Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,058 members, 7,814,642 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:49 PM

My Mother Is Getting Depressed Because Of UNICAL. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / My Mother Is Getting Depressed Because Of UNICAL. (1747 Views)

New Theatre Arts Students Of UNICAL Had Their Induction (Photos) / Induction Ceremony Of UNICAL Theater Art Freshers As They Storm The Road / UNICAL Recalls Professor Cyril Ndifon After Rape Accusation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Mother Is Getting Depressed Because Of UNICAL. by AreaGovo: 3:47pm On Apr 04, 2023
My mother is getting depressed because of UNICAL

I brought the issue here sometime last year https://www.nairaland.com/7401130/unavailability-result-what-chances-sue about UNICAL frustrating my life and making me stranded in life, since then, despite all my efforts put into it, nothing much has been done about it.

It's getting to four years now since we wrote our final papers in 2019. Can somebody please help ask the University of Calabar what is my own offence for keeping me this long without clearing and releasing my result so that I can go and become useful to myself? Upon what are they frustrating my life? Even if there may be result alteration issue in the department, is it everybody that was involved in it? So me that didn't get involved in anyway, why are they punishing me?

As I am typing this, my mother is seriously worried and getting depressed over the situation. Each day she sees me in this situation - 4 years after school I don't make an impressive progress in life as I should, it makes her more depressed.

Please who can come in and intervene for me? I have used all the tools including writing letters, but I'm still where I am.

I need justice please.
Re: My Mother Is Getting Depressed Because Of UNICAL. by meum: 4:16pm On Apr 04, 2023
All those affected in your class can come together and sue the institution.

Sometime ago the same institution was talking about destroying people’s certificates because they don’t have space to keep them as people have refused to come forward & collect them. I just laughed & said could be they’ve not been sued before.

You won’t get justice online. Go to court!

While in court learn one of these tech related courses & make yourself useful while the judicial process grinds slowly but surely. That’s the 9ja we live in

12 Likes

Re: My Mother Is Getting Depressed Because Of UNICAL. by WhisperedNoise: 5:23pm On Apr 04, 2023
So sorry about that.
Normally, I'd have advised you going to court but that's a long journey.

For starters, talk with Twitter influencers who can call out the school. Tag the school handlers, HODs, VC etc. Make a lot of noise online. Gather traction and momentum. I'm not active on Twitter but I think David Hundeyin and other folks can call them out.

You can ask around for the who's who on Twitter.

Please don't take this sitting down. Who knows? You might even see a sympathetic lawyer who will take o your case for free.

3 years is too long for nonsense.

4 Likes

Re: My Mother Is Getting Depressed Because Of UNICAL. by Nobody: 8:09pm On Apr 04, 2023
Someone should support this guy by taking this thread to FP.

But op, if by chance you're in any kind of difficult situation with your HOD or the school management, pls do well to spill it out.

1 Like

Re: My Mother Is Getting Depressed Because Of UNICAL. by Beiii: 8:55pm On Apr 04, 2023
I hope you find a way around it
Re: My Mother Is Getting Depressed Because Of UNICAL. by WantsandMore: 9:08pm On Apr 04, 2023
AreaGovo:

I brought the issue here sometime last year https://www.nairaland.com/7401130/unavailability-result-what-chances-sue about UNICAL frustrating my life and making me stranded in life, since then, despite all my efforts put into it, nothing much has been done about it.

It's getting to four years now since we wrote our final papers in 2019. Can somebody please help ask the University of Calabar what is my own offence for keeping me this long without clearing and releasing my result so that I can go and become useful to myself? Upon what are they frustrating my life? Even if there may be result alteration issue in the department, is it everybody that was involved in it? So me that didn't get involved in anyway, why are they punishing me?

As I am typing this, my mother is seriously worried and getting depressed over the situation. Each day she sees me in this situation - 4 years after school I don't make an impressive progress in life as I should, it makes her more depressed.

Please who can come in and intervene for me? I have used all the tools including writing letters, but I'm still where I am.

I need justice please.
. Have you considered going to see your HoD ,academic officer, student affairs, examiner etc to atleast investigate your case?
Re: My Mother Is Getting Depressed Because Of UNICAL. by bmasz(m): 10:38pm On Apr 04, 2023
Don't disturb yourself,unical rarely reads letter.

I was in your shoe for 3 years, delayed over a lecturers negligence to mark my result.

I raised alarm, wrote letters and got hated.

I was delayed for years. I just had to be strong and learn a skill.

l'll go to court when I no longer need any lecturer to sign a recommendation letter for me.

Just stay strong, you are closer to the end than when you first started
Re: My Mother Is Getting Depressed Because Of UNICAL. by juman(m): 12:43am On Apr 05, 2023
Write to punch newspaper.
The university will respond instantly when the news come out in punch newspaper.
Re: My Mother Is Getting Depressed Because Of UNICAL. by Elementofficial: 1:51am On Apr 05, 2023
AreaGovo:

I need justice please.
Some of these things are spiritual. If you are the type who believes in God and his mighty power of intervention, pls do visit a man of God for prayers.
You shud be in calabar, do visit winners chapel Goldie branch pastor for prayers or email me via elementmejo@gmail.com

1 Like

Re: My Mother Is Getting Depressed Because Of UNICAL. by Pennywise2: 1:53am On Apr 05, 2023
AreaGovo:

I need justice please.
bro . I feel ashamed of you.

Stop hanging around your people daily with the excuse of unical.
I feel ashamed of you.

I may not know you but I'm ashamed.

I have a few questions for you though.

1. Why not forget about this naija certificate?

2. Why not learn a skill like blogging or affiliate marketing that pays.

3. Why let this woman believe that unical is the reason you aren't successful in life?

You mean there is now an acceptable excuse for failure?

4. U are making matters worse by blaming the system.

5. Ur attitude let's me know that u will be a dad or mother that shifts blame and tell his kids why he didn't make it in life.

6. Why not turn the situation around.
Last time I checked, nobody gives a damn if unical passed you . Nobody cares.
Nobody cares about what where u school from.

Nobody cares bro.
But alas, you have relaxed for four years. I pity u.

I don't have any job for you. Even if I do, this attitude of blaming something as a reason why you have not progress is a BIG turn off.

My suggestion
1. Get out of your mother's presence and think fast. Calabar is a good place.
Think of what to do even if u don't have certificate.
2. Learn online skill. For free on YouTube. I can't suggest any because I sense u like to give excuses.

Pity that woman and wipe her tears.
Meanwhile, ur certificate issue can be resolved by prayers to God.

My two cents

3 Likes

Re: My Mother Is Getting Depressed Because Of UNICAL. by juman(m): 2:18am On Apr 05, 2023
Pennywise2:
I feel ashamed of you.
3. Why let this woman believe that unical is the reason you aren't successful in life?
5. Ur attitude let's me know that u will be a dad or mother that shifts blame and tell his kids why he didn't make it in life.

Nobody cares bro.
I don't have any job for you. Even if I do, this attitude of blaming something as a reason why you have not progress is a BIG turn off.

My suggestion
2. Learn online skill. For free on YouTube. I can't suggest any because I sense u like to give excuses.

My two cents

Hmm
You are right.
Miss Trudy on youtube was said was rusticated from university.
She did something else. She has close to four hundred thousands subscribers now. She is doing very well on youtube.
Re: My Mother Is Getting Depressed Because Of UNICAL. by emmy512: 7:52am On Apr 05, 2023
This sounds like department of computer science and the exams officer na would start with an E?

Well if it's computer science as I'm guessing, you are not alone and the issue I'm aware of is that they were some discrepancies in the results of most students who graduated during the tenor of the now removed HOD.

Each time the results are moved to senate it's sent back because of said discrepancies and I believe the new HOD has been trying to sort this out by requesting for special considerations for a lot of students as can be seen on this memo

[b]=== Good news for Students with Problems ===
All Computer Science students in the 2017/2018, 2018/2019 and 2019/2020 sets whose status is either “Probation” or “Withdraw” or “Change Programme” after online registration are to apply for ”Special Consideration Amnesty Examination” to the Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Academic) through the Head of Department. They should list the affected courses in their applications. When in doubt they should urgently contact the Exam Officers (Dr. Paul Bukie and Mr. Sylvester Ele).
The affected students will write the “Special Consideration Amnesty Examination” alongside the forthcoming Supplementary Examinations slated for Tuesday, 11 April 2023.
All applications must reach the Head of Department by the latest 2 pm on Monday, 10 April 2023 to be eligible to write the special examinations.
I have appointed Mrs. Joyce Odey and Mr. Godwin Unyuor in the General Office to receive and process these applications.
Please, treat as most important.
With best wishes,

Iwara Arikpo, Ph.D
HOD, Computer Science[/b]

I'll say more if you confirm it is indeed department of computer science
Re: My Mother Is Getting Depressed Because Of UNICAL. by Knows12(m): 7:53am On Apr 05, 2023
Pennywise2:

I feel ashamed of you.

Nobody cares bro.

My suggestion

My two cents

boss you are genius, you spoke just like my brother.. I had issue in school since 2020 and I have well to do brother who reside in UK, instead for him to help me with the certificate, he asked me to going and learn work, now I'm learning barbering...
He said he want me to have more experience in life, which I'm learning now cus you know know what it takes when a supposed graduated learning barbering.
Re: My Mother Is Getting Depressed Because Of UNICAL. by Pennywise2: 8:28am On Apr 05, 2023
Knows12:
boss you are genius, you spoke just like my brother.. I had issue in school since 2020 and I have well to do brother who reside in UK, instead for him to help me with the certificate, he asked me to going and learn work, now I'm learning barbering...
He said he want me to have more experience in life, which I'm learning now cus you know know what it takes when a supposed graduated learning barbering.
yes . That's better than letting mummy shed tears and thinking you failed because of someone or something.

He needs to know that nobody cares.
Only God cares. As for human being, they are too busy.
Let him kill the excuse. U will see that his brain will think. I know people have been suggesting what to do yet he will be telling them it's unical fault.
Chai. I just weak
Re: My Mother Is Getting Depressed Because Of UNICAL. by ugwumichael(m): 8:37am On Apr 05, 2023
I would advice you write to independent journalist like Sahara reporters and FIJ on Twitter
Re: My Mother Is Getting Depressed Because Of UNICAL. by oshonwambada: 8:57am On Apr 05, 2023
Pennywise2:

I feel ashamed of you.

Nobody cares bro.

My suggestion

My two cents

No one is interested in ur long essay cos u didn't say anything.
Re: My Mother Is Getting Depressed Because Of UNICAL. by matrixmuzi: 12:07pm On Apr 05, 2023
When I hear things like this I try to wonder what God created such human like u. So u have to wait for 4 yrs doing nothing and just waiting for a result u might not even use . Get yourself a skill or go and learn one . Try your hands on Computer programming and get a job or data management . U might never need that certificate. Move on with life one day they will release that result but don’t tell me u are just unproductive because ur result has not been released for 4 yrs then something is terribly wrong with u

(1) (Reply)

Perfect WAEC Result. Let The Boys Breathe!!! / Oou And Lasu : Which Is The Best In Academic / Is It True,there Will Be No Post Utme Screening Exams This Year

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.