Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,047 members, 7,810,871 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:27 PM

Nigeria Officially Joins List Of Restricted Countries On Betfair - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nigeria Officially Joins List Of Restricted Countries On Betfair (1679 Views)

My Bank Account Restricted Unjustly / Complete Guide To Correct Score Trading On Betfair / BREAKING: Nigeria Officially Exits Recession, GDP Grew 0.55 In Q2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Officially Joins List Of Restricted Countries On Betfair by EMIOMOADEOYE: 2:17pm On Apr 04, 2023
I receive a shocking mail from Betfair 4 days ago.

It said Betfair will no longer be offering its products to Nigerians.

I can't lie.......this one is a very big blow to me.

Betfair has been responsible for a significant portion of my income and has been coming in on almost complete autopilot.

I wonder what happened. I won't put it past those theiving Nairabet and Bet9ja bookies.

Boys have been cleaning them out with the aid of Betfair.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Officially Joins List Of Restricted Countries On Betfair by Emperormartin(m): 3:22pm On Apr 04, 2023
Perhaps, someone won millions from Nigeria and they withdrew their services for the company to stand
Re: Nigeria Officially Joins List Of Restricted Countries On Betfair by EMIOMOADEOYE: 4:27pm On Apr 04, 2023
Emperormartin:
Perhaps, someone won millions from Nigeria and they withdrew their services for the company to stand

I don't think so.

Betfair is not a bookie. It's an exchange. If someone won millions, it's not coming from Betfair pocket. It's coming from other punters. On top of that, Betfair gets to take a cut from the winnings. So winning does not affect them in any way.

My guess is, one or more of those bookies finally saw that Betfair was a threat to their profits and moved to cut them out.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Officially Joins List Of Restricted Countries On Betfair by wirinet(m): 4:43pm On Apr 04, 2023
Na wa o. I was shocked to log into my betfair account and was informed that I cannot use betfair from a restricted country. This is an account I opened over 10 years ago and have been operating successfully without any problems. I even logged in yesterday.

I use betfair to arbitrage horse and dog racing with bet365. I make a few dollars per day as a source of extra income. Now that income stream is in jeopardy.

I tried logging with windscribe and it went through. I was able to access my account. But I don't know how long that will last. Best to withdraw all cash from my account ASAP.

Na wa o. The walls seems to be closing in on Nigerians from all sides.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Officially Joins List Of Restricted Countries On Betfair by wirinet(m): 4:47pm On Apr 04, 2023
EMIOMOADEOYE:

I don't think so.

Betfair is not a bookie. It's an exchange. If someone won millions, it's not coming from Betfair pocket. It's coming from other punters. On top of that, Betfair gets to take a cut from the winnings. So winning does not affect them in any way.

My guess is, one or more of those bookies finally saw that Betfair was a threat to their profits and moved to cut them out.

I doubt it has to do with someone winning millions. Afterall even if you win billions, it's not betfairs money, they will still collect their commision which is quite exorbitant (that's if it's from the exchange). I suspect its either government regulations or boys have been using the site for scamming.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Officially Joins List Of Restricted Countries On Betfair by jamesversion: 4:47pm On Apr 04, 2023
EMIOMOADEOYE:

I don't think so.

What does an exchange mean or do??

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Officially Joins List Of Restricted Countries On Betfair by wirinet(m): 4:49pm On Apr 04, 2023
jamesversion:

What does an exchange mean or do??
A betting exchange is just like a crypto exchange. You trade bets instead of cryptos. You can buy and sell bets according to the odds you want. You then pay commision on winnings to the exchange.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Officially Joins List Of Restricted Countries On Betfair by EMIOMOADEOYE: 4:54pm On Apr 04, 2023
wirinet:
Na wa o. I was shocked to log into my betfair account and was informed that I cannot use betfair from a restricted country. This is an account I opened over 10 years ago and have been operating successfully without any problems. I even logged in yesterday.

I use betfair to arbitrage horse and dog racing with bet365. I make a few dollars per day as a source of extra income. Now that income stream is in jeopardy.

I tried logging with windscribe and it went through. I was able to access my account. But I don't know how long that will last. Best to withdraw all cash from my account ASAP.

My brother.

So we plenty for this boat.

Omo men. Na so we see am o

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Officially Joins List Of Restricted Countries On Betfair by EMIOMOADEOYE: 4:59pm On Apr 04, 2023
wirinet:

You might need to withdraw your funds fast. From what I read, all accounts created from Nigeria will be deleted.
Re: Nigeria Officially Joins List Of Restricted Countries On Betfair by EMIOMOADEOYE: 5:00pm On Apr 04, 2023
Na to Japa ooo
Re: Nigeria Officially Joins List Of Restricted Countries On Betfair by wirinet(m): 5:01pm On Apr 04, 2023
EMIOMOADEOYE:

My brother.

So we plenty for this boat.

Omo men. Na so we see am o
It's becoming a curse to be a Nigerian.

I hope betfair release a statement on the reason Nigeria Have been included in the list of restricted countries for the first time in its history. I really suspect the APC administration. Their mission is to choke Nigerians to death or submission with one useless policy or another. From banning twitter, to banning rice, to banning crypto to even banning the Naira. I won't be surprised if they were the one that threatened betfair as more Nigerians are learning that the local bookmakers are ripping us off.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Officially Joins List Of Restricted Countries On Betfair by wirinet(m): 5:02pm On Apr 04, 2023
EMIOMOADEOYE:

You might need to withdraw your funds fast. From what I read, all accounts created from Nigeria will be deleted.
Where did you get the info. I have scorched the internet and found nothing. What is their reason for banning Nigerians?
Re: Nigeria Officially Joins List Of Restricted Countries On Betfair by EMIOMOADEOYE: 5:06pm On Apr 04, 2023
wirinet:

Where did you get the info. I have scorched the internet and found nothing. What is their reason for banning Nigerians?

Check your registered email. They must have sent you a mail about 4 days ago. You will see an FAQ link there. It contains all the info.

Comot am jeje now otherwise na customer support matter ẹ go be ó.
Re: Nigeria Officially Joins List Of Restricted Countries On Betfair by wirinet(m): 5:16pm On Apr 04, 2023
EMIOMOADEOYE:

Check your registered email. They must have sent you a mail about 4 days ago. You will see an FAQ link there. It contains all the info.

Comot am jeje now otherwise na customer support matter ẹ go be ó.
Seen the mailed. I missed it. It says all accounts will be closed on the 6th of April.

So watin you suggest person go do now?

Oga Seun, Myndd take note. This is front page material
Re: Nigeria Officially Joins List Of Restricted Countries On Betfair by EMIOMOADEOYE: 5:25pm On Apr 04, 2023
wirinet:

Seen the mailed. I missed it. It says all accounts will be closed on the 6th of April.

There are some ways around it.

Get someone you know who lives there to setup an account in their name for you.

Or we go the underground way....register yourself, with generated kyc docs and hope and pray the system does not notice you.
Re: Nigeria Officially Joins List Of Restricted Countries On Betfair by EMIOMOADEOYE: 5:26pm On Apr 04, 2023
wirinet:

Or we can just chill a bit to see what happens.
Re: Nigeria Officially Joins List Of Restricted Countries On Betfair by jamesversion: 5:30pm On Apr 04, 2023
wirinet:

A betting exchange is just like a crypto exchange. You trade bets instead of cryptos. You can buy and sell bets according to the odds you want. You then pay commision on winnings to the exchange.

Ok. Thanks. Do any other site offer such?
Re: Nigeria Officially Joins List Of Restricted Countries On Betfair by wirinet(m): 5:37pm On Apr 04, 2023
jamesversion:

Ok. Thanks. Do any other site offer such?
Yes. Yes there are other betting exchanges, but no one comes close in terms of liquidity to betfair. Betfair is the pioneer. It will be difficult to get your bets matched at a good odd.
Also most don't allow Nigerians on their exchanges.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Officially Joins List Of Restricted Countries On Betfair by jamesversion: 5:39pm On Apr 04, 2023
wirinet:

Yes. Yes there are other betting exchanges, but no one comes close in terms of liquidity to betfair. Betfair is the pioneer. It will be difficult to get your bets matched at a good odd.
Also most don't allow Nigerians on their exchanges.

I see. I wish they allow Nigerians oh, so that I can also try it.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Officially Joins List Of Restricted Countries On Betfair by wirinet(m): 5:44pm On Apr 04, 2023
jamesversion:

I see. I wish they allow Nigerians oh, so that I can also try it.
Trading successfully on betfair or any exchange is highly technical. You have to learn a lot,not only about financial markets but also the sports you are trading in and the rules governing that particular market. I lots the first $500 I put in betfair when I registered 12 years ago. It's after lots of study and trial and error that I was able to fund a winning formula. I was even banned on bet365 for winning consistently once, thar I had to register another account.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Officially Joins List Of Restricted Countries On Betfair by jamesversion: 6:07pm On Apr 04, 2023
wirinet:

Trading successfully on betfair or any exchange is highly technical. You have to learn a lot,not only about financial markets but also the sports you are trading in and the rules governing that particular market. I lots the first $500 I put in betfair when I registered 12 years ago. It's after lots of study and trial and error that I was able to fund a winning formula. I was even banned on bet365 for winning consistently once, thar I had to register another account.

Is bet365 still open to Nigerians?
Re: Nigeria Officially Joins List Of Restricted Countries On Betfair by Ikaeniyan0: 7:00pm On Apr 04, 2023
jamesversion:

Yes
Re: Nigeria Officially Joins List Of Restricted Countries On Betfair by wirinet(m): 7:04pm On Apr 04, 2023
jamesversion:

Yes. I registered last year with not problems. Just complete their KYC.
Re: Nigeria Officially Joins List Of Restricted Countries On Betfair by jamesversion: 7:45pm On Apr 04, 2023
Ikaeniyan0:
Yes
wirinet:

Yes. I registered last year with not problems. Just complete their KYC.

Thanks. Will check it out.
Re: Nigeria Officially Joins List Of Restricted Countries On Betfair by EMIOMOADEOYE: 8:40pm On Apr 04, 2023
888sport is also another bookie you can check.

But with Betfair gone, there is very little to be done.

Omo! I still cant get my head around it. This is a huge loss
Re: Nigeria Officially Joins List Of Restricted Countries On Betfair by Pennywise2: 9:32pm On Apr 04, 2023
U guys. Should be happy sef.
Anything betting is too unstable.
They did a good service to u.
Re: Nigeria Officially Joins List Of Restricted Countries On Betfair by EMIOMOADEOYE: 9:33pm On Apr 04, 2023
Pennywise2:
U guys. Should be happy sef.
Anything betting is too unstable.
They did a good service to u.

A good service you say?

You have no idea

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Officially Joins List Of Restricted Countries On Betfair by EMIOMOADEOYE: 6:11pm On Apr 05, 2023
wirinet:

Omo...this matter is serious.

They have blocked the site completely.

Something serious must have happened.
Re: Nigeria Officially Joins List Of Restricted Countries On Betfair by EMIOMOADEOYE: 6:13pm On Apr 05, 2023
wirinet:

Omo...this matter is serious.

They have blocked the site completely.

Something serious must have happened.

Anyway, I will just keep all my strategies in an archive. Who knows. There might be a change someday or I finally Japa to UK

That would be something ooo.

I will milk all those bookies for their free bet offers

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Officially Joins List Of Restricted Countries On Betfair by ckay19: 10:27am On Apr 06, 2023
wirinet:

Bro please i will like to learn about this strategy, just need a place i can make few bucks weekly as a student, if you don't mind?
Re: Nigeria Officially Joins List Of Restricted Countries On Betfair by SmartGadgetz: 10:39am On Apr 06, 2023
wirinet:

Can you teach me on this arbitrage bet you spoke about?
Re: Nigeria Officially Joins List Of Restricted Countries On Betfair by SmartGadgetz: 10:41am On Apr 06, 2023
EMIOMOADEOYE:

A good service you say?

You have no idea

Please can you tell us how to make money on betting?

(1) (2) (Reply)

CBN: Forex Reform Hits Highest Single Day Flow In 19 Months / I Want To Start Up A DryCleaning Business / Crude Oil, Ago, Dpk, Pms And Oilwell Available At The Best Prices

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.