Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,127 members, 7,835,798 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:06 PM

Why Are People Quick To Recommend Divorce? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Are People Quick To Recommend Divorce? (1182 Views)

Why Are People Not Respecting The Sanctity Of Marriage Anymore? / Woman's Before And After Divorce Photos / Couple Divorce After 10 Months Of Lavish Wedding With Money Spraying Machine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are People Quick To Recommend Divorce? by Nobody: 6:25pm On Apr 02, 2023
I saw a thread where a lady was sharing her marital issues and a number of people wondered why she couldn't simply walk out.

They didn't get her reluctance. But I do.

When the issues are not life threatening or DV related, it is a tough to take that step. Yes, it could guarantee a woman's rest of mind, but at what cost? For instance, leaving a marriage because you have both grown apart mentally and emotionally would be tough when you think of how it will affect the kids both now and in the future.

I feel most people who throw the word divorce around with ease are not married themselves and do not get the complexities of marriage.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are People Quick To Recommend Divorce? by Divoc19(f): 6:38pm On Apr 02, 2023
For long life.
You need mental stability to raise children.
Married or not.

8 Likes

Re: Why Are People Quick To Recommend Divorce? by Kobojunkie: 6:56pm On Apr 02, 2023
fortyishcouga:
■ When the issues are not life threatening or DV related, it is a tough to take that step. Yes, it could guarantee a woman's rest of mind, but at what cost? For instance, leaving a marriage because you have both grown apart mentally and emotionally would be tough when you think of how it will affect the kids both now and in the future. I feel most people who throw the word divorce around with ease are not married themselves and do not get the complexities of marriage.
1. Are children better off in an environment where daddy and mommy are literally living as strangers, enemies even, but staying together like prisoners of the marriage all for their sake? Think about the burden that you place on your kids in such a situation—aware that daddy and mommy are not happy living together. undecided

3 Likes

Re: Why Are People Quick To Recommend Divorce? by Nobody: 10:56pm On Apr 02, 2023
Living together as Daddy and Mummy, when the both of you are not happy is bad already. What happened when the children you're staying for, grows and leave the house? Maybe got married, travel abroad or dies, is that the right time to walk away?

3 Likes

Re: Why Are People Quick To Recommend Divorce? by Kobojunkie: 11:15pm On Apr 02, 2023
Dearlove2me:
Living together as Daddy and Mummy, when the both of you are not happy is bad already. What happened when the children you're staying for, grows and leave the house? Maybe got married, travel abroad or dies, is that the right time to walk away?
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Why Are People Quick To Recommend Divorce? by Nobody: 11:18pm On Apr 02, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. Are children better off in an environment where daddy and mommy are literally living as strangers, enemies even, but staying together like prisoners of the marriage all for their sake? Think about the burden that you place on your kids in such a situation—aware that daddy and mommy are not happy living together. undecided

One question... are you married?

2 Likes

Re: Why Are People Quick To Recommend Divorce? by Kobojunkie: 11:19pm On Apr 02, 2023
fortyishcouga:
■ One question... are you married?
Is this story about me and my private life or what? Let's not derail your thread abeg! undecided

5 Likes

Re: Why Are People Quick To Recommend Divorce? by Nobody: 11:24pm On Apr 02, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Is this story about me and my private life or what? undecided

It is to enable me weight your comment properly. Experience has a part to play in these things.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are People Quick To Recommend Divorce? by Saintmary(f): 11:26pm On Apr 02, 2023
fortyishcouga:
I saw a thread where a lady was sharing her marital issues and a number of people wondered why she couldn't simply walk out.

When the issues are not life threatening or DV related, it is a tough to take that step. Yes, it could guarantee a woman's rest of mind, but at what cost? For instance, leaving a marriage because you have both grown apart mentally and emotionally would be tough when you think of how it will affect the kids both now and in the future.

I feel most people who throw the word divorce around with ease are not married themselves and do not get the complexities of marriage.

As long as the wife is the only one willing to make efforts on her marriage, she is married to herself.

Is it not better to stay alone than with an unsupportive spouse?

Scientists have established through research that marriage favors men more than women, and this is true all over the world.

Why hold on to something that will shorten your lifespan, reduce your quality of life, restrict your economic prospects, etc, the list is long.

People don't throw that word around frivolously, it's something women should start to embrace fearlessly because a lot of men are not ready to give their fair share of commitment anyway, so, majority of women are married to themselves.

Did you see the latest news flying around?

A man gave his nursing wife HIV 1&2 plus hepatitis C! If she had left him, she won't be in this mess. Now a baby is involved. Divorce saves lives.

6 Likes

Re: Why Are People Quick To Recommend Divorce? by Kobojunkie: 11:30pm On Apr 02, 2023
fortyishcouga:
■ It is to enable me weight your comment properly. Experience has a part to play in these things.
1. You first need to know my private life before you consider my comments of value? undecided

1 Like

Re: Why Are People Quick To Recommend Divorce? by Nobody: 11:36pm On Apr 02, 2023
Saintmary:

As long as the wife is the only one willing to make efforts on her marriage, she is married to herself.

Scientists have established through research that marriage favors men more than women, and this is true all over the world.

Why hold on to something that will shorten your lifespan, reduce your quality of life, restrict your economic prospects, etc, the list is long.

People don't throw that word around frivolously, it's something women should start to embrace fearlessly because a lot of men are not ready to give their fair share of commitment anyway, so, majority of women are married to themselves.

[b]A man gave his nursing wife HIV 1&2 plus hepatitis C! If she had left him, she won't be in this mess. Now a baby is involved. Divorce [/b]saves lives.
The same people that condemned divorce will come up to ask the woman why she has not left the man earlier.
Sometimes, divorce is the right thing to do. So that the both parties can restructure their path.
They're actions and behavior expected of a married person. If you can't behalf right to your partner, is not bad for your partner to divorce you and let you go.
Even God the creator of the whole world does not impose himself on humanity. He allow us to follow him willingly.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are People Quick To Recommend Divorce? by Saintmary(f): 5:14am On Apr 03, 2023
Dearlove2me:
The same people that condemned divorce will come up to ask the woman why she has not left the man earlier.
Sometimes, divorce is the right thing to do. So that the both parties can restructure their path.
They're actions and behavior expected of a married person. If you can't behalf right to your partner, is not bad for your partner to divorce you and let you go.
Even God the creator of the whole world does not impose himself on humanity. He allow us to follow him willingly.

Exactly, if a person cannot do what is expected of a married person, his or her partner should help them to become single.

5 Likes

Re: Why Are People Quick To Recommend Divorce? by Nobody: 7:36am On Apr 03, 2023
We Africans emulate the bad side of the west like divorce, LGBTQ etc..

Why divorce when you separate and live peacefully??

To sustain the mental health of your children , please don't try divorce instead try to separate and do your best for your children

In the cases of abusive husband's , I blame women for not paying attention to the red flags in the dating stage .
Re: Why Are People Quick To Recommend Divorce? by ChybuzzDD(m): 8:08am On Apr 03, 2023
Saintmary:

A man gave his nursing wife HIV 1&2 plus hepatitis C! If she had left him, she won't be in this mess. Now a baby is involved. Divorce saves lives.

Can you give more evidence to justify the bolded, please?
Re: Why Are People Quick To Recommend Divorce? by Saintmary(f): 9:16am On Apr 03, 2023
ChybuzzDD:

Can you give more evidence to justify the bolded, please?

Google is your friend bro
Re: Why Are People Quick To Recommend Divorce? by Klass99(f): 10:05am On Apr 03, 2023

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are People Quick To Recommend Divorce? by Klass99(f): 10:05am On Apr 03, 2023

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are People Quick To Recommend Divorce? by ABANGWABOI(m): 10:11am On Apr 03, 2023
Saintmary:

Una go just open mouth waaaa AAA dey yarn dust ..
Marriage favours Men than women but na una dey use I AM MARRIED brag ...
Na still una dey do Thanksgiving and Testimony for getting married...
I can go on and on....
Just close your mouth and better still use yitur Anus if you no get wetin to talk...

1 Like

Re: Why Are People Quick To Recommend Divorce? by ABANGWABOI(m): 10:13am On Apr 03, 2023
Klass99:
You people justify and normalize so much bullshit that women have to tolerate or endure and for what exactly? Years of marriage that are devoid of happiness, intimacy and good partnership? This attitude is even worse when it comes from fellow women. If or when I recommend divorce, it won't be because I am a bad belle person who wants to destroy homes/marriages, it will come from a place of;

1. You are worthy of good things and you deserve better.
2. If I won't tolerate this kind of BS as a person, I won't advise someone else to do so.
3. You only live once and life is truly short, so make the best of this one life while you've got it.
4. Divorce is not a horrific or unthinkable life event to be avoided, if it is the solution that makes the best sense for your situation. Enough of the endure, fast and pray for him suggestions.

These are my dealbreakers in marriage and I will never ask another woman to stay and endure any of these;

1. The day I have to treat myself for an STD and I know I didn't cheat is the day that marriage ends.
2. The day another woman shows up pregnant with your child and my investigation reveals that you are indeed the father, is the beginning of the end, because the likelihood of number one happening is still strong.
3. The day you start agitating for anal sex or try to manipulate me into indulging you, so you don't go outside for it is the day I walk.
4. The day I find out you are gay is also the end because the chances of 1 and 3 happening are real.
5. You hit me more than once in the course of our marriage, without provocation or justification.

From the stories I have read over the years on NL I wonder if you married women have any dealbreakers at all or you are willing to tolerate anything until thy kingdom comes. It makes me question your sense of self esteem too and how much you value yourselves and your lives.

Bla bLa bLa...
You don't even have a BF you dey talk about marriage...
See You see Shiloh...

1 Like

Re: Why Are People Quick To Recommend Divorce? by onumadu: 2:45pm On Apr 03, 2023
fortyishcouga:

Great observation.
In nairaland, there are MANY kids "giving advice" about marriage.
Listen to them at your own peril.
Only married persons can give useful advice about marriage.
Re: Why Are People Quick To Recommend Divorce? by Karleb(m): 3:07pm On Apr 03, 2023
Why are you people quick to share your marital problems with strangers?

Don't you have friends and families?
Re: Why Are People Quick To Recommend Divorce? by Gloriagee(f): 3:09pm On Apr 03, 2023
Lets not ever forget to blame the victim. Odi veli veli important.

Failure2019:
We Africans emulate the bad side of the west like divorce, LGBTQ etc..

Why divorce when you separate and live peacefully??

To sustain the mental health of your children , please don't try divorce instead try to separate and do your best for your children

In the cases of abusive husband's , I blame women for not paying attention to the red flags in the dating stage .

1 Like

Re: Why Are People Quick To Recommend Divorce? by bukatyne(f): 3:25pm On Apr 03, 2023
fortyishcouga:

Depends on their moral code.

As a Christian, divorce is only allowed if:
1. A partner commits adultery
2. If they willingly walk out of the marriage without you pushing them out (abandonment)
3. Case of abuse that can lead to loss of life (my insert)

Even remarriage under the above circumstances is debatable.
Re: Why Are People Quick To Recommend Divorce? by Kobojunkie: 5:16pm On Apr 03, 2023
bukatyne:
Depends on their moral code.
As a Christian, divorce is only allowed if:
1. A partner commits adultery
2. If they willingly walk out of the marriage without you pushing them out (abandonment)
3. Case of abuse that can lead to loss of life (my insert)
Even remarriage under the above circumstances is debatable.
Religion, which is far removed from that which is of God by the way, is a terrible thing! undecided
Re: Why Are People Quick To Recommend Divorce? by Saintmary(f): 5:29pm On Apr 03, 2023
ABANGWABOI:

Una go just open mouth waaaa AAA dey yarn dust ..
Marriage favours Men than women but na una dey use I AM MARRIED brag ...
Na still una dey do Thanksgiving and Testimony for getting married...
I can go on and on....
Just close your mouth and better still use yitur Anus if you no get wetin to talk...

So, when they're looking for someone that has sense, you sef go show face.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are People Quick To Recommend Divorce? by okerekingsley90: 7:11pm On Apr 03, 2023
fortyishcouga:

One question... are you married?

That individual is not reasonable. always quick to advise people here on NL
Re: Why Are People Quick To Recommend Divorce? by okerekingsley90: 7:16pm On Apr 03, 2023
Klass99:
A lot of people justify and normalize so much bullshit as things women should tolerate or endure and for what exactly? Years of marriage that are devoid of happiness, intimacy and partnership? This attitude is even worse when it comes from fellow women. If or when I recommend divorce, it won't be because I am a bad belle person looking to destroy homes/marriages, it will come from a place of;

2. If I can't or won't tolerate this kind of BS, I won't advise someone else to do so.
3. You only live once and life is truly short, so make the best of this one life while you've got it.
4. Divorce is not a horrific or unthinkable life event to be avoided, if it is the solution that makes the best sense for your situation. Enough of the endure, fast and pray advice.

These are my dealbreakers in marriage and I will never ask another woman to stay and endure any of it;

1. The day I have to treat myself for an STD and I know I didn't cheat is the day that marriage ends.
2. The day another woman shows up pregnant with your child and my investigation reveals that you are indeed the father, is the beginning of the end, because the likelihood of number one happening is still strong.
3. The day you start agitating for anal sex or try to manipulate me into indulging you, so you don't go outside for it is the day I walk.
4. The day I find out you are gay is also the end because the chances of 1 and 3 happening are real.
5. You hit me more than once in the course of our marriage, without provocation or justification.

Years of reading NL stories has made me wonder if majority of married women have any dealbreakers or boundaries at all, for their self care and self preservation. Or are they are willing to tolerate anything till thy kingdom comes? Remember that your black life matters too as a woman.

You made no sense.
Re: Why Are People Quick To Recommend Divorce? by Klass99(f): 7:27pm On Apr 03, 2023
Re: Why Are People Quick To Recommend Divorce? by Nobody: 9:46pm On Apr 03, 2023
Klass99:
The short answer would be - because we are tired of seeing women in particular suffer needlessly. Suffer head no dey taya you people?

The long answer would be - because too many women behave as if their lives and self worth depend on marriage. And as an outsider looking in, it is pathetic, heartbreaking and sometimes just plain disgusting to see the things you all are willing to put up with for the sake of marriage, the same things that a man will not hesitate to toss you out for nor tolerate from you. A few examples I can think of now are;

1. A recurring pattern of disrespectful attitude
2. Undue interference from your family in the marriage
3. Lies about your past life or a child you didn't disclose before marriage
4. Chronic and continuos cheating, cheat once and you are gone but somehow it's okay for women to repeatedly endure? undecided

I am trying hard to recall if I have ever recommended divorce to anyone here, I am not certain if I have or not. But the truth is I often think to myself if I was the person in this situation I will end this marriage. I think the thoughts but I know to keep my thoughts private most of the times, because a lot of you have a we die here mentality when it comes to marriage and there is no reasoning with you people. What's even more amusing is when you married folks ask others if they are married for making sound suggestions, but I need to ask you guys as well, na by marriage dem dey get sense? Continued below.......

You almost ruined your good argument with this 'What's even more amusing is when you married folks ask others if they are married for making sound suggestions, but I need to ask you guys as well, na by marriage dem dey get sense?'.

No be fight, dear. The question was asked to understand what part experience plays in the advise received. Like some Hausa men would ask, 'shey the sickness done do you before?' in order to be more confident in the pill you are offering. It does not mean the advise given is discarded, just not as strongly received as it would have been otherwise.
Re: Why Are People Quick To Recommend Divorce? by Kobojunkie: 9:51pm On Apr 03, 2023
fortyishcouga:
■ You almost ruined your good argument with this 'What's even more amusing is when you married folks ask others if they are married for making sound suggestions, but I need to ask you guys as well, na by marriage dem dey get sense?'. No be fight, dear. The question was asked to understand what part experience plays in the advise received. Like some Hausa men would ask, 'shey the sickness done do you before?' in order to be more confident in the pill you are offering. It does not mean the advise given is discarded, just not as strongly received as it would have been otherwise.
1. Basically, a pharmacist or doctor without first-hand experience with a particular illness shouldn't confidently offer treatment to patients struggling with said illness. I see your "sense"! undecided
Re: Why Are People Quick To Recommend Divorce? by Nobody: 9:55pm On Apr 03, 2023
Klass99:
A lot of people justify and normalize so much bullshit as things women should tolerate or endure and for what exactly? Years of marriage that are devoid of happiness, intimacy and partnership? This attitude is even worse when it comes from fellow women. If or when I recommend divorce, it won't be because I am a bad belle person looking to destroy homes/marriages, it will come from a place of;

2. If I can't or won't tolerate this kind of BS, I won't advise someone else to do so.
4. Divorce is not a horrific or unthinkable life event to be avoided, if it is the solution that makes the best sense for your situation. Enough of the endure, fast and pray advice.

These are my dealbreakers in marriage and I will never ask another woman to stay and endure any of it;

Years of reading NL stories has made me wonder if majority of married women have any dealbreakers or boundaries at all, for their self care and self preservation. Or are they willing to tolerate anything till thy kingdom comes? Your black life matters too as a woman.

You do paint such a dire picture. Are there no middle grounds? It is not always white or black; good or bad.
And it is not only about women too.

Imagine I am a man... I am not 100% okay with my marriage. My wife does not do things like she used to, no longer as caring as she used to be. I feel she loves and pays more attention to work than me, we argue more and more, she does not like to do the things I enjoy (like spontaneously taking trips), is away from home too often for my liking, etc. Would you advise me to divorce her for my happiness sake?

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

A Father Allowed Maddona To Adopt His Son, Is This Poverty ? / Free Pet Needs Good Home / I Need Ur Advice As Touching Marital Issue

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.