Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,461 members, 7,816,079 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:02 AM

Section 37: Is Wire-Tapping Someone's Private Phone Conversation Legal? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Section 37: Is Wire-Tapping Someone's Private Phone Conversation Legal? (20094 Views)

Obi, Datti's Comments Didn't Violate Section 37 Of Criminal Code - Falana / Peter Obi: Another Unbelievable Phone Conversation Is Coming - Joe Igbokwe / NCC Denies Leaking Peter Obi's Phone Conversation With Oyedepo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Section 37: Is Wire-Tapping Someone's Private Phone Conversation Legal? by lhordspy: 12:45pm On Apr 02, 2023
Maybe we should leave political sentiment asides. We all know Peter Obi made some extreme religious political moves during the presidential campaign period by manipulating, exploiting and exploring our religious diversity to his own advantage. But the thing is no matter how interesting the latest finding is and no matter how fulfilling it is for we the progressives. I think it is time we start asking questions about the supposedly 'exclusive-findings' of gazetteNGR of recent. With this latest one clearly violating the section 37 of the 1999 constitution of the Federal Republic of N8geria which state that:

''The privacy of citizens, their homes, correspondence, telephone conversations and telegraphic communications is hereby guaranteed and protected.''

Even though i dont know how these things work entirely. But i have seen some crime movies (for example: TheWire, Sopranos, Power etc) where even the law enforcement agents/agency will have to acquire something like a court-warrant or court permission with enough reasons; a very convincing motives, to be able to secretly wiretap phonecalls of a criminal or any other person during investigation. You have to convince a judge to the fullest before the warrant or permission is granted. Failure to secure the warrant and going ahead to carry out the action make it illegal, a crime with serious consequences which also render the voice-conversation gotten from such unauthorised secret-wiretap inadmissible in court as an evidence.

I think the labour party camp should drag gazetteNGR to court and whoever published that voice conversation should be made to testify as to the real source of the wiretap under oath. Somebody need to start paying for these illegal acts carried out all in the name of investigative journalism. We cant keep operating as a lawless country.

Today it is Peter Obi, it can be anyone tomorrow. I don't even feel safe making phonecalls anymore.

105 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Section 37: Is Wire-Tapping Someone's Private Phone Conversation Legal? by N3TRAL: 12:47pm On Apr 02, 2023
It's illegal, one of the shortcomings of communication technology.

It's difficult when tech companies through their social media platforms sell our privacy to the highest bidder and local agencies spy on our domestic telephone activities.

113 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Section 37: Is Wire-Tapping Someone's Private Phone Conversation Legal? by derecho(m): 12:47pm On Apr 02, 2023
I don't care so long as what you leak is correct.Telcos record people's phone conversations.

The issue here is releasing lies

The phone conversation is FAKE.

58 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Section 37: Is Wire-Tapping Someone's Private Phone Conversation Legal? by Femmyfamous4u(m): 12:52pm On Apr 02, 2023
DSS has the right for national security.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Section 37: Is Wire-Tapping Someone's Private Phone Conversation Legal? by Obidient4Tinubu(f): 12:52pm On Apr 02, 2023
The audio is real.

Obi is worse than a religious fanatic and must be barred from our politics for life.

He will be disqualified for flouting the electoral act of campaigning on the basis of religion and campaigning on the eve of the election.

99 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Section 37: Is Wire-Tapping Someone's Private Phone Conversation Legal? by ThatFairGuy1: 12:53pm On Apr 02, 2023
How is it fake Please?

Tell us
derecho:
I don't care so long as what you leak is correct.Telcos record people's phone conversations.

81 Likes 1 Share

Re: Section 37: Is Wire-Tapping Someone's Private Phone Conversation Legal? by derecho(m): 12:57pm On Apr 02, 2023
Go and listen to it again.
Even a child knows
ThatFairGuy1:
How is it fake Please?

Tell us

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Section 37: Is Wire-Tapping Someone's Private Phone Conversation Legal? by 9japride(m): 1:01pm On Apr 02, 2023
OP and the rest commentators are masters in propaganda and mischief. Chief gaslighters. Always, taking advantage of the naive nature of the masses to control the narrative and influence their thought processes. You have rush to open a thread to make it look like Peter Obi's phone was tap. You know it's fake news, but yet still hold onto the lies. That's how you all said Peter Obi son stepped on Nigeria flag and still held on to that fake news.
Nigerians should expect more fake news and propaganda from the wicked ones concerning the opposition party of LP.
The earlier guys understand that majority of these kind of political propaganda have religious tune, they better. We all call ourselves one Nigeria, but hatred and wicked scheming is what guys specialize on.
Guys be very careful when disgusting contents made by the OP and their likes.

29 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Section 37: Is Wire-Tapping Someone's Private Phone Conversation Legal? by ThatFairGuy1: 1:01pm On Apr 02, 2023
So you'll know by listening that it's fake when Al has already been used to fact-check it, Kenneth okonkwo has confirmed it and Obi/PST Oyedepo has NEVER denied it?

derecho:
Go and listen to it again.
Even a child knows

86 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Section 37: Is Wire-Tapping Someone's Private Phone Conversation Legal? by TheManPregnant: 1:08pm On Apr 02, 2023
lhordspy:
Maybe we should leave political sentiment asides. We all know Peter Obi made some extreme religious political moves during the presidential campaign period by manipulating, exploiting and exploring our religious diversity to his own advantage. But the thing is no matter how interesting the latest finding is and no matter how fulfilling it is for we the progressives. I think it is time we start asking questions about the supposedly 'exclusive-findings' of gazetteNGR of recent.

Even though i dont know how these things work entirely. But i have seen some crime movies (for example: TheWire, Sopranos, Power etc) where even the law enforcement agents/agency will have to acquire something like a court-warrant or court permission with enough reasons; a very convincing motives, to be able to secretly wiretap phonecalls of a criminal or any other person during investigation. You have to convince a judge to the fullest before the warrant or permission is granted. Failure to secure the warrant and going ahead to carry out the action make it illegal, a crime with serious consequences which also render the voice-conversation gotten from such unauthorised secret-wiretap inadmissible in court as an evidence.

I think the labour party camp should drag gazetteNGR to court and whoever published that voice conversation should be made to testify as to the real source of the wiretap under oath. Somebody need to start paying for these illegal acts carried out all in the name of investigative journalism. We cant keep operating as a lawless country.

Today it is Peter Obi, it can be anyone tomorrow. I don't even feel safe making phonecalls anymore.

I thought you were all on the same team?! ๐Ÿ˜’๐Ÿ˜’๐Ÿ˜’

The propaganda machinery of APC! Or should I say Tinubu?

You guys have no scruples and know no boundaries. The chicken will come home to roost.

The recording of the call was obtained from a network service provider (my educated guess).

People within the institutions and organisations that should show neutrality have allowed themselves to be compromised for the sake of politics. There's no point expressing disappointment. The chicken will come home to roost. Don't forget that.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Section 37: Is Wire-Tapping Someone's Private Phone Conversation Legal? by Lemos14: 1:08pm On Apr 02, 2023
9japride:
OP and the rest commentators are masters in propaganda and mischief. Chief gaslighters. Always, taking advantage of the naive nature of the masses to control the narrative and influence their thought processes. You have rush to open a thread to make it look like Peter Obi's phone was tap. You know it's fake news, but yet still hold onto the lies. That's how you all said Peter Obi son stepped on Nigeria flag and still held on to that fake news.
Nigerians should expect more fake news and propaganda from the wicked ones concerning the opposition party of LP.
The earlier guys understand that majority of these kind of political propaganda have religious tune, they better. We all call ourselves one Nigeria, but hatred and wicked scheming is what guys specialize on.
Guys be very careful when disgusting contents made by the OP and their likes.

You dey mind them..Lhordspy dey try he is really getting a fat paycheck..I commend him for his efforts

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Section 37: Is Wire-Tapping Someone's Private Phone Conversation Legal? by lhordspy: 1:11pm On Apr 02, 2023
TheManPregnant:

I thought you were all on the same team?! ๐Ÿ˜’๐Ÿ˜’๐Ÿ˜’

The propaganda machinery of APC! Or should I say Tinubu?

You guys have no scruples and know no boundaries. The chicken will come home to roost.

The recording of the call was obtained from a network service provider (my educated guess).

People within the institutions and organisations that should show neutrality have allowed themselves to be compromised for the sake of politics. There's no point expressing disappointment. The chicken will come home to roost. Don't forget that.

The earlier you know this is not about politics but about unscrupulous, desperate, Traffic-seeking media houses, the better.

They are exploiting the political tension in the country to carry out illegal acts. After all there will always be a side that support them.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Section 37: Is Wire-Tapping Someone's Private Phone Conversation Legal? by Lemos14: 1:14pm On Apr 02, 2023
lhordspy:

The earlier you know this is not about politics but about unscrupulous, desperate, Traffic-seeking media houses, the better.

They are exploiting the political tension in the country to carry out illegal act.

It's very simple if you want to do anything evil then dont do it over the phone now abi? Use pigeon to deliver una messages e go better

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Section 37: Is Wire-Tapping Someone's Private Phone Conversation Legal? by TheManPregnant: 1:17pm On Apr 02, 2023
lhordspy:

They are exploiting the political tension in the country to carry out illegal act.

It is completely political and the sole beneficiary of this leak is the APC (the president elect in particular). The level of desperation for legitimacy has taken a new turn. Just continue. We are watching to see how far you are willing to take it.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Section 37: Is Wire-Tapping Someone's Private Phone Conversation Legal? by lhordspy: 1:20pm On Apr 02, 2023
TheManPregnant:

It is completely political and the sole beneficiary of this leak is the APC (the president elect in particular). The level of desperation for legitimacy has taken a new turn. Just continue. We are watching to see how far you are willing to take it.

Remember this same gazetteNGR released the Tinubu-CJN fake news few days back..

So can we both agree Labour party paid them to do that too?

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Section 37: Is Wire-Tapping Someone's Private Phone Conversation Legal? by Alsenora: 1:22pm On Apr 02, 2023
Good for the country they do....but in this scenario of the LP presidential candidate and the reverred cleric, how did their private phone conversation get to the online publisher? It surely couldn't have revealed by the dss...
Femmyfamous4u:
DSS has the right for national security.

1 Like

Re: Section 37: Is Wire-Tapping Someone's Private Phone Conversation Legal? by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 1:23pm On Apr 02, 2023
Obidient4Tinubu:
The audio is real.

Obi is worse than a religious fanatic and must be barred from our politics for life.

He will be disqualified for flouting the electoral act of campaigning on the basis of religion and campaigning on the eve of the election.
And you voted a Muslim Muslim ticket,comedian

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Section 37: Is Wire-Tapping Someone's Private Phone Conversation Legal? by TheManPregnant: 1:25pm On Apr 02, 2023
lhordspy:

Remember this same gazetteNGR released the Tinubu-CJN fake news few days back..

So can we both agree Labour party paid them to do that too?

A ruse to hoodwink the gullible. We both know that the CJN exposรจ could easily be debunked with factual evidence! This audio leak was prepared well ahead of time and the CJN story was just to create an illusion of neutrality since they are attacking both sides.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Section 37: Is Wire-Tapping Someone's Private Phone Conversation Legal? by 9japride(m): 1:30pm On Apr 02, 2023
Lemos14:

You dey mind them..Lhordspy dey try he is really getting a fat paycheck..I commend him for his efforts
[color=#006600][/color]

Very true, they know what they are doing. One really need to listen to those APC guys on twitter space, their level of bitterness is extreme.

2 Likes

Re: Section 37: Is Wire-Tapping Someone's Private Phone Conversation Legal? by Obidient4Tinubu(f): 1:34pm On Apr 02, 2023
HIGHESTPOPORI:
And you voted a Muslim Muslim ticket,comedian
show me a proof that I voted them simply on the basis of religion

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Section 37: Is Wire-Tapping Someone's Private Phone Conversation Legal? by Dialpad: 1:35pm On Apr 02, 2023
DSS can get access to all these.... they have all the tools ..

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Section 37: Is Wire-Tapping Someone's Private Phone Conversation Legal? by mrvitalis(m): 1:39pm On Apr 02, 2023
Obidient4Tinubu:
The audio is real.

Lol you guys are so scared you don't want to face obi in an election again ?? Lmfao

4 Likes

Re: Section 37: Is Wire-Tapping Someone's Private Phone Conversation Legal? by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 2:01pm On Apr 02, 2023
Obidient4Tinubu:
show me a proof that I voted them simply on the basis of religion
But you voted them anyway

4 Likes

Re: Section 37: Is Wire-Tapping Someone's Private Phone Conversation Legal? by History555: 2:12pm On Apr 02, 2023
ThatFairGuy1:
How is it fake Please?

Tell us

Pure fake. Let d source release the entire conservation if they are so sure.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Section 37: Is Wire-Tapping Someone's Private Phone Conversation Legal? by Quality20(m): 2:33pm On Apr 02, 2023
derecho:

its real as daylight.listen to it again and possibly get some analyst analyse it

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Section 37: Is Wire-Tapping Someone's Private Phone Conversation Legal? by lhordspy: 2:33pm On Apr 02, 2023
TheManPregnant:

A ruse to hoodwink the gullible. We both know that the CJN exposรจ could easily be debunked with factual evidence! This audio leak was prepared well ahead of time and the CJN story was just to create an illusion of neutrality since they are attacking both sides.

Lol. Delusions of an amateur conspiracy theorist.

Maybe you should take a stroll to do twitter page of gazetteNGR yourself. GazetteNGR dont care about false neutrality, they publish sh!t about anything and anyone with reckless abandonment. They have a very sour- stretched history with APC.

If anyone is sponsoring them. My money will definitely be on Labour party.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Section 37: Is Wire-Tapping Someone's Private Phone Conversation Legal? by TheManPregnant: 2:42pm On Apr 02, 2023
lhordspy:

Lol. Delusions of an amateur conspiracy theorist.

Maybe you should take a stroll to do twitter page of gazetteNGR yourself. GazetteNGR dont care about false neutrality, they publish sh!t about anything and anyone with reckless abandonment. They have a very sour- stretched history with APC.

If anyone is sponsoring them. My money will definitely be on Labour party.

Dey play! We dey look una. It will certainly come around.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Section 37: Is Wire-Tapping Someone's Private Phone Conversation Legal? by D1official: 3:06pm On Apr 02, 2023
Obidient4Tinubu:
The audio is real.

When Atiku and shettima's audio were leaked you never believed it, but here you are running from tread to tread spewing trash.

Hear me bro OBI IS COMING AND TINUBU WILL NEVER BE...

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Section 37: Is Wire-Tapping Someone's Private Phone Conversation Legal? by inoki247: 5:25pm On Apr 02, 2023
Lol

2 Likes

Re: Section 37: Is Wire-Tapping Someone's Private Phone Conversation Legal? by Dindondin(m): 5:25pm On Apr 02, 2023
Brb

1 Like

Re: Section 37: Is Wire-Tapping Someone's Private Phone Conversation Legal? by Mumusaphire: 5:26pm On Apr 02, 2023
They need to sue d person

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

CCB Trial: We Are Behind Saraki And Canโ€™t Abandon Him โ€“ PDP / Angry Residents Use Native Doctor, Fetish Items To Protest In Akwa Ibom. Photos / Commissioning Turns Sour As Angry FCT Minister Suspends FCT Fire Service Boss

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.