Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,421 members, 7,812,237 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:27 AM

Why Is Christianity Failing Nigeria? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Is Christianity Failing Nigeria? (931 Views)

Is Christianity About To Collapse? Israel Approves LGBTQ Surrogacy / Man "Cured" Of HIV By Pastor Alph Lakau, Dies After Failing To Take His Drugs / Why Is Christianity Divided With So Many Denomination Unlike Muslim. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is Christianity Failing Nigeria? by QueenNyakim: 9:27am On Apr 04, 2023
madridguy:
Embrace peace and stop creating divisions.

I agree with this. Maybe religious people should take this advice to heart.

Not true. Christianity is a religion with a book. A book you must mature enough to read and grow to understand, which makes the book a tool to exercise your brain on so you know how to use it better.

As chewing stick is to teeth, so is Bible to brain.

If you actually took the time to read that stupid ancient book and examined it with a critical mind, you would most likely be an atheist if not, then a deist or agnostic.

The bible is full of fantasy stories that it claims happened yet has no evidence to back any of it up. All of the fiction in that stupid book was ripped off from other religious beliefs that predated it like the Noah flood from the Epic of Gilgamesh or the Jesus story written 300 years later being an exact copy of the Horus journey from the ancient Egyptian beliefs from 2200 BCE. Funny thing, Jesus doesn't even exist! There is no archaeological record in Italian/Roman history of a man named Jesus Christ in their execution list and the Romans recorded every execution they carried out. Creation myth, Earth being 6,000 years old, and being center of the universe is debunked by the Bang Big theory as well as Evolution. There is no logical reason to believe in Christianity or Islam.

Nevermind that your "all-loving" god endorses slavery, rape, homophobia, misogyny, genocide, incest, pedophilia, and filicide and is a very insecure being who demands human worship every seven days or else your going to hell. Even if Satan did exist, he sounds like a pretty cool dude. Gave humanity freedom by making them aquire knowledge of good and evil and attain free will while Christian god sounding more like a fascist dictator wanting control every aspect of your life.
Re: Why Is Christianity Failing Nigeria? by Ernesthugo(m): 8:33am On Jul 31, 2023
hi bro

how are you?

can you help me i just posted on technology market and got banned and i dont know why?

any way i have ssd and rams in hundreds

thanks

ddr4 to ddr5 and pcie and nvme.
Re: Why Is Christianity Failing Nigeria? by budaatum: 1:07pm On Aug 01, 2023
sotall:

To read and sing it is one thing but the reality facing you is different. Of what use is "unity" written in words when the country is divided along multiple lines? undecided undecided

Secondly, seems you are really inspired by texts from Abrahamic religions as you always back up your opinions with them.

But i say to you Budaatum, why not try to experience the the human-God consciousness the writers of these books experienced thousands of years ago? And then you can write down the nature of your God and his will for mankind.
I am very sure what you will write down will be significantly different from what you currently read in the bible and Quran.

First, I am inspired by every book I read. And yes, religious books inspire me or I would not bother reading them. These days I actually read books to program my thinking, and I ensure they do by reading them (or should I say the one book that I have been reading for years now) many times over.

Second, the human-god consciousness bears no actual meaning to me, and it's more important that I increase my own consciousness of myself and be conscious of those around me. I am after all aware that humans wrote the books and therefore created the gods, so why am I bothering about the gods they wrote about as opposed to the consciousness that made them write the books, and how it's readers perceive what they read?

As for unity, say I form a company and hire people, I'd be stupid not to hire the best candidates who would increase my profit regardless of their religion or tribe, and those who do hire based on religion or tribe tend to fail a lot. And it's not so much unity that would make me disregard tribe and religion of those I hire but my greed and my desire for huge profit. It doesn’t matter if a person is Muslim or Christian or whatever so long as the person makes me profit.

Re: Why Is Christianity Failing Nigeria? by MightySparrow: 2:29pm On Aug 01, 2023
Bóun Emmanuel said this almost two decades ago

(1) (2) (Reply)

Brotherly Love! / Finally Available To All - Absolute Historical Proof : Jews Are Not Israelites! / The Sixth And Seventh Books Of Moses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.