Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,578 members, 7,812,877 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:09 PM

DJ Cuppy Donates £100k To African Students At Oxford University - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / DJ Cuppy Donates £100k To African Students At Oxford University (23551 Views)

EFCC Officials Caught Slapping ABU Students At A Private Hostel / Dapo Akande Honoured With A Portrait At Oxford University / Joshua Beckford, Oxford University Youngest Student, Admitted At 6, Graduated 14 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

DJ Cuppy Donates £100k To African Students At Oxford University by TheDemola: 7:15pm On Apr 04, 2023
Today, I’m SO proud to launch the “Cuppy Africa Oxford Fund” 🎓🎀🌍

This £100,000 gift is to support any African graduate student of @UniofOxford 👩🏾‍🎓📚👨🏾‍🎓

Having recently graduated from the University recently myself, this new partnership means a lot to me! 🫱🏽‍🫲🏾🕊️ #CuppyCares

https://twitter.com/cuppymusic/status/1642903117770416129?t=qkJZYdQ-R0Sy0gYgGrbaPg&s=19

NEW: Oxford graduate, philanthropist and global music producer, @cuppymusic (Florence I. 'Cuppy' Otedola), announces £100,000 gift to the @Africa_Oxford initiative to support African Graduate students to 'empower future generations to come'. 👏

https://twitter.com/UniofOxford/status/1642847916283789314?t=mMeIfbU9miKLSFf37I_TaQ&s=19

Florence I. 'Cuppy' Otedola, an internationally successful DJ and music producer, who has recently completed her graduate studies at Oxford, has announced a gift of £100,000 to the Africa Oxford Initiative (AfOx) to support African graduate students at Oxford. 

Cuppy studied at Oxford between 2021 and 2022, successfully undertaking an MSc in African Studies and graduating earlier this year.  She is one of the foremost DJs in Africa and has performed internationally, including at the MTV Africa Music Awards. DJ Cuppy’s philanthropic endeavours include supporting a range of organisations tackling critical issues such as child protection and education for girls and persons with disabilities.  

The Cuppy Africa Oxford Scholars Fund aims to support future leaders from the continent by enabling them to access the necessary skills, resources and networks to maximise their impact across Africa and beyond. It will support African graduate students at the University to meet unexpected and urgent financial needs and undertake activities that will ensure the pursuit of excellence in their graduate studies.  

Cuppy said, ‘I am so proud of this partnership that not only extends my relationship with Oxford University but empowers future generations to come. Having just graduated with a MSc degree in African Studies myself, I saw first-hand the variances in university life experiences for students originating from my continent, Africa. The fundamental role that the Cuppy Fund will play is to narrow resource gaps for those who need it the most so they can fully commit to pursuing the education they deserve. The opportunity to study at Oxford is an accomplishment but one fully realised when you are able to complete your course.’ 

AfOx is a cross-university platform with the vision to make engagement with Africa a strategic priority for Oxford. A core focus of the Initiative is to increase the number of African students pursuing postgraduate degrees at Oxford and ensure that they can thrive and excel before, during and after their time here. 

The new Cuppy Africa Oxford Scholars Fund will offer additional support to the African Graduate Support Fund and enable AfOx to meet the needs of the most vulnerable students, including those with any form of disability and students with caring responsibilities. 

Dr Anne Makena, Co-Director of AfOx, University of Oxford, said, ‘We are absolutely delighted that Cuppy is so generously supporting African graduate students here at Oxford. We both share the experience of being African graduate students at Oxford and it is a great honour for AfOx to partner with Cuppy to address some of the unique challenges that African students might encounter during their time in Oxford. The Cuppy Africa Oxford Scholars Fund will help to ensure that they have access to the best possible support to navigate and succeed at Oxford, and continue on to remarkable careers as champions of development in African countries and globally.’

https://www.ox.ac.uk/news/2023-04-03-dj-cuppy-oxford-graduate-philanthropist-and-global-music-producer-announces-100000

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: DJ Cuppy Donates £100k To African Students At Oxford University by WhisperedNoise: 7:35pm On Apr 04, 2023
That's a nice gesture.

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: DJ Cuppy Donates £100k To African Students At Oxford University by leanonme82: 8:05pm On Apr 04, 2023
Omo-oko Ife! Otedola must be so proud.

Even oxford and BBC World announced it on their twitter pages.

I love that clap that oxford put at the end of their tweet. Correct pikin.

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: DJ Cuppy Donates £100k To African Students At Oxford University by leanonme82: 8:10pm On Apr 04, 2023
'
Its actually a 10-year partnership she has with Oxford Uni. shocked Smart girl that never wastes any opportunity.

1Sharon:
People in Africa need the money more undecided

Hater. You must not know about her cuppyfoundation that helps african kids through save the children. Its not you that will tell her how to help african children. Apart from her monthly commitments to the foundation, she still fundraises for them, even raised N5billion one year like that.

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: DJ Cuppy Donates £100k To African Students At Oxford University by accordadoga(f): 9:39pm On Apr 04, 2023
Father Lord bless me abundantly.

Hard labour no guarantee money.

80 Likes 2 Shares

Re: DJ Cuppy Donates £100k To African Students At Oxford University by Treasure321: 9:40pm On Apr 04, 2023
She tried.

5 Likes

Re: DJ Cuppy Donates £100k To African Students At Oxford University by Reelmii: 9:40pm On Apr 04, 2023
grin..that's nice of her

5 Likes

Re: DJ Cuppy Donates £100k To African Students At Oxford University by Pray5: 9:40pm On Apr 04, 2023
Cuppy is a well brought up girl, kudos to her parents

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: DJ Cuppy Donates £100k To African Students At Oxford University by harkolat(m): 9:40pm On Apr 04, 2023
A commendable gesture

8 Likes

Re: DJ Cuppy Donates £100k To African Students At Oxford University by EngrchidiG25(m): 9:41pm On Apr 04, 2023
Cool

4 Likes

Re: DJ Cuppy Donates £100k To African Students At Oxford University by EMREX02: 9:41pm On Apr 04, 2023
Wehdone! God Almighty Bless you Dj_Cuppy.

6 Likes

Re: DJ Cuppy Donates £100k To African Students At Oxford University by SultanOfPuna: 9:41pm On Apr 04, 2023

100 thousand pounds is 58 million naira shocked

Blood of Zachariah and indabosky

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: DJ Cuppy Donates £100k To African Students At Oxford University by 1Sharon(f): 9:41pm On Apr 04, 2023
People in Africa need the money more undecided

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: DJ Cuppy Donates £100k To African Students At Oxford University by Joyeno082: 9:41pm On Apr 04, 2023
She did well

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: DJ Cuppy Donates £100k To African Students At Oxford University by Ilamina(f): 9:41pm On Apr 04, 2023
The best university in the world

1 Like 1 Share

Re: DJ Cuppy Donates £100k To African Students At Oxford University by Aboguede(m): 9:41pm On Apr 04, 2023
grin

3 Likes

Re: DJ Cuppy Donates £100k To African Students At Oxford University by Hallabee1(m): 9:42pm On Apr 04, 2023
accordadoga:

Aje....

You need beating...yy means what ode
Re: DJ Cuppy Donates £100k To African Students At Oxford University by gentlekay2017: 9:42pm On Apr 04, 2023
God bless her

3 Likes

Re: DJ Cuppy Donates £100k To African Students At Oxford University by MANNABBQGRILLS: 9:42pm On Apr 04, 2023
Good bless Cuppy

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: DJ Cuppy Donates £100k To African Students At Oxford University by DBossNG(m): 9:42pm On Apr 04, 2023
Nice one
Re: DJ Cuppy Donates £100k To African Students At Oxford University by Streetmovement(m): 9:42pm On Apr 04, 2023
Wotoporiously cool speaking

To cuppy this tune press 1 grin

8 Likes

Re: DJ Cuppy Donates £100k To African Students At Oxford University by Mercury12(m): 9:42pm On Apr 04, 2023
Nice one from cuppy. Omo baba olowo

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: DJ Cuppy Donates £100k To African Students At Oxford University by bolademi(m): 9:42pm On Apr 04, 2023
Re: DJ Cuppy Donates £100k To African Students At Oxford University by Blake755: 9:42pm On Apr 04, 2023
accordadoga:

Swears omo too much labor no guarantee too much money 😓😓

6 Likes

Re: DJ Cuppy Donates £100k To African Students At Oxford University by MANNABBQGRILLS: 9:42pm On Apr 04, 2023
Ilamina:
The best university in the world
What was your discipline back then at Oxford darling ?

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: DJ Cuppy Donates £100k To African Students At Oxford University by fnep2smooth(m): 9:43pm On Apr 04, 2023
$1million

2 Likes

Re: DJ Cuppy Donates £100k To African Students At Oxford University by MANNABBQGRILLS: 9:43pm On Apr 04, 2023
Blake755:

Swears omo too much labor no guarantee too much money 😓😓
GBAMSOLUTELY

accordadoga:

Only the Blessings of God maketh rich...

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: DJ Cuppy Donates £100k To African Students At Oxford University by Davies25: 9:43pm On Apr 04, 2023
Wow!
Great gesture. I wish it was tailored particularly for Nigerians.

How much is she worth?

2 Likes

Re: DJ Cuppy Donates £100k To African Students At Oxford University by BESTScientist1: 9:43pm On Apr 04, 2023
we are concerned about the thief in France....I never publicized what I've been doing for Nigerian students for once o

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: DJ Cuppy Donates £100k To African Students At Oxford University by b0rn2fuck(m): 9:43pm On Apr 04, 2023
It is good to be rich ooo. Na suffering Dem dey call vanity upon vanity

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Dilapidated Structure: Edo School Children Kneel To Beg Obaseki For Help (video) / Visa Application: Mistake On Waec Certificate / Joy Adesina: Video Of Abiodun Giving OAU Best Medical Student N5M & A Bungalow

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.