Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,458 members, 7,819,669 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:26 PM

Before You Get Married As A Man In Nigeria - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Before You Get Married As A Man In Nigeria (1612 Views)

Married As A Virgin, Married For Love Yet..... / We Married As Virgins - Couple Who Welcomed Triplets After 25 Years Of Marriage / Pressure To Get Married (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Before You Get Married As A Man In Nigeria by Namaster: 12:12am On Apr 04, 2023
I don't get why any man would want to get married in Nigeria of TODAY. But every Saturday, a new man loses his senses.

If you're one those men or planning to join them soon, keep this in mind;

NEVER GET MARRIED IF YOU'RE POOR.

Why?

1. You will not enjoy the marriage.
2. It'll cut your chances of escaping poverty by 99%>
3. Your children's future will be compromised.
4. Your daughter will become a hookup girl.
5. Your son will become a yahoo boy.
6. Your family will hate you.
7. Your wife will Bleep her EX.
8. Your wife will Bleep her BOSS.
9. Your wife will Bleep your LANDLORD.
10. Your wife will Bleep your RICH FRIEND.
11. Your wife will Bleep your NEIGHBOUR.
12. Your wife will Bleep your PASTOR.
13. The only person your wife will NOT Bleep is YOU.

Consider yourself warned.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Before You Get Married As A Man In Nigeria by mmadu5(m): 12:17am On Apr 04, 2023
your completely right only reason most married men are still in their marriage is because of the kids .. Hell .. some even run away and leave everything behind.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Before You Get Married As A Man In Nigeria by EastAlchemist: 12:49am On Apr 04, 2023
grin grin grin grin

Please leave all the women so I can marry all of them

3 Likes

Re: Before You Get Married As A Man In Nigeria by Illegal1(m): 2:35am On Apr 04, 2023
Omoh......on point bro

2 Likes

Re: Before You Get Married As A Man In Nigeria by Jhagz(m): 5:22am On Apr 04, 2023
Truer words have never been spoken

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Before You Get Married As A Man In Nigeria by Balaking: 6:16am On Apr 04, 2023
What if you go broke after yo marry

2 Likes

Re: Before You Get Married As A Man In Nigeria by Goodlady(f): 7:18am On Apr 04, 2023
EastAlchemist:
grin grin grin grin

Is it not you the op is warning not to marry as a poor man?
Poverty no dey tire you?

Re: Before You Get Married As A Man In Nigeria by EastAlchemist: 9:25am On Apr 04, 2023
Goodlady:

Is it not you the op is warning not to marry as a poor man?
Poverty no dey tire you?
Lol so I should become a criminal because of marriage
Thunder Dey smell

I will marry all of them with my simple income
If you don’t like you can just work too and support

Instead of you to be clamoring for better standards of living
You Dey run from marriage way be natural order
Chickens
Re: Before You Get Married As A Man In Nigeria by Goodlady(f): 9:28am On Apr 04, 2023
EastAlchemist:

Lol so I should become a criminal because of marriage
Thunder Dey smell

I will marry all of them with my simple income
If you don’t like you can just work too and support
Your types deserve restrain from breeding poverty
Re: Before You Get Married As A Man In Nigeria by EastAlchemist: 9:31am On Apr 04, 2023
Goodlady:

Your types deserve restrain from breeding poverty
Restrain from breeding poverty??
That sentence wan Dey resemble compliment somehow
But I be olodo make I no go carry the one I no no

Please explain
Re: Before You Get Married As A Man In Nigeria by Goodlady(f): 9:48am On Apr 04, 2023
EastAlchemist:

Restrain from breeding poverty??
That sentence wan Dey resemble compliment somehow
But I be olodo make I no go carry the one I no no

Please explain
A poor man should be prevented from having sex in order to reduce giving birth to kids that aren't raised well

1 Like

Re: Before You Get Married As A Man In Nigeria by EastAlchemist: 9:57am On Apr 04, 2023
Goodlady:

A poor man should be prevented from having sex in order to reduce giving birth to kids that aren't raised well
Your opinion
Re: Before You Get Married As A Man In Nigeria by odenkirk: 12:03pm On Apr 04, 2023
Namaster:
I don't get why any man would want to get married in Nigeria of TODAY. But every Saturday, a new man loses his senses.

Why?

go see a psychiatric

1 Like

Re: Before You Get Married As A Man In Nigeria by cococandy(f): 1:20pm On Apr 04, 2023
😄🤣
Namaster:

Why?

Re: Before You Get Married As A Man In Nigeria by Curiouscity(m): 3:27pm On Apr 04, 2023
Namaster:

Why?

I think you should define who can be classified as a poor man.

Minimum wage is 33k. In most states, a level 12 is regarded as senior civil servant, but earn less than 150k. For some modern Nigerian women less than 500k is still poverty.
In fact, if you earn 300k and above, but you don't give her money to throw away and do anyhow, most will still tag you as poor. And any of what you stated may happen, and the man is to be blamed.
Re: Before You Get Married As A Man In Nigeria by Lingudy(m): 3:38pm On Apr 04, 2023
EastAlchemist:
grin grin grin grin

And all of em will born for you??
Re: Before You Get Married As A Man In Nigeria by Nice2023(m): 4:34pm On Apr 04, 2023
Namaster:

Why?

Even the man will misbehave in his own ways.

Yes,na me talk.

Poverty breeds evil.

Re: Before You Get Married As A Man In Nigeria by Darlingme(f): 4:42pm On Apr 04, 2023
Nau wao, so, any young man who unfortunately meet the wrong woman and the woman tends to break his heart, automatically become a marriage counselor on nairaland.
@op, is this advice, applicable to your sisters, female family members as well or just the gullible Nigerians?

1 Like

Re: Before You Get Married As A Man In Nigeria by Nice2023(m): 4:54pm On Apr 04, 2023
Who is a poor man in Nigeria?

We need to define who a poor man and who is not?

If not,some people would think they are rich or too poor.
Re: Before You Get Married As A Man In Nigeria by Curiouscity(m): 4:56pm On Apr 04, 2023
Darlingme:
Nau wao, so, any young man who unfortunately meet the wrong woman and the woman tends to break his heart, automatically become a marriage counselor on nairaland.
@op, is this advice, applicable to your sisters, female family members as well or just the gullible Nigerians?

It is both ways. Almost 90% of female online marriage counselors from Nigeria are divorced. Even the ones who caused the breakdown of the marriage.

The only problem with the op is lack of context, plus the fact that there are still good women out there, though very few. We generalize a lot.

1 Like

Re: Before You Get Married As A Man In Nigeria by Dzzzz: 6:56pm On Apr 04, 2023
How many of them your wife bleep Abeg make I know so mine won’t interact with those ones again😂😂
Re: Before You Get Married As A Man In Nigeria by Kiddogarcia(m): 7:10pm On Apr 04, 2023
See views for nairaland.

Na we be your best plug for everything Sexual enhancement tho
Re: Before You Get Married As A Man In Nigeria by yemmit90: 7:11pm On Apr 04, 2023
As times goes on, you will understand life better.

You don't need to be rich before you get married, all you need is source of income and a good spouse who is also working. Also, have the number of children you can comfortably care for.

Lastly, don't get married without having a source of income.
Re: Before You Get Married As A Man In Nigeria by wunmi590(m): 7:32pm On Apr 04, 2023
Re: Before You Get Married As A Man In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:05pm On Apr 04, 2023
Curiouscity:

It is both ways. Almost 90% of female online marriage counselors from Nigeria are divorced. Even the ones who caused the breakdown of the marriage.

The only problem with the op is lack of context, plus the fact that there are still good women out there, though very few. We generalize a lot.

I have realised there is a gender war going on in Nairaland. It is both amusing and concerning.
Re: Before You Get Married As A Man In Nigeria by Curiouscity(m): 9:14pm On Apr 04, 2023
fortyishcouga:

I have realised there is a gender war going on in Nairaland. It is both amusing and concerning.

While I agree with you that most people on Nairaland see things based on gender lenses, there is still some unbiased truth to some. Sadly the gender war in the Family Section is perpetuated by unmarried boys/girls. Most married people are objective.

Finally, my response to your position was reality, not part of the war.

(1) (Reply)

Are You Happy With Your Life Right Now / Enlighten Me With Your Opinion About My Marriage / Is It Bad For A Working Married Lady To Send Money To Her Parents?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.