-have International Money Transfer Apps For Nigerians by VenExchangee: 1:35pm On Mar 31, 2023
OP, I've been looking for a way to send money to from Nigeria to Thailand, apart from crypto.
The last time I called my account officer if I can send via western union, she said I can receive but can't send, pls any recommendations?
Re: 6 Must-have International Money Transfer Apps For Nigerians by Pay4MeApp: 2:40pm On Apr 01, 2023
VenExchangee:
OP, I've been looking for a way to send money to from Nigeria to Thailand, apart from crypto.
The last time I called my account officer if I can send via western union, she said I can receive but can't send, pls any recommendations?

Hi,
You can use the "Others" payment option on the Pay4Me App to send money from Nigeria to Thailand
Re: 6 Must-have International Money Transfer Apps For Nigerians by Whois(m): 4:20pm On Apr 01, 2023
Have you heard of Sendwave
Re: 6 Must-have International Money Transfer Apps For Nigerians by iykejohnson(m): 8:56am On Apr 02, 2023
Whois:
Have you heard of Sendwave
How is the sendwave?
Re: 6 Must-have International Money Transfer Apps For Nigerians by Whois(m): 9:55am On Apr 02, 2023
You get your foreign notes in cash so you can keep it or exchange it at black market rate in your convenient time

iykejohnson:

How is the sendwave?
Re: 6 Must-have International Money Transfer Apps For Nigerians by Ajakaiye83: 4:41pm On Jun 13, 2023
Pay4MeApp:
In this thread, we have compared the different features, delivery times, exchange rates, and other important features of many financial apps to highlight the six best international money transfer apps for Nigerians.

can I USE PAY4ME TO PAY UK SCHOOL DEPOSIT?
Re: 6 Must-have International Money Transfer Apps For Nigerians by Pay4MeApp: 11:20am On Jun 15, 2023
Ajakaiye83:

Yes, you can.
Re: 6 Must-have International Money Transfer Apps For Nigerians by Ajakaiye83: 3:17pm On Jul 11, 2023
PAY4 ME WAS CRAZY EXPENSIVE.

SO i use virtual card by bitnobs. Voila I have paid
Re: 6 Must-have International Money Transfer Apps For Nigerians by MrJoseph92: 5:42pm On Jul 12, 2023
Ajakaiye83:

Of course.
Re: 6 Must-have International Money Transfer Apps For Nigerians by Annie2059: 10:28am On Aug 16, 2023
Pay4MeApp:
WorldRemit

The WorldRemit app allows you to send money to your loved ones within minutes, while some transfers get to the recipients within 24 hours in any part of the world. In addition, when you introduce someone to the app, you receive a voucher for your subsequent transactions.

Pros

· No minimum transfer amount

· Easy-to-use website

· Large range of destinations

· Many transfer options

· Fast transfer option.

Cons

· Complex transfer fees

· Limits on large transfers to specific destinations

· Maximum transfer amounts

· Unpredictable fee structure

· No currency hedging options

Features
1. Instant money transfers

2. Track your transfers

3. Real-time exchange rates

4. Zero fees on your first three money transfers

Fees and exchange rates: low, transparent fees and not completely predictable

Safety: Fully regulated

Speed: Most transfers arrive in 24 hours, while some happen within minutes

WorldRemit offers different transfer methods and accepts payment from payment platforms, but not Google Pay. The app monitor accounts for unusual activity.

When you accidentally transfer money to the wrong recipient, the app can recall your transaction if you can contact WorldRemit immediately.

How do I send money with WorldRemit?
Download the iOS or Android versions of the World Remit app.

· Login to your account and

· Choose the destination country

· Select the transfer method

· Enter the amount you want to send

· Add your recipient's information, including their name, contact information, and account details to the money being sent (if applicable). Continuation: https://pay4me.app/blog/139/6-best-international-money-transfer-apps-for-nigerians

Pls can one receive Euro direct to your Naira account through worldremit?
Re: 6 Must-have International Money Transfer Apps For Nigerians by MavrikOS: 9:47am On Apr 30
I've used some of these, but omo, some of their exchange rates can kill. Anyways, you can also try WeWire www.wewire.com for business or high value money transfers.

(1) (Reply)

9 People In One Bike / 5 Hardest Countries To Get Citizenship / Women In Berlin Can Now Swim Topless In Public Pools - Just Like Men Can

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.