Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,712 members, 7,809,699 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:29 PM

Military Repels Attempt By Boko Haram To Gain More Territory - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Military Repels Attempt By Boko Haram To Gain More Territory (18496 Views)

Army Hands Widows & Children Of Boko Haram To Borno State Government / UAE Blocks Attempt By An Ex-gov To Transfer Half A Billion Dollars / Civilian Vigilante Groups Fighting Boko Haram To Be Integrated Into Armed Forces (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Military Repels Attempt By Boko Haram To Gain More Territory by dayo23(f): 6:23pm On Jul 10, 2015
Troops of the Nigerian Armed Forces in the north-east have repelled an attack by suspected members of Boko Haram on a military formation in Buni-Yadi, the headquarters of Gujba Local Government Area of the troubled Yobe State, in a renewed attempt to take more territories.

Buni-Yadi is 56 Kilometres south of Damaturu, the state capital and was the base of the insurgents after capturing both Buni-Yadi and Gulani towns which were subsequently reclaimed by security forces in March, 2015.

Since the reclaiming of the two towns, security forces have established a strong base in the town to resist attempts by insurgents to recapture the territory.

A top military officer, who requested not to be mentioned, confirmed the attack to Channels Television.

The officer said the Boko Haram terrorists engaged security forces on ground late evening on Thursday in Buni-Yadi in an effort to regain the territory that will ease their advancement into Damaturu.

The source said though, security forces repelled the attack, casualty figure was unknown at the time of filling the report

Channels Television’s correspondent in Damaturu reported that serious military hardware was in the early hours of Friday being moved towards Buni-Yadi axis which confirmed the clash between the insurgents and security forces.

It was also reported that a fighter jet came to Damaturu, hovering round the town for some minutes before moving southwards towards the troubled Buni-Yadi.

Thursday’s “clash” between security forces and the Boko Haram militants brought serious fear in the minds of Damaturu residents, considering the town’s proximity to Buni-Yadi.

Residents of Buni-Yadi are yet to return to the reclaimed town, as security forces were on surveillance of the town to ensure its safety before the return of the displaced inhabitants.

The communication facilities in the area has long been vandalised by the insurgents, making it impossible to communicate with residents of the troubled town.

http://www.channelstv.com/2015/07/10/military-repels-attempt-by-boko-haram-to-gain-more-territory/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter

3 Likes

Re: Military Repels Attempt By Boko Haram To Gain More Territory by Nobody: 6:24pm On Jul 10, 2015
angry
Re: Military Repels Attempt By Boko Haram To Gain More Territory by HungerBAD: 6:24pm On Jul 10, 2015
Thumbs up to the Nigerian Military.

Buhari you are working.

40 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Military Repels Attempt By Boko Haram To Gain More Territory by ArchEnemy(m): 6:26pm On Jul 10, 2015
Ding dong affair
You ve done well for today anyway...they deserve some credit
Re: Military Repels Attempt By Boko Haram To Gain More Territory by carzola(m): 6:29pm On Jul 10, 2015
So those territories GEJ regained Buhari lost them again under one month? tufiakwa ... are we progressing at all?

17 Likes

Re: Military Repels Attempt By Boko Haram To Gain More Territory by abduljabbar4(m): 6:29pm On Jul 10, 2015
Wait and see how the tanoids will commend the army but when the reverse is the case they blame Buhari

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Military Repels Attempt By Boko Haram To Gain More Territory by dayo23(f): 6:30pm On Jul 10, 2015
Slow and steady win the race! Old soldier never die!
Kudos to Nigeria Army
Big gbosaaa to Mr President

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Military Repels Attempt By Boko Haram To Gain More Territory by Nobody: 6:32pm On Jul 10, 2015
In the Beginning i cared. But now who cares if Jihadists kill themselves. If you are a jihadist you are a true Muslim if you are not you are fake muslim Either way i dont want to associate with them undecided

4 Likes

Re: Military Repels Attempt By Boko Haram To Gain More Territory by dayo23(f): 6:32pm On Jul 10, 2015
abduljabbar4:
Wait and see how the tanoids will commend the army but when the reverse is the case they blame Buhari
I do criticise Mr president when needed and commends him well when deserved!
abduljabbar4:
of course you are one of the very few tanoids respect. I also criticise Buhari but not on nairaland

I am not a TANoid bro, never will I be! APC blood flow in me.

1 Like

Re: Military Repels Attempt By Boko Haram To Gain More Territory by muhyeenisce(m): 6:33pm On Jul 10, 2015
Nigeria wey no better during the era of gej must better during the era of PMB

2 Likes

Re: Military Repels Attempt By Boko Haram To Gain More Territory by Emekamex(m): 6:35pm On Jul 10, 2015
->Kudos to the military for their victory.
->But I don't want to hear news of them retaking territory as we are used to.
->Why are we always on the defensive? Why cant we for once attack these guys in their hideouts?
Re: Military Repels Attempt By Boko Haram To Gain More Territory by danpaul1(m): 6:36pm On Jul 10, 2015
Kudos to our gallant soldiers. It might take some time but they shall surely conquer!

1 Like

Re: Military Repels Attempt By Boko Haram To Gain More Territory by killjoy(m): 6:36pm On Jul 10, 2015
jj
Re: Military Repels Attempt By Boko Haram To Gain More Territory by lekjons(m): 6:37pm On Jul 10, 2015
Those Boko boys get mouth oo shocked , they still wan get more territory to establish or what?!! someboby tell me what today's date is, seems were are in 1100A.D
Re: Military Repels Attempt By Boko Haram To Gain More Territory by Sunofgod(m): 6:37pm On Jul 10, 2015
Boko Haram seem to be growing stronger and bolder under Buhari

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Military Repels Attempt By Boko Haram To Gain More Territory by DahtzFestjayz: 6:37pm On Jul 10, 2015
Re: Military Repels Attempt By Boko Haram To Gain More Territory by Mogidi: 6:37pm On Jul 10, 2015
Why did Buhari stop the army from entering Sambisa forest? By now the insurgency would have ended if they were not told to slow down.

1 Like

Re: Military Repels Attempt By Boko Haram To Gain More Territory by JackErnest(m): 6:37pm On Jul 10, 2015
Kudos!!! Bravo!!! Old soldiers never dies! The motherfuckers(boko harams) never loved us! More Nigerian troops and mass weaponry should be deployed! With Oluwa on our side, we will win #InTheFullnessOfTime!!!
[It just gets better and better; eats popcorn]
Re: Military Repels Attempt By Boko Haram To Gain More Territory by NgwaManNaija4LF(m): 6:38pm On Jul 10, 2015
We are tired of the word REPEL. What we should be hearing now is the word, CAPTURED AND KILLED. Simple. cool

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Military Repels Attempt By Boko Haram To Gain More Territory by Nobody: 6:38pm On Jul 10, 2015
The military feeding us lies since the days of Buhari

1 Like

Re: Military Repels Attempt By Boko Haram To Gain More Territory by neweraomo: 6:38pm On Jul 10, 2015
who wants burger?

1 Like

Re: Military Repels Attempt By Boko Haram To Gain More Territory by alaoeri: 6:39pm On Jul 10, 2015
Our gallant soldiers shall overcome those ragtags.
Re: Military Repels Attempt By Boko Haram To Gain More Territory by jstbeinhonest(m): 6:39pm On Jul 10, 2015
I pray 4 d military.we r solidly bhynd dem
Re: Military Repels Attempt By Boko Haram To Gain More Territory by jimsin2081(m): 6:39pm On Jul 10, 2015
Re: Military Repels Attempt By Boko Haram To Gain More Territory by Phelixdegreat(m): 6:40pm On Jul 10, 2015
Their end is here.
Re: Military Repels Attempt By Boko Haram To Gain More Territory by Precious91(m): 6:40pm On Jul 10, 2015
well done NA
Re: Military Repels Attempt By Boko Haram To Gain More Territory by Goddygee(m): 6:40pm On Jul 10, 2015
ok
Re: Military Repels Attempt By Boko Haram To Gain More Territory by rozayx5(m): 6:40pm On Jul 10, 2015
Sunofgod:
Boko Haram seem to be growing stronger and bolder under Buhari

yea , their boss is in charge
Re: Military Repels Attempt By Boko Haram To Gain More Territory by kingjaja23(m): 6:40pm On Jul 10, 2015
God bless the Nigerian Army
God bless our soldiers
God bless Nigeria
#OneNigeria

1 Like

Re: Military Repels Attempt By Boko Haram To Gain More Territory by abduljabbar4(m): 6:41pm On Jul 10, 2015
dayo23:

I do criticise Mr president when needed and commends him well when deserved!
of course you are one of the very few tanoids respect. I also criticise Buhari but not on nairaland

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Uche Secondus Visits Ibrahim Babangida In Minna With PDP NWC / Senator Buruji Kashamu Fingered In OPC- Cultists Clash At Ijebu Igbo / Osinbajo: Seizure Of Funds By Obasanjo Made Lagos Think Like Sovereign State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.