Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,190 members, 7,815,145 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:11 AM

Nigeria More Divided Than Civil War Era – Sanusi - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria More Divided Than Civil War Era – Sanusi (18500 Views)

Emir Of Daura, Umar: Insecurity Now Worse Than Civil War / Nigeria More Divided Than During Civil War — Obasanjo / Uche Secondus: More Nigerians Killed Under Apc’s Watch Than Civil War (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria More Divided Than Civil War Era – Sanusi by tuoyoojo(m): 11:12am On Apr 05, 2023
Frigga13:
When they Yoruba Apc are busy Turing everything to religious war all in bid to solicit friendship with the Muslim north..

When the Yoruba Apc are busy calling a party an Igbo party IPOB party.. trying hard to divide Nigerians along ethnic lines .. na only igbos give Labour Party over 6 million votes and 12 states

When the Yoruba are fighting hard to propagate a Muslim Muslim ticket and presidency even in the mist of chaos and intolerance, distrust and killings around the country .. just for their dead ambition?

When the Yoruba Apc is busy fighting hard for the international community to legalize illegality.. and yet ignored daily by the international community because of the obvious

When the Yoruba Apc is propagating heavy lies .. just to impose a drug baron and ex convict on Nigerians .. with checking the consequences and knowing the consequences

Why won’t Nigeria divide ..when some people are beating hard the drums of war just to spite a due process ..

No one is decieved..

Not even the people they see as messiah’s..

I am extremely happy that this window period happened so that those who had supported BAT would come out and show their true colors

They started a fight and are trying hard to change the narrative

I don't know why people are trying to the sanctimonious and behave like we are not already in a religious battle

Who carried out the owo massacre. Who where does arrested. Were they Christains?

Who has been slaughtering people like suya in their farm lands. Are they christains

If tinubu won, why is he still campaigning

I am happy with how the north just fold hand and cross leg they look south west while they exhibited their unfettered tribalism

They are looking forward to the same prayers, that was prayed against buhari for osibanjo.....tinubu is a placeholder

When the north would turn against them, they would have no one to fall back to

1 Like

Re: Nigeria More Divided Than Civil War Era – Sanusi by Jones4190(m): 11:13am On Apr 05, 2023
zanebaddo:
I heard you were not aware that fulani herdsmen attacked your village in ogun yesterday. You were not also aware they attacked your maternal village in Owo, Ondo last year. I heard they are coming to attack Ekiti soon and you are not also aware. May you never be aware isha Allah
I'm not from Ogun state, I'm Nigeria
Re: Nigeria More Divided Than Civil War Era – Sanusi by Jones4190(m): 11:14am On Apr 05, 2023
Oboys12:
Arrest Obi and make a Mandela of him

Nigeria won't recover from what will happen

another chest beating
Re: Nigeria More Divided Than Civil War Era – Sanusi by splashbaby(m): 11:15am On Apr 05, 2023
incandescentena:
Amir Sanisi, What have you done to speak the truth about the Muslim- muslim tickets before now? Did you enlighten your people for the need of Unity in diversity?

These crop of political leaders today are selfish and too desperate.
Na Muslim Muslim ticket be your problem? what have you gained from Muslim-Pastor tickets. You are all just been paranoid…kvetching slowpoke
Re: Nigeria More Divided Than Civil War Era – Sanusi by Jones4190(m): 11:15am On Apr 05, 2023
Iamzik:

Go and arrest him
He is not above the law
Re: Nigeria More Divided Than Civil War Era – Sanusi by Jones4190(m): 11:16am On Apr 05, 2023
Jostoman:
Peter Obi is not ready for your religion strategy against him, you think the northerners dont know that your BAT is a cunning man or is it Peter Obi that force MC Oluomo to tweet before election that yoruba people should join hands together to vote for Tinubu so that they can chase Fulani away?
BAT is 100% better that obi, that is why Nigeria prefer him
Re: Nigeria More Divided Than Civil War Era – Sanusi by splashbaby(m): 11:16am On Apr 05, 2023
Oboys12:
Arrest Obi and make a Mandela of him

Nigeria won't recover from what will happen

Nothing go happen, Nnamdi Kanu dey jail and na only sit at home una fit do… kvetching lunatics.
Re: Nigeria More Divided Than Civil War Era – Sanusi by agadez007(m): 11:25am On Apr 05, 2023
Jostoman:
God bless you.
you welcome

1 Like

Re: Nigeria More Divided Than Civil War Era – Sanusi by Image123(m): 11:31am On Apr 05, 2023
MrAgbakoReloade:
Here are the people responsible

1 Bubu ( Nepotism)

2 Pandoraa Obi ( This moderfvker actually came to make it worse dividing Nigerians along both religion and ethnic tribe)

You are very correct, i was about typing exactly this.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria More Divided Than Civil War Era – Sanusi by Image123(m): 11:38am On Apr 05, 2023
Racoon:
These sanctimonious pretenders will always be the hypocrites while perpetuating the grand agenda of religion. The Bola Tinubu-Shettima Muslim-Muslim ticket, the Islamic cleric that said "the muslim-muslim ticket is a call to Islamic jihad, the killing of Deborah Samuel in Sokoto does not sound like ethno-religious supremacist sentiments to them.

APC'S Ticket was simple logical political calculation to win Atiku, a Muslim northerner who contested under the biggest opposition party. It was Obilamba that made a religious war of elections by going to churches, CAN, Christian concerts, crusades and weddings. Many states in Nigeria have Christian Christian tickets and Muslim Muslim tickets. Tickets have nothing to do with religion, Buhari had a Muslin Pastor ticket and even a Muslin GO ticket. It didn't stop him from nepotism and sowing the tribal divisions seeds.
Re: Nigeria More Divided Than Civil War Era – Sanusi by OGHENAOGIE(m): 11:48am On Apr 05, 2023
nairalanda1:
Hmm

1.No we are not that divided.

2.The problem is simple.

Nigerians believe in something called a national cake. And if your tribe wins the election, you get to control the division of the national cake and your tribesmen get first dibs.

3.That is why we are having the whole screaming from Peter Obi supportters. They feel they have been denied their share of the national cake. And why tinubu supporters are happy despite the irregularities in the election. They feel they are now in charge of the cake now.

That is why we have had problems since independence. It is why we had the pogroms of 1966, the civil war, and myriad of crisis in the 1970's 1980's and 1990's and even now. National cake things.

I know some people would say we were united in the 1970's and 80's...but that was because the army was in power and was seen as 'neutral'. Also, when the politicans get overthrown, everyone is back to a state of 'Yeah we all have no access to power'

That is, unitl people started complaining that it was dominated by Northerners...

The truth is, there is no national cake. Development comes by fiscal discipline via massive taxation, massive removal of subsides, and massive industrial and scientific development.

And I guarantee that if we split Nigeria, the problem will remain.
if the Army was neutral there won't be a civil war... Which one be election irregularities even in America pple complain of their elections nothing is perfect anywhere... Pple should move on or wait for court judgment... Obi isn't any Messiah that suddenly pple should lose sleep over...
Re: Nigeria More Divided Than Civil War Era – Sanusi by zanebaddo(m): 12:01pm On Apr 05, 2023
Jones4190:
I'm not from Ogun state, I'm Nigeria
grin grin joker! No be only Nigeria. Is there anything like Nigeria? Nigeria ko Niger Republic ni.
Re: Nigeria More Divided Than Civil War Era – Sanusi by OGHENAOGIE(m): 12:03pm On Apr 05, 2023
Iamzik:

Nigeria was not half as divided as this when buhari took over. How can a ruling party choose a same faith ticket in a country like Nigeria just to win election?

Winning election is easy for a ruling party but uniting the people after winning is the real problem. With the suspicion on ground right now, whoever is the president will struggle to unite the country behind him
if some of Ina like continue doing division and wailing...in democracy everyone won't support one side... 1999-2015 PDP was the dominant party that's why u think no division Toda we have APC PDP two dominant parties... Then other small parties like NNPP APGA LP etc... We should all respect rule of law and humanity finish... Anyone angling for division should follow proper channels and stop disturbing the peace of others...

1 Like

Re: Nigeria More Divided Than Civil War Era – Sanusi by incandescentena: 12:12pm On Apr 05, 2023
Fearyourcreator:

Dem never born you 1993 ... Abi ode leleyi... Worse case Christians won't vote them then vote more balanced ticked... And he won with Muslim Muslim ... Cuz me sef support am and I be Christian... Una just like religious wahala... And most una prayers no dey pass money wey una no work for for inside church... I don't know as mosque dey do theirs ooo
Mama ye oti werey

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria More Divided Than Civil War Era – Sanusi by onuman: 12:13pm On Apr 05, 2023
Spuggie:

Source:
https://punchng.com/nigeria-more-divided-than-civil-war-era-sanusi/?amp

Tinubu refused to participate in public debates before the election.

The election process that threw up Tinubu as winner was most deceptive, fraudulent and backward, as the election umpire changed the regulation it established earlier for the election and switched to a regulation not know by voters.
Re: Nigeria More Divided Than Civil War Era – Sanusi by Fearyourcreator: 12:27pm On Apr 05, 2023
incandescentena:
Mama ye oti werey
Afofun
Re: Nigeria More Divided Than Civil War Era – Sanusi by nairalanda1(m): 12:43pm On Apr 05, 2023
OGHENAOGIE:
if the Army was neutral there won't be a civil war... Which one be election irregularities even in America pple complain of their elections nothing is perfect anywhere... Pple should move on or wait for court judgment... Obi isn't any Messiah that suddenly pple should lose sleep over...

The civil war too came about due to a lot of factors....
Re: Nigeria More Divided Than Civil War Era – Sanusi by Iamzik: 12:44pm On Apr 05, 2023
OGHENAOGIE:
if some of Ina like continue doing division and wailing...in democracy everyone won't support one side... 1999-2015 PDP was the dominant party that's why u think no division Toda we have APC PDP two dominant parties... Then other small parties like NNPP APGA LP etc... We should all respect rule of law and humanity finish... Anyone angling for division should follow proper channels and stop disturbing the peace of others...

Which of the party you mentioned ever presented a Muslim Muslim candidate? You think they are fools or they don't want to win elections?
Re: Nigeria More Divided Than Civil War Era – Sanusi by Ikemba007: 12:45pm On Apr 05, 2023
MMT is nothing if we have been having CCT and MMT in states that are multireligious with no complains. For example, have you heard any complains in Osun that currently has CCT? Are people even noticing it?

It only becomes a problem when the gods of men who claim to been of God tell people that it is a problem. Political religious leaders!

incandescentena:
Amir Sanisi, What have you done to speak the truth about the Muslim- muslim tickets before now? Did you enlighten your people for the need of Unity in diversity?

These crop of political leaders today are selfish and too desperate.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria More Divided Than Civil War Era – Sanusi by gidgiddy: 12:55pm On Apr 05, 2023
Image123:

APC'S Ticket was simple logical political calculation to win Atiku, a Muslim northerner who contested under the biggest opposition party. It was Obilamba that made a religious war of elections by going to churches, CAN, Christian concerts, crusades and weddings. Many states in Nigeria have Christian Christian tickets and Muslim Muslim tickets. Tickets have nothing to do with religion, Buhari had a Muslin Pastor ticket and even a Muslin GO ticket. It didn't stop him from nepotism and sowing the tribal divisions seeds.

Tickets have nothing to do with Religion? Had Bola Tinubu been a Christian, and chose a Northern Christian on a Christian/Christian ticket, Northern Muslims would have voted for such ticket?
Re: Nigeria More Divided Than Civil War Era – Sanusi by carlos1(m): 1:08pm On Apr 05, 2023
this is what happens wen u hand over a country to a heardsman,
Now imagine what will happen when a drug lord and a te.rrorist
takes over. we are finished. God forb.id BAT THING
Re: Nigeria More Divided Than Civil War Era – Sanusi by caracas: 1:12pm On Apr 05, 2023
johannu:
The former Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria, Muhammed Sanusi, has said Nigeria is “dangerously divided along ethnic and religious lines.”

Let's hope that the incoming Administration will be able to fix Nigeria.
Yes oooo
Our sweet daddy Peter obi will fix it….
Re: Nigeria More Divided Than Civil War Era – Sanusi by Faposky95: 1:36pm On Apr 05, 2023
GOTVee:
sad Even though i'm a born again christain, all i know is that the Unity of Nigeria is not negotiable. To keep Nigeria One is a task that must be done. Divided we fall, United we stand. Nigeria will never break in Jesus name. Amen sad

Say what the Lord says.... don't mix His Word and politics...then come here to say I'm a born Again Christian....!?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria More Divided Than Civil War Era – Sanusi by OGHENAOGIE(m): 1:38pm On Apr 05, 2023
Iamzik:

Which of the party you mentioned ever presented a Muslim Muslim candidate? You think they are fools or they don't want to win elections?
Abiola won with Muslim Muslim in 93... 79 awolowo and Azikiwe had Christian Christian ticket got good votes even though shagari won.. Edo state it's Christian Christian despite Muslim in Edo... Osun it's Christian Christian despite Muslim the majority there... So has heaven collapse on Nigeria since tinubu won??... Like I said we all can't support one side in democracy... Whoever no wan move on na im Sabi ooo
Re: Nigeria More Divided Than Civil War Era – Sanusi by OGHENAOGIE(m): 1:41pm On Apr 05, 2023
nairalanda1:

The civil war too came about due to a lot of factors....
military intervention was one of d major factor... If military and counter coup didn't take place in ist Republic that Saw death of ahmadu Bello and Co there won't be civil war.. this is why soldiers should face their primary duty and leave politics for politicians
Re: Nigeria More Divided Than Civil War Era – Sanusi by Johans2023: 1:43pm On Apr 05, 2023
MrAgbakoReloade:
Here are the people responsible

1 Bubu ( Nepotism)

2 Pandoraa Obi ( This moderfvker actually came to make it worse dividing Nigerians along both religion and ethnic tribe)

I said it. Tinubu is dangerous to Buhari even after helping him to rig the 2023 election. Buhari appointed more Yoruba than any other ethnic group including the CJN, yet Yoruba still talking about nepotism.
The moment tinubu pick a Muslim as his vice I know that that man is going to drastically divide the country. He ignore all the millions of Christian in this country, telling the world that Christians are incompetent.
How do you expect peace when
The president is a Muslim
Vice president Muslim
INEC chairman Muslim
Senate president Muslim
Speaker Muslim
Chief justice of Nigeria (CJN) Muslim
Party chairman Muslim
Re: Nigeria More Divided Than Civil War Era – Sanusi by Johans2023: 1:46pm On Apr 05, 2023
johannu:
The former Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria, Muhammed Sanusi, has said Nigeria is “dangerously divided along ethnic and religious lines.”

Let's hope that the incoming Administration will be able to fix Nigeria.
picking a Muslim vice shows that he is going to divide the country more.
Re: Nigeria More Divided Than Civil War Era – Sanusi by Johans2023: 1:51pm On Apr 05, 2023
seeyounow:
embarassed
why are you using outdated map.
Re: Nigeria More Divided Than Civil War Era – Sanusi by Johans2023: 2:00pm On Apr 05, 2023
myrates:
Ironically, you've just demonstrated what Sanusi presented and preached against in his speech. It shouldn't be about religion, tribalism or ethnicity but integrity, competence,capacity,good leadership and ability to deliver the goods.
so nobody is competent among the Christians abi? The division is from Tinubu ticket.
Re: Nigeria More Divided Than Civil War Era – Sanusi by MrAgbakoReloade: 2:01pm On Apr 05, 2023
Johans2023:
I said it. Tinubu is dangerous to Buhari even after helping him to rig the 2023 election. Buhari appointed more Yoruba than any other ethnic group including the CJN, yet Yoruba still talking about nepotism.
The moment tinubu pick a Muslim as his vice I know that that man is going to drastically divide the country. He ignore all the millions of Christian in this country, telling the world that Christians are incompetent.
How do you expect peace when
The president is a Muslim
Vice president Muslim
INEC chairman Muslim
Senate president Muslim
Speaker Muslim
Chief justice of Nigeria (CJN) Muslim
Party chairman Muslim

Go and relax your head fess. Do it can calm down and you remember it always I.gbos crying and wailing about Bubu nepotism for years.
At least if you not part of those indomie generation you should know. I.gbos only talking about bubu nepotism until when the country start preparing for general election and bubu recently suddenly starts to appoint other tribes towards the end of his presidency comes may 29th.

All that talks about Muslims hold no water.
This is governance. It is not about religion. If you have problem with Muslims then deal with it
Re: Nigeria More Divided Than Civil War Era – Sanusi by Image123(m): 2:03pm On Apr 05, 2023
gidgiddy:

Tickets have nothing to do with Religion? Had Bola Tinubu been a Christian, and chose a Northern Christian on a Christian/Christian ticket, Northern Muslims would have voted for such ticket?

Exactly why i said it's politics. It has nothing to do with whether one religion is winning or losing or at war. It has nothing to do with getting into government to islamize or christianize. Do you now understand?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Youths Captured Boko Haram Members In Kaduna / Military Repels Attempt By Boko Haram To Gain More Territory / Photos Of Abba Moro,Others In Court Today, Bail Application Deferred To Tomorrow

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.