Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,486 members, 7,816,149 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:41 AM

2023: Why Did Igbo Fall For This? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: Why Did Igbo Fall For This? (3624 Views)

2023: Why We Are Forming New Political Movement - Okorocha / 2023: Why Zoning May Not Work In APC – Ganduje / 2023: Why Yoruba Will Produce President After Buhari – Clarke (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

2023: Why Did Igbo Fall For This? by inforesource: 10:18pm On Apr 01, 2023
Up till now I have been wondering why this Obidient movement was suddenly made to look like an igbo movement or igbo quest for presidency.

Unfortunately, the igbo then played along and now even after the nonsense called elections, the propaganda by APC keep building momentum and tagging everything igbos.

If I can remember the first time I was made to pioneer the OBIDIENT movement in my area, I booked appointment with the igbo president and his excos. I was shocked to my bones the responses I got. I was so disappointed by them because they didn't believe in the movement and they told me point blank that they were supporting APC.

I didn't waste much of my time with them and I drove off. I never got back to them and decided to work with non Indigenes, which I was part, who shared in the vision and the movement.

It was later I was told that they were ready to meet with us but it was too late a time. So, where did the OBIDIENT movement made igbos movement?

We only needed a shift from this corrupt politicians and to give this nation a hope.

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 2023: Why Did Igbo Fall For This? by peter0071(m): 10:20pm On Apr 01, 2023
the Obidient movement remains a national non-ethnic movement.

inforesource:
Up till now I have been wondering why this Obidient movement was suddenly made to look like an igbo movement or igbo quest for presidency.

Unfortunately, the igbo then played along and now even after the nonsense called elections, the propaganda by APC keep building momentum and tagging everything igbos.

If I can remember the first time I was made to pioneer the OBIDIENT movement in my area, I booked appointment with the igbo president and his excos. I was shocked to my bones the responses I got. I was so disappointed by them because they didn't believe in the movement and they told me point blank that they were supporting APC.

I didn't waste much of my time with them and I drove off. I never got back to them and decided to work with non Indigenes, which I was part, who shared in the vision and the movement.

It was later I was told that they were ready to meet with us but it was too late a time. So, where did the OBIDIENT movement made igbos movement?

We only needed a shift from this corrupt politicians and to give this nation a hope.

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 2023: Why Did Igbo Fall For This? by raskymonojendor: 10:24pm On Apr 01, 2023
peter0071:

Except Peter himself is a tribalist.

24 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 2023: Why Did Igbo Fall For This? by raskymonojendor: 10:25pm On Apr 01, 2023
Alot of Biafrians/and IPOB from the SE quickly joined the Obidients when Peter Obi declared for presidency. But the moment he lost, the IPOB and Biafrians have gone back to their old ways.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: Why Did Igbo Fall For This? by MrBiGGEST(m): 10:26pm On Apr 01, 2023
peter0071:

I disagree, the whole movement have been an ethnic and religious movement.
Even tho that might not be the intention.

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2023: Why Did Igbo Fall For This? by inforesource: 10:27pm On Apr 01, 2023
peter0071:

You can echo that again. I don't know why APC is trying to drag us into their failures.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2023: Why Did Igbo Fall For This? by raskymonojendor: 10:30pm On Apr 01, 2023
An Obidient/IPOB member disguising as a Yoruba man.

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2023: Why Did Igbo Fall For This? by raskymonojendor: 10:31pm On Apr 01, 2023
A Peter Obi enemy and also a SE nationalist from the suddenly becomes one of Peter Obi's biggest cheerleader on twitter after Obi declares that he was running for the presidency:

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Why Did Igbo Fall For This? by peter0071(m): 10:34pm On Apr 01, 2023
thats where you are wrong? who voted massively for Obi in the North?? Igbos??

Who voted massively for Obi in the West?

the movement is far beyond tribe and religion.

MrBiGGEST:

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Why Did Igbo Fall For This? by nlreserve: 10:35pm On Apr 01, 2023
I am igbo but i agree with you. When this whole things started building up, i remember how some guys on social media came together to rally Obi to contest as they are willing to support him, which Obi accepted. Then, he was in PDP and many laughed at him, especially the igbos (I cant forget how Ekweremadu mocked him). I was telling some people around me, mainly elders and igbos, and they all said Obi is a small boy. I told them that the youths are galvanizing supports for him underground and they never believed until the Obidient movement started shaking the country. Edo and Delta carry first for the support. Jos sef dey there. In fact, igbos never belived such support and that was when they all started believing that Obi could win.
One thing i know for sure is that Obi is a divine project as he was the surest person to be trusted. APC who went religious are the one accusing Obidient of being religious in his campagins and calling labour party igbo tribe. APC sabi fight shaaa. They are good at challenging anything. Very good at propaganders.
inforesource:

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Why Did Igbo Fall For This? by aariwa(m): 10:36pm On Apr 01, 2023
It started from south south to north central before igbos joined. I remember edo had first rally for him, followed by akwa ibom and then the one in lafia and Abuja before igbos got interested with the rally in abakiliki , Enugu and Onitsha ..maybe igbos felt initially that the man was talking a lot of nonsense as the reason other Nigerian were promoting him until after his trip to Egypt when he outlined his master plan for solving electricity problems based 100% on Egypt model then they started supporting him. Most igbos are not focused on Nigerian politics but on capacity to govern and good governance

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Why Did Igbo Fall For This? by peter0071(m): 10:37pm On Apr 01, 2023
He contested with his fellow Anambra man for governorship. How does that make him tribalistic?
raskymonojendor:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2023: Why Did Igbo Fall For This? by raskymonojendor: 10:38pm On Apr 01, 2023
peter0071:
He contested with his fellow Anambra man for governorship. How does that make him tribalistic?
Look at the screenshot.
How did Awolowo and Tinubu show up on posters and billboards in the SE? Obi brought them in to play a tribalist politics by tagging ACN candidates anti-Igbo and pro-Yoruba. Igbos are not very fond of Awolowo.

The article was written by an Igbo man.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: Why Did Igbo Fall For This? by MrBiGGEST(m): 10:39pm On Apr 01, 2023
peter0071:
thats where you are wrong? who voted massively for Obi in the North?? Igbos??

Who voted massively for Obi in the West?

the movement is far beyond tribe and religion.

Good, my point exactly.
Yet the obidient were quick to tag Yòrùbàs tribaslist when they rejected GRV.

But ignore the fact that SE only voted their kinsman in the presidential election...

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 2023: Why Did Igbo Fall For This? by raskymonojendor: 10:40pm On Apr 01, 2023
MrBiGGEST:

Good, my point exactly.

GRV is a tribalist and IPOB apologists hence the rejection. Governor Adeleke in Osun State is half Ibo, and he has an Ibo wife called Ngozi. We love him.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Why Did Igbo Fall For This? by MrBiGGEST(m): 10:41pm On Apr 01, 2023
raskymonojendor:

GRV is a tribalist and IPOB apologists hence the rejection. Governor Adeleke in Osun State is half Ibo, and he has an Ibo wife called Ngozi. We love him.
Yes!
Read the post again

4 Likes

Re: 2023: Why Did Igbo Fall For This? by raskymonojendor: 10:46pm On Apr 01, 2023
MrBiGGEST:

Yes!
Read the post again
Thanks my brother. If Yoruba support, they are good,
If Yoruba rejects a bad candidate, they are tribalist.

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 2023: Why Did Igbo Fall For This? by peter0071(m): 10:48pm On Apr 01, 2023
thats the glitch. GVR is totally Yoruba... why deny Him and tag him another tribe just because his mum is IGBO?? so does it mean that Davido's kids have no future in Yorubaland? does it mean that most the families of most Yorubas who married none Yorubas have no political future in their fatherland? Igbos as well as other tribes didnt vote for Tribe nor religion... we voted for competence and personality
MrBiGGEST:

Good, my point exactly.

But ignore the fact that SE only voted their kinsman in the presidential election...

Re: 2023: Why Did Igbo Fall For This? by aariwa(m): 10:50pm On Apr 01, 2023
raskymonojendor:
A Peter Obi enemy and also a SE nationalist from the suddenly becomes one of Peter Obi's biggest cheerleader on twitter after Obi declares that he was running for the presidency:
so an online writer nobody knows is now more knowledgeable than Millennium Development Goals that gave him best governor in implementation of core indices for human development and wealth creation? You kids of nowadays should use little common sense sometimes
Re: 2023: Why Did Igbo Fall For This? by peter0071(m): 10:50pm On Apr 01, 2023
when a hater makes a post... the hater should learn to cover up his tracks.... my candid advice... \FakePost
raskymonojendor:
Re: 2023: Why Did Igbo Fall For This? by peter0071(m): 10:53pm On Apr 01, 2023
if i may ask? whats the source of the Post?? it looks like a newspaper... so which media house has it... the internet doesnt forget
raskymonojendor:

Re: 2023: Why Did Igbo Fall For This? by MrBiGGEST(m): 10:55pm On Apr 01, 2023
peter0071:
thats the glitch. GVR is totally Yoruba... why deny Him and tag him another tribe just because his mum is IGBO?? so does it mean that Davido's kids have no future in Yorubaland? does it mean that most the families of most Yorubas who married none Yorubas have no political future in their fatherland? Igbos as well as other tribes didnt vote for Tribe nor religion... we voted for competence and personality
You still don't get do you?🤷🏾‍♂️
I blame the propaganda of the LP.
GRV made tribal slurs against his own people
I made a post about it .

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: Why Did Igbo Fall For This? by peter0071(m): 10:56pm On Apr 01, 2023
Ok i get your point now...
MrBiGGEST:

You still don't get do you?🤷🏾‍♂️
I blame the propaganda of the LP.
GRV made tribal slurs against his own people
I made a post about it .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Why Did Igbo Fall For This? by MrBiGGEST(m): 10:58pm On Apr 01, 2023
peter0071:
Ok i get your point now...

Here's a more accurate view:
courtesy of ihordspy 👍🏽
lhordspy:
Some people still dont get this. Maybe because they are very new to Nigeria politics or first time voters.

During the Presidential campaign. The candidate of the Labour party, Peter Obi exploited and explored our diversity, he capitalised on our religious differences in particular to instigate hate among the the two major religion we have in Nigeria. CAN, PFN turned themselves into a political group. Especially General overseers, they turned the altar into a political stage to preach politics and propagate hate against Muslim candidates.

Peter Obi's victory in Lagos during the presidential election wasn't just from the igbos alone but from 'some' brain clouded, emotional religious sentimental yoruba christ!ans who were sold with the Jihad bullcraps. After the victory, instead of building bridges, extending hand of friendship with the yourbas that voted against Obi, making them reason by drawing them closer and also at sametime solidifying the alliances with yorubas on their side already, that voted for obi. The southe@sterners, feeling pompous and inflated came with the campaign of 'taking over lagos' . .. They ran twitter spaces, host interviews aided by their propaganda media house, AriseTV, scribbles and tweets were churned out about how they will sack all the obas and takeover the whole place.

How can you expect the yorubas who sided with you against their tribesman, Tinubu in the presidential election to feel about it? Happy that you want to takeover their ancestral land and mock them with it in return, just like you use the word; 'Afonja ' consistently to make mockery of our loss in Ilorin.

Sanwo Olu victory was not as a result of tribalism. The yorubas fought together as one again, and they won. Different yorubas from different religion, political parties, and across all board left our differences asides at the corner, came together to 'rescue ourselves'. (once bitten, twice shy)

At first it was cruise, then it became aggressive, now it is uncontrollable.. Cant even be tamed nor can they reason well. It is all noise, zero thinking and strategy. The Obidient movement is turning out to be a curse to Peter Obi and the hardworking innocent igbos who committed no crime but paying for the sins of the headless mob.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2023: Why Did Igbo Fall For This? by emorse(m): 11:01pm On Apr 01, 2023
It's simple. The elites sold the idea and the followers bought it. They used fear to disarm their followers.

Can you imagine that someone was actually gloating saying "we used oro to knock them out and show them who is boss" after the governorship elections? Guess what. This man lives in Ogun state and didn't even vote!

When asked why he held such a position, he said "the Igbos want to take over our land and chase us away". Then he was asked why he thought it was possible for the few Igbos to chase the Yorubas away. His response was "are you not on what's app? Don't you listen to the radio?"

Abegi, all will be well jare. We go get sense last last.
Re: 2023: Why Did Igbo Fall For This? by inforesource: 11:08pm On Apr 01, 2023
nlreserve:
I am igbo but i agree with you. When this whole things started building up, i remember how some guys on social media came together to rally Obi to contest as they are willing to support him, which Obi accepted. Then, he was in PDP and many laughed at him, especially the igbos (I cant forget how Ekweremadu mocked him). I was telling some people around me, mainly elders and igbos, and they all said Obi is a small boy. I told them that the youths are galvanizing supports for him underground and they never believed until the Obidient movement started shaking the country. Edo and Delta carry first for the support. Jos sef dey there. In fact, igbos never belived such support and that was when they all started believing that Obi could win.
One thing i know for sure is that Obi is a divine project as he was the surest person to be trusted. APC who went religious are the one accusing Obidient of being religious in his campagins and calling labour party igbo tribe. APC sabi fight shaaa. They are good at challenging anything. Very good at propaganders.
Exactly. It's amazing that APC is trying to turn it into ethnic battle between yoruba and igbo. They should stop it and know that Obi is a Nigerian project and we are resolute in this. They can't draw us into their failures. They should go and answer their cases in the court. For that Mahmood mumu Yakubu, he should be ready to tell us what he did 205b.
Re: 2023: Why Did Igbo Fall For This? by Exclusive101: 11:13pm On Apr 01, 2023
Mad fool you expect Nigerians with functional brain to believe this foolish story were is the video clip of you meeting igbos n them telling you foolish soul they are supporting APC.

Same igbos the like of Kalu Ngige ardent APC chieftain couldn't support is whom irredeemable bigoted Igbo nutured from the womb with chronic hate for APC Nigeria etc is telling you they support. You are madder than MAD.

inforesource:

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: Why Did Igbo Fall For This? by Nobody: 11:22pm On Apr 01, 2023
MrBiGGEST:

I disagree with you bro. Would you say same for tinubu cos sizeable yoruba are rooting for him; or you'd call pdp a northern / Hausa movement cos a sizeable Fulani are rooting for him ? No

Thing is, as the obidient movement gained momentum, Igbo heavyweights started to openly give in their support (but they had corporately avoided coming in at the beginning stage and that was to avoid stuff as this, which is to term it Igbo movement)

So my dear brother, this is where I strongly disagree with you.
Re: 2023: Why Did Igbo Fall For This? by nlreserve: 12:09am On Apr 02, 2023
MrBiGGEST:

if you followed this thing how it all started till now, you would agree with me that the APC are the first to mess up and the first to accuse others.
This thing started with the youths being disappointed with their treatments during the ENDSARS. Some youths came together on social media and formed #takebacknaija who rallied Obi to contest.

While Tinubu was first to pick Muslim as vice, Obi picked Muslim as vice too. While everyone was campaigning, APC was first to accuse Obi of going religious. Before you knew it, they started going tribal. And when they couldn't quench the fire burning in the youths, after looking down on Obi as one without structure, it was dawn on them that they're in for a big fight. They started applying many tactics and calling obidient movement an Igbo thing.

The truth is that it would have been worst for Obi if he was the one that picked same faith vice. Too bad how APC use ethnicity to control minds of people.
Re: 2023: Why Did Igbo Fall For This? by efficiencie(m): 12:11am On Apr 02, 2023
inforesource:

The APC tricksters tricked the Obidients into playing the tribal card and they fell for it. Peter Obi is not an evil genius and he wasn't prepared to win at all cost. If he was ready to play the game he would have blocked APC's strategy to use tribalism. He would have hired a group of Igbos and paid them to vehemently denigrade, insult and reject him on all social media platforms whilst promoting non-igbo voices supporting him (like some agberos). We all know that the eastern vote was locked down already so even with the fake opposing voices in the east he woul have still won the east. The problem was the West and South South. This strategy would have given the gullible public the view that he is not a tribalist as his own people are antagonizing him. Secondly, if Peter Obi thought he won't be rigged out of the game, then he is a fool. He should have put in place a contigency plan for this. Either to mobilize resources to counter-rig or to use drones to capture footage of rigging in progress to be used as evidence in court if he loses. Then he should have planted moles in every electoral office to either counter-rig or collect evidence relevant for suing the winner.
Third, Peter Obi would be an even greater fool if he lets his political momentum die with this election irrespective of the final outcome. Right now Peter Obi should have a dedicated website for mobilizing the youths in the country to carry out strategic coordinated action. These actions could include: coordinated national protests in conjunction with TUC, NLC, etc; fundraising to setup a foundation that addresses common problems faced by the youths and strengthening youths participation as community agents monitoring developments on the ground and drafting a long term strategy. He should avoid tagging with Atiku and the PDP they are bad market and he should immediately evolve into an activist if the worst happens and he doesn't reclaim his mandate.

Peter Obi must learn from Tinubu. Tinubu did not start planning today. Tinubu has been scheming for decades. The time has come for those who mean well for this country to "out-scheme" the evil schemers in the country.
Re: 2023: Why Did Igbo Fall For This? by nlreserve: 12:23am On Apr 02, 2023
Well, just as I have stated, Obi never planned to contest. It was the youths who asked him to contest. And Obi didn't see the election as a thing of his own. He was seeing it as a fight for the country by everyone.
To him, he is sacrificial to the demolition of the corrupt system and the duty of the people to put him there.

Planting of moles like Tinubu is like raising structures for the continuations of the corruption because it won't be easy placing people in institutions. He would have to be paying which I don't think he embezzled money to do all that. He just wanted to go clean and to change things.

By the way, some guys in diaspora offered to secure drones to monitor the election but when the drones arrived Nigeria, they were seized by custom. So, u see, dismantling the evil structure won't be easy.

And if I were Peter Obi, I would never care about Nigeria anymore. I would even retire from Politics and make sure I establish my kids in a working country where I would stay and watch from afar. In fact, I would never contest again if I were him. The corruption would get to a stage where it would consume everyone, especially the corrupt elites. Just as the kidnappers were already targeting them, and UGM attacking politicians.

efficiencie:

The APC tricksters tricked the Obidients into playing the tribal card and they fell for it. Peter Obi is not an evil genius and he wasn't prepared to win at all cost. If he was ready to play the game he would have blocked APC's strategy to use tribalism. He would have hired a group of Igbos and paid them to vehemently denigrade, insult and reject him on all social media platforms whilst promoting non-igbo voices supporting him (like some agberos). We all know that the eastern vote was locked down already so even with the fake opposing voices in the east he woul have still won the east. The problem was the West and South South. This strategy would have given the gullible public the view that he is not a tribalist as his own people are antagonizing him. Secondly, if Peter Obi thought he won't be rigged out of the game, then he is a fool. He should have put in place a contigency plan for this. Either to mobilize resources to counter-rig or to use drones to capture footage of rigging in progress to be used as evidence in court if he loses. Then he should have planted moles in every electoral office to either counter-rig or collect evidence relevant for suing the winner.
Third, Peter Obi would be an even greater fool if he lets his political momentum die with this election irrespective of the final outcome. Right now Peter Obi should have a dedicated website for mobilizing the youths in the country to carry out strategic coordinated action. These actions could include: coordinated national protests in conjunction with TUC, NLC, etc; fundraising to setup a foundation that addresses common problems faced by the youths and strengthening youths participation as community agents monitoring developments on the ground and drafting a long term strategy. He should avoid tagging with Atiku and the PDP they are bad market and he should immediately evolve into an activist if the worst happens and he doesn't reclaim his mandate.

Peter Obi must learn from Tinubu. Tinubu did not start planning today. Tinubu has been scheming for decades. The time has come for those who mean well for this country to "out-scheme" the evil schemers in the country.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Chimamanda Adichie Gushes Over Prof Wole Soyinka [Photos] / Airport Traffic: Abuja Overtakes Lagos since 2019 (pic) / CBN To Fund Power Projects With N500bn Loan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.