Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,991 members, 7,821,456 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:14 PM

Nairalanders, Pls Is There Anyway That I Can Still Recover This Money Back? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Nairalanders, Pls Is There Anyway That I Can Still Recover This Money Back? (1515 Views)

How Can I Reject This Money From My Aunt / Hidden Life Rules That I Learned Too Late In Life / I Told My Husband That I Cheated On Him. Now He Wants A Divorce. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nairalanders, Pls Is There Anyway That I Can Still Recover This Money Back? by pstemma1990: 12:14pm On Apr 04, 2023
Good day to all, hope we are all doing well?.

I'll just go straight to the point..

Last year's April, a guy approached me, a church member, he told me about forex trading, I didn't know much about it... But after asking him some questions, he said I'll be getting at least 25 percent profit of any invested amount...

I also asked him about the possibilities of one losing the money, he said it's very slim, that he has a policy of giving u back 50 percent of ur capital incase of loss..

So I invested some money (212,500) he only remitted something the first month, which was May last year, the following month, stories started...

From one lie to another, I.e, he wants to switch to a bigger account, he lost part of the money, I have been following him gently since then..

The profit I did not see, oya return my capital, another story, he said he can only withdraw after 6 months, I waited, he later said that he lost the money, that he's going to pay back 50 percent interest..

October last year he messaged me that he'll start paying by November, 20k each month, from then till now I didn't hear anything..

Early this year, he said he's going for his NYSC, that he'll be remitting the 20k from his allowance... Only for him to call me again that he's having some challenges, that I should give him more time..

I called him out on Facebook, he's asking me to go and delete the post, that if not he won't pay me...

Note, I reported him to the church admin, he confirmed everything, and also agreed to pay, but he didn't keep to the agreement.. So the church asked me to recover my money anyway I dimed fit..

Sorry for the long read and also typographical errors.

2 Likes

Re: Nairalanders, Pls Is There Anyway That I Can Still Recover This Money Back? by pstemma1990: 12:22pm On Apr 04, 2023
His message last year

Re: Nairalanders, Pls Is There Anyway That I Can Still Recover This Money Back? by pstemma1990: 12:24pm On Apr 04, 2023
His message after calling him out today

Re: Nairalanders, Pls Is There Anyway That I Can Still Recover This Money Back? by Ahmed0336(m): 12:51pm On Apr 04, 2023
Bro you have all the exibit needed to lock this scammer up.

2 Likes

Re: Nairalanders, Pls Is There Anyway That I Can Still Recover This Money Back? by oazeez1991(m): 12:54pm On Apr 04, 2023
Bros, ur mata get as e be o.
Shey no be same u kom NL kon complaint last year ontop pesin wey u borrow money tk invest 4 Charcoal business, but later dey dribble u? U sey u don learn ur lesson 4rm d thread.
Now again, u carry money go invest ontop anoda pesin hustle. E be like sey u no dey gree learn 4rm ur mistake abi na format u just dey throw sef.

P.S: Unless no be u get dat moniker sha

4 Likes

Re: Nairalanders, Pls Is There Anyway That I Can Still Recover This Money Back? by pstemma1990: 1:05pm On Apr 04, 2023
oazeez1991:
Bros, ur mata get as e be o.
Shey no be same u kom NL kon complaint last year ontop pesin wey u borrow money tk invest 4 Charcoal business, but later dey dribble u? U sey u don learn ur lesson 4rm d thread.
Now again, u carry money go invest ontop anoda pesin hustle. E be like sey u no dey gree learn 4rm ur mistake abi na format u just dey throw sef.

P.S: Unless no be u get dat moniker sha
read the post well, this one happened before the charcoal own.. Thanks.. This very one as I said in the post, is already 1 full year..
The charcoal guy happened September last year...

As for it being a format, I don't have much to say on that, I'm matured more than some things, u saw the names, the phone number and pictures of the person involved..

Even the last guy came here to give another version, but later ran away when he couldn't answer some questions..

This was one of the numerous mistakes that I made last year, I've learnt my lessons.. I'm only asking if there's a way I can get my money back, that's all.
Re: Nairalanders, Pls Is There Anyway That I Can Still Recover This Money Back? by oazeez1991(m): 1:26pm On Apr 04, 2023
pstemma1990:
read the post well, this one happened before the charcoal own.. Thanks.. This very one as I said in the post, is already 1 full year..
The charcoal guy happened September last year...

As for it being a format, I don't have much to say on that, I'm matured more than some things, u saw the names, the phone number and pictures of the person involved..

Even the last guy came here to give another version, but later ran away when he couldn't answer some questions..

This was one of the numerous mistakes that I made last year, I've learnt my lessons.. I'm only asking if there's a way I can get my money back, that's all.

4rm dis ya reply, e show sey, u be same guy on both cases, but as I talk am b4, u supoz don learn 4rm one nd avoid d oda. Even if na dis one 1st hapun, u supoz don learn 4rm am, so d oda one sef no go fit hapun.
No be sey I dey blame u o, as e fit hapun 2 anybody, I just bliv sey, once bitten, twice shy. Fire no supoz burn pesin 2X.

2 Likes

Re: Nairalanders, Pls Is There Anyway That I Can Still Recover This Money Back? by pstemma1990: 1:43pm On Apr 04, 2023
oazeez1991:

4rm dis ya reply, e show sey, u be same guy on both cases, but as I talk am b4, u supoz don learn 4rm one nd avoid d oda. Even if na dis one 1st hapun, u supoz don learn 4rm am, so d oda one sef no go fit hapun.
No be sey I dey blame u o, as e fit hapun 2 anybody, I just bliv sey, once bitten, twice shy. Fire no supoz burn pesin 2X.
Thanks, I understand, I'm not asking u to believe me, I've posted it on Facebook, and people that knows him are already commenting, can even post it here to clear ur doubts.. U can see the name I used in saving his number, that's his Facebook number..

Abi u no wan make I reply u in the first..

Like I said, I made some mistakes last year, it affected me...

Now let me put in to u in a more clearer way... By the time I had that business with the charcoal guy last year, me and this guy were still seeing everyday, we were attending the same church and the same Bible school...

He only asked me to give him time which I did... So it's not as if me and him had issues already before the other person came into the picture.
Re: Nairalanders, Pls Is There Anyway That I Can Still Recover This Money Back? by pstemma1990: 1:49pm On Apr 04, 2023
All I'm asking for if there's a way I can get the money back, I don't know if there's anything the police can do about it.

Re: Nairalanders, Pls Is There Anyway That I Can Still Recover This Money Back? by Neverlookback: 1:55pm On Apr 04, 2023
You do realize that money in Forex trading, just like in stock market, is not guaranteed by anyone or institution. It is not like money you deposited in a bank. It is possible to lose everything you invested.

If this individual can prove that he used the money to trade in forex, can show the losses, there's really nothing you can do about it.

You took a risk. Unfortunately, it didn't pay off. Greed is sometimes good, but blind greed is disastrous.

Learn from this for your future investment endeavors.

2 Likes

Re: Nairalanders, Pls Is There Anyway That I Can Still Recover This Money Back? by pstemma1990: 2:03pm On Apr 04, 2023
Neverlookback:
You do realize that money in Forex trading, just like in stock market, is not guaranteed by anyone or institution. It is not like money you deposited in a bank. It is possible to lose everything you invested.

If this individual can prove that he used the money to trade in forex, can show the losses, there's really nothing you can do about it.

You took a risk. Unfortunately, it didn't pay off. Greed is sometimes good, but blind greed is disastrous.

Learn from this for your future investment endeavors.
Thanks sir, but he said he has a policy of returning 50 percent capital in case if there's a loss...

I still saved the chat till date, I even agreed to collect the 50 percent, but it has been from one story to another, since October last year that he agreed to be sending 20k every month, he hasn't sent anything...

Don't know if the police can attend to such case, that's why I'm bringing it up here.. One or 2 persons might have had a similar experience in the past... The guy is currently doing his service at the moment, so he has relocated and he's no longer coming to our church.
Re: Nairalanders, Pls Is There Anyway That I Can Still Recover This Money Back? by pstemma1990: 2:08pm On Apr 04, 2023
Like I said earlier, it didn't happen today, it's already up to a year that it happened..

I've already learnt some lessons... But the lesson learnt cannot solve some of the challenges that I'm having at the moment...

That's why I'm trying to see if there's anything I can do about it... Thanks everyone for ur response.
Re: Nairalanders, Pls Is There Anyway That I Can Still Recover This Money Back? by sisisioge: 2:10pm On Apr 04, 2023
My dear OP....you be serial bad investor sha. Na real wa o. To answer your question, look into selling the debt to anyone interested in buying for collection. That's what most of this loan apps do. They sell their bad debts to collection agents at a fraction of the worth. At all at all na winch market fa.

Hopefully, this is your year of wise fresh starts.

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders, Pls Is There Anyway That I Can Still Recover This Money Back? by pstemma1990: 2:16pm On Apr 04, 2023
sisisioge:
My dear OP....you be serial bad investor sha. Na real wa o. To answer your question, look into selling the debt to anyone interested in buying for collection. That's what most of this loan apps do. They sell their bad debts to collection agents at a fraction of the worth. At all at all na winch market fa.

Hopefully, this is your year of wise fresh starts.
Thanks ma, I'm a bad investor, no doubt about that, I accept all the blame... I've already learnt my lessons, and God will see me through..

At first I didn't want to speak out, but I'm under some pressure at the moment, I even agreed to take half of the money, but he's still lying, that's why I had to call him out...

Wether he pays or not, life continues... It's one of those things.... Once again thanks..
Re: Nairalanders, Pls Is There Anyway That I Can Still Recover This Money Back? by pstemma1990: 3:40pm On Apr 04, 2023
Thanks everyone, with the look of things, that money is gone, 2 persons have chatted me up, one said he gave him 300k another person 150k since last year, that it has been from one story to another..
Re: Nairalanders, Pls Is There Anyway That I Can Still Recover This Money Back? by StPete: 4:19pm On Apr 04, 2023
U cannot afford to allow him leave like that without getting punishment for his dubious act especially since he has done it to more than 1 person which shows that it is a trend. Get him arrested and badly dealt with

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders, Pls Is There Anyway That I Can Still Recover This Money Back? by worry357: 4:39pm On Apr 04, 2023
Pay som area bois to collect for you.
You might not get everything back but you will have the satisfaction that he is suffering as well.
Police will just rob you even more.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nairalanders, Pls Is There Anyway That I Can Still Recover This Money Back? by pansophist(m): 4:46pm On Apr 04, 2023
Long or short answer, which one do you want?

Short answer: capital NO. And the antidote to not suffer uselessly next time is this. Don't be stupid.

Long answer; you'll have to quote me for that, and I'll give reasons why I think your money is gone.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nairalanders, Pls Is There Anyway That I Can Still Recover This Money Back? by Almaigaa: 5:09pm On Apr 04, 2023
pstemma1990:
Thanks everyone, with the look of things, that money is gone, 2 persons have chatted me up, one said he gave him 300k another person 150k since last year, that it has been from one story to another..

Do not believe those guys that chat you up. It might be a plan work between the scammer and those guys that chatted you. I will advice you report him to the Police. At all at all, Police will share the money with you after recovery.

If you have a Police friend, ask him to advice you on the beat way to retrieve your money from the scammers.

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders, Pls Is There Anyway That I Can Still Recover This Money Back? by pstemma1990: 5:12pm On Apr 04, 2023
Almaigaa:

Do not believe those guys that chat you up. It might be a plan work between the scammers and those guys that chatted you. I will advice you report him to the Police. At all at all, Police will share the money with you.

If you have a Police friend, ask him to advice you on the beat way to retrieve your money from the scammers.
Thanks. The people that chatted me up was actually on whatsaap, one is even a friend of mine..

Re: Nairalanders, Pls Is There Anyway That I Can Still Recover This Money Back? by Almaigaa: 5:17pm On Apr 04, 2023
pstemma1990:
Thanks. The people that chatted me up was actually on whatsaap, one is even a friend of mine..

Involve Police. He will be made to write an undertaking on the mode of refund. No loose guard the next time you set your eyes on him.

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders, Pls Is There Anyway That I Can Still Recover This Money Back? by Caaz: 5:33pm On Apr 04, 2023
Emma your mata taya me.from one problem to the other.

Cc:
Sisisioge.

2 Likes

Re: Nairalanders, Pls Is There Anyway That I Can Still Recover This Money Back? by pstemma1990: 5:34pm On Apr 04, 2023
Almaigaa:

Involve Police. He will be made to write an undertaking on the mode of refund. No loose guard the next time you set your eyes on him.
Thanks a lot.. I've already contacted a police friend.. He said once I see him, I should hold him and give him a call.
Re: Nairalanders, Pls Is There Anyway That I Can Still Recover This Money Back? by Caaz: 5:35pm On Apr 04, 2023
From what we have bn able to gather from your numerous ordeals.
You're like me(kind hearted)but peeps always take advantage of us.

Anyways I have learnt to be a lil bit wicked Sha,some peeps like to hawk on people's generosity.

May God be with you.

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders, Pls Is There Anyway That I Can Still Recover This Money Back? by pstemma1990: 5:37pm On Apr 04, 2023
Caaz:
Emma your mata taya me.from one problem to the other.

Cc:
Sisisioge.
it well with me ma, I've already learnt my lessons.. Just that it hasn't been easy with me at the moment.. I have some debt that I'm trying to offset, that's why I'm even calling them out.
Re: Nairalanders, Pls Is There Anyway That I Can Still Recover This Money Back? by Caaz: 5:38pm On Apr 04, 2023
pstemma1990:
it well with me ma, I've already learnt my lessons.. Just that it hasn't been easy with me at the moment.. I have some debt that I'm trying to offset, that's why I'm even calling them out.
I know... sisisioge told me.
It's well with you Sha.

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders, Pls Is There Anyway That I Can Still Recover This Money Back? by pstemma1990: 5:42pm On Apr 04, 2023
Caaz:
From what we have bn able to gather from your numerous ordeals.
You're like me(kind hearted)but peeps always take advantage of us.

Anyways I have learnt to be a lil bit wicked Sha,some peeps like to hawk on people's generosity.

May God be with you.
Thanks ma, most people here feels I'm just foolish, I've been helped by strangers, all my life 90 percent of people that have helped me are people I don't know from anywhere....

Even the rent issue that I'm having, I just spoke to a friend, he gave me a room and palor to be staying without paying anything....

There are still good people, just that i hardly meet them... I'll try my best not to easily trust anyone again...

My only problem now is just the loan app something, the intrest is climbing every day.
Re: Nairalanders, Pls Is There Anyway That I Can Still Recover This Money Back? by Caaz: 5:49pm On Apr 04, 2023
pstemma1990:
Thanks ma, most people here feels I'm just foolish, I've been helped by strangers, all my life 90 percent of people that have helped me are people I don't know from anywhere....

Even the rent issue that I'm having, I just spoke to a friend, he gave me a room and palor to be staying without paying anything....

There are still good people, just that i hardly meet them... I'll try my best not to easily trust anyone again...

My only problem now is just the loan app something, the intrest is climbing every day.
Which loan app?
You took money from loan apps?
Re: Nairalanders, Pls Is There Anyway That I Can Still Recover This Money Back? by nicerod(m): 5:58pm On Apr 04, 2023
grin grin

Samuel dey use u play o

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders, Pls Is There Anyway That I Can Still Recover This Money Back? by pstemma1990: 5:59pm On Apr 04, 2023
Caaz:

Which loan app?
You took money from loan apps?
Yeah, it's a long story, Sisisioge is actually aware of how that problem started.... Borrowed money and gave to someone for business, that was last year's September, he ran away with the money...

I sold some things to pay part of the money... But it wasn't enough, unfortunately the guy that gave us the money lost his wife during childbirth on the 31st of January this year...

So he was calling me every day, at some point it almost became an issue, so I borrowed money from a loan app to send to him... Hoping that this particular guy will pay...

At the end of the day he didn't pay... The loan is due, I don't want to borrow again to pay debt, I currently put up few things to sell, but haven't seen buyers.. All these things were what even led me to call out the guy...

Thursday last week, he told me that he'll send the money on Friday, on Friday he said he was busy, that his account has problem, that I should wait till Monday, on Monday he said he got to the bank late, and today he said something just came up that I should give him till next week..

The loan app is adding additional 2,200 as intrest every single day.
Re: Nairalanders, Pls Is There Anyway That I Can Still Recover This Money Back? by Caaz: 6:02pm On Apr 04, 2023
pstemma1990:
Yeah, it's a long story, Sisisioge is actually aware of how that problem started.... Borrowed money and gave to someone for business, that was last year's September, he ran away with the money...

I sold some things to pay part of the money... But it wasn't enough, unfortunately the guy that gave us the money lost his wife during childbirth on the 31st of January this year...

So he was calling me every day, at some point it almost became an issue, so I borrowed money from a loan app to send to him... Hoping that this particular guy will pay...

At the end of the day he didn't pay... The loan is due, I don't want to borrow again to pay debt, I currently put up few things to sell, but haven't seen buyers.. All these things were what even led me to call out the guy...

Thursday last week, he told me that he'll send the money on Friday, on Friday he said he was busy, that his account has problem, that I should wait till Monday, on Monday he said he got to the bank late, and today he said something just came up that I should give him till next week..

The loan app is adding additional 2,200 as intrest every single day.
Emma I m speechless.
Only you going thru all these multiple lacuna.

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders, Pls Is There Anyway That I Can Still Recover This Money Back? by pstemma1990: 6:05pm On Apr 04, 2023
Caaz:

Emma I m speechless.
Only you going thru all these multiple lacuna.
is well ma, I'll come out of it stronger..

If not the house that someone gave to me, maybe by now I wouldn't even have where to put my head... But it's still part of life experiences..

If Sisisioge is ur friend, thank her on my behalf... She followed up and as well assited..

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Type Of Human Being(woman) Is This? / Hubby And Wife's Sister / When Boys Become Men:10 Mistakes They Make

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.