Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,037 members, 7,814,544 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:45 PM

LASG Abolishes All Eze Ndigbo Titles In The State With Immediate Effect - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / LASG Abolishes All Eze Ndigbo Titles In The State With Immediate Effect (2680 Views)

Lagos Arraigns Eze Ndigbo, Frederick Nwajago, For Terrorism / Lagos Debunks Abolishing All Eze Ndigbo Titles ‘for Now’ / Walter Onnoghen Resigns As The Chief Justice Of Nigeria With Immediate Effect (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Go Down)

LASG Abolishes All Eze Ndigbo Titles In The State With Immediate Effect by obembet(f): 8:23pm On Apr 01, 2023
Lagos State Government as abolishes all Eze Ndigbo titles in the State with immediate effect, warns all Lagos State Local Government Chairmen to be at alert.

Source: https://twitter.com/lagospedia/status/1642184933941604357?t=NSl8JXQjtXZES5QQ1s-vwg&s=19

Nlfpmod
Seun
mynd44

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: LASG Abolishes All Eze Ndigbo Titles In The State With Immediate Effect by datola: 8:24pm On Apr 01, 2023
Every action has consequent reaction.

4 Likes

Re: LASG Abolishes All Eze Ndigbo Titles In The State With Immediate Effect by immortalcrown(m): 8:24pm On Apr 01, 2023
Good. Life does not depend on those titles.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: LASG Abolishes All Eze Ndigbo Titles In The State With Immediate Effect by Kingsmeal: 8:26pm On Apr 01, 2023
Eze Ndigbo indeed.

Nothing wey Igbos no go see for APC hand.

Like the title will stop them from collecting crazy taxes from Igbos businesses 😆😆.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: LASG Abolishes All Eze Ndigbo Titles In The State With Immediate Effect by Nobody: 8:26pm On Apr 01, 2023

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: LASG Abolishes All Eze Ndigbo Titles In The State With Immediate Effect by PointB: 8:27pm On Apr 01, 2023
Are the state government paying those 'Ezes' any allowance? Are they Eze performing any official role in Lagos State?

So if I parade myself as Eze, without any authority, power or responsibility to the state, someone can decide to 'ban' me?

I think Lagos state is acting foolishly here.

You cannot ban something you didn't license.

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: LASG Abolishes All Eze Ndigbo Titles In The State With Immediate Effect by PointB: 8:28pm On Apr 01, 2023
OneTemplate:
Lagos did m?no such thing. This is fake news Lagos has already debunked.

https://infodailyng.com/lagos-debunks-abolishing-all-eze-ndigbo-titles-for-now-describes-it-as-april-fool/

I hope so, cos it will be totally stupid to do such thing, when the Eze are not in government payroll.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: LASG Abolishes All Eze Ndigbo Titles In The State With Immediate Effect by Kingsmeal: 8:28pm On Apr 01, 2023
OneTemplate:
Lagos did m?no such thing. This is fake news Lagos has already debunked.

https://infodailyng.com/lagos-debunks-abolishing-all-eze-ndigbo-titles-for-now-describes-it-as-april-fool/

Don't mind the Fake news merchants called utchins.

They only flex muscle ontop Igbo matter.

Ordinary Kwara, Fulani snatched it from them and they did no shit about it.

5 Likes

Re: LASG Abolishes All Eze Ndigbo Titles In The State With Immediate Effect by HydraFeeds(m): 8:28pm On Apr 01, 2023
I really love the Igbos but cultural differences can sometimes be difficult to manage .
Re: LASG Abolishes All Eze Ndigbo Titles In The State With Immediate Effect by HydraFeeds(m): 8:30pm On Apr 01, 2023
Kingsmeal:

there was a war to recapture it but failed .

But thank goodness we are now practicing democracy and not monarchy.

Also,it’s not Kwara but Ilorin only .

3 Likes

Re: LASG Abolishes All Eze Ndigbo Titles In The State With Immediate Effect by Armaggedon: 8:30pm On Apr 01, 2023
I presume it's fake news but if true then that's a new low from the mob administration in lagos. Eze ndigbo is the leader of Igbos everywhere outside Igboland, just like sarkin hausawa. They do not get authority from the government or enter their payroll. The government can choose not to recognize them or work with them but certainly has no power to 'abolish' it.

3 Likes

Re: LASG Abolishes All Eze Ndigbo Titles In The State With Immediate Effect by tolue42(m): 8:31pm On Apr 01, 2023
Welcome development

1 Like 1 Share

Re: LASG Abolishes All Eze Ndigbo Titles In The State With Immediate Effect by BOSSkesh(m): 8:31pm On Apr 01, 2023
Hmm
Na wah oh
Re: LASG Abolishes All Eze Ndigbo Titles In The State With Immediate Effect by Houseontherock1: 8:32pm On Apr 01, 2023
They should leave them with their Nzogbu Nzogbu title but kick the ass of any one of them that messes up

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: LASG Abolishes All Eze Ndigbo Titles In The State With Immediate Effect by oyin44: 8:34pm On Apr 01, 2023
grin grin grin grin

Your tears are delicious

1 Like

Re: LASG Abolishes All Eze Ndigbo Titles In The State With Immediate Effect by piyoo91: 8:35pm On Apr 01, 2023
Mmm
Re: LASG Abolishes All Eze Ndigbo Titles In The State With Immediate Effect by DMerciful(m): 8:35pm On Apr 01, 2023
This may have been the ultimate plan. Get an APC willing tool to talk recklessly, then use that as an excuse to ban whatever.

This is about elections and not about IPOB coming to Lagos because it's nonsense!
Re: LASG Abolishes All Eze Ndigbo Titles In The State With Immediate Effect by MightySparrow: 8:39pm On Apr 01, 2023
HydraFeeds:
there was a war to recapture it but failed .

But thank goodness we are now practicing democracy and not monarchy.

Also,it’s not Kwara but Ilorin only .

Don't mind the e -diot. In all of Igbo history who is a warrior note from pre colonial era till now? May Okonkwo in Things Fall Apart and Ojukwu the coward

Our forebears had seen wars taking land from Nupe border to Dahomey. One stupid fellow from God knows where, reasoning through his anus saying nonsense here.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: LASG Abolishes All Eze Ndigbo Titles In The State With Immediate Effect by Princessstee: 8:41pm On Apr 01, 2023
That will be better. Enough of these nonsense and disrespect, they are already mistaking being good and fair as weakness.

1 Like

Re: LASG Abolishes All Eze Ndigbo Titles In The State With Immediate Effect by Pristine664: 8:41pm On Apr 01, 2023
Wow! Decisive.

Not bad.
Re: LASG Abolishes All Eze Ndigbo Titles In The State With Immediate Effect by ASAPFERG1: 8:42pm On Apr 01, 2023
Nice one ..

Flatheadds must go grin

1 Like

Re: LASG Abolishes All Eze Ndigbo Titles In The State With Immediate Effect by INDOMIE9090(f): 8:47pm On Apr 01, 2023
last time,it was in akure they refers to as “no man’s land”
All thanks to akure youth wey flog the hell out of the eze arse.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: LASG Abolishes All Eze Ndigbo Titles In The State With Immediate Effect by Pristine664: 8:48pm On Apr 01, 2023
Kingsmeal:

So they are right to protect Lagos from being snatched like Kwara.

I'm sure you know taunting Yorubas about Kwara is painful enough.

3 Likes

Re: LASG Abolishes All Eze Ndigbo Titles In The State With Immediate Effect by ALTERNATEID: 9:02pm On Apr 01, 2023
The source is not credible. I won’t believe this until it’s posted on verified handles of Lagos state government.
Re: LASG Abolishes All Eze Ndigbo Titles In The State With Immediate Effect by Felabrity: 9:02pm On Apr 01, 2023
Source: lagospedia

Na una sabi
Re: LASG Abolishes All Eze Ndigbo Titles In The State With Immediate Effect by inoki247: 9:03pm On Apr 01, 2023
Lol oh ti Zeh...

And if he be fake News Dem fit come debunk am soon...
Re: LASG Abolishes All Eze Ndigbo Titles In The State With Immediate Effect by Jagabanofafrica: 9:06pm On Apr 01, 2023
Kingsmeal:

Is that why ibos wanted to claim lagos state too?

2 Likes

Re: LASG Abolishes All Eze Ndigbo Titles In The State With Immediate Effect by flokii: 9:07pm On Apr 01, 2023
The Igbos always want to have an Eze in any place they go so they won't take instructions from the traditional rulers there..

One Eze ndigbo like that in my area growing up stayed in Lagos for many years and was parading himself like a royalty till the day he visited his village.. Next we heard was that he died. I'm sure the titled chiefs in the village had used native means to silence the asshole.

Scrap the damn Eze ndigbo rubbish and make it mandatory for all tribes to submit to our baales first and Obas above all.

5 Likes

Re: LASG Abolishes All Eze Ndigbo Titles In The State With Immediate Effect by raskymonojendor: 9:08pm On Apr 01, 2023
If Fashola was still the governor, then I would believe this news. He is the no nonsense governor that showed Kalu pepper.

Re: LASG Abolishes All Eze Ndigbo Titles In The State With Immediate Effect by Onyiiobi7735(m): 9:22pm On Apr 01, 2023
sad I use to believe Northerners are very tribalistic to Igbos,but recently,I don't believe so any more.Obviously Yorubas harbour an extreme degree of tribalism, never before seen.

1 Like

(1) (2)

Cartoon Of The Day: Eight Years Of Buhari’s Handwork… (Pic) / If There Is A Rerun Who Will You Vote For Tinubu Or Atiku? / 11 Million British People Have Less Than £100 Pounds In Their Accounts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.