Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,806 members, 7,848,187 topics. Date: Sunday, 02 June 2024 at 05:50 PM

How Many Offerings Does Your Church Collect During Sunday Service - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Many Offerings Does Your Church Collect During Sunday Service (12312 Views)

Father Jude Slumps And Dies In Cameroon While Preaching During Sunday Mass / Pastor Isaac Idahosa Dancing Zanku Legwork During Sunday Service / Johnson Suleiman Gives N6.5M To Unemployed Members During Sunday Service (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Many Offerings Does Your Church Collect During Sunday Service by emmabest2000(m): 8:56am On May 19
Re: How Many Offerings Does Your Church Collect During Sunday Service by mu2sa2: 8:56am On May 19
Chai, 1,2,3,4,5 offerings in one fell swoop! That's why the anointed olubumi okogie, former archbishop of lagos, said those places aren't churches but business centres. So, if you choose to be part of a business centre you're done for. Shikena!

2 Likes

Re: How Many Offerings Does Your Church Collect During Sunday Service by vanvickie(m): 8:56am On May 19
Mindlog:
One offering during Mass. Any other thing you want to give, you go see the Priest or tap your bank card at the machine there in the Church.

Na UK u dey true true.. Very simple
Re: How Many Offerings Does Your Church Collect During Sunday Service by swift123: 8:58am On May 19
I went to one dunamis church at orile agege and offering was collected more than 5 times. The pastor started with 1000 to 500 to 200 and later said whatever you have you should come and give.....I was puzzled. Testimony offering was collected o.anointed oil for favor sells for one thousand naira and water for one thousand....just imaging ! I was really pissed.

2 Likes

Re: How Many Offerings Does Your Church Collect During Sunday Service by Bliztzer: 8:58am On May 19
PrayWills:
I walked out of four square last month. These people collected five offerings in a four hour service. It wasn’t thanksgiving or anything oo.

Normal Offering
Building Offering
Love Offering
Men offering
Holy Communion Offering

The last straw was Holy Communion offering, immediately I heard that, I jus collected house keys from my wife’s bag and walked out.

Once I pay my tithe via transfer, I don’t think I will ever go to a service again. There’s no love in the church, how will you stand on the altar and ask people to come give five times knowing fully well how things are hard, that’s callousness.

Jesus would have whipped them out of his fathers house, I’m sure!

Guys, just imagine if there was a church that gives out its entire offering box to a family in need at least one Sunday a month.

These churches are getting greedy, you have no idea the amount of money these people are seeing. I myself have paid nothing less than 50k in tithe this year and I am broke oo.

Imagine people who are well off or who people who really have money; my point is our churches have to do more, a lot more.

But the five offerings still Dey burst my head, these people are making it hard to serve God oo.

1 offering. Na if u even get self
Re: How Many Offerings Does Your Church Collect During Sunday Service by tuzle(m): 9:00am On May 19
RevenuesBoost:
Ahhh! I remember attending "The Apostolic church", I give offering tire.

For now let me serve God my way.

Church should help you serve God and not empty your purse.
that was the church I grew up in. My mom was complaining that dey want to task them finish in her own branch and the fact they aren't many. This offering isn't even for the immediate church but is still going to the headquarter.

2 Likes

Re: How Many Offerings Does Your Church Collect During Sunday Service by sgtponzihater1(m): 9:01am On May 19
PrayWills:
I walked out of four square last month. These people collected five offerings in a four hour service. It wasn’t thanksgiving or anything oo.

Normal Offering
Building Offering
Love Offering
Men offering
Holy Communion Offering

The last straw was Holy Communion offering, immediately I heard that, I jus collected house keys from my wife’s bag and walked out.

Once I pay my tithe via transfer, I don’t think I will ever go to a service again. There’s no love in the church, how will you stand on the altar and ask people to come give five times knowing fully well how things are hard, that’s callousness.

Guys, just imagine if there was a church that gives out its entire offering box to a family in need at least one Sunday a month.

These churches are getting greedy, you have no idea the amount of money these people are seeing. I myself have paid nothing less than 50k in tithe this year and I am broke oo.

Imagine people who are well off or who people who really have money; my point is our churches have to do more, a lot more.

But the five offerings still Dey burst my head, these people are making it hard to serve God oo.

Giving is not compulsory brother. You have every right to be offended with 5 offering, but in all please do not let offences affect your relationship with God.

One day all those monetizing the gospel and oppressing the poor will get their full judgement. They'll be thrown into the fire that burns for ages.

God bless

4 Likes

Re: How Many Offerings Does Your Church Collect During Sunday Service by Rhado: 9:01am On May 19
GreatOchuks:
1: Sunday school offering
2: Testimony offering
3: Tithe
4: General offering
5: Seed faith
6: Building offering
7: Seed sowing
8: Pledge
9: Youth Monthly due
10: Contribution (if there's need)
11: Miscellaneous.

Today I checked my wallet , thought of the different igbeses , I just changed mind , chilling at home , will soon start watching my Forex trading videos,, can't kill myself.

Hey bro, i want to also go into Forex trading. Do you think watching videos on YouTube will be enough to make one a profitable trader?
If you don’t mind, we could link up as beginners. Thank you.
Re: How Many Offerings Does Your Church Collect During Sunday Service by jasent(m): 9:02am On May 19
PrayWills:

Normal Offering
Building Offering
Love Offering
Men offering
Holy Communion Offering

That's why I love Jehovah witness,they don't pay any offering

1 Like

Re: How Many Offerings Does Your Church Collect During Sunday Service by omoredia: 9:02am On May 19
Wetin concern ur papa?
Re: How Many Offerings Does Your Church Collect During Sunday Service by Deepthoughts: 9:03am On May 19
Wawelexy:

grin
But truth be told, women contributes more in church...

In my church, na them drlry attend program pass, they turn up for any alter call most, the bring stuffs for clergy most...

Men on the other part are trying too, but they show up most in big projects like fixing the church building, purchase of instruments and sponsoring of big anniversary etc...
All those things women take to church,do they do it from their sweat or through either the sweat of their husbands or through fleecing their husbands?,say the truth.
Re: How Many Offerings Does Your Church Collect During Sunday Service by BodePolScience: 9:04am On May 19
RevenuesBoost:
Ahhh! I remember attending "The Apostolic church", I give offering tire.

For now let me serve God my way.

Church should help you serve God and not empty your purse.

Awa omo Iran ologo!

1 Like

Re: How Many Offerings Does Your Church Collect During Sunday Service by Gajagojo: 9:05am On May 19
Zonefree:
[b][/b]

Oga, what's the essence of the tithe you're paying since you're still broke? Don't you think it's your naivety that's stopping your blessings from coming?

How about you quit paying for three months and watch if you'll still be broke.
All the blessings in the world are follow come for every man goat and chicken
As the bible says

Even the birds don't have to worry about what they will eat

There are no blessings coming or stopping
We are born with more than enough blessings
Re: How Many Offerings Does Your Church Collect During Sunday Service by InvertedHammer: 9:05am On May 19
PrayWills:
I walked out of four square last month.

These churches are getting greedy, you have no idea the amount of money these people are seeing. I myself have paid nothing less than 50k in tithe this year and I am broke o

/
Why are you blaming the church? You got pissed off at the many offerings and left. Did you die?

Blame yourself for not being a man enough to say NO to obvious extortion by another man. Look in the mirror. The problem is you. Keep paying tithes. You never see broke. Whoever convinced people to hand over their money to another man under the guise of giving to God was a genius. Obviously yahoo yahoo started many centuries ago. Your reward is in heaven while your pastor prefers his rewards here on earth.

/

2 Likes

Re: How Many Offerings Does Your Church Collect During Sunday Service by Dougad: 9:06am On May 19
Re: How Many Offerings Does Your Church Collect During Sunday Service by jasent(m): 9:06am On May 19
Rhado:

Hey bro, i want to also go into Forex trading. Do you think watching videos on YouTube will be enough to make one a profitable trader?
If you don’t mind, we could link up as beginners. Thank you.
Bro,I started trading forex since 2002,if you will listen to me,I suggest you don't pay a dime to any forex guru. Go to babypips.com and learn. Once you're done with the basic, come back to me,I will mentor your from there,all free. But make sure you have other source of income. And don't take a loan to start forex.

2 Likes

Re: How Many Offerings Does Your Church Collect During Sunday Service by Kingzmate(m): 9:06am On May 19
CASH OUT cheesy

CHURCH STYLE shocked

SOME CHURCH IS 3 TIMES OFFERING, BUT SOME DAYS THE PASTOR ONLY GET MONEY FOR 1 OFFERING sad

IF YOU KNOW ! YOU KNOW kiss
Re: How Many Offerings Does Your Church Collect During Sunday Service by SeriouslySense(m): 9:10am On May 19
Its the people that encourage these pastors. After one offering i am done. If i feel i can do additonal offering, i do so.
Re: How Many Offerings Does Your Church Collect During Sunday Service by youngrichnigga: 9:16am On May 19
Depends on how the spirit leads but a minimum of 3 every Sunday; Sunday Offering, Sunday school, mission offering, etc undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: How Many Offerings Does Your Church Collect During Sunday Service by MightySparrow: 9:17am On May 19
200 grin

Why are people always talking about offering and tithes?
Are they wrong ni?
Re: How Many Offerings Does Your Church Collect During Sunday Service by Salt06(m): 9:18am On May 19
MrIcredible:
None!

Catholic, DONATION IS YOUR CHOICE...

Unlike all these Pentecostal and new age churches that will almost put guns in your head just to robb you.

You don't need to talk down on others tho.

I attend winners and we do offerings once except once in a while for welfare. And whenever there'll be welfare offering it would be announced the Sunday prior.

I was shocked when I started living faith church because of the narrative I had always heard everywhere. U could attend for two years without giving a single offering and nobody send u because they wouldn't even know. The offering is given in such a way that people wouldn't really even notice if you didn't give or did. Nothing like stressing bring money or anything .
I've attended winners for like 8 years now and I've never been coerced to give a dime or given anything just so people wouldn't say i didn't give. I give based on understanding

1 Like

Re: How Many Offerings Does Your Church Collect During Sunday Service by Walz001: 9:22am On May 19
PrayWills:

Normal Offering
Building Offering
Love Offering
Men offering
Holy Communion Offering

I don't go to church but
Why the question in the first place
Do you want to start a church or do you have one
I guess you are trying to calculate how to get more money right because this question is not a basic need for the people in Nigeria

It's your choice if you give 10 offering so no one business

Let face something meaningful most times abeg
Re: How Many Offerings Does Your Church Collect During Sunday Service by Yankee101: 9:22am On May 19
Is that the only church you know?
There are churches that don’t even announce offering time
If you want to give an offering there’s a box at the back of the church, just drop it on your way out. Serve God not for man
Re: How Many Offerings Does Your Church Collect During Sunday Service by killsmith(f): 9:25am On May 19
Fools who think they can bribe God to bless them despite sinning per second, like say God na Nigerian police.

1 Like

Re: How Many Offerings Does Your Church Collect During Sunday Service by Ebios(m): 9:27am On May 19
H
Re: How Many Offerings Does Your Church Collect During Sunday Service by 2lateBiafra: 9:35am On May 19
PrayWills:

Normal Offering
Building Offering
Love Offering
Men offering
Holy Communion Offering

i receive TOTO OFFERING every sunday.

1 Like

Re: How Many Offerings Does Your Church Collect During Sunday Service by Rhado: 9:36am On May 19
jasent:

Bro,I started trading forex since 2002,if you will listen to me,I suggest you don't pay a dime to any forex guru. Go to babypips.com and learn. Once you're done with the basic, come back to me,I will mentor your from there,all free. But make sure you have other source of income. And don't take a loan to start forex.
You will never know pain and suffering in this life, God bless you.
Please how can I reach you privately
Why won’t I listen to you, are they playing “skelewu” in my ear. I’ve listened to you already.
Re: How Many Offerings Does Your Church Collect During Sunday Service by id4sho(m): 9:41am On May 19
PrayWills:

Normal Offering
Building Offering
Love Offering
Men offering
Holy Communion Offering

Chilled orijin, heneiken and goat/fish/chicken pepperoni money cheesy
Re: How Many Offerings Does Your Church Collect During Sunday Service by SunriseW(f): 9:43am On May 19
In my parish

Offertory (Important but not indispensable)
Second collection (optional)
Commitment offering (optional)

1 Like

Re: How Many Offerings Does Your Church Collect During Sunday Service by jaxxy(m): 9:44am On May 19
All these offerings are wrong and wrongly conceived.
Re: How Many Offerings Does Your Church Collect During Sunday Service by livebullet(m): 9:45am On May 19
PrayWills:

Normal Offering
Building Offering
Love Offering
Men offering
Holy Communion Offering

E never reach 10years when we dey warn una here? Una say na sons of perdition we be for calling out pulpit greed. Especially from these Pentecostal fold.

It's too much bro. They even threaten u that God won't bless you if you don't give all these monies
Re: How Many Offerings Does Your Church Collect During Sunday Service by Mankind2024: 9:45am On May 19
From my experience under the sun,
I have been scammed of the following offerings by the MOG( Money Making Organizations) now translated to Men Of God)
New month offering
Thanksgiving offering
Evangelism offering
Kingdom investment offering
Seed offering
Convenant and vow off
Birthday offering
Mercy of God off
Tithes
Children dedication offering
First fruit offering
Church building off
Missionary off
Etc, etc, etc

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The End Of Islam Is Near / Was the Love between King David and Jonathan Homosexual? / 990 Years In The Kingdom Of Darkness_ Evangelist Olufumilayo #series One.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.