Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,628 members, 7,813,069 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:20 AM

My Experience With A Lexus ES330 - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My Experience With A Lexus ES330 (2495 Views)

Between A Mercedes And A Lexus / Selling My Toyota Corrolla To Buy A LEXUS ES330, Price And Mantianance? / Between A Toyota Highlander 2006 And A Lexus RX 350 2006 Models (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Experience With A Lexus ES330 by RoadMozart(m): 3:59pm On Apr 03, 2023
Last sunday which was palm Sunday, we had a little task to perform in my church. The church chose 3 cars to transport members to the location where the task was to be performed. The cars they chose were highlander 2009(mine), one lexus es330 and one Acura MDX.

Everyone got into the cars and the little journey began. I was ahead while the lexus guy was behind me... We left the acura man in church. I noticed the lexus guy was inviting me for a race when he suddenly overtook me, turned on his music to a very high volume and wind up his Windows. The momment he passed, he turned on his hazard lights and zoomed off. I chuckled and to my people to fasten their belts cos the man was trying to ridicule my ride. I then began by playing Yinka Ayefele....

I changed the gear to the S-drive mode and then fired. In no time I caught up with him. I followed him for a few seconds then I overtook him. I looked at my meter and saw 170kmph reading.... I looked behind and saw him some distance away. In a minute, he caught up with me but remained behind me till we got our destination. As I alighted, his passengers ran to my passengers to complain about him and they said they were going to follow me back. My people were speechless cos of What they experienced in my car. I saw some of them praying while I was moving....
2 mins later the acura man arrived.

Lexus owners have this pride within them as if they drive a Ferrari.

4 Likes

Re: My Experience With A Lexus ES330 by Timagex(m): 2:20am On Apr 04, 2023
I will comment later. πŸ€”πŸ˜
Re: My Experience With A Lexus ES330 by olumzzz(m): 4:18am On Apr 04, 2023
RoadMozart:
Last sunday which was palm Sunday, we had a little task to perform in my church. The church chose 3 cars to transport members to the location where the task was to be performed. The cars they chose were highlander 2009(mine), one lexus es330 and one Acura MDX.

Everyone got into the cars and the little journey began. I was ahead while the lexus guy was behind me... We left the acura man in church. I noticed the lexus guy was inviting me for a race when he suddenly overtook me, turned on his music to a very high volume and wind up his Windows. The momment he passed, he turned on his hazard lights and zoomed off. I chuckled and to my people to fasten their belts cos the man was trying to ridicule my ride. I then began by playing Yinka Ayefele....

I changed the gear to the S-drive mode and then fired. In no time I caught up with him. I followed him for a few seconds then I overtook him. I looked at my meter and saw 170kmph reading.... I looked behind and saw him some distance away. In a minute, he caught up with me but remained behind me till we got our destination. As I alighted, his passengers ran to my passengers to complain about him and they said they were going to follow me back. My people were speechless cos of What they experienced in my car. I saw some of them praying while I was moving....

K
Re: My Experience With A Lexus ES330 by ukandi1(m): 6:04am On Apr 04, 2023
The guy probably didn't give you a chase because of tyres and suspension issues.
My experience driving both cars is simple.
1. Both run on the same engine type -- 1MZ
2. The ES version is lighter and would accelerate reaching a particular odometer reading before the heavy weight highlander.
3. Bigger tyres of highlander is excess luggage

8 Likes

Re: My Experience With A Lexus ES330 by dangoteinlaw: 6:19am On Apr 04, 2023
Op hope you not trying to say a highlander is faster than a lexus oh and i bet yours is 4plugs because nigeria kazims have programmed every car owners brain to believe that a 4plug toyota is next to slice bread.

5 Likes

Re: My Experience With A Lexus ES330 by Angrygoat: 6:20am On Apr 04, 2023
Qcura horsepower I think is about 280 or so. Na beast. Na sports suv

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience With A Lexus ES330 by dangoteinlaw: 6:32am On Apr 04, 2023
Angrygoat:
what I don’t understand is wgy every honda cars or suv on the road looks so stressed, bent, the body pressed in like it just left the panel beater shop. Lately very few honda cars are seen on the road and the one in 100 you see are either packed on the road side or kind of going very slow and legs bent outwards. Seems people are fast staying away from hondas. Why an asking is i almost bought a honda bit i needed to do a road survey before deciding and believe me in a thousand cars i saw not up to 3bondas, alll the rest toyotas and lexus. Those nairalanders saying hondas are the best where are they using theirs?

1 Like

Re: My Experience With A Lexus ES330 by kingreign(m): 8:14am On Apr 04, 2023
RoadMozart:

I still Dey repair and sell engines shaaa.

5 Likes

Re: My Experience With A Lexus ES330 by THROTTLE: 8:34am On Apr 04, 2023
RoadMozart:

Both vehicles mentioned are NOT designed/tuned for racing; this is what your ES guy (and you) failed to factor.

Man, know thy vehicle... grin

- Throttle.

6 Likes

Re: My Experience With A Lexus ES330 by RoadMozart(m): 9:53am On Apr 04, 2023
dangoteinlaw:
Op hope you not trying to say a highlander is faster than a lexus oh and i bet yours is 4plugs because nigeria kazims have programmed every car owners brain to believe that a 4plug toyota is next to slice bread.
Mine is V6
Re: My Experience With A Lexus ES330 by Jagermeister(m): 9:55am On Apr 04, 2023
In all of these things, you didn't talk about the 'acura man' you left in church who arrived only two minutes after the pair of you and the lexus... Even with your speed and overtaking and hazard light and rolled up windows grin.. The Acura is faster than you both (he probably didn't know you guys were doing need for speed so he was probably even cruising and yet.. slow drivers, the pair of you hehe

14 Likes

Re: My Experience With A Lexus ES330 by xperiencelove(m): 11:19am On Apr 04, 2023
Point of correction. Highlander 09 V6 uses 2gr-fe which is 3.5L and ES330 uses 3MZ-fe which is 3.3L. It is ES300, Camry big daddy V6, Sienna old model and some other that uses 1MZ (VVTi or non-VVTi) of 3.0L engine.
ukandi1:
The guy probably didn't give you a chase because of tyres and suspension issues.
2. The ES version is lighter and would accelerate reaching a particular odometer reading before the heavy weight highlander.

6 Likes

Re: My Experience With A Lexus ES330 by kingreign(m): 11:36am On Apr 04, 2023
Jagermeister:
In all of these things, you didn't talk about the 'acura man' you left in church who arrived only two minutes after the pair of you and the lexus... Even with your speed and overtaking and hazard light and rolled up windows grin.. The Acura is faster than you both (he probably didn't know you guys were doing need for speed so he was probably even cruising and yet.. slow drivers, the pair of you hehe

You no tell them say engine still plenty for market?

2 Likes

Re: My Experience With A Lexus ES330 by nurey(m): 11:48am On Apr 04, 2023
RoadMozart:

I rebuild transmission of vehicles incase after racing the transmission refuses to ...

1 Like

Re: My Experience With A Lexus ES330 by RoadMozart(m): 12:53pm On Apr 04, 2023
nurey:

I rebuild transmission of vehicles incase after racing the transmission refuses to ...
πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Where's your location boss?
Re: My Experience With A Lexus ES330 by RoadMozart(m): 1:03pm On Apr 04, 2023
xperiencelove:
Point of correction. Highlander 09 uses 2gr-fe which is 3.5L and ES330 uses 3MZ-fe which is 3.3L. It is ES300, Camry big daddy V6, Sienna old model and some other that uses 1MZ of 3.0L engine.
πŸ’―
Re: My Experience With A Lexus ES330 by nurey(m): 1:32pm On Apr 04, 2023
RoadMozart:

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Where's your location boss?

I can work remotely nah, no need of location grin
Re: My Experience With A Lexus ES330 by RoadMozart(m): 1:37pm On Apr 04, 2023
nurey:

I can work remotely nah, no need of location grin
Though my car has just 2k mileage, I need to scan. Catalyst needs work.

I'm in Ondo at the moment
Re: My Experience With A Lexus ES330 by nurey(m): 1:45pm On Apr 04, 2023
RoadMozart:

Though my car has just 2k mileage, I need to scan. Catalyst needs work.

I'm in Ondo at the moment

I am far from you sha in Ondo too but extreme end of Ondo (Araromi Obu)
Re: My Experience With A Lexus ES330 by RoadMozart(m): 2:11pm On Apr 04, 2023
nurey:

I am far from you sha in Ondo too but extreme end of Ondo (Araromi Obu)
I'm in Okitipupa but if you describe your place, I'll locate you
Re: My Experience With A Lexus ES330 by nurey(m): 2:32pm On Apr 04, 2023
RoadMozart:

I'm in Okitipupa but if you describe your place, I'll locate you

That's after Ore side, I have described my place nah, its popularly called Oni paraga
Re: My Experience With A Lexus ES330 by RoadMozart(m): 2:34pm On Apr 04, 2023
nurey:

That's after Ore side, I have described my place nah, its popularly called Oni paraga
Please drop your contact, I'll call you
Re: My Experience With A Lexus ES330 by 9icetoo(m): 3:38pm On Apr 04, 2023
ukandi1:
1. There was nowhere in his writeup that he specified his engine size. How you came up with that engine type is beyond me. 1MZ stopped in the 2003 model of both the highlander and es330. 3mz was used from 2003/4 upwards for the v6 highlander and 2GR for the 2008 and up V6 model.
2. You are correct
3. You are correct all things being equal (gearing).

That said, OP, racing an ES330 with innocent souls on board is a borderline madness. Those souls trusted you to take them to their destination safely and not play Russian roulette with their lives.
Relay the same message to the ES330 Hamilton wannabe.

Thanks.

11 Likes

Re: My Experience With A Lexus ES330 by 9icetoo(m): 3:41pm On Apr 04, 2023
Angrygoat:
300hP if its the 08-13 model.
Re: My Experience With A Lexus ES330 by nurey(m): 4:35pm On Apr 04, 2023
9icetoo:

1. There was nowhere in his writeup that he specified his engine size. How you came up with that engine type is beyond me. 1MZ stopped in the 2003 model of both the highlander and es330. 3mz was used from 2003/4 upwards for the v6 highlander and 2GR for the 2008 and up V6 model.
2. You are correct
3. You are correct all things being equal (gearing).

That said, OP, racing an ES330 with innocent souls on board is a borderline madness. Those souls trusted you to take them to their destination safely and not play Russian roulette with their lives.
Relay the same message to the ES330 Hamilton wannabe.

Thanks.

Is their destination not final destination? grin

1 Like

Re: My Experience With A Lexus ES330 by buygala(m): 4:41pm On Apr 04, 2023
If to say gbese happen now, we will read "Bloodthirsty trailer driver crushes innocent worshippers returning from Church" .

Then a section of Nigerians will" brilliantly" connect the dots and mention how trailers are mostly driven by Northern Muslims, and how they have used it since time immemorial for their Jihad mission as per decimating Christians undecided.. A genius will mention Dangote to buttress the point.

Then another "wise fellow" will say "Muslim Muslim Government has not even been sworn in, but they have started butchering Christians.

Then another wise fellow will blame Buhari for not banning all trailers from Nigerian roads, as if na him papa head dem go use transport all this heavy cargo, in the absence of a functional national train network.

But very few if any will blame the idiot Op doing 170 with a Highlander that has such a high centre of gravity, the ES3330 guy who lured him in, and the docile passengers in both vehicles who did barely nothing while Op and Oga ES were trying to murder themselves and others in cold blood.

In.any case, very few Nigerian roads have active Cameras..So when such calamities happen, we already have a standard list of people to blame. And the "victims" are never on the list.

But it's ok.. We Nigerians hardly question the dead.. Op, when that death wey una dey find finally find una, we assure you say we go put all the blame on Dangote and his trailers, or Buhari's potholes, or Fulani cows, anything sha but una.

7 Likes

Re: My Experience With A Lexus ES330 by chccho(m): 4:45pm On Apr 04, 2023
RoadMozart:

So u had your church members with u in your car and the other car and u all were over-speeding trying to prove what exactly Thank God u all got to your destination safely but that was careless and irresponsible from both of u.
Pls drive more carefully and responsibly.
170km/h is dangerous and high-speed driving.
Besides where in Nigeria did u find the good roads to be driving on such high speed
Life no get duplicate o!
Shalom

7 Likes

Re: My Experience With A Lexus ES330 by chccho(m): 5:15pm On Apr 04, 2023
So I just finished reading your story and this is the next thing I saw
https://www.nairaland.com/7639986/bros-jay-kay-dies-accident#122280708
Re: My Experience With A Lexus ES330 by nurey(m): 5:29pm On Apr 04, 2023
chccho:

And nah Lexus ES variant also

2 Likes

Re: My Experience With A Lexus ES330 by Pootle: 6:47pm On Apr 04, 2023
las las who no go die

1 Like

Re: My Experience With A Lexus ES330 by RoadMozart(m): 6:53pm On Apr 04, 2023
chccho:
Na only God dey protect. Person wey no run sef dey get accident. Our pray is that we shouldn't die before our time.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With A Lexus ES330 by Djreloaded(m): 6:54pm On Apr 04, 2023
grin
Jagermeister:

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Auto-upgrades That Don’t Really β€˜upgrade’ / Oil Shortage On 99 Camry / Amazing Facts Why Nigerians Love Japanese Cars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.