Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,762 members, 7,817,105 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:52 AM

Ekweremadu: Obasanjo Writes A Letter To UK Court - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ekweremadu: Obasanjo Writes A Letter To UK Court (49952 Views)

Obasanjo Writes A Letter To Britain Asking Them To Back Down On 2023 Election / Obasanjo Writes Letter To Sanusi: Your Dethronement As Emir Is Good And Bad / Obasanjo Writes Buhari Again, Warns Him To End Violent Attacks Across Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ekweremadu: Obasanjo Writes A Letter To UK Court by Chetas81(m): 5:13pm On Apr 05, 2023
SHAME ON YOU THE NIGERIA CITIZENS LOOK AT YOUR SELF AND LOOK AT MIRROR IF YOU CAN SEPARATE FROM THE PROBLEMS
Re: Ekweremadu: Obasanjo Writes A Letter To UK Court by Princevee11(m): 5:14pm On Apr 05, 2023
My brother that is how a normal society should be.His not a victim of circumstances but a victim of a decent Law society...Wish Him well tho<<Omoawoke Make them help this guy abeg
This is one of our leaders, no country should watch this embarrassment.

Before you blame this Ekweremadu, I’m not saying he did right but the truth is that many people are worse when faced with pressure.
Before you question people’s moral ground, would you do same when faced with same pressure?[/quote]
Re: Ekweremadu: Obasanjo Writes A Letter To UK Court by Princevee11(m): 5:16pm On Apr 05, 2023
Omoawoke:
Make them help this guy abeg.

Before you blame this Ekweremadu, I’m not saying he did right but the truth is that many people are worse when faced with pressure.
Before you question people’s moral ground, would you do same when faced with same pressure?

My brother that is how a normal society should be.His not a victim of circumstances but a victim of a decent Law society...Wish Him well tho<<Omoawoke
Re: Ekweremadu: Obasanjo Writes A Letter To UK Court by thedio(m): 5:17pm On Apr 05, 2023
orion7:
Nigerians think they re doing ekweremadu. The country’s name is at ridicule here.

And what can we do? Stage a protest?
Re: Ekweremadu: Obasanjo Writes A Letter To UK Court by Josbreed: 5:17pm On Apr 05, 2023
Obj said that Ime has been charitable in providing education and Healthcare to the poor. Well, that is a lie, he should have built or lobbied for a state of the art hospital to be built in the East. That he would have used for his daughter instead of flying her to the UK. NO PITY.
Re: Ekweremadu: Obasanjo Writes A Letter To UK Court by candygist: 5:19pm On Apr 05, 2023
youneedjesus:
A compassionate man.

If only he had this same compassion for Nigeria when he was the president of Nigeria. Other leaders would have followed is steps.
Re: Ekweremadu: Obasanjo Writes A Letter To UK Court by MrAgbakoReloade: 5:21pm On Apr 05, 2023
OBJ himself.
Baba and letters sha😂
Dem no born UK well dem get respect for baba
Re: Ekweremadu: Obasanjo Writes A Letter To UK Court by eedimo(m): 5:21pm On Apr 05, 2023
orion7:
Nigerians think they re doing ekweremadu. The country’s name is at ridicule here.

Exactly my point
Re: Ekweremadu: Obasanjo Writes A Letter To UK Court by mrteee: 5:22pm On Apr 05, 2023
OBJ should know better.
Countries like the UK would even mete out the maximum punishment available to people like Ekweremadu, because in such societies persons of influence are held to a much higher standard than the ordinary citizen on the street. They believe in the maxim "To whom much is given, much is expected"

1 Like

Re: Ekweremadu: Obasanjo Writes A Letter To UK Court by tiger28: 5:27pm On Apr 05, 2023
This one needs to start looking for his long lost Ibo father...........
Re: Ekweremadu: Obasanjo Writes A Letter To UK Court by stanbright(m): 5:28pm On Apr 05, 2023
motayoayinde:
WHO DOES THIS MAN THINK HE IS?

OBASANJO REALLY DOES OVERESTIMATE THE LEVEL OF HIS INFLUENCE.

HE THINKS HIS SILLY LETTER CAN SUBVERT JUSTICE IN A COUNTRY WHERE THINGS WORK.

He was a two time president of Nigeria
He has levels to be truthful
Re: Ekweremadu: Obasanjo Writes A Letter To UK Court by miceroms: 5:28pm On Apr 05, 2023
As much as I sympathize with the travails of the fmr DSP. Wrong is wrong regardless of the motive behind it. The intention was clear from the outset; use the guy and abandon him to whatever adverse effects from the procedure. Why is nobody reaching out to the guy or his family?

1 Like

Re: Ekweremadu: Obasanjo Writes A Letter To UK Court by bunminikan(m): 5:30pm On Apr 05, 2023
So many kids on nairaland. Let's wait and see if obj letter got weight or not. I commend obj for his letter. A two time head of the giant of Africa knows that his letter can have effect that was why he did write it. How can some undergraduate kids on nairaland claim they know so much than obj?

1 Like

Re: Ekweremadu: Obasanjo Writes A Letter To UK Court by Khallicopyro: 5:35pm On Apr 05, 2023
Any father would do what he did... Have mercy on him please
Re: Ekweremadu: Obasanjo Writes A Letter To UK Court by MrAgbakoReloade: 5:39pm On Apr 05, 2023
tunjiajayi:
angry

Lowest of the low.
Obasanjo has finally lost it.th

This is so unbecoming of a so called elder statesman.

Imagine interfering in a court case without being a party to the case or counsel on the case.

This is the height of self conceit.

Shame on you Mr obj.

I won't say he iis trying to ntervene as you put it because I read the letter. He actually condemn the act and only beg for leniency.
People do beg judges to tamper mercy with justice in Nigeria and all over the world highlighting the person good sides other positive things about the person.
That is what I see OBJ basically doing
Re: Ekweremadu: Obasanjo Writes A Letter To UK Court by nairalanda1(m): 5:42pm On Apr 05, 2023
People should stop defending Ekweremadu

As for me, let the judge throw the book at him. Make him chop the full punishment, so that people can be deterred. What he did was wrong, and was not right.

1 Like

Re: Ekweremadu: Obasanjo Writes A Letter To UK Court by gasparpisciotta: 5:42pm On Apr 05, 2023
Sermwell:

You know nothing! His international personality may sway things in favor of Ekwerenmadu! Obasanjo is 2 time president of Nigeria. It's very important the recipients of the letter know the personality of the sender.

How international personality means nothing to the local law in the UK. This is not a diplomatic affair

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Ekweremadu: Obasanjo Writes A Letter To UK Court by gasparpisciotta: 5:44pm On Apr 05, 2023
Abujaexpress:
He knows what he is writing. The U.K laws respects ex-service men and accord them special place in thier constitution, so Obasanjo needed to introduce himself more to draw compassion from the U.K authorities to his request. Go back to school bro

Ex servicemen were in most parts of Europe are well respected in their locality.

Obasanjo has no local credibility in the UK. This is not a diplomatic affair

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Ekweremadu: Obasanjo Writes A Letter To UK Court by Interoma(m): 5:45pm On Apr 05, 2023
IT IS JUST AN EYES SERVICE,
FROM THE OLD NIGERIA LETTER MAN.
Re: Ekweremadu: Obasanjo Writes A Letter To UK Court by Mrtaye: 5:45pm On Apr 05, 2023
motayoayinde:

So what exactly are you all about....was he wrong to have written the letter
Re: Ekweremadu: Obasanjo Writes A Letter To UK Court by gasparpisciotta: 5:46pm On Apr 05, 2023
xevove2061:

Ode, you no want make him introduce himself and give them the authority on which he is writing to them? You local people are too bereft of logic.

Calling a stranger ‘ode’ is a sign you were either not properly brought up or you decided to junk the moral training of your guardians.

Introducing your self as a former Nigerian President will suffice in any diplomatic situation.

No need of epistle according to igwe OBj
Re: Ekweremadu: Obasanjo Writes A Letter To UK Court by Mrtaye: 5:47pm On Apr 05, 2023
tunjiajayi:
angry

Lowest of the low.
Obasanjo has finally lost it.th

This is so unbecoming of a so called elder statesman.

Imagine interfering in a court case without being a party to the case or counsel on the case.

This is the height of self conceit.

Shame on you Mr obj.
So Obasanjo na tissue paper?
Re: Ekweremadu: Obasanjo Writes A Letter To UK Court by gasparpisciotta: 5:49pm On Apr 05, 2023
freshvine:

A drug dealer was evacuated from the kingdom of Saudi Arabia by this present government.

Go back and read the story of that young woman again.

Then you can come back to comment.
Re: Ekweremadu: Obasanjo Writes A Letter To UK Court by CaptainFM1: 5:53pm On Apr 05, 2023
youneedjesus:
A compassionate man.

The only Nationalist Nigeria ever had as President!
Re: Ekweremadu: Obasanjo Writes A Letter To UK Court by myspace(m): 5:56pm On Apr 05, 2023
Replies you see here really shows the poor state of Nigeria's education system. Having influencial people like Priests, Top Politicians and Senior Citizens write to a trial judge to appeal for lighter sentencing is part of the judicial process. All these would be put into consideration by the judge before sentencing.

Obasanjo has done nothing wrong.
Re: Ekweremadu: Obasanjo Writes A Letter To UK Court by einsteine(m): 5:56pm On Apr 05, 2023
motayoayinde:

Letters from even a common pastor can help mitigate a sentence from 20 years to 10 years. It is part of the legal process in "countries where things work".

That's why invictus obi got his pastor, workers etc to write letters to an American Court.
Re: Ekweremadu: Obasanjo Writes A Letter To UK Court by musicwriter(m): 5:58pm On Apr 05, 2023
Omoawoke:
Make them help this guy abeg.

Before you question people’s moral ground, would you do same when faced with same pressure?

No, I won't do it. If I have all the money in the world and my child is sick, I'll never buy organ from a poor man's child so that my child would live. That's a morally reprehensible thing to do!

If I even become so sick that it requires my brother or sister to donate me an organ so that I can live, I'll rather prefer to die than risk their lives.

The only issue I have about this whole Ekweremedu case is that the UK is a dubious nation itself, and still has its hand deep in exploitation and slavery around the world but in another name.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ekweremadu: Obasanjo Writes A Letter To UK Court by tiger28: 6:04pm On Apr 05, 2023
Where are his KINFOLKS to do what OBJ is doing?

They are still busy with their Nzogbu Nzogbu way of doing things.....making threats of nuking UK govt.

Cowards!!!
Re: Ekweremadu: Obasanjo Writes A Letter To UK Court by Omoawoke: 6:05pm On Apr 05, 2023
musicwriter:
[/b]

No, I won't do it. If I have all the money in the world and my child is sick, I'll never buy organ from a poor man's child so that my child would live. That's a morally reprehensible thing to do!

If I even become so sick that it requires my brother or sister to donate me an organ so that I can live, I'll rather prefer to die than risk their lives.

The only issue I have about this whole Ekweremedu case is that the UK is a dubious nation itself, and still has its hand deep in exploitation and slavery around the world but in another name.

You know why I like some of these American thriller movies, they put you into real test. So many things are easy to say but when faced with real life test, would you compromise?
Let’s assume you have an only child, and you are placed in a situation where you save him or save a stranger. You have to kill one otherwise the two will die, would you pull the trigger on the stranger and let your child live or would you refuse to shoot and let them both die. I too like American moves sha grin they keep you thinking of what would you really do when put to test.
Forget all these people making noise and judging ekerwmadu, they have done worse in smaller situations and may do worse in more critical situations.
Don’t pray for life to test you
Re: Ekweremadu: Obasanjo Writes A Letter To UK Court by BafanaBafana: 6:06pm On Apr 05, 2023
orion7:

A country that elected Tinubu as president. What ridicule could be more

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

This Was How President Jonathan Met Our Railway System (Pictures) / Is CNN Mocking The APC In This Tweet? (Photo) / Saraki's CCB Trial Live On Channels TV

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.