Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,413 members, 7,861,160 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 04:37 AM

Why Are People Quick To Recommend Divorce? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Are People Quick To Recommend Divorce? (1209 Views)

Why Are People Not Respecting The Sanctity Of Marriage Anymore? / Woman's Before And After Divorce Photos / Couple Divorce After 10 Months Of Lavish Wedding With Money Spraying Machine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are People Quick To Recommend Divorce? by Nobody: 10:00pm On Apr 03, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. Basically, a pharmacist or doctor without first-hand experience with a particular illness shouldn't confidently offer treatment to patients struggling with said illness. I see your "sense"! undecided

Your point would be valid if I was getting the advise from a therapist, and not just 'patients' like me. A patient who is neither trained nor has an experience of a certain sickness can give advise confidently all he/she wants, it is left for me to take it reservation.
Re: Why Are People Quick To Recommend Divorce? by Nobody: 10:05pm On Apr 03, 2023
onumadu:

Great observation.
In nairaland, there are MANY kids "giving advice" about marriage.
Listen to them at your own peril.
Only married persons can give useful advice about marriage.

They do have good arguments, though. Even in the mouth of 'babes' you can learn some truth and pick some wisdom.
I just feel some of them need to be more open-minded. Life does not have a one-size-fits-all solution for all issues.
Re: Why Are People Quick To Recommend Divorce? by Kobojunkie: 10:06pm On Apr 03, 2023
fortyishcouga:
Your point would be valid if I was getting the advise from a therapist, and not just 'patients' like me. A patient who is neither trained nor has an experience of a certain sickness can give advise confidently all he/she wants, it is left for me to take it reservation.
So an unmarried therapist is Ok to advise you then? undecided
Re: Why Are People Quick To Recommend Divorce? by Klass99(f): 10:11pm On Apr 03, 2023

2 Likes

Re: Why Are People Quick To Recommend Divorce? by Klass99(f): 10:18pm On Apr 03, 2023

2 Likes

Re: Why Are People Quick To Recommend Divorce? by Nobody: 11:35pm On Apr 03, 2023
Klass99:

Fighting wasn't my intent at all, I asked a valid question as part of my point and argument. Not as a diss.

The other day a married man said - parents shouldn't visit their married children for more than 3 days and when they are sick (i.e. the parents) they shouldn't stay beyond a week. shocked grin

When I engaged him on that comment, in typical fashion he said I am not married so I have no clue, I wasn't even offended by his response.

However, the interaction got me thinking and my thoughts translated to the question - na by marriage dem dey get sense? It's not a fight for me just an honest question.

Okay.
To answer the question, no, it is not about sense. Just that there are some 'grey areas' that are better understood when one is in it. That way, you have a more rounded perspective.

And I think I agree with the man on visits. Extended stays by family members do lead to issues more often than not.
Re: Why Are People Quick To Recommend Divorce? by Nobody: 2:03am On Apr 04, 2023
fortyishcouga:
I saw a thread where a lady was sharing her marital issues and a number of people wondered why she couldn't simply walk out.

They didn't get her reluctance. But I do.

When the issues are not life threatening or DV related, it is a tough to take that step. Yes, it could guarantee a woman's rest of mind, but at what cost? For instance, leaving a marriage because you have both grown apart mentally and emotionally would be tough when you think of how it will affect the kids both now and in the future.

I feel most people who throw the word divorce around with ease are not married themselves and do not get the complexities of marriage.

You are naïve and have no real life experience. I have real life examples of women I told to divorce, one was quoting the bible. The wife and the husband were my friend. He set her on fire and she is dead as we speak. Pray that you don't get married to a narcist. If i tell you life stories about women i know and abuses from husbands, you will shed tears.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are People Quick To Recommend Divorce? by Kobojunkie: 2:34am On Apr 04, 2023
Skyview01:
You are naïve and have no real life experience. I have real life examples of women I told to divorce, one was quoting the bible. The wife and the husband were my friend. He set her on fire and she is dead as we speak. Pray that you don't get married to a narcist. If i tell you life stories about women i know and abuses from husbands, you will shed tears.
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

(1) (2) (Reply)

A Wife Or The Mother Of Your Kids, Make A Choice. / What Would U Do If U Gave Ur Mom Money To Buy U A Land & She Use It For Herself? / Multi-wife Family

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.