Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,603 members, 7,809,189 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:57 AM

Banks Push Out Dirty, Mutilated Notes As New Naira Scarcity Persists - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Banks Push Out Dirty, Mutilated Notes As New Naira Scarcity Persists (24260 Views)

Forex Scarcity Persists As CBN Resumes Intervention / CBN Imposes Penalty On Banks For Mutilated Notes / CBN To Withdraw N7.9tr Dirty, Mutilated Notes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Banks Push Out Dirty, Mutilated Notes As New Naira Scarcity Persists by just2endowed: 10:10am On Apr 01, 2023
Skillsnigeria:
They packed useless dirty note give me

Same here... One hundred naira note was so bad, I feel like not touching It. Now I want to spend the mutilated note but sellers are not accepting it. Even bus drivers. I have to return everything when I am chanced

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Banks Push Out Dirty, Mutilated Notes As New Naira Scarcity Persists by orikoku: 10:12am On Apr 01, 2023
Everybody are now hoarding money, no one is taking money to the bank for deposit. This policy has destroyed a lot of things.
Re: Banks Push Out Dirty, Mutilated Notes As New Naira Scarcity Persists by HeroicMeastro: 10:14am On Apr 01, 2023
Re: Banks Push Out Dirty, Mutilated Notes As New Naira Scarcity Persists by Carlylepneuma: 10:17am On Apr 01, 2023
adenigga:

Source: https://punchng.com/Banks-push-out-dirty-mutilated-notes-as-new-naira-scarcity-persists
went to bank my self few days back due to the odour snorted frm d old notes I started sneezing which later turn out to be caterh, still suffering from it till dis moment. The banks or d CBN needs to do something about it for d sake of d customers health as well as there staff.
Re: Banks Push Out Dirty, Mutilated Notes As New Naira Scarcity Persists by Frontdude(m): 10:18am On Apr 01, 2023
cheesy
Nigerians be saving the new notes for rainy days
Re: Banks Push Out Dirty, Mutilated Notes As New Naira Scarcity Persists by Olodo24: 10:20am On Apr 01, 2023
lavylilly:
cheesy
The poster above works in first bank but claims he work with a multinational

For this naija, somethings sound so dumb. So in other words, they want the money to be as intact as it came out?, as if it's our fault. I just saw 200 naira note of 2015 (6yrs) still in circulation so how e no go tear?

Staff of bank shave been doing this even before CBN Naira design, bankers take it form their vault and spend then back to the street.

New noted have become scarce. Nigeria my country, you had better leave this country if you are less than 30yrs
The third paragraph is the pure truth. The American film, Mad Money comes to mind

1 Like

Re: Banks Push Out Dirty, Mutilated Notes As New Naira Scarcity Persists by Dickcap: 10:21am On Apr 01, 2023
We too dy complain about everything for dis country.
Re: Banks Push Out Dirty, Mutilated Notes As New Naira Scarcity Persists by Kobicove(m): 10:21am On Apr 01, 2023
Offpoint1:
Una need *OLD* note back, dem give una old note una dey complain.

Scarcity go persist because everyone dey withdraw, nobody is depositing again.

You dey mind them, always complaining undecided
Re: Banks Push Out Dirty, Mutilated Notes As New Naira Scarcity Persists by Kobicove(m): 10:23am On Apr 01, 2023
lavylilly:
cheesy
The poster above works in first bank but claims he work with a multinational

For this naija, somethings sound so dumb. So in other words, they want the money to be as intact as it came out?, as if it's our fault. I just saw 200 naira note of 2015 (6yrs) still in circulation so how e no go tear?

Staff of bank shave been doing this even before CBN Naira design, bankers take it form their vault and spend then back to the street.

New noted have become scarce. Nigeria my country, you had better leave this country if you are less than 30yrs

For your info First Bank is a multinational! grin

2 Likes

Re: Banks Push Out Dirty, Mutilated Notes As New Naira Scarcity Persists by lavylilly: 10:23am On Apr 01, 2023
grin
Kobicove:

For your info First Bank is a multinational! grin
Re: Banks Push Out Dirty, Mutilated Notes As New Naira Scarcity Persists by Emma513: 10:24am On Apr 01, 2023
saheed24:
All i know is that God will punish emefiele for this fraud of the century.
YES BOTH HIM AND BUHARI AND THIER SUPPORTERs

1 Like

Re: Banks Push Out Dirty, Mutilated Notes As New Naira Scarcity Persists by Brushstrokes20: 10:26am On Apr 01, 2023
# LIFELESS LEGACIES undecided
The lifeless fiasco and emeFAILURE are Nigeria's WORST BLUNDERS!... Such a catastrophic combo!

Useless govt of self serving THIEVES AND BLOODTHIRSTY TERRORISTS.
Re: Banks Push Out Dirty, Mutilated Notes As New Naira Scarcity Persists by Ijaya123: 10:29am On Apr 01, 2023
Brendaniel:
The same way APC should be pushed out of Nigeria, they have become Nigeria's biggest problem at the national level....,,...

You can attempt that again in four years time.
Re: Banks Push Out Dirty, Mutilated Notes As New Naira Scarcity Persists by Brendaniel: 10:31am On Apr 01, 2023
Ijaya123:

You can attempt that again in four years time.

No we won't wait, we are doing it now...
Re: Banks Push Out Dirty, Mutilated Notes As New Naira Scarcity Persists by God2man2again(m): 10:34am On Apr 01, 2023
Time to be careful
Re: Banks Push Out Dirty, Mutilated Notes As New Naira Scarcity Persists by caandi: 10:58am On Apr 01, 2023
Please let us not heard that covid is back cos of these new notes !
Lobatan!
Re: Banks Push Out Dirty, Mutilated Notes As New Naira Scarcity Persists by Tonytonex(m): 11:12am On Apr 01, 2023
Offpoint1:
Una need *OLD* note back, dem give una old note una dey complain.

Scarcity go persist because everyone dey withdraw, nobody is depositing again.
but what were you expecting before. People don suffer. Nobody go deposit cash for banks again
Re: Banks Push Out Dirty, Mutilated Notes As New Naira Scarcity Persists by CodeTemplar: 11:27am On Apr 01, 2023
Serves them well. When the money was being printed, the abuse of the notes was out of this world. Deliberate mutilation, squeezing and rough handling. Now let us manage the mutilated ones in circulation.
Re: Banks Push Out Dirty, Mutilated Notes As New Naira Scarcity Persists by Bluntemperor: 11:28am On Apr 01, 2023
GreatrAnalyst:
Most of the old notes have been destroyed already as seen from a video in the public domain.
But why won't CBN release the new notes also??

You asked a very good question!
This should be directed at CBN ,for if Nigerians don't have the New Naira Notes by now,is it by December they would qué again to have new notes?

1 Like

Re: Banks Push Out Dirty, Mutilated Notes As New Naira Scarcity Persists by Bfly: 11:34am On Apr 01, 2023
Bankers spending money that are meant to be disposed for free.
Re: Banks Push Out Dirty, Mutilated Notes As New Naira Scarcity Persists by Agboogashi: 11:44am On Apr 01, 2023
What's really the problem of this Emefiele man. When court ruled that the old should be used along with the new until 31st December, the clueless man maintained initially that the old was no longer valid, before belatedly agreeing to comply with the court order. Now instead of availing the banks of the new currency he was obstinately bent on replacing the new ones with, he is pushing back the mutilated rotten old currency into circulation again.
Re: Banks Push Out Dirty, Mutilated Notes As New Naira Scarcity Persists by Agboogashi: 11:46am On Apr 01, 2023
What's really the problem of this Emefiele man. When court ruled that the old should be used along with the new until 31st December, the clueless man maintained initially that the old was no longer valid, before belatedly agreeing to comply with the court order. Now instead of availing the banks of the new currency he was obstinately bent on replacing with the new ones, he is pushing back the mutilated rotten old currency into circulation again.
Re: Banks Push Out Dirty, Mutilated Notes As New Naira Scarcity Persists by ahnie: 11:47am On Apr 01, 2023
This same nonsense that stressed my lil son and I at the bank,that forced my son to be eating eggroll and sipping coca cola .

Nonsense...
Thinking of it alone I wish I can suit Access bank for that shit.
Re: Banks Push Out Dirty, Mutilated Notes As New Naira Scarcity Persists by jimcaddy(m): 11:48am On Apr 01, 2023
You see Godwin Emefiele ehn. I wish I had the power to sack him. Honestly that man has failed Nigerians, him, Professor Mahmood needs to be shown the way out of their exalted positions.
Re: Banks Push Out Dirty, Mutilated Notes As New Naira Scarcity Persists by iammolise(m): 12:19pm On Apr 01, 2023
Which "stability in exchange rate" undecided
Dollar is still #460 now... The same exchange rate the clueless administration skyrocketed beyond salvage. Let's stop deceiving ourselves abeg undecided

Re: Banks Push Out Dirty, Mutilated Notes As New Naira Scarcity Persists by Ijaya123: 12:40pm On Apr 01, 2023
Brendaniel:

No we won't wait, we are doing it now...

Awon oni yęyę. Ẹwọn idi ẹ a pẹ ju ti ọbọ lọ
😂😂😁
Re: Banks Push Out Dirty, Mutilated Notes As New Naira Scarcity Persists by denitro(m): 12:42pm On Apr 01, 2023
saheed24:
All i know is that God will punish emefiele for this fraud of the century.
please don't be biased.
correct your write-up...
All i know is that God will punish emefiele APC for this fraud of the century.
APC = emefiele, don't try to separate the two
Re: Banks Push Out Dirty, Mutilated Notes As New Naira Scarcity Persists by Brendaniel: 12:45pm On Apr 01, 2023
Ijaya123:

Awon oni yęyę. Ẹwọn idi ẹ a pẹ ju ti ọbọ lọ
😂😂😁

Awọn ẹgan ko ni yi otitọ pada
Re: Banks Push Out Dirty, Mutilated Notes As New Naira Scarcity Persists by imagrg(m): 1:20pm On Apr 01, 2023
I hope they are not Covid19 infested oh? grin
Re: Banks Push Out Dirty, Mutilated Notes As New Naira Scarcity Persists by TOPMAN4LIFE: 2:12pm On Apr 01, 2023
Hallabee1:

Aje...did I hear you say total package...220k..
Starting f om jakande down to igbo-efon, you can get a room with that budget...

My brother just go for a room cus a room self cost more than than except you are going for rough areas...Agbole type of house
I'm also interested, how much can someone get a room self contained in those areas of Lagos

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

4 Online Business That Are Profitable In Nigeria For Beginners / Brace Up For Hard Times, CBN Urges Nigerians / Indimi sisters: Rahmayi wishes Hauwa well as she sets to wed their sister's 'ex'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.