Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,767 members, 7,831,464 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:10 PM

Relatives Kill Pastor For Leaving Islam; Threaten Wife And Children - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Relatives Kill Pastor For Leaving Islam; Threaten Wife And Children (1252 Views)

Wisdom Azukaego: Gunmen Kidnap And Kill Pastor In Anambra (Photos) / Gunmen Kill Pastor Yohanna Abashiya, Kidnap His Daughter In Kaduna (Photos) / Fulani Herdsmen Kill Pastor Mathew Tagwai & 3 Others In Bassa, Plateau (Graphic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Relatives Kill Pastor For Leaving Islam; Threaten Wife And Children by BetterHeadline: 3:47pm On Apr 01, 2023
Muslim relatives of a pastor in eastern Uganda took him from his home and killed him for his faith this month, sources said.

SOURCE
Pastor Adinani Bulwa had fled Muslim opposition in northern Uganda and returned home to Muterere village, Bugiri District in January before he was killed on March 10. He was 42.

“We began preaching to the family members, and in early February four Muslim relatives got converted to Christianity, but the first-born son in the family [Pastor Bulwa’s brother] resisted the Christian faith and gave a warning that we should stop misleading Muslims to Christianity,” said the pastor’s wife, Zabiina Newumbwe. “Two weeks later my husband was invited to attend a family meeting [at his parents’ house], where he was pressured to recant the Christian faith, but he said he was ready to die for Christ’s sake.”

On March 10 at about 9:30 p.m., several Muslim relatives arrived at their home, furious and shouting, she said.

“They were saying, ‘We are a Muslim family, and Allah is our God,’” Newumbwe told Morning Star News. “We were shaken, and the children and I hid ourselves in the bedroom while leaving my husband at the sitting room.”

The group forced their way inside and forced Pastor Bulwa outside, she said.

“About 200 meters away from the homestead, we heard a loud wailing,” she said. “We remained inside the house. My husband did not return. Early in the morning, I went to see a Christian neighbor who accompanied me to the scene of the incident only to see my husband at a distance half naked. I could not control my emotions and shouted in a loud voice. Thereafter I fainted due to shock.”

Pastor Bulwa’s body was found with a deep cut on the forehead, a cloth around his neck indicating he had been strangled and cuts on the left foot.

Hundreds of Christians and others arrived at the site, and the pastor’s family hurriedly buried his body. Family members told Newumbwe she would also be killed if she named those who killed her husband, she said.

Besides the widow, the pastor leaves behind five children, ages 4 to 16.

In 2016, Pastor Bulwa had moved his family to Lira, in the Northern Region of Uganda, where he ran a successful business, principally maize production. On Jan. 24, 2019, the family secretly converted from Islam to Christianity, and he was appointed pastor to other former Muslims at his church.

The converts from Islam under his pastoral guidance gathered secretly, but last December Muslims saw Pastor Bulwa and his family outside the church site in Lira, and word spread that he had become a Christian.

“Since December 2022, the Muslims started threatening to kill us if we continued missing attending the mosque,” Newumbwe said. “As the threats continued escalating, my husband decided that we leave Lira back to our home in Muterere village.”

The family fled Lira in January and began an evening fellowship at their home in Muterere, she said.
Since Pastor Bulwa’s death, she and her children have left their home and taken refuge at the house of someone assisting them.

“The children and I are living in great fear from the relatives – our security is at stake,” Newumbwe said. “We had to seek help elsewhere. We need prayers so that God may guide us on what to do next.”
Re: Relatives Kill Pastor For Leaving Islam; Threaten Wife And Children by Paragon311(m): 3:57pm On Apr 01, 2023
Religion is the Opium of the masses...

Know this and and know PEACE
Re: Relatives Kill Pastor For Leaving Islam; Threaten Wife And Children by Zonefree(m): 3:58pm On Apr 01, 2023
Religion of piss, indeed.

Pakistan know wetin dem see before they name the Capital city that name.

4 Likes

Re: Relatives Kill Pastor For Leaving Islam; Threaten Wife And Children by Nobody: 3:58pm On Apr 01, 2023
This is cruelty and no where is it permitted to take another’s life, a life you can’t create. 😢
Re: Relatives Kill Pastor For Leaving Islam; Threaten Wife And Children by BetterHeadline: 4:03pm On Apr 01, 2023
Paragon311:
Religion islam is the Opium of the masses... terrorists

Know this and and know PEACE

I helped you fixed your comment.

6 Likes

Re: Relatives Kill Pastor For Leaving Islam; Threaten Wife And Children by nairalander2020(m): 4:53pm On Apr 01, 2023
Quit and die

1 Like

Re: Relatives Kill Pastor For Leaving Islam; Threaten Wife And Children by SHINJA: 8:16pm On Apr 01, 2023
Imagine the world without Islam...

The same religion dragging this country backward.

God save the Christians in the whole world...

7 Likes

Re: Relatives Kill Pastor For Leaving Islam; Threaten Wife And Children by PARADIZEPRIEST: 9:23pm On Apr 01, 2023
Stay away from states with wild animals as extremists,they are not humans angry

1 Like

Re: Relatives Kill Pastor For Leaving Islam; Threaten Wife And Children by Westerhoffe(m): 11:27pm On Apr 01, 2023
And they will still insist they're peaceful.

1 Like

Re: Relatives Kill Pastor For Leaving Islam; Threaten Wife And Children by Fahvvy: 1:57am On Apr 02, 2023
I don't think I've seen a more useless religion than this religion undecided...

This is no attack on any religion, but a religion that sees no qualms taking the life of a person all because the individual denounced that religion is nothing short of USELESS undecided...

I think there need to be a cleansing of such people/religion angry...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Relatives Kill Pastor For Leaving Islam; Threaten Wife And Children by poshestmina(f): 3:29am On Apr 02, 2023
"Most Islamists are extremists ,they just haven't gotten the opportunity to show their true colours yet".

Those words will never my memory.

Keep resting Sir.

1 Like

Re: Relatives Kill Pastor For Leaving Islam; Threaten Wife And Children by TreasureJunky: 7:31pm On Apr 02, 2023
Religion of piss and catastrophy

2 Likes

Re: Relatives Kill Pastor For Leaving Islam; Threaten Wife And Children by Samfloxin(m): 11:24am On Apr 03, 2023
Mohammed is already burning in hell

3 Likes

(1) (Reply)

'i Killed My Husband With Acid When His Concubine Delivered A Baby' / Man Raises The Alarm Over Money Transfer Fraud / Mother Arrested After Boyfriend Raped 3-yr-old Daughter To Death

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.