Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,821 members, 7,848,290 topics. Date: Sunday, 02 June 2024 at 07:40 PM

How Many Offerings Does Your Church Collect During Sunday Service - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Many Offerings Does Your Church Collect During Sunday Service (12313 Views)

Father Jude Slumps And Dies In Cameroon While Preaching During Sunday Mass / Pastor Isaac Idahosa Dancing Zanku Legwork During Sunday Service / Johnson Suleiman Gives N6.5M To Unemployed Members During Sunday Service (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Many Offerings Does Your Church Collect During Sunday Service by AlanSugar(m): 4:21pm On May 19
What's malachai in general got to do with Christianity, I ask you? As a Christian, you have no business with the old testament!

KingLennon:
Once I pay my tithe and give my offering that's all. To those against tithinq and offerinq, I think you will need to tear Malachi 3:8-10 out of your bible sad
Re: How Many Offerings Does Your Church Collect During Sunday Service by delpee(f): 4:30pm On May 19
No matter the number of times, you're not forced to give. Simply pass the bag to the next person if you're not giving.

Be spirit led always. Give as you can afford based on Biblical teachings. The Bible says you should give cheerfully. You reap as you sow. God rewards a cheerful giver.

They even pray for those who are unable to give...that God should provide for their needs and make them more fruitful.
Re: How Many Offerings Does Your Church Collect During Sunday Service by Pussyisgud: 4:30pm On May 19
Keep paying your tithe while pastor drives private jet mumu
Re: How Many Offerings Does Your Church Collect During Sunday Service by vikithor(m): 4:38pm On May 19
Same one church at Oworoshoki,Lagos,they made people to dance out to the alter put offerings- it won't be that bad if they didn't make such dancing to put offering 4 to 5 times.

The pastor is insensitive to people earnings power.
People react to money especially if it's beyond their spending plans.
God's word says people should give according to how they are convinced - not coerced.

I know how I felt after putting offerings 3 times and the 4 is announced(
Many grudgingly danced out as some are seen merely passing the offering box without dropping nothing as other lower hands in the box but without dropping nothing.

Many have stayed back at home cos of too much offering things .

Continuous offerings collected at churches- tithing --- good
Building/maintenance -God
Freewill offering(appreciating the Lord for the week.......good.
Any other offerings should be reconsidered.
The country economic activities is not smiling.
We work by faith and not by sight- yes,but it's by sighting we go to market and pay for what we can afford to buy and feed family,right?
I am not against the church raising money in which ever format,the church is next to government or even before government because it providing higher quality services in morality and spiritually amongst citizens making government work easier.
Re: How Many Offerings Does Your Church Collect During Sunday Service by PotatoSalad(m): 4:50pm On May 19
osuofia2:

Most Pentecostal churches think noise making with speaker makes way to Haven.
My son of 4 years old follows her mom to redeem church and he complains the noise from the church is too much. He tells me that of my church is calm. Catholic church
Bro i was even more concerned about the ears of the 3 babies that were dedicated that Sunday. Their speakers were uncomfortably loud.

1 Like

Re: How Many Offerings Does Your Church Collect During Sunday Service by Chetas81(m): 7:01pm On May 19
KingLennon:

But u believe the part that says 'No weapon formed against you shall prosper' sad.....Double standard
all this was writing by Man
Re: How Many Offerings Does Your Church Collect During Sunday Service by 198800Mam(m): 7:08pm On May 19
Worship offering only
Re: How Many Offerings Does Your Church Collect During Sunday Service by NoToPile: 7:18pm On May 19
Once during the service.

On 2nd Sundays welfare offering for the needy is collected.

On 3rd Sundays or so, building offering is collected.

Some churches solve this by having a dedicated box for welfare of less privileged widows Etc.

Some also have dedicated permanent box for building offering.

We don't have such boxes so the 2 are collected once a month.

Now there are some other times offering is dropped

If there's a Thanksgiving you can drop an offering.

If someone is doing child dedication, some members of the congregation always want to drop an offering possibly to use as a point of contact. You can't deny them.

But the truth is you are never forced to give na, abi did they point a gun at your head?
Re: How Many Offerings Does Your Church Collect During Sunday Service by jonsn: 8:01pm On May 19
PrayWills:
I walked out of four square last month. These people collected five offerings in a four hour service. It wasn’t thanksgiving or anything oo.

Normal Offering
Building Offering
Love Offering
Men offering
Holy Communion Offering

The last straw was Holy Communion offering, immediately I heard that, I jus collected house keys from my wife’s bag and walked out.

Once I pay my tithe via transfer, I don’t think I will ever go to a service again. There’s no love in the church, how will you stand on the altar and ask people to come give five times knowing fully well how things are hard, that’s callousness.

Jesus would have whipped them out of his fathers house, I’m sure!

Guys, just imagine if there was a church that gives out its entire offering box to a family in need at least one Sunday a month.

These churches are getting greedy, you have no idea the amount of money these people are seeing. I myself have paid nothing less than 50k in tithe this year and I am broke oo.

Imagine people who are well off or who people who really have money; my point is our churches have to do more, a lot more.

But the five offerings still Dey burst my head, these people are making it hard to serve God oo.

GOD loves a cheerful giver
Re: How Many Offerings Does Your Church Collect During Sunday Service by kwasoly(m): 10:33pm On May 19
oranget:

If you were truly saved, you wouldn't insult anyone for voicing out their opinion on social media.

Am not insulting anyone, that was a brotherly advice not an insult.
When we have family problems we don't come to social media.
Re: How Many Offerings Does Your Church Collect During Sunday Service by Sunnypan: 7:18am On May 20
We're not here to discuss offering in the church, If you don't have money to put in the church offering box just remain on your seat.
Re: How Many Offerings Does Your Church Collect During Sunday Service by GreatOchuks: 8:08am On May 20
Rhado:

Hey bro, i want to also go into Forex trading. Do you think watching videos on YouTube will be enough to make one a profitable trader?
If you don’t mind, we could link up as beginners. Thank you.
akporirueochuks@gmail.com
Re: How Many Offerings Does Your Church Collect During Sunday Service by GreatOchuks: 8:11am On May 20
jasent:

Bro,I started trading forex since 2002,if you will listen to me,I suggest you don't pay a dime to any forex guru. Go to babypips.com and learn. Once you're done with the basic, come back to me,I will mentor your from there,all free. But make sure you have other source of income. And don't take a loan to start forex.
Re: How Many Offerings Does Your Church Collect During Sunday Service by GreatOchuks: 8:13am On May 20
jasent:

Bro,I started trading forex since 2002,if you will listen to me,I suggest you don't pay a dime to any forex guru. Go to babypips.com and learn. Once you're done with the basic, come back to me,I will mentor your from there,all free. But make sure you have other source of income. And don't take a loan to start forex.
Sir I am done with babypips already.
Learnt Basic Market structure
And also learning advance market structure.
I currently demo , have been able to grow my account from 10,000 to about 12,000 .
How do I contact you for mentorship plz?
Re: How Many Offerings Does Your Church Collect During Sunday Service by GreatOchuks: 8:16am On May 20
Salt06:

You don't need to talk down on others tho.

I attend winners and we do offerings once except once in a while for welfare. And whenever there'll be welfare offering it would be announced the Sunday prior.

I was shocked when I started living faith church because of the narrative I had always heard everywhere. U could attend for two years without giving a single offering and nobody send u because they wouldn't even know. The offering is given in such a way that people wouldn't really even notice if you didn't give or did. Nothing like stressing bring money or anything .
I've attended winners for like 8 years now and I've never been coerced to give a dime or given anything just so people wouldn't say i didn't give. I give based on understanding
Maybe you need to be attending other denominations of churches once every month and also for their programmes ,,, then you will truly understand the palaver at hand ....

1 Like

Re: How Many Offerings Does Your Church Collect During Sunday Service by jasent(m): 8:21am On May 20
GreatOchuks:

Sir I am done with babypips already.
Learnt Basic Market structure
And also learning advance market structure.
I currently demo , have been able to grow my account from 10,000 to about 12,000 .
How do I contact you for mentorship plz?
But make sure you have other source of income.
+233558408645
Re: How Many Offerings Does Your Church Collect During Sunday Service by kushme: 3:05pm On May 20
Rhado:

Reason I need a mentor who’s been through them all for proper guidance. Because i know one could get it all right and it may still not go all well in Forex trading. Imagine not getting it right at all.

Follow Jasent's advise. Go and study at Babypips.com, the school of pipsology. Currency trading is a career.
Re: How Many Offerings Does Your Church Collect During Sunday Service by Salt06(m): 10:17am On May 22
GreatOchuks:

Maybe you need to be attending other denominations of churches once every month and also for their programmes ,,, then you will truly understand the palaver at hand ....

Abi. That's true tho

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The End Of Islam Is Near / Was the Love between King David and Jonathan Homosexual? / What Is The Theme Of 2023 In Your Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.