Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,562 members, 7,816,362 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:11 AM

₦‎5m NBC Fine: We Will Not Let Our Voices Be Silenced - Channels TV's Seun - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ₦‎5m NBC Fine: We Will Not Let Our Voices Be Silenced - Channels TV's Seun (31376 Views)

Partisan Comparisons Of Channel Tv’s Seun And Arise Tv’s Rufai By Farooq Kperogi / How Emefiele Silenced Top Officials Of DSS - Sahara Reporters / June 12: We Don't Have Their Guns, All We Have Is Our Voices - Mr Macaroni (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

₦‎5m NBC Fine: We Will Not Let Our Voices Be Silenced - Channels TV's Seun by nwekeugochukwu: 7:54am On Apr 03, 2023
N5m NBC Fine: We Will Not Let Our Voices Be Silenced - Channels TV's Seun Okinbaloye

Channels Television presenter, Seun Okinbaloye, has reacted to the N5 million fine recently slammed on the TV station by the National Broadcasting Commission (NBC), IGBERETV reports.

Seun stated that the “media will not be silenced as Nigeria belongs to everyone”.

Last week, the regulatory body slammed Channels the fine, following a petition received from the President-elect, Bola Tinubu, over Okinbaloye's interview with the Vice Presidential candidate of Labour party, Datti Baba-Ahmed on March 22 in which Datti openly kicked against the swearing-in of Tinubu as President come May 29.

Datti called on President Buhari and the Chief Justice of Nigeria not to swear in Tinubu, insisting that declaring Tinubu a winner and issuing him a certificate of return was against the constitution.

‘’Whoever swears in Mr Tinubu, Mr Baba-Ahmed said, has “ended Democracy” in Nigeria. Mr President, do not hold that inauguration. CJN your lordship, do not partake in unconstitutionality. I am taking this risks for the sake of my country. Yes, it is extreme and I am saying it. It was more extreme for Yakubu (INEC Chair) to issue that certificate (of return). It was reckless. He is putting all our lives in danger. All of us. I am telling you that on the 29th of May 2023, swear in Tinubu as this result is, you have ended democracy whoever you are. You cannot swear in people who have not met constitutional requirements. If you do that, you have done something unlawful, something unconstitutional. And I am repeating it, whoever does not meet the constitutional requirement must not, must never be sworn in. You said my name. If you like I can say it again. I am Datti Baba-Ahmed.”

In his petition signed by one of his media aides, Bayo Onanuga, Tinubu accused the Labour Party LP Vice Presidential candidate Datti Baba-Ahmed of making several incendiary comments during the interview and noted that Okinbaloye failed to act professionally by stopping the politician from making such comments.

As a result of this, the NBC slammed a N5 million fine on the TV station.

In an apparent reaction to the fine, Seun while ending his political program on Sunday night, April 2, said;

’I want to take a moment to acknowledge the challenges that we as a media industry are facing in Nigeria. Events in the past days have created an environment of fear and uncertainty and threatened the freedom of speech and integrity of the media landscape but in spite of these challenges, we as journalists and broadcasters remain committed to our duty to inform, educate and entertain our audience. We at Channels TV indulge in only reasonable and professional journalism.

In the face of popular and reckless practice, we play clean and descent, even when it looks or sounds unpopular with the crowd or online mob, we do it not only for today but for the future and the sustenance of our profession others want to destroy but we want to protect it. We will not be deterred by these obstacles. We will continue to stand up for what is right and speaks truth to power, even in the face of adversity. We will remain brave, strong, and resilient and we will not let our voices be silenced. Nigeria belongs to all of us''

https://igberetvnews.com/1442297/n5m-nbc-fine-will-let-voices-silenced-channels-tvs-seun-okinbaloye/

134 Likes 11 Shares

Re: ₦‎5m NBC Fine: We Will Not Let Our Voices Be Silenced - Channels TV's Seun by wahalawahala: 7:55am On Apr 03, 2023
Who silence u bfr?
u were fined cos of ur unprofessional conduct..simple

152 Likes 29 Shares

Re: ₦‎5m NBC Fine: We Will Not Let Our Voices Be Silenced - Channels TV's Seun by Mabizeka: 7:56am On Apr 03, 2023
Tinunu is a big threat to our democracy.

433 Likes 41 Shares

Re: ₦‎5m NBC Fine: We Will Not Let Our Voices Be Silenced - Channels TV's Seun by omowolewa: 7:56am On Apr 03, 2023
Just pay and collect receipt! I have my reasons o.

It will either be used as evidence of refund should Obi win at Supreme Court or
Evidence of previous violations against the popular candidate.

67 Likes 4 Shares

Re: ₦‎5m NBC Fine: We Will Not Let Our Voices Be Silenced - Channels TV's Seun by NothingDoMe: 7:58am On Apr 03, 2023
Blubabala never enter he don dey silence media. 🤨

Sleekfingers:

Is Tinubu the current president? What has he got to do with the fine ?

So Tinubu is Blubabala? I'm shocked!!!! 😂

195 Likes 9 Shares

Re: ₦‎5m NBC Fine: We Will Not Let Our Voices Be Silenced - Channels TV's Seun by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 7:59am On Apr 03, 2023
wahalawahala:
Who silence u bfr?
When would tvc be fines for doing worse

269 Likes 15 Shares

Re: ₦‎5m NBC Fine: We Will Not Let Our Voices Be Silenced - Channels TV's Seun by Ihateheadslamer: 8:01am On Apr 03, 2023
Who will sue the federal government for wasting tax payers money on fraudulent election in Nigeria
omowolewa:
Just pay and collect the receipt

111 Likes 7 Shares

Re: ₦‎5m NBC Fine: We Will Not Let Our Voices Be Silenced - Channels TV's Seun by IVORY2009(m): 8:01am On Apr 03, 2023
wahalawahala:
Who silence u bfr?

What is unprofessional there, tell me, Nbc in collaboration with APC work hand in hand to silent any media house that does not dance to their turns.

169 Likes 12 Shares

Re: ₦‎5m NBC Fine: We Will Not Let Our Voices Be Silenced - Channels TV's Seun by wahalawahala: 8:03am On Apr 03, 2023
HIGHESTPOPORI:
When would tvc be fines for doing worse
write your own petition against them na if u think they are doing something wrong . Atleast petition was written against channels.. no be by coming online to form victim or ask stupid questions🙄

66 Likes 6 Shares

Re: ₦‎5m NBC Fine: We Will Not Let Our Voices Be Silenced - Channels TV's Seun by Dreal1247: 8:03am On Apr 03, 2023
The Media Suppression has already started even when those who stole the collective mandate of true Nigerians have not stepped into the seat of power.

49 Likes 4 Shares

Re: ₦‎5m NBC Fine: We Will Not Let Our Voices Be Silenced - Channels TV's Seun by wahalawahala: 8:04am On Apr 03, 2023
IVORY2009:

What is unprofessional there, tell me, Nbc in collaboration with APC work hand in hand to silent any media house that does not dance to their turns.
I fear who no fear una

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ₦‎5m NBC Fine: We Will Not Let Our Voices Be Silenced - Channels TV's Seun by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 8:10am On Apr 03, 2023
wahalawahala:
write your own petition against them na if u think they are doing something wrong . Atleast petition was written against channels.. no be by coming online to form victim or ask stupid questions🙄
What happened to all the petition that have been written and nothing was done about it

31 Likes 4 Shares

Re: ₦‎5m NBC Fine: We Will Not Let Our Voices Be Silenced - Channels TV's Seun by MightyHand(m): 8:10am On Apr 03, 2023
All this lie lie mandate followers, how would you build all your mandate on lies and religious sentiment.
A biG shame to the Fisherman and the followers

12 Likes

Re: ₦‎5m NBC Fine: We Will Not Let Our Voices Be Silenced - Channels TV's Seun by press9jatv: 8:10am On Apr 03, 2023
Nice response from Seun okinbaloye. You are a legend in the social media space.

48 Likes 1 Share

Re: ₦‎5m NBC Fine: We Will Not Let Our Voices Be Silenced - Channels TV's Seun by wahalawahala: 8:11am On Apr 03, 2023
HIGHESTPOPORI:
What happened to all the petition that have been written and nothing was done about it
how many of such do u know of or just usual online hearsay? 😒

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ₦‎5m NBC Fine: We Will Not Let Our Voices Be Silenced - Channels TV's Seun by Xscape1993(m): 8:13am On Apr 03, 2023
Nigeria my country....

1 Like

Re: ₦‎5m NBC Fine: We Will Not Let Our Voices Be Silenced - Channels TV's Seun by ALTERNATEID: 8:19am On Apr 03, 2023
You conducted a very reckless interview that broke all ethics of professional journalism and instead of acknowledging your fault and promising to do better in the future, you are grandstanding and talking nonsense about silencing the media. How’s sanctioning ChannelsTv for breaking broadcasting code the same as silencing the media?

In fact, NBC really need to do more. The N5million fine is just a slap on the wrist. Something around N50million would be more appropriate.

40 Likes 11 Shares

Re: ₦‎5m NBC Fine: We Will Not Let Our Voices Be Silenced - Channels TV's Seun by Abfinest007(m): 8:40am On Apr 03, 2023
Seun and channel are trying but they're not doing their work properly. How can you allow someone to lie in ur station when u can counter video . look at fayose arise tv interview when he was shown d video he kept quiet

7 Likes

Re: ₦‎5m NBC Fine: We Will Not Let Our Voices Be Silenced - Channels TV's Seun by Nobody: 8:49am On Apr 03, 2023
This is a military democracy.

8 Likes

Re: ₦‎5m NBC Fine: We Will Not Let Our Voices Be Silenced - Channels TV's Seun by nwekeugochukwu: 10:29am On Apr 03, 2023
nlfpmod
Re: ₦‎5m NBC Fine: We Will Not Let Our Voices Be Silenced - Channels TV's Seun by Exposed1: 11:00am On Apr 03, 2023
We no go gree o we no go gree! Naija polithiefcians wan destroy free speech kpatkata.

They are wasting away.

8 Likes

Re: ₦‎5m NBC Fine: We Will Not Let Our Voices Be Silenced - Channels TV's Seun by Bobloco: 11:01am On Apr 03, 2023
Tinubu is the biggest threat to democracy and free speech

14 Likes

Re: ₦‎5m NBC Fine: We Will Not Let Our Voices Be Silenced - Channels TV's Seun by Chibuzoc(m): 11:19am On Apr 03, 2023
grin
Re: ₦‎5m NBC Fine: We Will Not Let Our Voices Be Silenced - Channels TV's Seun by AntiChristian: 11:19am On Apr 03, 2023
Talk your talk but use your sense!

The Law is there and can be invoked anytime on anyone!

AIT and Arise TV have been there!

Obidients, you need to read about grief cycle to brace up for the next couple of years after Jubril of Sudan completes his Tenure!

Amuda Ogunlere from Iragbiji, Osun state will start his own tenure till 2031!

You should transfer your hatred from the Fulani/Hausas to the Yorubas!

When will the narrative start that Tinubu is dead and he's been cloned abroad?

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ₦‎5m NBC Fine: We Will Not Let Our Voices Be Silenced - Channels TV's Seun by Obaofaba: 11:19am On Apr 03, 2023
Bring it on then.

No one is fighting you or silencing the media but your TV station shouldn't be used to incite the public and cause deaths.

Let the Mauritanian use his Facebook page or Twitter account to spew trash against the state and watch him get picked.

Channel tv shouldn't toe the line of AIT or they'll be forgotten like yesteryears tv station.

103 Likes 1 Share

Re: ₦‎5m NBC Fine: We Will Not Let Our Voices Be Silenced - Channels TV's Seun by KanwuliaExtra: 11:19am On Apr 03, 2023
I say WE MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE!!!! grin

COME TO DADDY . . . . WAILING BABIES!!!

11 Likes

Re: ₦‎5m NBC Fine: We Will Not Let Our Voices Be Silenced - Channels TV's Seun by Switruth: 11:19am On Apr 03, 2023
wahalawahala:
Who silence u bfr?
what’s unprofessional?

2 Likes

Re: ₦‎5m NBC Fine: We Will Not Let Our Voices Be Silenced - Channels TV's Seun by Beverlyjean(f): 11:19am On Apr 03, 2023
The way Tinubu is attacking media houses, the way he also complained about social media .... u will see that Abacha will b a Saint compared to what this man will do .... my former boss once told me that subordinates that attack their bosses usually do worse when thy attain that executive position....

10 Likes

Re: ₦‎5m NBC Fine: We Will Not Let Our Voices Be Silenced - Channels TV's Seun by LaSenior: 11:20am On Apr 03, 2023
cheesy
Re: ₦‎5m NBC Fine: We Will Not Let Our Voices Be Silenced - Channels TV's Seun by samogo1: 11:20am On Apr 03, 2023
Are you not the one that collected money from Tinubu to post an advert on your station that "Tinubu is coming" grin

He never cum, sorry I mean come una don dey shout tongue

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Dickson Hosts Obasanjo, Goodluck Jonathan And Patience To A Dinner (Photos) / How Fulani Herdsmen Overpowered Policemen, Soldiers In Plateau – Victims / Farewell, Governor Ambode: A Pictorial Documentary Of Some Of His Achievements

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.