Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,362 members, 7,819,308 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:07 PM

LG Chairman Locks Akerodo Market For Being Dirty - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / LG Chairman Locks Akerodo Market For Being Dirty (21965 Views)

Kano State Govt Locks Wellcare Supermarket For Rejecting Old Currency / Nigerian Man Cries Out As Ghana Government Locks His Shop After Showing Document / Shoprite Ilorin Locks Doors As Crowd Stormed Their Store (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: LG Chairman Locks Akerodo Market For Being Dirty by xjiggy: 4:59pm On Apr 04, 2023
Most nairalanders do no read. They just react to headlines with bigotry and insults. The attached photo with narrative was on the front page yet they refuse to read

2 Likes

Re: LG Chairman Locks Akerodo Market For Being Dirty by Funkyswagzz(m): 5:00pm On Apr 04, 2023
hopexter:

I’m from Edo state and we are not as patient as the Yorubas. Igbos are not only ones who bought land in Lagos. I can not go to another man’s land and start misbehaving. The Hausas and Calabars have been in Lagos same time you lot have been but you will never hear any bad news from them because they live peacefully with their host and they bought land too. You people should purge yourselves from this archaic mentality and put an end to this your unnecessary tribal war. undecided

Why are igbos not misbehaving in kano? Or any other place. Why is it that igbos are misbehaving only in lagos?
Re: LG Chairman Locks Akerodo Market For Being Dirty by xjiggy: 5:07pm On Apr 04, 2023
Funkyswagzz:

Why are igbos not misbehaving in kano? Or any other place. Why is it that igbos are misbehaving only in lagos?
like my Benin Brother said, it's because the yorubas are patient people. The Hausas will not give anybody the space to even think it not to talk of voice it that their Land is "No man's Land"

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: LG Chairman Locks Akerodo Market For Being Dirty by adebo119: 5:11pm On Apr 04, 2023
Kenneth4u205:
The traders pay tax to the LG chairman. It is the duty of the LG chairman to employ market cleaners .not the duty of traders to clean market . Rubbish excuse
If every trader does due diligence in making sure that their environments are clean, the entire market would be "clean".
It's not even good for anyone's health trading in such dirty environment daily, many parts in Lagos are very dirty, the drainage systems, canals, markets, bus terminals.
Hopefully government will take responsibility of cleaning the market, and fast too, so that people can move forward with their businesses.
Re: LG Chairman Locks Akerodo Market For Being Dirty by slam7000(m): 5:13pm On Apr 04, 2023
adioolayi:
So, why are a section of the media currying this move as an action against certain tribe...when, as a fact every tribe are in this same market

Is it morally and hygienically right for a market place to be turned into refuse dump site

Locking up market and restricting access to business premises isn’t targeted at igbos but when Obi went to the markets, it was seen as an ethnic politics.
Re: LG Chairman Locks Akerodo Market For Being Dirty by Funkyswagzz(m): 5:13pm On Apr 04, 2023
xjiggy:
like my Benin Brother said, it's because the yorubas patient people. The Hausas will not give anybody the the space to even think it not to talk of voice it.

Does that also mean that igbos are not in benin,, did u chase igbos out from benin? Did northerns chase igbos out of there land. What is the lesson benin people have tought igbos in the past which made them to behave well now. I need you to educate me and stop speaking out of thin air. Are igbos not leaving in ondo, osun, ogun? Why are they not chased out of other state why lagos alone?
Re: LG Chairman Locks Akerodo Market For Being Dirty by hopexter(m): 5:16pm On Apr 04, 2023
Funkyswagzz:

Because they believe Lagos now belongs to them due the calmness of their host or isn’t that why they call Lagos a no man’s land? Can they try that in Hausa or Fulani land? Can another tribe try this nonsense in Igboland?

It was this same misbehaviour they carried to Obigbo in Rivers state that made Wike deal with them and ever since there’s been peace in Rivers. Igbo is not the only tribe in Nigeria, this got to stop.

4 Likes

Re: LG Chairman Locks Akerodo Market For Being Dirty by slam7000(m): 5:18pm On Apr 04, 2023
adebo119:

If every trader does due diligence in making sure that their environments are clean, the entire market would be "clean".
It's not even good for anyone's health trading in such dirty environment daily, many parts in Lagos are very dirty, the drainage systems, canals, markets, bus terminals.
Hopefully government will take responsibility of cleaning the market, and fast too, so that people can move forward with their businesses.

If every trader or business operator there cleans his or her premises, they’ll still need to dispose of the litters and waste properly.

It’s the duty of the government to provide an efficient waste disposal system. Is there any waste management system in place?
Who handles the waste management contract?
Have they provided bins at strategic places? Are there skips in the market place?

You can’t blame traders all the time. They pay taxes and all sorts of levies. Government need to do their job.
Re: LG Chairman Locks Akerodo Market For Being Dirty by Funkyswagzz(m): 5:19pm On Apr 04, 2023
hopexter:

Because they believe Lagos now belongs to them due the calmness of their host or isn’t that why they call Lagos a no man’s land? Can they try that in Hausa or Fulani land? Can another tribe try this nonsense in Igboland?

It was this same misbehaviour they carried to Obigbo in Rivers state that made Wike deal with them and ever since there’s been peace in Rivers. Igbo is not the only tribe in Nigeria, this got to stop.

Oga nobody is claiming lagos. Stop this propaganda its all in your head. Do you know what it means to claim the ownership of a place. It can easily results to fight. Did igbos carry gun to claim lagos? What is wrong with you

1 Like

Re: LG Chairman Locks Akerodo Market For Being Dirty by slam7000(m): 5:20pm On Apr 04, 2023
hopexter:

I’m from Edo state and we are not as patient as the Yorubas. Igbos are not only ones who bought land in Lagos. I can not go to another man’s land and start misbehaving. The Hausas and Calabars have been in Lagos same time you lot have been but you will never hear any bad news from them because they live peacefully with their host and they bought land too. You people should purge yourselves from this archaic mentality and put an end to this your unnecessary tribal war. undecided

I’m what ways have the igbos offended the ‘hosts’.
What have the igbos done to their so called hosts?
Kindly explain.
Re: LG Chairman Locks Akerodo Market For Being Dirty by Larryton(m): 5:22pm On Apr 04, 2023
FalseProphet1:
Why are Igbo leaders silent about this whole issue?

Igbo leaders must be mad, is Lagos Igbo region? They said Igbo's are dirty, the reason being why the market was locked, you are here shouting Igbo leaders

2 Likes

Re: LG Chairman Locks Akerodo Market For Being Dirty by hopexter(m): 5:22pm On Apr 04, 2023
Funkyswagzz:

Oga nobody is claiming lagos. Stop this propaganda its all in your head. Do you know what it means to claim the ownership of a place. It can easily results to fight. Did igbos carry gun to claim lagos? What is wrong with you

Then tell your people to stop calling Lagos a no man’s land just because they bought land in Lagos or do you want to pretend as if you don’t know.

It’s you that have mental issue.

3 Likes

Re: LG Chairman Locks Akerodo Market For Being Dirty by hopexter(m): 5:24pm On Apr 04, 2023
slam7000:

I’m what ways have the igbos offended the ‘hosts’.
What have the igbos done to their so called hosts?
Kindly explain.

Get off my mention you riffraff, explain something to who, you? angry
Re: LG Chairman Locks Akerodo Market For Being Dirty by Germi9: 5:28pm On Apr 04, 2023
Yorubas are too dirty
Re: LG Chairman Locks Akerodo Market For Being Dirty by Funkyswagzz(m): 5:30pm On Apr 04, 2023
hopexter:

Then tell your people to stop calling Lagos a no man’s land just because they bought land in Lagos or do you want to pretend as if you don’t know.

It’s you that have mental issue.

Jesus Christ just listen yourself.. first of all u said we are claiming your land now u said we call lagos no man's land. Is that how to claim someone's land.

Look i clearly understand what is going on here. You are scared igbos are buying alot of properties in lagos and feel threatened by it. Look go England go to united states, you will realise that some part of ther state is clearly occupied by blacks and mostly yorubas and here you are claiming that someone wants to take over your land. Its funny sha
Re: LG Chairman Locks Akerodo Market For Being Dirty by EteBabaagba222(m): 5:31pm On Apr 04, 2023
Mercury12:
Simply to clean their surrounding my people no go hear. Why must a market be dirty in the first place undecided

You even get there time. Most everything be link to Politics? The narrator even saying for no reason. Social media need to be regulated.
Re: LG Chairman Locks Akerodo Market For Being Dirty by zoedew: 5:36pm On Apr 04, 2023
They will pay to keep the place clean. Policy going forward.

1 Like

Re: LG Chairman Locks Akerodo Market For Being Dirty by hopexter(m): 5:41pm On Apr 04, 2023
Funkyswagzz:

Jesus Christ just listen yourself.. first of all u said we are claiming your land now u said we call lagos no man's land. Is that how to claim someone's land.

Look i clearly understand what is going on here. You are scared igbos are buying alot of properties in lagos and feel threatened by it. Look go England go to united states, you will realise that some part of ther state is clearly occupied by blacks and mostly yorubas and here you are claiming that someone wants to take over your land. Its funny sha

Oga take your irrelevance go bush, I tell you say I be Yoruba man? Hypocrite.
Re: LG Chairman Locks Akerodo Market For Being Dirty by lereinter(m): 5:45pm On Apr 04, 2023
kcdendelo:
You see this thing wey Yorubas dey find, they go soon see am...

Is it only igbos that are in the market?
Re: LG Chairman Locks Akerodo Market For Being Dirty by danhans(m): 5:45pm On Apr 04, 2023
Here in Apapa Burma road where you have the Local Government is filled will dirt.
The clear the drainage and can not pack the dirt,So what do we do now ?Do we Lock the local government
Re: LG Chairman Locks Akerodo Market For Being Dirty by Honor10: 5:54pm On Apr 04, 2023
Masterclass32:

Come out and make the expulsion unequivocal. Let's see if they'll not go. Nobody wants to die in Lagos.

Your brothers want to😁😁

2 Likes

Re: LG Chairman Locks Akerodo Market For Being Dirty by Funkyswagzz(m): 5:57pm On Apr 04, 2023
hopexter:

Oga take your irrelevance go bush, I tell you say I be Yoruba man? Hypocrite.

Lol why u dey vex? s it necessary, we are not doing ourselves any good with this hatred
Re: LG Chairman Locks Akerodo Market For Being Dirty by DodadaKoKigbe: 5:57pm On Apr 04, 2023
Shebi u na say na noman's land? cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Re: LG Chairman Locks Akerodo Market For Being Dirty by tiger28: 6:22pm On Apr 04, 2023
masterflowx:

That local government chairman is stylishly taking revenge from Igbo people in that market. Probably, LP won in either Presidential election or Governorship election in that axis during the election.

I'm a Yoruba man but the way Yoruba people are behaving in Lagos is so annoying.

LIAR!!!!
Re: LG Chairman Locks Akerodo Market For Being Dirty by BreconHills(m): 6:48pm On Apr 04, 2023
masterflowx:

What do you mean by "awa"is it a name of person, animal, place or thing?

Eleyi ko ti e gbo ede
Re: LG Chairman Locks Akerodo Market For Being Dirty by GodisFirst: 7:11pm On Apr 04, 2023
I thought there is Commissioner of Dirty and Gutters affairs appointed in Lagos state. where is J. Igbo-kwe.
Re: LG Chairman Locks Akerodo Market For Being Dirty by BossGerald: 7:13pm On Apr 04, 2023
Josegun:
The market is dirty, let the developers mobilize and clean it up nau.
Lagos should please take it easy with this people. Some of them can be very nice.
The most have learned to leave Lagos politics for Yoruba people.

Do yorubas have any dominated market in lagos at all??
Re: LG Chairman Locks Akerodo Market For Being Dirty by Gbajure(m): 7:19pm On Apr 04, 2023
kcdendelo:
You see this thing wey Yorubas dey find, they go soon see am...

Empty hairy-chest beating! Anytime any day Yorubas no be una mate that one village gala hawker will be threatening. And if na wàhálà, ask ur elders about Black Scorpion Akinrinade, Alabi Isama etc

1 Like

Re: LG Chairman Locks Akerodo Market For Being Dirty by Gbajure(m): 7:20pm On Apr 04, 2023
masterflowx:

That local government chairman is stylishly taking revenge from Igbo people in that market. Probably, LP won in either Presidential election or Governorship election in that axis during the election.

I'm a Yoruba man but the way Yoruba people are behaving in Lagos is so annoying.

And so what? We never even start oo, una dey wail.
Re: LG Chairman Locks Akerodo Market For Being Dirty by vannessa7(f): 7:23pm On Apr 04, 2023
Yugoslavia247:
Quite funny.

Which Nigeria market is clean?

Why not lock agege
Mile 2
Mile 12
Oshodi
Ajah
Sangotedo
Vox

Lagos air alone smells?

You want sanitize lagos. Start from meat and beefs market majorly. They smell like shit. I forgot no omo ibo there.

They ooze to high heavens.

Omoh x 10000

This is not an excuse.

Inferiority complex speaking

1 Like

Re: LG Chairman Locks Akerodo Market For Being Dirty by 1ND3S7R4C71BL3: 7:30pm On Apr 04, 2023
Kenneth4u205:
The traders pay tax to the LG chairman. It is the duty of the LG chairman to employ market cleaners .not the duty of traders to clean market . Rubbish excuse

Every waste generator is responsible for the social, financial and enonomic responsibilities of the waste, it is by law if you want to quote me back.

1 Like

Re: LG Chairman Locks Akerodo Market For Being Dirty by vannessa7(f): 7:42pm On Apr 04, 2023
Funkyswagzz:

Because you know that Hausas will treat your fuckups by k.lli.ng you enmass, it has happened before and igbos are well aware they can not mess with them and many other tribes in Nigeria will not take it too, but Yorubas are civilized and laid back, you have all heard the story about afonja in Ilorin so you guys wants to try your luck along that line believing modern day Yoruba will fold their hands and allow you, another good point is the strategic positioning of Lagos by the Atlantic ocean and it's development which igbos covet with all their heart, not knowing they can replicate such development in their region if only they are accommodating like yorubas

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Guide on writing for profit using iwriter. / Risevest’s CEO, Eke Urum, Found Guilty Of Sexual Impropriety And Abuse Of Power / 5 Major Problems We Entrepreneur's Face

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.