Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,191 members, 7,822,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:24 AM

Kegite Group Should Be Banned In Universities After Uniben Student Was Killed - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Kegite Group Should Be Banned In Universities After Uniben Student Was Killed (37928 Views)

How I Found Out My Student Was My Nursery School Teacher –lecturer / UNILAG Mermaid: Eyewitness Explains Why Rumored Mermaid Student Was Arrested / Martin Nwankwo, IMSU Professor Celebrates Birthday With Kegite Club In Owerri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kegite Group Should Be Banned In Universities After Uniben Student Was Killed by shopifyhero1: 8:10pm On Apr 04, 2023
Re: Kegite Group Should Be Banned In Universities After Uniben Student Was Killed by bola4dprec(m): 8:15pm On Apr 04, 2023
HeartlessMan:
Come and tell us to our face.
Okunrin meta
Re: Kegite Group Should Be Banned In Universities After Uniben Student Was Killed by RoadMozart(m): 8:17pm On Apr 04, 2023
I'd rather join Man O'clock War than join Keggites

1 Like

Re: Kegite Group Should Be Banned In Universities After Uniben Student Was Killed by izubext007: 8:18pm On Apr 04, 2023
Keggite is not a cult, but managed by cultists
Re: Kegite Group Should Be Banned In Universities After Uniben Student Was Killed by Jennifer3006(f): 8:18pm On Apr 04, 2023
half of their members are cultist and mostly rival gangs under one roof claiming to be palm wine tappers and drinkers by day and doing other wise by night....May his soul RIP
Re: Kegite Group Should Be Banned In Universities After Uniben Student Was Killed by KazikageSama: 8:18pm On Apr 04, 2023
Raysleek:
For now it will look like punishing the victims

It doesn't look like it. It's exactly what it is. We only know this guy as Kegite cos he got murdered. If a random person had died, would we have asked for his social organizations so we could ban them. This is a case of leaving the main cause to address "non-issues"

5 Likes

Re: Kegite Group Should Be Banned In Universities After Uniben Student Was Killed by Femich18(m): 8:19pm On Apr 04, 2023
Righthussle:
They should also ban religious groups in campuses because most members belong to one cult or the other.
Lol. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Kegite Group Should Be Banned In Universities After Uniben Student Was Killed by Newnas(m): 8:20pm On Apr 04, 2023
Righthussle:
They should also ban religious groups in campuses because most members belong to one cult or the other.
This is a lie.
Re: Kegite Group Should Be Banned In Universities After Uniben Student Was Killed by Nobody: 8:20pm On Apr 04, 2023
Make I shift one side for those wey carry catapillar enter this thread! Cultist hides everywhere!

2 Likes

Re: Kegite Group Should Be Banned In Universities After Uniben Student Was Killed by Angelfrost(m): 8:22pm On Apr 04, 2023
Righthussle:

Breathe... Just breathe!

Religious groups are not reason for the increasing cultism in schools!

The failure of the schools to look inwards and fish out these cultists caused this!

This was how things went haywire and nearly out of hand till Obasanjo's government had to swing into action back then in 2004 to clamp down on cult activities across the nation!

The measures worked out, normalcy returned to schools... Sadly, like everything else in this nation, things have been allowed to slip through the cracks.

This is one of the fallouts of poor tertiary leadership!

2 Likes

Re: Kegite Group Should Be Banned In Universities After Uniben Student Was Killed by crownprince23: 8:23pm On Apr 04, 2023
The one who posted this is definitely no nothing about kegites
Re: Kegite Group Should Be Banned In Universities After Uniben Student Was Killed by Reelmii: 8:23pm On Apr 04, 2023
See as the guy face scatter shocked..like he was shot in his room
Re: Kegite Group Should Be Banned In Universities After Uniben Student Was Killed by tete7000(m): 8:24pm On Apr 04, 2023
CandyOps:
Club abi Union of drunk fellows association.

Alcohol should be banned in any sane teaching environment. Like .. Nigeria makes it look like it's a rare ability to use your brains and put it to work.

I mean it's common sense!
You don't need to be told that.

Weda or not the members are gang-busters & criminals is even another topic

When you ban everything and control people's life, you don't allow them grow up. Let people decide whether or not to take alcohol by themselves. University is meant to raise adults and not kids.

1 Like

Re: Kegite Group Should Be Banned In Universities After Uniben Student Was Killed by chymeze: 8:25pm On Apr 04, 2023
Very poor write up. When you make something the central point of a topic or title, first start by defining it and giving a brief background about it. A lot of persons reading this don't know what kegite is! You should have laid a background to your discussion by defining what kegite is, so readers can follow your succeeding lines of thought or arguments. But if readers don't know what kegite is, then every other statement or point you make about kegite would ultimately be rubbish. It's good journalism to introduce your topic first before diving into the meat of the discussion rather than assuming that everyone that reads your write up knows what it's all about.

5 Likes

Re: Kegite Group Should Be Banned In Universities After Uniben Student Was Killed by Diddycsbsb: 8:30pm On Apr 04, 2023
I hear say nah NBM throw him overboard and the nigga nah Maphite ,.. But NBM too like problem that's why dey are dieing Nation wide and world wide.. I spite on you fools useless frat..

2 Likes

Re: Kegite Group Should Be Banned In Universities After Uniben Student Was Killed by Angelfrost(m): 8:30pm On Apr 04, 2023
tete7000:

When you ban everything and control people's life, you don't allow them grow up. Let people decide whether or not to take alcohol by themselves. University is meant to raise adults and not kids.

Well, clearly the public universities in Nigeria have lost such control over the adults they claim to be raising!

Just imagine such brutal and heinous crimes within school premises... That means even innocent students and lecturers are not safe!

How soon before cultists take over the schools as was the case prior to President Obasanjo's anti-cult intervention in 2004?!!

Have you forgotten what the unchecked liberties and poor security made our universities become decades ago?!!

Yes, allow liberties, but put laws in place to tame them, or you have anarchy!

2 Likes

Re: Kegite Group Should Be Banned In Universities After Uniben Student Was Killed by LUAN1: 8:33pm On Apr 04, 2023
May your son never resemble your landlord
From December to uganda
Re: Kegite Group Should Be Banned In Universities After Uniben Student Was Killed by Scholar01: 8:34pm On Apr 04, 2023
Hall 3 na my hostel that year chai!

Hello guys, abeg download and rate my games

https://play.google.com/store/apps/developer?id=Valonsoft+Games
Re: Kegite Group Should Be Banned In Universities After Uniben Student Was Killed by arantess: 8:35pm On Apr 04, 2023
Chimezirim121:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yk6Sbxp5c8
I am of the opinion that KEGITE GROUP SHOULD BE BANNED IN UNIVERSITIES and polytechnics. Looking at the way a final year student was shot dead yesterday in the school Hall 3, the murder of KEGITE chief or Mayor is akin to the murder of a cult member, many NIGERIAN students have admitted that many KEGITE GROUP members are cultist who use the KEGITE as shield for their cult activities.
The reason why KEGITE GROUP SHOULD BE BANNED
1) There's no KEGITE GROUP member that graduates with good result
2) There's no social impact from kegite group
3) There's no economic value from kegite group
4) most kegite group members are irresponsible and ill-mannered
5) There's always a stigma of waywardness and lawlessness associated with any kegite group member
6) Kegite group bring alot of distraction from students
7) Kegite group in most Universities and polytechnics is a cult group, no matter how they package it to be
Point 1 is fallacious
I know many 2.1 graduates who were kegites

But I know kegites is a umbrella for most cultists

The chefosis is also rotated amongst the various cults
Re: Kegite Group Should Be Banned In Universities After Uniben Student Was Killed by 9japride(m): 8:37pm On Apr 04, 2023
It's like saying they should ban all religions in the country since most of their members are cultist.

1 Like

Re: Kegite Group Should Be Banned In Universities After Uniben Student Was Killed by LUAN1: 8:38pm On Apr 04, 2023
Kingdollar28:
I'm proudly karid

Kegite can never be associated with cultism
shana me your numenclature
Re: Kegite Group Should Be Banned In Universities After Uniben Student Was Killed by abbey621(m): 8:41pm On Apr 04, 2023
Truth is bitter but Kegites of old differs drastically from modern Kegites. Nowadays 70% of the group belongs to one secret cult or the other, they hardly help one another and the positive benefits remains close to none while the negative benefits continues to increase. In fact nowadays, you're likely to be recruited to one cult group or another if you're a Kegite.
Re: Kegite Group Should Be Banned In Universities After Uniben Student Was Killed by wheezyfukinbaby: 8:46pm On Apr 04, 2023
Honestly speaking, it is disheartening to see or hear youth killing each other in the name of cultism.

What happened in uniben according to my source was a revenge of the axemen against the mafias. That keggite chief was a MF and the Uniben we know is ruled by axemen. The two chiefs killed in that school were rival to the ruler of the school.

My source has it that the axemen stated that all chiefo of Uniben must be an axeman. This will know exist in some campuses.

R.i.p to the dead while the living live rightfully.
#SayNoToCultism

2 Likes

Re: Kegite Group Should Be Banned In Universities After Uniben Student Was Killed by udemzyudex(m): 8:47pm On Apr 04, 2023
I thought they said keggite are peaceful abi cultist don infiltrate the egbe.
Re: Kegite Group Should Be Banned In Universities After Uniben Student Was Killed by dephilosopher: 8:52pm On Apr 04, 2023
I don't knw if the poster av sense or not but I am a proud kegites member and I graduated top of my class in that same UNIBEN so before u open ur mouth or ur fingers to type, be sure not everyone is as dummy as u are

1 Like

Re: Kegite Group Should Be Banned In Universities After Uniben Student Was Killed by flexyrule(m): 8:54pm On Apr 04, 2023
CandyOps:

Unionism is vital because no opposition is worse.
So because say FGN dey corrupt make we cancel the whole FG? The SUG is a reflection of our public office holder. Everything na thuggery no manner of finesse around it
Going by your argument, so because some members of the Kegite club are cultists, we should support the ban of the club?

1 Like

Re: Kegite Group Should Be Banned In Universities After Uniben Student Was Killed by zoghys: 8:57pm On Apr 04, 2023
Chimezirim121:

I am of the opinion that KEGITE GROUP SHOULD BE BANNED IN UNIVERSITIES and polytechnics. Looking at the way a final year student was shot dead yesterday in the school Hall 3, the murder of KEGITE chief or Mayor is akin to the murder of a cult member, many NIGERIAN students have admitted that many KEGITE GROUP members are cultist who use the KEGITE as shield for their cult activities.
5) There's always a stigma of waywardness and lawlessness associated with any kegite group member
7) Kegite group in most Universities and polytechnics is a cult group, no matter how they package it to be

You are a stupid slowpoke. Your level of idiocy is second to none. Am a proud kegite member and an archival chief of the supremost comradim. Bro, thanks God for my life and I can assume without any iota of doubt that I have kutas and agbangas who have achieved and contribute to the growth of this country. Guys like you should be ban on this platform for such reckless and unreasonable statement to a club which promotes African culture and norms. The fact that we have some bad eggs today doesn't mean we're all the same or will be. We have our problems like every other association, group or club but then we have internal mechanism to deal with that and will surely do.

4 Likes

Re: Kegite Group Should Be Banned In Universities After Uniben Student Was Killed by chccho(m): 9:03pm On Apr 04, 2023
Parents go struggle send Pikin go school to read book, Pikin go leave book go join club/cult!!! As if the problem of living in Nigeria isn't enough, u decide to add more.
RIP to that young man, no human being deserves to die in such inhumane, barbaric manner
Re: Kegite Group Should Be Banned In Universities After Uniben Student Was Killed by Popeonah(m): 9:03pm On Apr 04, 2023
Chimezirim121:

Go and mind your business. Busy body
Re: Kegite Group Should Be Banned In Universities After Uniben Student Was Killed by scobaba: 9:04pm On Apr 04, 2023
Chimezirim121:

I am Karid. Baba I go school well.

Everything na sense. Some guys do church fellowship. Lose focus fail.
Re: Kegite Group Should Be Banned In Universities After Uniben Student Was Killed by deavicky(m): 9:05pm On Apr 04, 2023
CandyOps:

Unionism is vital because no opposition is worse.
So because say FGN dey corrupt make we cancel the whole FG? The SUG is a reflection of our public office holder. Everything na thuggery no manner of finesse around it
meaning having some of their members in cult shouldn't be enough reason to bound them. Those people are usually the supporters club of a school during any competition.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

UNN Students Punished, For Not Wearing Departmental Uniform (Photo) / Federal Polytechnics To Award Bachelor Of Technology (B. TECH) Degrees / Meet Florence Obi, University Of Calabar First Female Vice Chancellor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.