Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,481 members, 7,812,477 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:58 PM

Visa Application: Mistake On Waec Certificate - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Visa Application: Mistake On Waec Certificate (23556 Views)

Correction Of Date Of Birth On Waec Certificate. Help!!! / Misspelt Name On WAEC Result - Help / How Do I Get The Original Waec Certificate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Visa Application: Mistake On Waec Certificate by Fawumi: 11:29am On Jan 23, 2010
Hello house. Please there is a mistake about my date of birth on my WAEC cert. and I will need it to apply for UK study permit in June/July. What do you think I can do. How long does it take WAEC to correct a mistake on certificate
Re: Visa Application: Mistake On Waec Certificate by johnjets: 9:34am On Jan 25, 2010
no idea man
Re: Visa Application: Mistake On Waec Certificate by aieromon(m): 2:21pm On Jan 25, 2010
Mehn,you should have corrected this a long time ago.the process takes as short as 3months and as long as 6months(if examination is in progress).
Go to your school and collect a referral letter which you will use to apply for the certificate change.Attach photocopy of birth certificate as well as defective WAEC certificate,and submit at WAEC,Ogba,Lagos.
It costs a charge of N5,000.
Aint no way the British embassy is gonna accept documents with conflicting DOB's.Even a typographical error in your full names is enough to disqualify you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Visa Application: Mistake On Waec Certificate by JagaJaga1: 1:03pm On Jan 26, 2010
Why don't you just make a new passport corresponding to the DOB on your waec certificate. Don't bother about you celebrating your birthdays, ask Nigerian footballers how they cope with that

1 Like

Re: Visa Application: Mistake On Waec Certificate by ehizmac: 2:14pm On Jan 26, 2010
i also intend to apply for uk visa but my neco result has a typographical error in my surname wat do i do, pls i need help
Re: Visa Application: Mistake On Waec Certificate by Fawumi: 5:52pm On Jan 29, 2010
@ aieromon Thanks a million 4 dat contribution. What If I swear an affidavit to support my WAEC cert for my visa application, is it acceptable?
Re: Visa Application: Mistake On Waec Certificate by likeithot(f): 10:00pm On Jan 29, 2010
@poster: i advice u to just start immediately.
i also had the same problem, thot i could attach an affidavit until i wanted to apply for students visa last year.

if u wanna make september start dis yr, i advice u to go to your school, get a letter to that effect, go to WAEC office wit N5000, the letter from ur school and your original birth certificate.

i'll advice u to also get a photocopy of the school photo album where ur picture is and get the principal to certify it as true copy, if possible, scan and save on a flash cos WAEC will tell u they dont have your picture on their system again, It happened to me, i have submitted all these things since June last year, i now got a call again that they dont av my pix on their system so i had to go to my sec skool early this january.

all the best o, and God's favor cos its a veryyyy looooooonnnnnnggggggg process.

2 Likes

Re: Visa Application: Mistake On Waec Certificate by aieromon(m): 10:27am On Jan 30, 2010
@likeithot
Thanks for your contribution.
Re: Visa Application: Mistake On Waec Certificate by Fawumi: 3:35pm On Jan 30, 2010
@likeithot
Thanks for your contribution. It will go a long way in helping me. Best of lucks for the proceesing of ur cert. too. Its been a nice time.
Re: Visa Application: Mistake On Waec Certificate by Ife007(m): 8:15pm On Jan 30, 2010
Please Wait a minute!

What if its impossible to locate the old passport, the one taken in School Uniform.
Re: Visa Application: Mistake On Waec Certificate by Kommon(m): 11:00am On Mar 31, 2010
@likeithot i also have d same problem.my question is have u collected your certificate now and how many months did you wait before collecting it.
Re: Visa Application: Mistake On Waec Certificate by bleso96: 8:43pm On Feb 13, 2013
I also have the same problem. My date of birth is not correct. Can I change it without collecting referral letter from my school. Because I want apply for UK permit
Re: Visa Application: Mistake On Waec Certificate by ahmedonia4real(m): 12:16pm On Jun 05, 2013
Re: Visa Application: Mistake On Waec Certificate by versatile054: 2:45pm On Sep 03, 2014
@likeithot, havee u finally collected the cert. n hw long did it take waec to process the new one? n again ,is it in all cases they will call for the passport photo?
Re: Visa Application: Mistake On Waec Certificate by Jefa4real: 11:01am On Feb 05, 2016
@ahmedonia. Please the referral letter work for you? Kindly respond soon.
Re: Visa Application: Mistake On Waec Certificate by teekay213(m): 4:18pm On May 25, 2016
aieromon:
Mehn,you should have corrected this a long time ago.the process takes as short as 3months and as long as 6months(if examination is in progress).
Go to your school and collect a referral letter which you will use to apply for the certificate change.Attach photocopy of birth certificate as well as defective WAEC certificate,and submit at WAEC,Ogba,Lagos.
It costs a charge of N5,000.
Aint no way the British embassy is gonna accept documents with conflicting DOB's.Even a typographical error in your full names is enough to disqualify you.
hi,am having the same problem cos i want to apply for uk student visa in two months.is there any alternative?
Re: Visa Application: Mistake On Waec Certificate by aieromon(m): 7:10pm On May 25, 2016
teekay213:
hi,am having the same problem cos i want to apply for uk student visa in two months.is there any alternative?

WAEC has stopped issuance of new certificates as a result of entry errors.

The best they can do is provide you with a letter notifying the public of the mistake and the correct entry.
Re: Visa Application: Mistake On Waec Certificate by teekay213(m): 9:02pm On May 25, 2016
aieromon:

WAEC has stopped issuance of new certificates as a result of entry errors.

The best they can do is provide you with a letter notifying the public of the mistake and the correct entry.
thanks for the reply,where can i get and how do i go about the notification letter?
Re: Visa Application: Mistake On Waec Certificate by aieromon(m): 9:05pm On May 25, 2016
teekay213:
thanks for the reply,where can i get and how do i go about the notification letter?

Go to any state WAEC office,they will guide you better.
Re: Visa Application: Mistake On Waec Certificate by teekay213(m): 2:08pm On Jun 26, 2016
ahmedonia4real:
Hello every one,
I also have a problem on my waec certificate I jst collected it frm the school where I wrote the exam in year 2003 & I found out there was a mistake on my DOB & someone told me I can jst collect a letter from my school dat dey made the mistake & dey have notify waec abt it dat it will be accepted @ the embassy can dis be true?
did it work?i have the same problem with my dob.is necessary i use weac certificate why can i use statement of result or print out from website which doesn't include the date of birth?
Re: Visa Application: Mistake On Waec Certificate by jefferyemereni: 12:57pm On Feb 08, 2017
There is a solution. My cousin had the same problem 2years ago and is in Malaysia now. Call me on 08148651280 I'll give you directions
Re: Visa Application: Mistake On Waec Certificate by kingdejy: 1:47pm On Feb 08, 2017
Study Medicine and Nursing in the University of Health Science Antigua.
Doctor of Medicine and Bachelor of Nursing.
Hospital affiliate in USA, CANADA, CHINA, UK & INDIA. For more info contact,
Finl Education, the sole student recruiter in Nigeria.
08038298639‎, ‎08060027626, 08023335850‎. Or visit the university site www.uhsa.ag
May 2017 admission is in progress.
Re: Visa Application: Mistake On Waec Certificate by princeoyemade: 5:13am On Aug 18, 2017
please for correction on DoB on WAEC certificate, which kind of birth certificate needed. Pls help or national population certificate could be use for this purpose.
Re: Visa Application: Mistake On Waec Certificate by demulepaul: 10:40am On Aug 07, 2018
wink wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Dilapidated Structure: Edo School Children Kneel To Beg Obaseki For Help (video) / Joy Adesina: Video Of Abiodun Giving OAU Best Medical Student N5M & A Bungalow / Teacher Arraigned For Flogging Female Student

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.