Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,814 members, 7,817,362 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:58 AM

IS IT LEGAL FOR AN ORDINARY CITIZEN TO OWN A TASER?? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / IS IT LEGAL FOR AN ORDINARY CITIZEN TO OWN A TASER?? (3288 Views)

Elon Musk Offers To End Legal Fight, Goes Ahead With Twitter $44b Deal / Does Nigerian Customs Charge This High For Ordinary Smartphone Sent From US? / Whatsapp To Take Legal Action Against Spammers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

IS IT LEGAL FOR AN ORDINARY CITIZEN TO OWN A TASER?? by EriMma1: 3:29pm On Apr 05, 2023
I'm asking because I want to own one.

I just feel at this juncture every one should own a taser for self defense and lately I've been thinking of getting one.

So, I wanna know if it's legal to have one as an ordinary citizen here in Nigeria.

Trying to upload pics but it's not responding with pics selected.
Modified. Pics attached finally. I love the lipstick design taser

1 Like

Re: IS IT LEGAL FOR AN ORDINARY CITIZEN TO OWN A TASER?? by garriAndsugar: 3:32pm On Apr 05, 2023
yes you can also add one pistol, 2 ak 47 and 3 mini bombs

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: IS IT LEGAL FOR AN ORDINARY CITIZEN TO OWN A TASER?? by EriMma1: 6:24pm On Apr 05, 2023
TheGreenHouse:
Of course you can own a taser

Oh.. ok. Thought its a crime to own one.

Thanks.
Re: IS IT LEGAL FOR AN ORDINARY CITIZEN TO OWN A TASER?? by KingMack(m): 6:40pm On Apr 05, 2023
EriMma1:

Thanks.

It's a crime ooo.. don't be deceived

6 Likes

Re: IS IT LEGAL FOR AN ORDINARY CITIZEN TO OWN A TASER?? by EriMma1: 6:47pm On Apr 05, 2023
KingMack:

It's a crime ooo.. don't be deceived

It's for self defense now. So how is it a crime then?
nlfpmod.

5 Likes

Re: IS IT LEGAL FOR AN ORDINARY CITIZEN TO OWN A TASER?? by falcon01: 6:55pm On Apr 05, 2023
EriMma1:

nlfpmod.
Na Nigeria you dey! Holding scre driver as Self defense is against the law

7 Likes

Re: IS IT LEGAL FOR AN ORDINARY CITIZEN TO OWN A TASER?? by EriMma1: 7:00pm On Apr 05, 2023
falcon01:

Na wa o. When I don see the one of 10k wen I wan go buy now.

1 Like

Re: IS IT LEGAL FOR AN ORDINARY CITIZEN TO OWN A TASER?? by garriAndsugar: 7:19pm On Apr 05, 2023
EriMma1:

Na wa o. When I don see the one of 10k wen I wan go buy now.
Just get catapult and some stones

2 Likes

Re: IS IT LEGAL FOR AN ORDINARY CITIZEN TO OWN A TASER?? by EriMma1: 7:22pm On Apr 05, 2023
garriAndsugar:

Just get catapult and some stones

Come... who is this cave man?
Please swerve!

5 Likes

Re: IS IT LEGAL FOR AN ORDINARY CITIZEN TO OWN A TASER?? by Rickmann: 7:23pm On Apr 05, 2023
EriMma1:
I'm asking because I want to own one.

I just feel at this juncture every one should own a taser for self defense and lately I've been thinking of getting one.

So, I wanna know if it's legal to have one as an ordinary citizen here in Nigeria.

Trying to upload pics but it's not responding with pics selected.

Don't know about Nigeria but I know you can own a taser easily in the western world since it's not a firearm and doesn't kill..Most ladies use it to protect themselves from sexual or any form of harassment from men.

Personally, I recommend it and I think it's something anyone can own.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: IS IT LEGAL FOR AN ORDINARY CITIZEN TO OWN A TASER?? by EriMma1: 7:25pm On Apr 05, 2023
Rickmann:

Don't know about Nigeria but I know you can own a taser easily in the western world since it's not a firearm and doesn't kill..Most ladies use it to protect themselves from sexual or any form of harassment from men.

I wonder why it's a big deal here. 🤔🤔.
Re: IS IT LEGAL FOR AN ORDINARY CITIZEN TO OWN A TASER?? by MichaelSokoto(m): 8:26pm On Apr 05, 2023
which NEPA light u wan take charge am?

Jez askin 4 a friend.
cool

2 Likes

Re: IS IT LEGAL FOR AN ORDINARY CITIZEN TO OWN A TASER?? by Proffdada: 8:32pm On Apr 05, 2023
EriMma1:

Thanks.
It's not lethal so it's not a crime

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: IS IT LEGAL FOR AN ORDINARY CITIZEN TO OWN A TASER?? by Proffdada: 8:32pm On Apr 05, 2023
EriMma1:

nlfpmod.
No mind that cow

2 Likes

Re: IS IT LEGAL FOR AN ORDINARY CITIZEN TO OWN A TASER?? by TUANKU(m): 9:09pm On Apr 05, 2023
falcon01:
Stop misleading him with wrong info. A teaser is legal here in Nigeria, visit Amigo supermarket or Grand Square in Abuja you can buy legit.

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: IS IT LEGAL FOR AN ORDINARY CITIZEN TO OWN A TASER?? by EriMma1: 9:42pm On Apr 05, 2023
Proffdada:
It's not lethal so it's not a crime

Ok.
Thanks.
Re: IS IT LEGAL FOR AN ORDINARY CITIZEN TO OWN A TASER?? by EriMma1: 9:44pm On Apr 05, 2023
MichaelSokoto:
which NEPA light u wan take charge am?

Jez askin 4 a friend.
cool

We do have constant and steady light in my area. That's what is giving me the moral na.

Right now light is wasting in my area.

1 Like

Re: IS IT LEGAL FOR AN ORDINARY CITIZEN TO OWN A TASER?? by hardbody: 9:44pm On Apr 05, 2023
I can actually answer your question and back it up under the law but if I do, I will get a ban, let us just be reading comments of the privileged few who are above ban.

1 Like

Re: IS IT LEGAL FOR AN ORDINARY CITIZEN TO OWN A TASER?? by EriMma1: 9:46pm On Apr 05, 2023
hardbody:
I can actually answer your question and back it up under the law but if I do, I will get a ban, let us just be reading comments of the privileged few who are above ban.

Why will you get a ban? I don't understand.
Please share that's why I created this post so by next week I don dey armed with my new device. grin
Re: IS IT LEGAL FOR AN ORDINARY CITIZEN TO OWN A TASER?? by Highesschief1: 9:58pm On Apr 05, 2023
It is legal to own a teaser in Nigeria, I will recommend you also get a pepper spray. Remember to deploy them only when necessary e.g in a dangerous situation and needs to escape.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: IS IT LEGAL FOR AN ORDINARY CITIZEN TO OWN A TASER?? by Highways: 10:04pm On Apr 05, 2023
The only people allowed to hold such things like daga and co are a certain tribe from Nigeria and if you're not from there, it's a crime

4 Likes

Re: IS IT LEGAL FOR AN ORDINARY CITIZEN TO OWN A TASER?? by EriMma1: 10:54pm On Apr 05, 2023
Highesschief1:
It is legal to own a teaser in Nigeria, I will recommend you also get a pepper spray. Remember to deploy them only when necessary e.g in a dangerous situation and needs to escape.

Mmm .. that pepper spray one needs to be at close range to be able to hit the target and I don't even pray to come in close contact with a target.

l still prefer the taser.
Re: IS IT LEGAL FOR AN ORDINARY CITIZEN TO OWN A TASER?? by EriMma1: 10:55pm On Apr 05, 2023
Highesschief1:
.I no need daga biko grin.
Re: IS IT LEGAL FOR AN ORDINARY CITIZEN TO OWN A TASER?? by Babssoo(m): 10:56pm On Apr 05, 2023
Rickmann:

it is illegal here in the uk, even pepper spray
Re: IS IT LEGAL FOR AN ORDINARY CITIZEN TO OWN A TASER?? by EriMma1: 11:27pm On Apr 05, 2023
Babssoo:
it is illegal here in the uk, even pepper spray

Really? I tot such places would even be easier to own these things.
Re: IS IT LEGAL FOR AN ORDINARY CITIZEN TO OWN A TASER?? by Dramadiddy(m): 2:08am On Apr 06, 2023
it’s totally legal but your choice of taser may not be a good fit, you need it to have enough electricity to destabilize an attacker
Re: IS IT LEGAL FOR AN ORDINARY CITIZEN TO OWN A TASER?? by Dramadiddy(m): 2:09am On Apr 06, 2023
EriMma1:

Mmm .. that pepper spray one needs to be at close range to be able to hit the target and I don't even pray to come in close contact with a target.

l still prefer the taser.
you need to be in closer contact if you’re using a taser, pepper spray is in gas form, but taser needs body contact to work
Re: IS IT LEGAL FOR AN ORDINARY CITIZEN TO OWN A TASER?? by davillian(m): 2:30am On Apr 06, 2023
EriMma1:

nlfpmod.
I doubt if there is anything like self defence for civilian...
If you kill anyone na jail straight except Nigerian police wants to cover you....
Buy pepper spray

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Tecno N3, Q1, P3, D5, L3 Phones (Pros & Cons) / The Fight Is Now Between Samsung And Tecno- / Download Angry Birds 2 Apk + Data For Android

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.