Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,645 members, 7,809,429 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:28 AM

Is It Bad For A Working Married Lady To Send Money To Her Parents? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Bad For A Working Married Lady To Send Money To Her Parents? (1610 Views)

Any Married Lady Who Never Had This Is As Good As unmarried. / My Wife Needs To Be Re-trained, Then I Sent Her Back To Her Parents. / My Wife Spends Money On Her Parents And Sibling Without My Consent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Bad For A Working Married Lady To Send Money To Her Parents? by Aniody: 1:51pm On Jan 04, 2010
please NL's Happy new year to You all. Let us deal wi this issue, please i want your contributions, what is wrong with a married lady who was trained by her parents and is working to send money to her parents.
Re: Is It Bad For A Working Married Lady To Send Money To Her Parents? by akinbola2: 2:07pm On Jan 04, 2010
It is not bad at all,dont let any man deceive you,it is biblical for children to take care of their parents,whether man,woman,married or unmarried,if u can pay your tithe and offering in church,how much more your parents dat sent u 2 school to be a success,if u know d mystery of the blessing there u wld almost dash them all,constant prayers and promotion wld come 4rm your job when u do it.pls when doing it,be careful with d kind of man u re moving with,if u discover he is selfish u can do it at is back,am a man also but some men could be funny,
Re: Is It Bad For A Working Married Lady To Send Money To Her Parents? by Aniody: 2:21pm On Jan 04, 2010
Akinbola God will bless you so much thank You.
Re: Is It Bad For A Working Married Lady To Send Money To Her Parents? by Nobody: 2:23pm On Jan 04, 2010
Re: Is It Bad For A Working Married Lady To Send Money To Her Parents? by akinbola2: 4:23pm On Jan 04, 2010
@Aniody,thanks for making my day,observe men who tell u not 2 reachout to your family or parents,it becomes difficult for them to reach out in kind and gifts to inlaws in marriage,yet they wont let ladies send to their parents,pls take note u need to be more diplomatic in dealing with men,when it get to his time,if he has female children,will he allow a man to tell his daughter to forget him for good.long live your parents. Stay blessed.
Re: Is It Bad For A Working Married Lady To Send Money To Her Parents? by ifyalways(f): 4:30pm On Jan 04, 2010
It does not even matter if ur parents trained u or not,If u are grown up,married or single and is comfortable,u ought to help ur parents or siblings.
Re: Is It Bad For A Working Married Lady To Send Money To Her Parents? by Aniody: 8:50am On Jan 05, 2010
thanks everybody that contributed to this, i am so glad and ur contribution helped me a loot cos i was told that my concern should be towards my immediate.
Re: Is It Bad For A Working Married Lady To Send Money To Her Parents? by echobee(f): 11:46am On Jan 05, 2010
@ifyalways,
i totally agree with u.
Re: Is It Bad For A Working Married Lady To Send Money To Her Parents? by tallgal(f): 1:01pm On Jan 05, 2010
No itnis not. Why should her parents be neglected because she is married?
Re: Is It Bad For A Working Married Lady To Send Money To Her Parents? by Dclique(m): 11:26pm On Jan 05, 2010
@topic, i see nothing wrong with that.
Its your turn to take care of your parents just like they did for you.
Re: Is It Bad For A Working Married Lady To Send Money To Her Parents? by Fhemmmy: 12:24am On Jan 06, 2010
Not bad at all
If married, if you give ur folks 100$, give your man folks 50$.
Re: Is It Bad For A Working Married Lady To Send Money To Her Parents? by mamagee3(f): 2:33am On Jan 06, 2010
What's bad for a woman to send money to her parents
Whether married or not
?
Re: Is It Bad For A Working Married Lady To Send Money To Her Parents? by Nobody: 5:03am On Jan 06, 2010
only someone with a warped mindset will mind a person sending her parents money.

like its their business in any case?
Re: Is It Bad For A Working Married Lady To Send Money To Her Parents? by spoilt(f): 5:05am On Jan 06, 2010
why would anyone try to stop her?
Re: Is It Bad For A Working Married Lady To Send Money To Her Parents? by Nobody: 8:25am On Jan 06, 2010
Re: Is It Bad For A Working Married Lady To Send Money To Her Parents? by Aniody: 11:37am On Jan 06, 2010
thank you all once again, let me give you my story, this is really causing me a lot of prb right now, when i was not working, i never sent any money or whatever to m parents, so wen i got this job i sent them part of my salary and also sent to my inlaws though smaller, since then i never sent them anyother till this xmas i sent my whole salary.
Re: Is It Bad For A Working Married Lady To Send Money To Her Parents? by TOPE20001(f): 11:39am On Jan 06, 2010
ifyalways:

It does not even matter if your parents trained u or not,If u are grown up,married or single and is comfortable,u ought to help your parents or siblings.

Well said. wink
Re: Is It Bad For A Working Married Lady To Send Money To Her Parents? by ravenzord(m): 11:50am On Jan 06, 2010
chaircover:

I was reading between the lines of what the poster said.

People will not believe how much strife "looking after the in-laws" can cause if not handled well.

An example is what happens in a scenario where one of the in-laws is much richer than the other (parent A is a petty trader and parent B is a Government minister)and say for example you want to buy each of them Christmas or birthday presents? Are you going to send N5,000 to the petty trader and a whole cow for the minister? or will you given them both the same thing?

What about a scenario where one partner has no siblings to look after and the other comes from a family of 10 junior siblings who are all in school?

Another scenario is where the husband has lost his job and the wife is the only one working, but she only sends money to her parents, saying she cant afford to look after the husbands parents too on her wages

Another scenario is where the wife is a housewife & the husband claims that he has big projects going on and therefore cannot afford to be throwing money around etc

We all agree that the wife/husband should send money to their parents; no question about that, but it can be a little more complicated than that and must be handled wisely.

True talk
Re: Is It Bad For A Working Married Lady To Send Money To Her Parents? by Nobody: 5:28pm On Jan 06, 2010
As Africans, it's our duty to support our parents.
However, if you're married to a foreigner they might not see the wisdom in this.

If you're married to a foreigner, try and understand if he protests.
All you need to do is calmly explain that it is our responsibility and it's the norm.

I advice though that if you do send to your parents,
Don't forget to occasionally send to your in-laws too (if they're Africans).
Re: Is It Bad For A Working Married Lady To Send Money To Her Parents? by Manabos: 11:23am On Jan 08, 2010
Woman my advice for u is that, u should be very careful not to bring course on your home because, what so ever u had belong to ur husband likewise urs too, sending any thing to your parent are not bad, but try to be in agreement between u and ur husband before sending any time to them because u have already married, u have another father a part from ur biological father, if u love this man u must give him the respect, and not to do things in ur ways. God bless u. shocked grin
Re: Is It Bad For A Working Married Lady To Send Money To Her Parents? by queenesthr(f): 11:52am On Jan 08, 2010
You should support your parents, but not to the detriment of your immediate family.
Re: Is It Bad For A Working Married Lady To Send Money To Her Parents? by Fhemmmy: 3:03am On Jan 09, 2010
queenesthr:

You should support your parents, but not to the detriment of your immediate family.

True Dat
Re: Is It Bad For A Working Married Lady To Send Money To Her Parents? by Manabos: 8:03am On Jan 11, 2010
Yes, in case you do not know, your immediate family is your husband family
Re: Is It Bad For A Working Married Lady To Send Money To Her Parents? by selencious(f): 10:15pm On Jan 15, 2010
For Sure!!! Its is the best thing to do, Even if your parents are living a comfortable life, Just doing that brings blessings upon you. So, please, always send money and help ur parents in whatever way you can, even if you are not married.
Re: Is It Bad For A Working Married Lady To Send Money To Her Parents? by Nobody: 6:49am On Jan 16, 2010
let me see the man that will stop me from sending my parents money. As rich as old man is he will always appreciate every little gift and show it to all his friends and boast to them. If you buy him a tin of milk he will bring it out when his friends come visit and offhand tell them that his kids brought this for him form Abuja, at this their age i realized that parents do dat a lot, his friends who are also really well to do also do that to him because he comes home and tells me about what other kids bought their parents. I realized that when you get old, money, cars and everything else means nothing to you, you just wanna look at your kids and say "yeh, If i did that, then I must have done something worthwhile in my life time"
SO believe me, you have the right to clear your bank account for your folks
Re: Is It Bad For A Working Married Lady To Send Money To Her Parents? by johnkaro(m): 11:56am On Jan 16, 2010
Good post and a very important issue, well said by some of the honorable members of this board but some of the contributors do not seem to get it right. Yon see it is very good for you to take care of your parent the Bible instructed us to do that. However, the same Bible also made us to understand that, " for this reason a man and a woman will leave their parent at a certain time and cleave together to become one flesh, i.e to become husband and wife to raise their own family to fulfill the injunction of God on the earth. So it is left for as a wife and a husband to use the mind and wisdom that God has given to you to balance everything you do in that institution of marriage. That is why spirituality is very important in your life.

For your advice my dear you must let your husband or your wife to know or even both of you should plan whatever you want to give your parents together and as you do that in harmony the blessing that is associated with giving to your parents will be pour into your family. Pls it should not be with fight and strifes God bless you all.
Re: Is It Bad For A Working Married Lady To Send Money To Her Parents? by coolier(f): 6:55pm On Jan 17, 2010
What sort of question is this? shocked
Re: Is It Bad For A Working Married Lady To Send Money To Her Parents? by beautyk1: 1:32pm On Jan 18, 2010
coolier:

What sort of question is this? shocked
baffled!
Re: Is It Bad For A Working Married Lady To Send Money To Her Parents? by Shinatu: 8:00am On Jan 19, 2010
chaircover:

I was reading between the lines of what the poster said.

People will not believe how much strife "looking after the in-laws" can cause if not handled well.

An example is what happens in a scenario where one of the in-laws is much richer than the other (parent A is a petty trader and parent B is a Government minister)and say for example you want to buy each of them Christmas or birthday presents? Are you going to send N5,000 to the petty trader and a whole cow for the minister? or will you given them both the same thing?

What about a scenario where one partner has no siblings to look after and the other comes from a family of 10 junior siblings who are all in school?

Another scenario is where the husband has lost his job and the wife is the only one working, but she only sends money to her parents, saying she cant afford to look after the husbands parents too on her wages

Another scenario is where the wife is a housewife & the husband claims that he has big projects going on and therefore cannot afford to be throwing money around etc

We all agree that the wife/husband should send money to their parents; no question about that, but it can be a little more complicated than that and must be handled wisely.

@Chaircover

Godbless you! these are real everyday issues not some 1+1=2 thoery!

(1) (Reply)

Faithful Husbands, Trusting Wives, Sign In Here. / Baby Girl Name / Getting Ready For My Introduction Pls Advice!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.