Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,146 members, 7,829,098 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:08 PM

Bought A Lemon And Now I Want To Use It For A Project Car - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Bought A Lemon And Now I Want To Use It For A Project Car (3917 Views)

Ever Since I Bought A Mercedes Benz, It's Been One Trouble To Another / The Parable Of A Lemon. / Dubious Calculusx of V.A Auto Sales Ventures Sold A Lemon Lexus ES 350 To Me! !! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bought A Lemon And Now I Want To Use It For A Project Car by wunmi590(m): 2:22pm On Apr 05, 2023
theadeola:

Thank you boss. I will sure do that. I just want a sound engine and gear that won't give me issues.

Wetin this car don do me eh grin

Once you give your job to GAZZUZZ 08033910382 , go and sleep with your two eyes closed, you are in a safe hand and very honest...

Better thing nah money kill am ooo

3 Likes

Re: Bought A Lemon And Now I Want To Use It For A Project Car by theadeola(m): 2:36pm On Apr 05, 2023
wunmi590:

Once you give your job to GAZZUZZ 08033910382 , go and sleep with your two eyes closed, you are in a safe hand and very honest...

Better thing nah money kill am ooo

Thank you oga mi. I intend to reach out to him soon. The testimonials are too much to ignore.
Re: Bought A Lemon And Now I Want To Use It For A Project Car by yesloaded: 3:21pm On Apr 05, 2023
theadeola:

Oga mi, na so we see am. Pls if you know any good plug for engine and gear replacement, please hook me up.

Since you lives in Ibadan, I can recommend my personal mechanic to go you out

He's not a Nairaland member but he's very good at what he does

His workshop is located around samonda area of Ibadan

If you are interested do let me know so I post his contact for you
Re: Bought A Lemon And Now I Want To Use It For A Project Car by theadeola(m): 5:25pm On Apr 06, 2023
yesloaded:

Hello bro. Is your mechanic autotel?
Re: Bought A Lemon And Now I Want To Use It For A Project Car by yesloaded: 6:37pm On Apr 06, 2023
theadeola:

Hello bro. Is your mechanic autotel?

Yes

Have you been there before?
Re: Bought A Lemon And Now I Want To Use It For A Project Car by theadeola(m): 11:14pm On Apr 06, 2023
yesloaded:

Yes

Have you been there before?

Yeah. I agree that he is good, and normally he's the one I'd have wanted to do the engine and gear swap, but his shop is extremely far from my area. It's like going across town.
Re: Bought A Lemon And Now I Want To Use It For A Project Car by yesloaded: 6:51am On Apr 07, 2023
theadeola:

Yeah. I agree that he is good, and normally he's the one I'd have wanted to do the engine and gear swap, but his shop is extremely far from my area. It's like going across town.

Oh I see
Re: Bought A Lemon And Now I Want To Use It For A Project Car by theadeola(m): 8:24pm On Apr 08, 2023
Update: I've reached out to gazzuzz, and he attended to me well. Only problem is that the total cost to get the engine and gear to Ibadan with gazzuzz will exhaust the budget I already made. And I'll still need to pay for the swap, fluids, spacers and some other things involved.

So as much as I really want to get the engine and gear from him, it doesn't look like I'll be able to afford to.

In looking for an alternative, I came across godwinchuka. He seems clean and legit, but I need to do my due diligence for obvious reasons.

So as part of that, please can anyone who's dealt with him before talk about him? I just want to be sure he sells good stuff before going ahead.

1 Like

Re: Bought A Lemon And Now I Want To Use It For A Project Car by theadeola(m): 7:11pm On Apr 19, 2023
yesloaded:

Hi bro.

I eventually took the car to autotel.

He's fixed up the gear and so far, no issues with the gear.

Your recommendation came in handy.

2 Likes

Re: Bought A Lemon And Now I Want To Use It For A Project Car by theadeola(m): 7:14pm On Apr 19, 2023
Now, it's the engine that is giving me issues. I intend changing it in any case, but due to the cost, it's not something I can do immediately.

So I need the engine in good working condition for just under 3 weeks.

Brudda apparently didn't get the memo.

First, the last cylinder went dead. Found out it was a wiring issue, and it was fixed.

Now, first cylinder is also dead, and car's acceleration is basically shit.

angry
Re: Bought A Lemon And Now I Want To Use It For A Project Car by yesloaded: 9:11am On Apr 20, 2023
theadeola:

Hi bro.

I'm glad that you are glad

You are welcome sir

1 Like

Re: Bought A Lemon And Now I Want To Use It For A Project Car by easytig(m): 2:10am On May 09, 2023
Whenever I see a naija used car for sale,the first thing that comes to my mind is naija abused for sale,lol back then my dad bought pencil light Camry naija used,with dead engine,he replaced the engine with toks and the car serve very well.anything naija used motor just budget for a new engine as you are buying simply because the previous engine was practically ignorantly serviced with roadside oil for a long duration of time.

2 Likes

Re: Bought A Lemon And Now I Want To Use It For A Project Car by theadeola(m): 11:02am On May 09, 2023
grin grin

Honestly, you're right.

easytig:
Whenever I see a naija used car for sale,the first thing that comes to my mind is naija abused for sale,lol back then my dad bought pencil light Camry naija used,with dead engine,he replaced the engine with toks and the car serve very well.anything naija used motor just budget for a new engine as you are buying simply because the previous engine was practically ignorantly serviced with roadside oil for a long duration of time.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bought A Lemon And Now I Want To Use It For A Project Car by easytig(m): 4:29pm On May 09, 2023
A lemon car is a car that is a endless money pit,that is no matter the amount used to put it in order ,it will still not be functional,the only solution is to butcher or strip it of its body parts and use as donor. A frame damage vehicle due to high impact collision or even flood damage vehicles are major lemon cars.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bought A Lemon And Now I Want To Use It For A Project Car by chukel(m): 7:59am On May 11, 2023
theadeola:
I changed the suspension parts about two months ago, and the gear started having issues since then. First it wasn't reversing, but that stopped after the valve body was washed.

Now, the gear won't work in gear 2. It will shift to gear 2, but the rpm would be very high, around 3,000 or 3200 before it does so. Then once it enters gear 2, the rpm drops to around 700, the car starts vibrating and there's this loud sound from the gear that sounds like plates hitting each other. Once the car gets to 40kmh, the clacking stops and the car rpms rise to around 1000. But then no matter how much you press the accelerator, it won't change to gear 3.

So, gear needs replacement.

Also, the engine's knock sensor is gone, 02 sensor is gone. It moves well in gear 1, with or without ac. But I recently 'cleaned' the plugs and I've been having delayed acceleration intermittently since then.

before you change the gear, change the knock sensors.
Re: Bought A Lemon And Now I Want To Use It For A Project Car by chukel(m): 8:02am On May 11, 2023
theadeola:

Hi bro.

did he change the transmission?
Re: Bought A Lemon And Now I Want To Use It For A Project Car by chukel(m): 8:03am On May 11, 2023
theadeola:
Now, it's the engine that is giving me issues. I intend changing it in any case, but due to the cost, it's not something I can do immediately.

So I need the engine in good working condition for just under 3 weeks.

Brudda apparently didn't get the memo.

First, the last cylinder went dead. Found out it was a wiring issue, and it was fixed.

Now, first cylinder is also dead, and car's acceleration is basically shit.

angry
why do I have a feeling this car is not using the appropriate ECU?
Re: Bought A Lemon And Now I Want To Use It For A Project Car by theadeola(m): 3:23pm On May 11, 2023
chukel:
why do I have a feeling this car is not using the appropriate ECU?

Actually, the mechanic that changed the transmission told me the ecu is bad, and that it needs to be changed.

Also, what do you mean by not using appropriate ecu? The ecu in it is the same one I bought it with. Or my ecu has been swapped?
Re: Bought A Lemon And Now I Want To Use It For A Project Car by theadeola(m): 3:24pm On May 11, 2023
chukel:
before you change the gear, change the knock sensors.

Did so, same thing. It was the gear that was the problem.
Re: Bought A Lemon And Now I Want To Use It For A Project Car by chukel(m): 8:30pm On May 12, 2023
theadeola:

Actually, the mechanic that changed the transmission told me the ecu is bad, and that it needs to be changed.

Also, what do you mean by not using appropriate ecu? The ecu in it is the same one I bought it with. Or my ecu has been swapped?
if that ecu was changed by the previous owner in Nigeria, chances are that the wrong ecu is in that car. Send the VIN and the part number written on the ecu in your car.
Re: Bought A Lemon And Now I Want To Use It For A Project Car by deturla: 8:10am On May 14, 2023
skywalker240:
You are at the right place, just mention the gurus over here and 69% of the problem may probably be solved

I bought a naija used vehicle too though it is not a lemon, I'll never make that decision again

If i don't have cash for Toks, I'll rather rest 😎 cool

If your Naija used isn’t a lemon, then why the decision not to buy again?
Re: Bought A Lemon And Now I Want To Use It For A Project Car by skywalker240(m): 3:25pm On May 14, 2023
deturla:

If your Naija used isn’t a lemon, then why the decision not to buy again?
It's not related to lemon, although i must admit, i spent alot as the maintenance culture of the previous owner was extremely poor

Now almost 2 year's, the car is strong and have not given me a serious problem that requires arms and length to fix, only just few necessary things that needs compulsory changes and it requires technicians to do

In summary the car is not a lemon, but there are a lot of things that requires servicing and maybe changes that the previous owner was paying no attention to
Re: Bought A Lemon And Now I Want To Use It For A Project Car by Manuella4ace: 9:02pm On May 14, 2023
skywalker240:

It's not related to lemon, although i must admit, i spent alot as the maintenance culture of the previous owner was extremely poor

Now almost 2 year's, the car is strong and have not given me a serious problem that requires arms and length to fix, only just few necessary things that needs compulsory changes and it requires technicians to do

In summary the car is not a lemon, but there are a lot of things that requires servicing and maybe changes that the previous owner was paying no attention to

My advice is before buying a Nigerian used car, get a professional to check in out.
I bought a Corolla from gazzuzz, and honestly it's just toks spec. Nobody knows it's a 9ja used till date.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bought A Lemon And Now I Want To Use It For A Project Car by skywalker240(m): 11:43pm On May 14, 2023
Manuella4ace:

My advice is before buying a Nigerian used car, get a professional to check in out.
I bought a Corolla from gazzuzz, and honestly it's just toks spec. Nobody knows it's a 9ja used till date.
Many people are not that lucky you know
Re: Bought A Lemon And Now I Want To Use It For A Project Car by Manuella4ace: 12:43am On May 15, 2023
skywalker240:

Many people are not that lucky you know

Its not all about being lucky, because they don't have any knowledge of the car they want to buy and they do make the mistake of calling a kazeem instead of a professional, or even going alone sef.
A kazeem go just fire the car and tell you oga, e dey fire well, a professional should run scan, carefully inspect the car.

Personally I can never buy a car that has it radiator fan wired direct and thermostat removed, e.t.c.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bought A Lemon And Now I Want To Use It For A Project Car by Badb0y4lyf(m): 12:39am On May 16, 2023
easytig:
A lemon car is a car that is a endless money pit,that is no matter the amount used to put it in order ,it will still not be functional,the only solution is to butcher or strip it of its body parts and use as donor. A frame damage vehicle due to high impact collision or even flood damage vehicles are major lemon cars.

This is the most honest advice here. If I were you I would also package the car and pass it on and count my losses. My lemon story was much worst I bought a grade A engine but I kept fixing one thing or the other I sold it when wahala won kill me

1 Like

Re: Bought A Lemon And Now I Want To Use It For A Project Car by Manuella4ace: 8:16pm On May 16, 2023
Badb0y4lyf:

This is the most honest advice here. If I were you I would also package the car and pass it on and count my losses. My lemon story was much worst I bought a grade A engine but I kept fixing one thing or the other I sold it when wahala won kill me

Was the chassis damaged?
If not every other thing is fixable, have it in mind when fixing, return to factory spec.
Re: Bought A Lemon And Now I Want To Use It For A Project Car by Badb0y4lyf(m): 9:50pm On May 16, 2023
Manuella4ace:

Was the chassis damaged?
If not every other thing is fixable, have it in mind when fixing, return to factory spec.

It was beyond that once there was poor maintenance on a car it will all fall apart at some certain time, the airflow compartment was bad, no catalyst, the AC doesn’t cool any more after 3 weeks even change the compressor the legs ball joint lower arms the shocks it was just one problem to another it was an accord V6 2005
Re: Bought A Lemon And Now I Want To Use It For A Project Car by Itsrm(m): 10:07pm On May 16, 2023
Manuella4ace:

Its not all about being lucky, because they don't have any knowledge of the car they want to buy and they do make the mistake of calling a kazeem instead of a professional, or even going alone sef.
A kazeem go just fire the car and tell you oga, e dey fire well, a professional should run scan, carefully inspect the car.

Personally I can never buy a car that has it radiator fan wired direct and thermostat removed, e.t.c.

Continue deceiving yourself. You were just lucky.

E.g, A bad steering rack can be fixed with cheap seals. You buy it, one month later steering rack fails and you're looking for 90k to buy a new one.

A bad transmission can cause frequent damages to axles in some cars and causing vibrations. I put a toks axle, your professional checks and certifies it okay, one month later the axle fails and you're looking for money to replace the transmission. That's assuming you're even lucky to figure out the fault is from the transmission.

One day a vehicle can be working perfectly fine, the next week after you buy, the ECU becomes defective costing you tens thousands to fix.

Leave all these stories of taking professionals to inspect cars. There's only so much they can see.

1 Like

Re: Bought A Lemon And Now I Want To Use It For A Project Car by Manuella4ace: 10:41pm On May 16, 2023
Itsrm:

Continue deceiving yourself. You were just lucky.

E.g, A bad steering rack can be fixed with cheap seals. You buy it, one month later steering rack fails and you're looking for 90k to buy a new one.

A bad transmission can cause frequent damages to axles in some cars and causing vibrations. I put a toks axle, your professional checks and certifies it okay, one month later the axle fails and you're looking for money to replace the transmission. That's assuming you're even lucky to figure out the fault is from the transmission.

One day a vehicle can be working perfectly fine, the next week after you buy, the ECU becomes defective costing you tens thousands to fix.

Leave all these stories of taking professionals to inspect cars. There's only so much they can see.

I will still say it's not all about being lucky, get a professional, if only you know how many cars I've told gazzuzz to check out, my dear, get a professional, nah their job. They know what to look out for.
Re: Bought A Lemon And Now I Want To Use It For A Project Car by Manuella4ace: 10:56pm On May 16, 2023
Badb0y4lyf:

It was beyond that once there was poor maintenance on a car it will all fall apart at some certain time, the airflow compartment was bad, no catalyst, the AC doesn’t cool any more after 3 weeks even change the compressor the legs ball joint lower arms the shocks it was just one problem to another it was an accord V6 2005

I'll still stand on what I said, assuming you let a honest professional like gazzuzz check out this car for you, he would have told you to avoid that car!

When I wanted to buy a car, I was searching for a matrix, do you know how many he went to checkout? And rejected because they were not in a top shape, I was even thinking maybe he doesn't want me to buy the car, but with a comprehensive scan results and applied experience, I just accepted and followed his advice to have patience, after 3 months a toks specs corolla came out and he contacted me, It was one of the best car purchase I've ever made.

Always pay and let the professionals do their job, it will help you a long way.

1 Like

Re: Bought A Lemon And Now I Want To Use It For A Project Car by Badb0y4lyf(m): 11:54am On May 17, 2023
Manuella4ace:

I'll still stand on what I said, assuming you let a honest professional like gazzuzz check out this car for you, he would have told you to avoid that car!

When I wanted to buy a car, I was searching for a matrix, do you know how many he went to checkout? And rejected because they were not in a top shape, I was even thinking maybe he doesn't want me to buy the car, but with a comprehensive scan results and applied experience, I just accepted and followed his advice to have patience, after 3 months a toks specs corolla came out and he contacted me, It was one of the best car purchase I've ever made.

Always pay and let the professionals do their job, it will help you a long way.

That’s the word there Honest professional. I’m not disputing your fact. I didn’t go and buy the car on my own I took a mechanic along infact sometimes we do chill and drink together so we were more like area friend didn’t know he connived with the car owner to sell me a lemon it was my first car sha he still hides and regrets if he see me today.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

World’s Most Expensive Car Mercedes Benz Sl600 Covered With 300,000 Diamonds / How I Was Billed 3.5m At Toyota Place In Lagos Ladipo Area, To Fix My Car / My Transaction With Gazzuzz....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.