Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,972 members, 7,814,294 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:38 AM

Moruf Oseni Takes Over As The MD/CEO Of Wema Bank - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Moruf Oseni Takes Over As The MD/CEO Of Wema Bank (20001 Views)

Betta Edu: Our MD/CEO Was Not Arrested By EFCC - Jaiz Bank / First Bank Appoints Shobo MD/CEO, Adeduntan Retires / Profile Of Allen Onyema (CEO Of Air Peace) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Moruf Oseni Takes Over As The MD/CEO Of Wema Bank by rickleye: 11:36am On Apr 01, 2023
Unless I am missing something
Did Ademola die, tenure end, in a scandal, sick , , voted out of retire !?
Re: Moruf Oseni Takes Over As The MD/CEO Of Wema Bank by shidof(m): 11:37am On Apr 01, 2023
Brendaniel:
Now I won't hear tribal bank the same way some people try to tag Fidelity bank as a tribal bank

hope you realize that the bank is part of the Odua Investment Group of companies

1 Like

Re: Moruf Oseni Takes Over As The MD/CEO Of Wema Bank by Brendaniel: 11:42am On Apr 01, 2023
shidof:
hope you realize that the bank is part of the Odua Investment Group of companies

Is that why some people should tag Fidelity bank a tribal bank?
Re: Moruf Oseni Takes Over As The MD/CEO Of Wema Bank by Tonytonex(m): 11:49am On Apr 01, 2023
Brendaniel:

I never said it was a tribal bank, I said some people call it a tribal bank....
okay. I get.

NB. What happened? Nairaland just changed color now.
Re: Moruf Oseni Takes Over As The MD/CEO Of Wema Bank by shidof(m): 11:49am On Apr 01, 2023
Brendaniel:

Is that why some people should tag Fidelity bank as a tribal bank?
Because they were owned by individuals not a group. Try to google what Odua investment stands for first. Fidelity is a tribal bank, that is the truth.
Re: Moruf Oseni Takes Over As The MD/CEO Of Wema Bank by Pumpido75(m): 11:50am On Apr 01, 2023
Congratulations
Re: Moruf Oseni Takes Over As The MD/CEO Of Wema Bank by Brendaniel: 11:56am On Apr 01, 2023
Tonytonex:
okay. I get.

NB. What happened? Nairaland just changed color now.

I'm surprised too...

1 Like

Re: Moruf Oseni Takes Over As The MD/CEO Of Wema Bank by shidof(m): 11:56am On Apr 01, 2023
Brendaniel:

If that person will take the bank to a new height why won't they, would you tell them not to appoint a white man who has an excellent track record with banking because he is a white man, so why would you discriminate against your fellow African because he is from another tribe...
Since there are no capable hands that can manage the bank in all southwestern states including Kwara and the Yoruba part of Kogi right? And whose interest do you think that person will be promoting, his state or Yoruba states that own the bank

2 Likes

Re: Moruf Oseni Takes Over As The MD/CEO Of Wema Bank by Brendaniel: 11:58am On Apr 01, 2023
shidof:
Since there are no capable hands that can manage the bank in all southwestern states including Kwara and the Yoruba part of Kogi right? And whose interest do you think that person will be promoting, his state or Yoruba states that own the bank

Na wa o, I don't know how you think o, but for me even if it is a Fulani man that is capable and has proven himself over others, I will appoint him...
Re: Moruf Oseni Takes Over As The MD/CEO Of Wema Bank by Brendaniel: 11:59am On Apr 01, 2023
shidof:
Because they were owned by individuals not a group. Try to google what Odua investment stands for first. Fidelity is a tribal bank, that is the truth.

What is your proof that it is a tribal bank?
Re: Moruf Oseni Takes Over As The MD/CEO Of Wema Bank by okuta007: 12:15pm On Apr 01, 2023
ATEAMS:
God luck Buddy

with all his education and exposure

Tinubu the drug lord will be his President

And he must take orders from MC Oluomo

end of story! 😜

1 Like

Re: Moruf Oseni Takes Over As The MD/CEO Of Wema Bank by Jogs1900: 12:22pm On Apr 01, 2023
Brendaniel:

If that person will take the bank to a new height why won't they, would you tell them not to appoint a white man who has an excellent track record with banking because he is a white man, so why would you discriminate your fellow African because he is from another tribe...
The same way Anambra state government can't have an ibo man from other south eastern state as a permanent secretary or as head of any of their parastatals.
Re: Moruf Oseni Takes Over As The MD/CEO Of Wema Bank by Brendaniel: 12:34pm On Apr 01, 2023
Jogs1900:

The same way Anambra state government can't have an ibo man from other south eastern state as a permanent secretary or as head of any of their parastatals.

This is business that we are talking about, so you would rather lose profit because of tribe ?
Re: Moruf Oseni Takes Over As The MD/CEO Of Wema Bank by Jogs1900: 12:38pm On Apr 01, 2023
Brendaniel:

This is business that we are talking about, so you would rather lose profit because of tribe ?
Is MorufOseni, a Yoruba man not competent?
Moreover the states will only appoint people from their states on the board .

1 Like

Re: Moruf Oseni Takes Over As The MD/CEO Of Wema Bank by Brendaniel: 12:42pm On Apr 01, 2023
Jogs1900:

Is MorufOseni, a Yoruba man not competent?
Moreover the states will only appoint people from their states on the board .

I never said he is not competent but what if you see someone better than him in performance and he is not Yoruba, would you rather not pick him because he is not Yoruba?
Re: Moruf Oseni Takes Over As The MD/CEO Of Wema Bank by Queen1001(f): 1:06pm On Apr 01, 2023
Re: Moruf Oseni Takes Over As The MD/CEO Of Wema Bank by Jogs1900: 1:18pm On Apr 01, 2023
Brendaniel:

I never said he is not competent but what if you see someone better than him in performance and he is not Yoruba, would you rather not pick him because he is not Yoruba?
The States as the owners of the bank will not recommend a non Yoruba on the board
Re: Moruf Oseni Takes Over As The MD/CEO Of Wema Bank by Brendaniel: 1:19pm On Apr 01, 2023
Jogs1900:

The States as the owners of the bank will not recommend a non Yoruba on the board

Is it in their constitution?
Re: Moruf Oseni Takes Over As The MD/CEO Of Wema Bank by Patosajad: 1:38pm On Apr 01, 2023
How has it been the most useless bank in Africa, ode oshi? quote author=CartelKenneth post=122213978]Most useless bank in africa[/quote]
Re: Moruf Oseni Takes Over As The MD/CEO Of Wema Bank by Roboto11: 1:39pm On Apr 01, 2023
Tonytonex:
which tribe is Fidelity 🏦?

Ibo.
Re: Moruf Oseni Takes Over As The MD/CEO Of Wema Bank by kolexy(m): 1:53pm On Apr 01, 2023
Ireportlive:
cool

Odua group

Pride of Western Region 8

Congratulations Omoluabi

It is no longer owned by Odua group.

Re: Moruf Oseni Takes Over As The MD/CEO Of Wema Bank by kolexy(m): 1:55pm On Apr 01, 2023
Jogs1900:

Your comments are inaccurate and are not helpful to the bank. The bank is no longer owned by the South West states.
Re: Moruf Oseni Takes Over As The MD/CEO Of Wema Bank by NoToPile: 1:58pm On Apr 01, 2023
I hardly had any transactions issue with Wema alat app during this era of transaction failure. Even if your money was deducted it will get reversed without fuss.

To think I had once told my mum she was using old school bank back then.

They are doing well for a former regional bank.
Re: Moruf Oseni Takes Over As The MD/CEO Of Wema Bank by Jogs1900: 2:03pm On Apr 01, 2023
kolexy:

Your comments are inaccurate and are not helpful to the bank. The bank is no longer owned by the South West states.
Odua group own over 9% of the shares and they can influence people on the board.South west states too owned shares there individually.
All the major shareholders have links to Odua or southwestern states.Meanwhile, Adebutu a Yoruba man is the highest individual shareholder.
Re: Moruf Oseni Takes Over As The MD/CEO Of Wema Bank by Kay25(m): 3:09pm On Apr 01, 2023
Brendaniel:
Now I won't hear tribal bank the same way some people try to tag Fidelity bank as a tribal bank

Wema belongs to south west no need tag tribalistic comment
Re: Moruf Oseni Takes Over As The MD/CEO Of Wema Bank by Tonytonex(m): 3:52pm On Apr 01, 2023
Roboto11:

Ibo.
how can it be?. This Bank no plenty for SE naπŸ™„
Re: Moruf Oseni Takes Over As The MD/CEO Of Wema Bank by FlackoRaine: 4:05pm On Apr 01, 2023
Well well well
Re: Moruf Oseni Takes Over As The MD/CEO Of Wema Bank by LyfeJennings(m): 4:46pm On Apr 01, 2023
Occurstaem:

100% true of most Fidelity Banks I've been to.

At a point, the central bank raised an eyebrow before they appointed a Yoruba man on the board of director and that one sef no too tey before them sack am
I fear what would become of Nigeria if an Igbo man ever rule

1 Like

Re: Moruf Oseni Takes Over As The MD/CEO Of Wema Bank by IbroMaka(m): 4:54pm On Apr 01, 2023
Tinubu boy.... BAT has really done good for some people

Now watch as federal government money go begin pass thru Wemabank.

If you wan chop government money, you go begin bank with Wema.
Re: Moruf Oseni Takes Over As The MD/CEO Of Wema Bank by irumole1975: 6:29pm On Apr 01, 2023
Some bank managers earn #460 million annually
Re: Moruf Oseni Takes Over As The MD/CEO Of Wema Bank by ufuosman(m): 8:42pm On Apr 01, 2023
All the best to him
Re: Moruf Oseni Takes Over As The MD/CEO Of Wema Bank by sharone21(f): 1:40am On Apr 02, 2023
Great bank.....One of the best in fixed deposits...Also Polaris

Congrats

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Fast Moving Good(s) Does The Nigerian Market Need? / Tiger Beverages Announces Distribution Partnership With Cubana FCMG Limited / Which Business Can I Start With #100000?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.